PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Spite golems in Hate

baramur
09-15-2013, 12:19 PM
1) Spite golems do not gate.
2) Currently trying to gate at 22% plus hps.
3) When more then 1 mob is in camp, and not mezzed, Spites neither gate nor run.

nilbog
09-15-2013, 12:21 PM
1. So they don't gate, and should gate?

2. Should be a possibility of gating at 20%, but likely less.

3. Npcs won't flee while their allies are fighting.

Am I missing something here?

baramur
09-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Spites have never gated in hate, ever. They will either flee if only mob, which is why dispells were always important, or they will stand and fight until death if there is another ally in camp, which is why you always offtanked a 2nd mob. Not sure why they are gating now.

Nirgon
09-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah no gate on these would have made them almost impossible lol

nilbog
09-15-2013, 01:13 PM
They (spite golems) have had the possibility of gating since the server launched. With the recent code fixes of npcs being able to gate above the 5% hp threshold, it's probably just now apparent.

So.. need to know for sure they shouldn't gate. They are shamans, and that is why they are trying.

baramur
09-15-2013, 01:27 PM
I guess i have never seen them try to gate on live or here. They would always fight until death if multiple mobs in camp, or flee if single mob.

Vandy
09-15-2013, 04:48 PM
http://www.whodany.com/poh.html

Hare raid logs from 2001 and there is no mention of "Spite Golem beginning to cast gate."

I will find more logs from PoH raids to verify.

Vandy
09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
I have found several descriptions of a Spite Golem being completely immune to everything except Poison/Disease and running away at low health but cant seem to find any instance of gating.

[Quote]
second hate raid was awesome for a while until we tried to kill our first Spite Golem which drops the Shaman armor I so desire. Spite Golems have an amazing magic resistance that hardly allows any spells to stick. Poison and disease dot's seemed to work though, but they had tons of hitpoints. When it finally got down to very few hitpoints left, it started running off... we all tried to snare and root him but he kept running and resisting... so eventually we ran into some other mobs while we were chasing him down.. a Cleric of Innoruuk, a few ire ghasts, a couple revultant rats, and a nasty loathing lich. OMG.. it was terrifying.. so many of us died.. but this time our clerics camped. I died twice that night.. and again won nothing. I need to go to more of those raids.[\Quote]

Also from 2001
http://www.rozziland.com/2001_06_01_archive.html

nilbog
01-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Still willing to change this.. but unless specific evidence is found, logs from eqlive I guess. Get a solo spite golem, beat it down to < 10% or so, and incrementally kill it.

I can't remember them gating, but don't want to remove difficulty :T

Nirgon
01-23-2014, 04:21 PM
These things never gated in pohate on classic thru Velious

heartbrand
01-23-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't recall ANY mobs from classic gating. I didn't see gating mobs until Kunark. Anyone know otherwise?

Nirgon
01-23-2014, 04:27 PM
I'd say the mobs from classic not gating matches my memory exactly

nilbog
01-23-2014, 04:33 PM
If that turns out to be the case, I'm willing to start making the changes. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any either.