PDA

View Full Version : Incandescent Mask quest

Growlers
08-27-2013, 06:20 PM
I have all the pieces for the incandescent mask on my chanter. I am wondering how to do the turn in with Sultin now because he just resists benevolence and kills me. Do I have to grind faction now too? Apretiate any help.

Growlers
08-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Bueler?

Pringles
08-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Benevolence is broken atm

Vermicelli
08-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Yup, sorry to say =( Until it is patched, you can either grind faction, or grind xp. I have been testing the spell recently, and greens and light blues have never resisted the Alliance line in my testing. No creature, no matter their level in relation to yours, should ever resist these spells, but here we are. Dark blue /cons resist my Collaboration often. Like, 9 casts to 10 resists on the Dark elf dragoons at the Neriak entrance, and not even basic resists. Critical resists where the dragoons attack me. Eh, I still hope for a fix. Don't stop believin'!!

I have read that handing the tomb flower in to Ssynthi in Mistmoore makes for quick Temple faction.

Growlers
08-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Bummer, thanks for the tip on the Temple faction Verm :)

astrohax
09-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Is the resist chance perhaps effected by charisma?

vinnidel
09-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Growl, I recommend casting Benevolence on mobs near entrance at ZL and be ready to book it if you get a resist (or find a green/lb mob in Temp, if one even exists on same faction)

Growlers
09-03-2013, 03:08 AM
I don't understand how that would help. The only mob I need faction with is Sultin.
I can get into Sol fine, just can't do the turn in.

-Catherin-
09-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't understand how that would help. The only mob I need faction with is Sultin.
I can get into Sol fine, just can't do the turn in.

Everything in there is on Temple of Solusek Ro Faction, boosting the faction of one mob with a faction spell boosts the faction with everything in the zone that is on that same faction.

So use it on one of the lower level NPCs at the ZI until it lands successfully

Malone88
09-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Everything in there is on Temple of Solusek Ro Faction, boosting the faction of one mob with a faction spell boosts the faction with everything in the zone that is on that same faction.

This is a great tip! Then, make sure to con Sultin and that he gives you the right quest prompt before handing your items in or you will lose them! I think you have to say something like:

'I am interested in the gloves'

If he doesn't respond to this, i'd be careful.

Spoken from experience...:(

Growlers
09-03-2013, 08:35 PM

No shit...? I did not know that. Thanks guys.

Growlers
09-10-2013, 12:37 AM
I just got around to trying this. IT WORKED GREAT! Even though the npc's at ent are still red. Thanks guys I now have my mask.

Malone88
09-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Congrats Growlers on your mask!

Thanks for the update!

Raavak
09-10-2013, 02:45 PM
I have read that handing the tomb flower in to Ssynthi in Mistmoore makes for quick Temple faction.I did this last weekend to do the mask, gloves, and rod quest. Its damn easy... just monotonous.