PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Skins not working properly

Syft
09-02-2013, 12:42 AM
This is how skins should work

"Hitting a Runed target is considered a "miss" until the rune is gone.
This is why melee procs will not go off until the rune is gone.
You do not suffer melee knockback while runed (spells can still push you around and stun you, however).
You also filter the Rune-absorbtion messages in your chat windows by setting "You being Missed"."

They do not

Here's a link of player's describing exactly how Rune and Skin's worked, I just remember from pvping all day that melees had to strip my skin to interrupt me with pushback, although stuns like bash and spell pushback still landed through skin.

http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=640

Alecta
09-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I would have to dig through things code, but I am fairly sure you can proc on misses. (And that is by design, as far as I know.)

"Hitting a Runed target is considered a "miss" until the rune is gone.
although stuns like bash ... still landed through skin

Bash is a melee attack that can miss...

So the only real change that you are requesting is that you are currently getting melee pushback while runed and you shouldn't be?

nabsev
09-02-2013, 03:18 PM
You can definately proc on miss; ie warrior/rogue pops avoidance disc but can still be proced on from a miss

Syft
09-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I would have to dig through things code, but I am fairly sure you can proc on misses. (And that is by design, as far as I know.)

Bash is a melee attack that can miss...

So the only real change that you are requesting is that you are currently getting melee pushback while runed and you shouldn't be?

Yea I don't really care about the procing issue so much but never on live you could not get melee pushback until your skin was off. I don't remember how procing worked on live, nor would I have any aversion to being proc'd on with skin up.

But I'm 100% certain I didn't get melee pushback while skinned. It's obvious everytime I fight an epic mage pet which seems to have even nastier pushback then most melee's, getting off a yonder at 1.0 is almost impossible, on live I never had this problem.

heartbrand
09-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Proc on swing not hit

freez
09-26-2013, 04:18 PM
another thing

lifetapping a runed target should not return health if the rune eats the whole tap.

atm u can be tapped for heals on a runed target.

Alecta
09-26-2013, 05:45 PM
atm u can be tapped for heals on a runed target.

Looked at this not too long ago and that didnt seem to be happening. When was the last time you saw that happen?

Colgate
09-26-2013, 06:43 PM
as far as i know, melee does not currently push someone runed

i don't think bash/slam/kick interrupt either, but i don't play a class with access to that so not sure

Nirgon
09-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Doesn't account for breaking a rune with half of a casted drain and getting healed for half of that

Alecta
09-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Looked at this not too long ago and that didnt seem to be happening. When was the last time you saw that happen?

I stand corrected.

[Thu Sep 26 18:05:44 2013] Alecta is surrounded by a shimmer of runes.
[Thu Sep 26 18:05:49 2013] You begin casting Touch of Night.
[Thu Sep 26 18:05:55 2013] You have been healed for 482 points of damage.
[Thu Sep 26 18:05:55 2013] Kronar beams a smile at Alecta
[Thu Sep 26 18:05:55 2013] Kronar says 'Ahhh, I feel much better now...'
[Thu Sep 26 18:05:55 2013] Alecta was hit by non-melee for 482 points of damage.
[Thu Sep 26 18:05:55 2013] Alecta staggers.

So yeah, it should heal you for the rune-mitigated damage, not the original damage.

Edit: How is this working in pve at the moment on p99? If you tap runed mob, does it heal you for full? If a mob taps a runed person, does it heal the mob?

freez
09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
atm if anything has a rune and you tap it, you will be healed for full dmg regardless.

say if you had 300 pt rune and get hit w a 500 pt lifetap, u should only be getting healed for the 200 that was done after you broke the rune.

freez
09-29-2013, 07:30 PM
as far as i know, melee does not currently push someone runed

i don't think bash/slam/kick interrupt either, but i don't play a class with access to that so not sure

atm with rune i take no push, even with kick or bask slam etc. it still stuns you.