PDA

View Full Version : Earthshaker Riposting

captnamazing
09-12-2013, 05:09 PM
I recently got my hands on an Earthshaker. Tried using it for DPS, was pretty subpar. The proc is nice but doesn't happen frequently enough to make up for the lack of bonus STR damage. I was talking about the weapon in a KC group and someone started telling me about a trick using the Earthshaker that could enable a warrior to massacre a zone of mobs.

From what I understand, you run around a zone pulling aggro, equip Earthshaker, duel a chanter/shaman and have them slow you (thus increasing the % proc per swing). Once all the mobs are gathered into a massive swarm, you use the Riposte aura (level 56 WAR discipline) and go riposte hundreds of attacks for 12 seconds. The idea is that since you are riposting so quickly, with the inverse slow buff, you get enough procs to wipe out a shitload of your opponents before eating a death at the end of the aura.

After doing a bit of research it seems like this got nerfed on Live. Has anyone done it on P99? Is the Earthshaker still capable of doing this? That would make this otherwise somewhat lackluster weapon really be worth keeping stashed away until I get these next 5 levels..

Nevermind, just saw an older forum post about this same subject. Can't proc on riposte on P99.

pasi
09-13-2013, 12:05 AM
You couldn't weapon proc on a riposte on live either.

Furious was used for damage, but more importantly, to stay alive.

Versch
09-13-2013, 08:49 AM
You couldn't weapon proc on a riposte on live either.

Furious was used for damage, but more importantly, to stay alive.

Originally you could. What the OP is referring to was once called "shakerpaging" and it still happens on EQ Mac, as far as I know.

Raden
09-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Originally you could. What the OP is referring to was once called "shakerpaging" and it still happens on EQ Mac, as far as I know.

Don't you need AA's to do that?

Vayder
09-13-2013, 09:33 AM

No, you couldn't. Shakerpaging is done via the Rampage AA which grants you one swing at each NPC in your frontal arc. By having a puller and DA you can stack 150-200 mobs on top of one another and then have one or more (depending on npc hps) warriors/berserkers with Rampage pop the AA. Each person with an Earthshaker is slowed, increasing the percentage chance to proc per swing, and all of the AE procs kill the pack.

Versch
09-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Damnit...always forget about those damn luclin AAs.

pasi
09-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Monks could do a similar thing, but it had to be light blue mobs. You'd pull an entire zone of light blue or low blue cons and use Dathor Great Hammer plus whirlwind disc.

koros
09-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Even with 74 damage that seems like suicide vs mobs with 3k+ hp when you only get 1/6th of a minute of riposte time.

Kika Maslyaka
09-13-2013, 11:16 PM
No, you couldn't. Shakerpaging is done via the Rampage AA which grants you one swing at each NPC in your frontal arc. By having a puller and DA you can stack 150-200 mobs on top of one another and then have one or more (depending on npc hps) warriors/berserkers with Rampage pop the AA. Each person with an Earthshaker is slowed, increasing the percentage chance to proc per swing, and all of the AE procs kill the pack.

The funny thing is, when you hit rampage it gets a chance to proc of EACH mob, and each proc is aoe.
So if you pulled 150 mobs, and you have say 20% chance to proc, you effectively can get off 30+ procs at once. :D
can also potentially crash the zone ;)

Rhambuk
09-27-2013, 08:26 AM
The funny thing is, when you hit rampage it gets a chance to proc of EACH mob, and each proc is aoe.
So if you pulled 150 mobs, and you have say 20% chance to proc, you effectively can get off 30+ procs at once. :D
can also potentially crash the zone ;)

We had 3 wars on my live guild that would routinely solo Pofire zone in doing this.

Unfortunately we'll never see shakerpage here.

Treats
09-27-2013, 07:42 PM
We had 3 wars on my live guild that would routinely solo Pofire zone in doing this.

Unfortunately we'll never see shakerpage here.

When I played on Hidden Forest I think you could Shakerpage for awhile.

They ended up removing it though because either the zones or the server would crash all the time.

Rhambuk
09-28-2013, 09:23 AM
When I played on Hidden Forest I think you could Shakerpage for awhile.

They ended up removing it though because either the zones or the server would crash all the time.

Couldn't be worse than bards ae kiting an entire zone. I guess it could still be done just a lot less reliable without the rampage aa.