PDA

View Full Version : Where to quad kite?

Medowin
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM
I just turned level 34 on my druid and I'm having a hell of a time finding a good place to try quad kiting. I heard someone suggest the birdmen in SK but virtually all of them are green and offer no xp.

What are some suggestions for quad kiting locations at this level? Also, is it even possible without twink gear? My Wisdom is only about 150 and have no Lumi staff.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

SamwiseRed
09-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Kaesora

Laugher
09-01-2013, 10:28 AM
dl tundra yetis (if not now then in a couple lvls)

Lyra
09-01-2013, 10:33 AM
My Wisdom is only about 150 and have no Lumi staff.

You can't click the Lumi staff at 34 anyway (clickable at 46). I highly recommend charming, rather than quad. You don't need as much mana, once you get the hang of it. Practice in LoIo near the windmill first.

This is a screen shot of the instructions I received from a guild mate: http://prenerftwinkies.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=22

I moved to Overthere at 30 (and stayed till 50). When you start in Overthere, only charm the smallest size blue rhino. Tigers in Overthere are resistant to charm at 30 and hit very hard. As you level, increase the size of the rhino you charm, then eventually moving to female tigers, and lastly male tigers. Forget about Beguile Plants. The cactus are still ridiculously resistant to it at 50.

Estu
09-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Charming is definitely a better idea than quadding, but if you really want to quad, Firiona Vie has a great spot if you exit the town and follow the cliff on your right.

citizen1080
09-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Dwarves on the docks are great for quadding..and good zem there as its a noobie zone for the dorfs.

Juevento
09-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Also quadding by the shore in BB is a good choice as well. Can ride that from 34 to 46.

Briscoe
09-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Dwarves on the docks are great for quadding..and good zem there as its a noobie zone for the dorfs.

Great suggestion, but he won't be able to handle them until the low 40s; in the meantime I highly recommend North Karana guards. At 34 with 150 wisdom, you'll almost certainly need clarity to quad anything, which is part of the appeal of NK guards; you can bind in EC for easy clarity acquisition and then port back to NK to kill.

Medowin
09-01-2013, 06:26 PM
You can't click the Lumi staff at 34 anyway (clickable at 46). I highly recommend charming, rather than quad. You don't need as much mana, once you get the hang of it. Practice in LoIo near the windmill first.

This is a screen shot of the instructions I received from a guild mate: http://prenerftwinkies.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=22

I moved to Overthere at 30 (and stayed till 50). When you start in Overthere, only charm the smallest size blue rhino. Tigers in Overthere are resistant to charm at 30 and hit very hard. As you level, increase the size of the rhino you charm, then eventually moving to female tigers, and lastly male tigers. Forget about Beguile Plants. The cactus are still ridiculously resistant to it at 50.

Charming doesn't seem to be too great anymore. The charms keep breaking even on blue enemies. I'm not sure if there was some sort of nerf to how charm works but it's an absolute nightmare now on anything above light blues. Trying to charm in Overthere was a nightmare.

Aandolaf
09-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Could try spectres in oot/oasis/feerrott, They have low HP for their level

Ahldagor
09-01-2013, 07:12 PM
oot spectres are nice and usually open. port out to sell and bank then gate back to the island.

Estu
09-01-2013, 11:54 PM
34 is rather low for specs, IIRC.

Lojik
09-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Would second Estu's suggestion of FV. Pirates are good and have fewer HP.

Vexenu
09-02-2013, 01:11 AM
NK guards. Two from the bridge then run and grab the two at the tower. Good til 40. Only downside is that it's so retardedly easy and risk free you will get bored fast.