PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: Pommel molds, no longer exist?

smooman
09-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

Recently I've undertaken smithing, and I wanted to make myself some silvered weapons.

easy right?

WRONG :(

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=1789

I've been to halas, Freeport, and rivervale. All of the vendors that should sell this item (and sell all the other items you'd expect to see with it, blade molds, hilt molds, etc) do not have this item in their listing.

(By the way, nevermind that

East Freeport

Ennenmol Tienyius @ -1020, -1036, 6, in a nook

Doesn't exist... which is pretty frustrating :( )

Heading to the karanas now to check on this, but it's very likely not to be there either.

Can we get some administrator love on this please? Thank you :)

TWDL_Prexus
09-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Quick google search is showing that pommel mold wasn't around till sometime in 2003, could be a Luclin addition but I haven't found anything from before that.

Thulack
09-04-2013, 06:42 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Pommel_Mold

I have found that some random items are missing off merchants and when i do i link the wiki and alla's that shows they sell them and they are taken care of. Halas isnt listed on eqtraders or p99 wiki as having the mold so not sure why you would have checked there. Personally i wouldnt use EQ traders for tradeskilling on here since freeport was completely revamped along with other city zones so the locs they give you will be of no use here.

smooman
09-04-2013, 07:03 PM
the project 1999 wiki is... interesting at best.

for example

West Freeport Olyna Midel is actually a poison or potion vendor, and has nothing to do with smithing.

What I'm trying to get at is that vendors that should have the item... like

Rivervale Bipdo Hargin

do not. Log in for yourself and check. I'm almost to spinner in the karanas, and I'll bet he doesn't have it either.

also, as far as EQtraders goes, you'd be surprised how accurate the recipies can be, the vendor locations too.

This is a multi zone multi vendor bug we're talking about here the item is just gone.

Thulack
09-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm just telling you. Freeport was massively revamped and completely changed on live so NONE of the freeport locs will work for you if you try using eqtraders just saying. and yes i have come accross 2 vendors in RV that were missing items and i made a bug post listening the vendor name in the subject and listed what they were missing along with links to wiki and alla's proving point. It gets much better results then what you did.

Thulack
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Both the BB merchant and North Kaladim merchants have the pommel mold as listed on the wiki. checking gfay one now. if you actually click on the merchants that is shows that have most have the inventory listed. a few merchants listed there dont have mold listed as item so not sure why they are linked there but both the merchants i mentioned show the mold on wiki and ingame

Edit: Gfay merchant has aswell. So your next step is to check alla's on wayback machine for merchants that dont have and should and make a new post saying who they are that are missing it and link the proof so the next person who tried to do this doesnt nerdrage like you.

smooman
09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
nerdrage?... okay.

but seriously I've been through the karanas and out through from highhold to misty to freeport checking everything, including qeynos and erudin. not a pommel to be found.

Buellen
09-06-2013, 02:46 AM
Heya

The only place I know of to get pommel molds is in West Karana. when you zone in from north karana following the road you will come to buildings with one merchant seling molds , this merchant has pommel or did before last patch. I have not been their to check them recently.

Garue 49th Level Half Elf Warrior Follower of Karana