PDA

View Full Version : SZ ruleset -+5 LvL PvP?

Lu|z Sect
09-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Evil FFA
Newt
Good

Why are we making this more complicated than it has to be?

Syft
09-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Evil FFA
Newt
Good

Why are we making this more complicated than it has to be?

I like one team FFA but evil might make the team too large.

I might go with

Good
Newt FFA(can't make guilds can only join them, can group with either team)
Evil

Rec
09-10-2013, 09:49 AM
How about a level range but if you attack someone on a team you open yourself up to be attacked by anyone from that team. This way we still get the freedom of the sz ruleset to combat super geared twinks which are the real threat to any new player population, with the safety of a level range.

Rust1d?
09-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Evil - Can attack all
Neut - Can attack all
Good - Can attack all but good

+/- 5 levels for pvp

No item loot or just rings/earings

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Did people become retarded over night

Lu|z Sect
09-10-2013, 12:04 PM
What do you suggest Dr. EQ?

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Drink tons of cough medicine and train people's binds braw

Rust1d?
09-10-2013, 12:08 PM
So what you suggest is that teams within teams can attack each other? What is the point of teams if goods can just attack each other. We would be back to FFA again.

+/- 4-6 levels for pvp should work

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 12:12 PM
http://thebrokencouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Dr-Benton-Quest.jpg

Lu|z Sect
09-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Don't dodge Me doctor. Really want your opinion.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I think a classic SZ implementation would be fine minus everyone with any intention of raiding going evil.

Bind at Grobb/Neriak... pretty OP. The Overthere + hammer ... OP. Ogres, iksar monks, SKs etc.. OP.

If a few hardcore guilds went to team good? That might make things interesting.

You cannot possibly contemplate the SHIT STAIN that is cross teaming.

Imagine someone you can't attack following you and your buddies around telling the other team where you are. Stupid.

Rust1d?
09-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I think a classic SZ implementation would be fine minus everyone with any intention of raiding going evil.

Bind at Grobb/Neriak... pretty OP. The Overthere + hammer ... OP. Ogres, iksar monks, SKs etc.. OP.

Imagine someone you can't attack following you and your buddies around telling the other team where you are. Stupid.

True...Anybody who can bind at Neriak will have a huge advantage at raiding Naggy. Although same goes for Vox with good teams binding at Halas. Not sure what to do about some level one following you...how does that work in Red? Cannot kill, correct?

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 02:18 PM
No one binds at Halas for Vox :P

But leveling at solb/guk etc.. yeap

HippoNipple
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM

You don't think allowing the evil team to be FFA would help the balance? All else staying the same?

As mentioned above there are always opportunities for spies that are out of range, even with RZ. Cross teaming is tough to beat. It is actually better with teams when hard coded though, not allowing a healer on your team to heal another team. On red99 you can have level 50 clerics running around untouchable by max levels.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I can think of nothing more a guild like Ruin would have wanted more than making evil also being FFA. Think about it.

Teams will be fun for a while, probably moreso than red's launch.

Its the cross teaming end game bull shit I'm concerned about.

SamwiseRed
09-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I can think of nothing more a guild like Ruin would have wanted more than making evil also being FFA. Think about it.

Teams will be fun for a while, probably moreso than red's launch.

Its the cross teaming end game bull shit I'm concerned about.

u cant crossteam with sz ruleset dum dum unless you mean train your own team.

sick of people using the "crossteam" arguement, ya'll dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Vile
09-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Did people become retarded over night

been this way since before red launched :confused:

HippoNipple
09-10-2013, 03:20 PM
I also have a hard time understanding what the cross team argument is about. If it is hard coded you can't cast any beneficial spells on another team. The only thing you could do is harm your own team through training, which can be done on red99 right now with an out of range character.

If the big raid guild chooses evil, everyone on the server would be able to attack them. It would be no different from red99.

If they roll neutral, the second best raiding team, they don't have access to some of the best races. No other teams can help them with beneficial spells.

The only problem here is if there were more than 1 raiding guild for the neutral hard coded team, because it would then essentially be like a blue server. I don't think team99 server population will reach high enough to worry about this. Also, training should be allowed if it is SZ style which would still give players a way to fight their own team.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm not saying healing and buffing (presuming SZ).

Training your own team is its legal yes. But also say one of the good team guilds allied with an evil guild, gives assist targets, player locations etc. You're stuck being unable to attack them while evil keeps you at bay and the good chars you can't attack hold a camp.

General truces between alignments to fuck over otherwise legit team v team play is what I'm selling.

I can't say what will happen in the long run, but to say you won't run into extremely aggravating and game changing situations like these would in fact make you a dumb dumb.

Launch and a few months out would def be fun until shit like the above starts up.

Then there's the whole PvP resolves camp disputed but what about same team disputes. Sounds like all the CSR problems on blue coupled with those on red.

It will definitely have to be a true no rules box I think.

Lu|z Sect
09-10-2013, 03:44 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a8f5af86a33a351674d94d6c66f3c740/tumblr_mf2yvjW1DV1qlzhayo1_500.gif

heals4reals
09-10-2013, 03:53 PM
U have my pumice

Rust1d?
09-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Evil will have the best bind spots for Lguk and Solosek. Goods will probably level in OOT and Perma.

Not sure what can be done about same team disputes. Aside from KS and training, which means this server would have to have no rules. If everybody is KOS against each other it may as well just be FFA. So the best solution is to have no rules. Then it will just be nothing but a train fest server, Like Fansy the bard.

heals4reals
09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Team good claiming swamp and lavastorm because this is MURICA and we preventing evil on evil civil wars

jcmtg
09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
It will definitely have to be a true no rules box I think.

i'd prefer this.

Absynthe2k5
09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Fansy was a nobody who did jack and squat on SZ. Lauranthalasa did far more damage then fansy ever thought of and yet no one even talks about her.

Absynthe2k5
09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Red pvp server could work but with the way it is and the way the new one is proposed to be it will end up the same. Either say fuck it and close it or try and do the right thing. Not every answer is the right answer but there is no reason why you can't try out different things to make it work better. No ill will or offense intended toward the folks running the show but if you really want a pvp server to work try some different ideas out and see how they work. You have made it clear you want classic and that is awesome for blue but strict classic rules isn't going to work for a low pop red emu server. Shake it up a bit and create something Sony couldn't...

Enforce a raid rotation for end game content, this allows separate guilds and teams the chance to prosper and be on the same gear lvl as their enemies. Does it take away from the game, yes for the hardcore player but no for the new/possible bluebie recruits.Does it add to pvp well of course because you now have tons more folks able to compete.

Speed up lvl till 35 or 40. We all know you can't really start gearing your toon till then and you end up twink food and without population or friends you end up grinding mindlessly away for hours at low lvls for no reason. Sure the accomplishment makes it worth while but at this stage I would like to think we all have done it one too many fucking time already... Am I saying this to be lazy, no I have a bard I started here and will be in the 30's the next day I can commit to playing. But were I an ogre non tapping non healing class ...um ya right gluck with that. BTW any of the high end toons plvl their alts to 35 in less then an hour so why force noobs to pull their hair out when you can get them sucked in and mid lvl ready in one day. They still have to go through the toughest lvls at our current xp rate and they still have to contend with better geared folks.

Allow some skin usage that blue can't get. I dunno rewards for pvp or actually doing good things for the community. (titles, velious/luclin item models for rewards Same stats as the classic version just prettier) Is it classic? No Is it game changing? No Will it draw people? Yes. Is it enough for blewbs to come here? Yes

Take on another GM or 2 guides for day/TZ coverage Sirken/Zade aren't around for. A few /ooc chat smack downs and some griefer teabagging or train bannings and poof fun place to play.

Point is if you only allow the negative to show without injecting some positive any server will die out. You can't even read the forum posts without trolls hitting every topic and bringing retarded arguments to places they don't need to be (yes I've fallen for a few and replied)

Throw in a monkey wrench, open mines of gloomingdeep and make it FFA pvp 1 life, make it to lvl 10 and leave the mines with some retarded title that makes folks laugh I dunno just a thought for funsies.

Again, I don't know the amount of work needed to make things happen but I would be more then happy to learn...

Lu|z Sect
09-10-2013, 10:21 PM
http://vjarmy.com/junkbin/gtfo.gif

Syft
09-10-2013, 10:46 PM
I think there should be 3 teams but don't split them up as Good, Evil, Newt.

Just make 3 teams and let people choose which team they want. Fuck call um Red, blue and Green anything doesn't matter. But just let players choose a team which is hardcoded.

This would let anyone of red transfer any class to any team and wouldn't split the world up with advantages for certain classes or restrict teams to certain race/class combo's. Make one team FFA.

Simple problem solved.

porigromus
09-11-2013, 10:12 AM
I think there should be 3 teams but don't split them up as Good, Evil, Newt.

Just make 3 teams and let people choose which team they want. Fuck call um Red, blue and Green anything doesn't matter. But just let players choose a team which is hardcoded.

This would let anyone of red transfer any class to any team and wouldn't split the world up with advantages for certain classes or restrict teams to certain race/class combo's. Make one team FFA.

Simple problem solved.

Wouldn't one major guild (not naming names) just form up and everyone who wants to play would just join that side? It would be worse than now, hard coded one guild.

Rust1d?
09-11-2013, 11:34 AM
So if it is not going to be "classic" then what we will have is K&B all over again. Problem is, nobody liked the idea of the nexus, being able to port to different places to make access to pvp easy.

Absynthe2k5
09-11-2013, 09:39 PM

If there is pvp you get all that stuff just mentioned no matter how you split teams or guilds. Try again...