PDA

View Full Version : Aggro kiting?

Ropethunder
07-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Am I remembering correctly that on live you used to be able to aggro kite with your pet hitting the mob without the use of a snare? Or was a snare always required?

I can't remember.

Hive
07-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Technically snare is not required, pet taunt off + high agro spell. You will need sow and for the most part the pet will only be able to hit the mob during a turn due to the increased mob speed here. If you have snare use it imo.

Swishahouse
07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
I full speed agro kite all the time its important to SoW your pet when doing this. Although there are ways to make your pet snare *grin*

Vexden
07-16-2010, 08:22 AM
On live you didn't have to sow your pet for it to hit the mobs, but since they made the mobs run faster than normal this will not work. SOW'ing is required on the pet.

(Tested this on live just a few days ago)

Yoite
07-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Ya, due to increased mob run speed here you will need to sow your pet or make sharp turns which also risk you getting hit by the mob.

doing the sharp turn deal isnt worth it really unless your snare has worn off and you want that mob dead and dont wanna have to start over. Id suggest snaring the mob or getting your pet a sow.

Extunarian
07-16-2010, 11:16 AM
I full speed agro kite all the time its important to SoW your pet when doing this. Although there are ways to make your pet snare *grin*

Can I ask how you go about doing that? Is there some cheap weapon out there that procs a snare effect?

Merrik
07-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Cheap, not so much, but there is a dagger that will proc a darkness (the one from guk) not sure if they're lore or not, but I guess if you really wanted to do it the daggers could be farmed.

Used to agro kite in Plane of Nightmare on live with my ranger. Would be in a group that didn't have a healer or something, so until we found one I would just kite the mob and occasionally cast Flame Lick, never lost agro. T

guineapig
07-16-2010, 11:31 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=709

It's not lore and not worth much.

Merrik
07-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I always forget that there is a really shitty version of that dagger that was classic and not the 10/25 or whatever upgrade that later came to be.