PDA

View Full Version : Solo / Duo as an enchanter for 50+

Winol
09-03-2013, 05:03 AM
Hey there.

I am currently lvl 53 and I enjoy soloing.

I never soloed when was playing on live so would like to have some advices regarding locations/mob etc etc.
Did you guys used soloing at 53+ ?

Some insights would be awesome !

Thanks

Tecmos Deception
09-03-2013, 08:46 AM
I was on the upper level of CoM at 53. You could stay there after that, but once I had c2 at 54, I headed over to howling stones entrance and north. North can be a pretty tricky place to XP though.

Oh, I think I might have mixed in some solo in the back of LCY in KC around that level too. I never saw a tstaff or a band of eternal flame, but it was pretty fun fighting back in there.

Winol
09-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I am actually in KC but the place is already super camped .... I have soloed a bit at entrance and LCY but Mana regen sux at 53 .... :)

CoM can be a bit tricky I guess no ?? the goo has lot of HP ....

What about HS ? I dont know that place that much but will give it a try .... Which mob do you recommend to charm ? :)

Thanks a lot

Spacebar
09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
You could also try The Hole entrance. I'm 56 and I sometimes mess around there and most of the entrance mobs are LB to me. There are 8 static spawns up front with one roamer that goes down the center.

The benefit is that most of the spawns there aren't casters and the warriors drop Loam Encrusted pieces which you can either sell or are pretty good for chanters. Also, as a chanter you don't need a key since you can just gnome through the crack in the rock to get into the zone.

The problem is that almost nobody is ever there and if you want to duo you might need to have a friend come along. Also, if somebody else is camping the entrance there aren't many close places to go. A third problem is that sometimes some named/resisty mobs do spawn up front and that can put a damper in your xping if you can't take them down.

But yeah, I'd like to hear more about HS too, I've been keyed there for WAY too long to have never actually been there, haha.

Tecmos Deception
09-03-2013, 10:39 AM
CoM isn't bad if you know where to stand and where mobs will run to try to get to you. There's no safe spots on the upper walkways as far as I know, unless you lev out onto the goo house or from there onto the building above temple. If you hang out up there at all though, be careful you don't aggro stuff because they'll run around the long way to get to you and aggro a HUGE train (including at least one black reaver). The highest level stuff in there is 45.

KC on the main level is mostly all right around 45. It can be harder than CoM because there are casters (shamans are the worst!) and countless trains from other players. It often is heavily camped, but if you know your way around you shouldn't have any trouble finding stuff that is up to fight.

HS is much trickier than CoM or KC. The lowest level stuff in the whole zone is like 43-45, and even right at the entrance you can easily aggro a level 53ish mob called "the east pather." Plus skeleton NPCs often can harmtouch, and there are wizard and necro NPCs mixed in too.

I did CoM -> KC/CoM -> HS because that is the level progression of mobs. I didn't try HS until 54 because the extra level gave me fewer resists and extra mana regen.

Tecmos Deception
09-03-2013, 10:55 AM
I love HS! Great xp, great loot, lots of fun (especially for a chanter). I've spent a TON of time in there since the beginning of the year, so here's what I can think of to say about it on the fly:

The "door" into HS is a glowing orb thing in the bottom of the canyon in overthere, and the area near it is guarded by level 30-35ish shadowknight scorpionmen dudes who are on the same faction as the outpost (venril sathir).

When you zone into HS, you're standing in the middle of a square platform with stairs head up in each of the cardinal directions. The edge of the platform drops down into the "basement." There are two NPCs that wander around on the platform you zone in on who can aggro immediately depending on your timing of zoning in (luck). They can be undead (and that means they will harmtouch for about 400-450, but also that you can mana drain them with theft of thought... something which makes the whole zone awesome for enchanters) or alive (sperm dudes like you see in dalnir and kaesora and skyfire, which means they drop the key you need to zone into north). This can make it hard to zone in safely since you never really know if you need IVU or invis or both to avoid aggroing on zonein.

At the top of each of the 4 stairways is a locked door leading to one of the 4 wings of the dungeon. North, west, south, east is the difficulty order. Two golem mobs guard each door, and they are about level 43-45. The east stairway is a trap, you will fall through the stairs. The east door also in unlocked, and there is a pathing NPC that goes into and out of east and stands at the edge of the steps. He WILL aggro you if you are standing too close and he WILL aggro if he sees you fighting stuff or is too close to a pet... and you'll die :)

The entrance to HS is quite an easy spot though, especially for a chanter since you can aggro 5 sets of 2 mobs at a time which are all close to the same level... perfect for charm killing. Just gotta watch out for the east pather. Respawn times (in the whole zone) are ~21 minutes.

The basement is more difficult than the entryway. There's no east pather to worry about, but mobs path all over the place instead of standing still and there are wizard skeletons (oblations I think) in addition to an assortment of live and undead mobs. The tunnels in the basement can be useful because if you die in a wing and you're locked out from doing a CR, you can often /corpse from down in the tunnels to drag yourself out of the wing above. The tunnels are also where you fall into if you hit a pit trap in any of the wings (or the east steps). There's a teleporter pad in the middle of the basement that puts you back up at the zonein point.

North is significantly harder than the basement. Same level mobs as entry/basement, but you get pulls of 1-6 (or even more potentially) mobs at a time unless you're splitting or lulling or something. Wizards, LOTS of harmtouches. But there are nameds in north, including the dude who rarely drops an adamantite club! That's the best loot in the wing, but there are some other 1k or so drops too. There is a key on the ground in one of the named rooms that lets you into the "boss" room for north where The Crypt Keeper drops a key for west. There's a portal in the back of north that takes you to zonein.

West is fairly harder than north. Levels go up a bit, pull difficulty is about the same, same types of NPCs more or less. The nameds are the same as west basically except for the "boss" named who drops the key to south (and rapier of oriin and mask of obtenebration). The keys are like in north; there's one in a named room to get into the boss room and one off the boss. The portal in the boss room takes you to zonein.

South is much harder than west. Stuff is level 49-54 with necromancers instead of wizards. The loot in south is amazing, but it's not a place for the timid. I die in there frequently and I'm getting asked to drag out people for rezzes regularly, even when it was a whole group in there. Keys are a bit different in south; there is one key that is on the ground in a room that lets you open a locked door that leads through some long tunnels over to the room behind the east door. The portal just behind this door takes you out into overthere, at the entrance of the tomb that leads down to HS orb.

East is ridiculously hard. Mobs are even higher level on average than in south, and nameds can be level 55-56. The mobs tend to be a very good mix of undead and living, which makes traveling through the wing very hard solo but not bad with double invis (compared to south where people USUALLY leave undead up but kill living mobs so that you can travel around with just IVU). The door into east from entryway actually isn't locked. There is a locked door that there is no key for behind drusella sathir, and at the way back behind that there is an orb out to OT. Loot in east is not as good overall as south because only the rare drops sell for anything, and DS is a 24 hour timer.

Watch out for pit traps! Carpet on the floor inside the wings usually indicates a fake floor that will drop you down into the basement.

Tecmos Deception
09-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I actually resisted going into HS at first. The "stuff harmtouches!" and "you can't get out of the zone unless you gate" and stuff like that made me think it wouldn't be as good as a more normal zone like KC. But the entryway really is a great place to easily xp, and the basement/north aren't as easy but they are still really nice... especially once you learn your way around.

Entry and basement are often camped, however, although not as often as any random camp in KC is taken.