PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: mobs fleeing

Amirite
09-15-2013, 01:02 PM
3. Npcs won't flee while their allies are fighting.

is this true for everywhere?

becouse in lower guk, all the frogs flee when under 22ish% hp even if i have more then one.

i do remember on live them not fleeing, as i would pull a 2nd mob to keep one from fleeing.

nilbog
09-15-2013, 01:26 PM
In Lower Guk, I pulled a zol knight and 2 vis ghoul knights.

I damaged the zol down to 4% hp. It continued fighting along with the Vis Knights.

I feigned death, and the zol fled.

Velerin
09-15-2013, 01:43 PM
I've noticed if you pull 2 at once the first will fight to the death, but if you pull 1 then the second aggros later the first will run. I assumed thats how its supposed to be?

kaev
09-15-2013, 04:48 PM
They should not flee unless green con or their buddies are mezd.

Amirite
09-15-2013, 06:33 PM
They should not flee unless green con or their buddies are mezd.

so level affects it? becouse 1 mob always flees for me

Motec
09-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Level only affects it due to aggro. If mobs are not assisting they flee.

If you pull a mob. And B mob assists A, they won't flee when low (whichever is low), unless the other mob is mezzed with a blur component that lands.

If you are level 60, and pull a green mob, and then pull another green mob. A and B, both will flee, because they are not assisting each other. In this scenario the simple solution is to spread the aggro to a 2nd person with a buff and sit down (effective lvl1, which causes one to mob to assist the other even though they are both engaged, think of it as a tertiary aggro), or have someone within frenzy range of the mob get on the hate list of one (like a level 40 or something). Or just pull them in a way that makes the other mobs assist. Such as with fear/snare/root/send a lower pet and sit.

Level is irrelevant. Only frenzy aggro based on level.
Proximity is irrelevant. Only frenzy range matters based on level.

You can't just keep a mob in camp nonstop to stop others running either, you need to mem wipe the fresh pull that just came in so it assists the one sitting in camp.

Very, very obvious and simple game mechanic. How are you people so inept at a 14 year old elf simulator.

Yinikren
09-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Very, very obvious and simple game mechanic. How are you people so inept at a 14 year old elf simulator.

This was necessary because...? Jesus, its a bug report. I was grouped with Amirite in lguk and was about to report my same findings. On live, as long as we had two mobs in the camp then the ones that would normally be fleeing stuck around, regardless of when they were pulled. Not sure if it was a truly classic mechanic or not.

Calm down.

baramur
09-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

If you pull 2 mobs and 1 is green and 1 is lb or higher, the green mob will not run at low health if the lb/blue mob is still fighting. If you kill the LB/Blue mob first it will flee. Neither scenario is correct. When you have 2 mobs on aggro list in proximity of who is aggro, neither should flee, but once again only way a mob will not flee is if it has a buddy that is lb or above in con.

2 greens, both will flee.

1 green, 1b. If kill lb first it will flee, if kill green first lb will not flee.

2lb no flee.

Motec
09-17-2013, 07:11 PM
2 greens, both will flee.

Wrong, You have no concept of what is happening and assist mechanics in game, nor factions. Your statements above are both vague and very broad stroke lacking any context as to the exact scenario you describe.

Scenarios, to break it down for you.

Primary Aggro
1. If you pull two green mobs, both will flee.

Little johnny is in sol a on his 60 monk. He attacks a goblin, and then attacks a 2nd goblin. Both goblins will flee, as neither goblin is assisting

Tertiary Aggro
2. If you pull 1 green mob and have another green mob assist it, neither will flee.

Little johnny is in sol a on his 60 cleric. He attacks a goblin and roots in, then runs into another room past some other goblins and sits. When root breaks, the other goblins assist goblin #1 as it comes to belt on poor cleric, and none will flee until the last alive.

Tertiary Aggro Limitations
3. A mob can not assist a mob who is only aggro'd through tertiary means.

Little johnny wants to pull a single mob, through a pack of 10000000 other mobs on the same faction. He roots mob A, mob B assists mob A and runs after little johnny. Little johnny is now free to run around and no other mob will ever assist mob B, regardless of his actions unless it is from primary aggro means. This will extend until such time as a primary aggro is established on mob B, such as a spell, melee damage or someone casting on the first person. Mob B will flee on project 1999, but not on live/mac due to the assist ranges here being odd.

Viable Target Limitations
4. A mob will not assist other mobs, on a target it considers too low to be a viable threat. (note: Pets are innately on owners factions on p99, unlike live post velious I think it was when you could use this to split just about anything in the game that woulnt 1 round a pet).

Little johnny the 60 mage is non kos in chardok, & sends his fully buffed level 20 earth pet in against Overking Bathezid. Overking doesnt see the pet as a viable threat (nor does any of the mobs in his room) and as such attacks the pet solo. As long as threat is never transferred to a higher level (the pet dies, someone casts on mage etc) he will come solo. Little johnny keeps his pet alive with cleric/shaman buffs, and an elixir to do so, and uses his earth pet because it can cast from out of melee range before being backed off.

Faction is an entire different topic all together for another thread.

What is interesting on P1999 is the range limitations however. It seems the 'noflee' coding has a proximity limitation of about the frenzy range of the mob. On eqmac, and on live the limitation of distance was far greater. You could root pull (see #3) mobs through seb or HS and run it back a few hundred feet (to camp) and it would not flee. I always found this curious, being a cleric with a tendancy to do stupid and outlandish things without snare in my arsenal except a clinging darkness clicky.

Flee is based simply on what I would guess is a bit of code saying something like:
Flee If >20%hp AND no assist.
NoFlee if >20%hp AND assist.

Obviously im no coder, but the premise is simple.

Assist mechanics, factions, aggro ranges and assist limitations are absolute core fundamentals of the game. Go experiment.

Motec
09-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Also note, the mob levels are irrelevent. Only their faction, social status, and current aggro status. VP trash still behaves identical to goblins in misty thicket.

kaev
09-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Also note, the mob levels are irrelevent. Only their faction, social status, and current aggro status. VP trash still behaves identical to goblins in misty thicket.

Wrong. Non-XP green-cons will flee at low health, regardless of social agro and nearby allies (Goblins in SolA, for example.) So with two goblins agro'd, one green and one light-blue or blue, if you beat down the green first it will flee at low health, if you beat down the xp-giving mob first it will not flee at low health. This behavior has been very consistent during extended sessions pharming HQ Ore in Sol A over the past year.

baramur
09-18-2013, 05:26 AM
The con of the mob matters, and i will gladly demonstrate in game. If you pull a mob you can run it around all the green mobs you want and tbey will not assist, run it by a lb mob and it will assist. Also you can smack a green mob run into another green mob smack it, run across zone smack a third green mob and all will run at low health.

Motec
09-18-2013, 07:08 AM
fuck me its like ou have bricks in your head.

Do you have any understanding of the game you are playing?

Motec
09-18-2013, 07:09 AM
baramur, that is such an elementary and basic fact you state. What we are talking about is so far beyond that is isnt funny. Fuck me dead.

Motec
09-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Wrong. Non-XP green-cons will flee at low health, regardless of social agro and nearby allies (Goblins in SolA, for example.) So with two goblins agro'd, one green and one light-blue or blue, if you beat down the green first it will flee at low health, if you beat down the xp-giving mob first it will not flee at low health. This behavior has been very consistent during extended sessions pharming HQ Ore in Sol A over the past year.

You did not read a single fucking word about HOW they are aggrod did you?

Kayahni
09-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Fuck me dead.

Best line I've seen in a while lol :p

Vega
09-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Tertiary Aggro
2. If you pull 1 green mob and have another green mob assist it, neither will flee.

Little johnny is in sol a on his 60 cleric. He attacks a goblin and roots in, then runs into another room past some other goblins and sits. When root breaks, the other goblins assist goblin #1 as it comes to belt on poor cleric, and none will flee until the last alive.

Decided to test this, mainly because of your demeanor. I went to a lava storm and found a camp with 2 green con fire goblins standing close together. I rooted one, then sat at a distance so the other would add with assist aggro, then waited till the initial one broke root. I pulled them both away from the camp to avoid any other potential assist variables. I actually did this 2 times, once when damaging the initial aggro below 20%, the other time with damaging the assist aggro below 20%. Both times the almost dead one would flee while the other continued to attack.

Do you actually play on p99? Because the way you're talking to other people, you'd think you'd have tested this. Perhaps this is some sort of elaborate troll that I'm just not catching on to.

kaev
09-18-2013, 11:10 AM
You did not read a single fucking word about HOW they are aggrod did you?

Reading comprehension a problem for you? Which part of "regardless of social agro and nearby allies" is not understandable to you? Do you even play on this server?

Yinikren
09-18-2013, 03:55 PM
I knew I wasn't crazy for seeing the things I saw in Lguk. Thanks for the help against Motec's holy crusade, guys. <3 Holy shit dude, calm down.

Motec
09-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Decided to test this, mainly because of your demeanor. I went to a lava storm and found a camp with 2 green con fire goblins standing close together. I rooted one, then sat at a distance so the other would add with assist aggro, then waited till the initial one broke root. I pulled them both away from the camp to avoid any other potential assist variables. I actually did this 2 times, once when damaging the initial aggro below 20%, the other time with damaging the assist aggro below 20%. Both times the almost dead one would flee while the other continued to attack.

Do you actually play on p99? Because the way you're talking to other people, you'd think you'd have tested this. Perhaps this is some sort of elaborate troll that I'm just not catching on to.

Very interesting, as that's not how it works on live or Mac.
Secondly, I've experienced the opposite to you many many times in sol a power leveling with 30-50 mobs on me as a cleric and none run until the last.

So could we perhaps hypothesize that having a lower level (credible threat/in xp range) person on hate list causes the no flee?

Typical scenario is I would root a mob at high shaman, and at champion, and run to zone and sit when roots broke. Other person would hit everything once as well as buff me, I keep aggro on myself (and heal) with clicky VP heal staff in a corner, and let DS do the rest.

I would assume nothing has changed in the last 18months since I did this here.

On EQMac, it was the same as how I wrote - as I have recent memory and experience doing it.