PDA

View Full Version : lowbie warrior w/ little cash aggro weps?

gotrocks
09-15-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm leveling up a troll warrior with a buddy of mine, I'm 8 right now he's 9.

Despite what some people think, I am not a rich player, and really don't have a ton of cash to spend on getting my warrior some aggro weapons.

Whats the best bang for my buck? What are the cheapest pair of weps i could grab that'd be viable aggro generators that'd last as long as possible?

Any suggestions are appreciated. I've never had a warrior!

khanable
09-15-2013, 06:16 PM
2x yak clubs, bar none

Assuming you're of level to make them proc.

Otherwise just group with non-idiots and have them root everything and tank with whatever the hell you want.

captnamazing
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Since you aren't near 36 don't buy ykesha weapons yet. They have low dps and it won't hold aggro till they proc. Burning torch has a good DD fire proc that starts at level 1, then next up there's Polished Granite Tomahawk (you can sometimes even get these for free) and obsidian shards. I'd recomend getting the obsidian shards and dual wielding them until you can proc yaks.

Vadd
09-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Since you aren't near 36 don't buy ykesha weapons yet. They have low dps and it won't hold aggro till they proc. Burning torch has a good DD fire proc that starts at level 1, then next up there's Polished Granite Tomahawk (you can sometimes even get these for free) and obsidian shards. I'd recomend getting the obsidian shards and dual wielding them until you can proc yaks.

Torch is like 9/22, very good.
Shards are "mini Yaks"

Wrench
09-18-2013, 01:59 PM
jesus rocks, think maybe this has been asked before?

Raavak
09-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Is there a Wiki page on aggro procs or anything, from newbie up through VP weapons? I hear warriors talking about what they use but I'd love to see some compilation.

koros
09-20-2013, 10:18 AM
whip of strangulation has a good aggro proc and is cheap as dirt.

ripwind
09-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Another cheap/fast weapon would be a Jarsath Trident. Can be had for 100-200pp. No proc, but a pretty great ratio (11/22). A poor man's lamentation.

gotrocks
09-22-2013, 05:28 PM
You guys are awesome, thanks. I'll definitely pick up some obsidian shards next time my fat troll is in EC.

jesus rocks, think maybe this has been asked before?

bah, i can't be bothered to use the search button, that's just the advice i give, not the advice i take :D

Vadd
09-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Sword of skyfire, dps ftw

kaev
09-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Sword of skyfire, dps ftw

Until you can proc a stun this is pretty much true afaict. Whip of Strangulation (DoT proc) was good low level agro on live, but on live you didn't have every monkee twink and his brother showing up with a coupla fast 1:2 ratio 1handers and a haste belt.