PDA

View Full Version : need help finding gear

Tsenor
08-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I rerolled my enchanter and joined a new guild that doesn't PL twink or buy from EC. Can anyone tell me some quests or mobs I can use for upper teens so I can work on some gear? Been looking through google but I'm not getting anything

Lurgort/Sseri
08-26-2013, 12:51 AM
I rerolled my enchanter and joined a new guild that doesn't PL twink or buy from EC. Can anyone tell me some quests or mobs I can use for upper teens so I can work on some gear? Been looking through google but I'm not getting anything

Best thing is just figuring out when you can handle, and find out what named NPCs drop any given slot you're after. For example, level 40, Najena, Hollowed Bone Bracers, Flowing Black Robe.

Tsenor
08-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Been trying to look up items and quests. I've probably put every keyword I can try in search engines lol. Found a couple things but mostly higher lvl gear (I can't even count how many times staff of serpant had popped up)

billw134
08-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Your best bet is to google project 1999 wiki.

It is down right now, but it has all that info. You can look up gearing your class, or search by zone and see what drops are in it.

I heard the site was to be back up by the end of the weekend, but I just checked and it was still down.

Tsenor
08-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Yeah I've been trying to watch for it coming back up. I did a who all ench 60 and asked whoever was on for some advice and locations. In a couple lvls I'm gonna get a couple folks together and go after some incandescent armor.should be fun.

Estu
08-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Stein of Moggok. Great item, quest is doable at level 4 or 8.

Tsenor
08-26-2013, 10:25 AM

I've got two of the pieces so far. Camped in misty thicket for bixes right now and I'm just going to kill the dog in karana and take the halas faction hit.

Estu
08-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Another tip - there's a bunch of good stuff in Unrest. You're a little low to take on the relevant monsters in your teens, but if you group there in your 20s, you can get this stuff.

Reanimated hands drop ivory bracelet (+20 mana). Undead barkeep drops opalline earring (+5 charisma). Reclusive ghoul magus drops savant's cap (+3 INT, +3 WIS) and dusty bloodstained gloves (+25 mana).

Tsenor
08-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Ok cool. I'm def going when I get to 20. My brother lvled his monk in unrest until mid 30s so that should be plenty of time. I appreciate all the help. If you think of anything else please post or pm me

mgellan
08-26-2013, 02:11 PM

Actually level 12 is the minimum since you need to Illusion: Dark Elf to do the turnin in Ogguk... Bind is pretty useful as well.

Regards,
Mg

Tsenor
08-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm 16 so when I go grab the compendium ill grab the illusion

mgellan
08-26-2013, 02:16 PM
I've got two of the pieces so far. Camped in misty thicket for bixes right now and I'm just going to kill the dog in karana and take the halas faction hit.

I wouldn't bother doing the dog, apparently it may or may not work. Create a level 1 SK in Qeynos and log him in to kill the fishes, generally Harm Touch and melee will take care of the fish no problem. Camp the SK and log on your main to loot the fish, viola, no faction hit on your main. if you plan on doing it a few times (Steins are nice money makers) then make sure you bind the SK within the pool area away from NPCs so when he's KOS to the guards after a few fish kills you can get to the fish. Occasionally you'll get a fish thats the god in disguise who'll kill you so the bind will make life easier.

If you have pp you can generally buy honeycombs from newbs in Rivervale rather than farming them. If you do farm them, the bixies in Kithicor are way more productive than those in Misty Thicket.

I've done this about 30 times on my level 13 chanter so this is what works for me.

Regards,
Mg

Wrench
08-26-2013, 02:26 PM
just wanted to say im proud of you OP

goin from RMT to ban, and then startin over and truely tryin to kick it old school

good on you

Malone88
08-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Just level up...the plat will come. You can farm camps like the LFay Sisters
for good plat in your teens.

Here's a good thread which lists cheap gear:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117767

Good luck!

Tsenor
08-27-2013, 07:55 AM
MG - yeah I killed two fish on my enchanter just to see if I could get it before I was kos lol.

Wrench - thanks. The guild is recruiting more people to try to play like that. We're up to about 10 people right now and we're getting a recruitment message together for the forums

Malone88 - I can't buy the equipment. Everything must be earned.

mcappy
08-27-2013, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't bother doing the dog, apparently it may or may not work. Create a level 1 SK in Qeynos and log him in to kill the fishes, generally Harm Touch and melee will take care of the fish no problem. Camp the SK and log on your main to loot the fish, viola, no faction hit on your main. if you plan on doing it a few times (Steins are nice money makers) then make sure you bind the SK within the pool area away from NPCs so when he's KOS to the guards after a few fish kills you can get to the fish. Occasionally you'll get a fish thats the god in disguise who'll kill you so the bind will make life easier.

If you have pp you can generally buy honeycombs from newbs in Rivervale rather than farming them. If you do farm them, the bixies in Kithicor are way more productive than those in Misty Thicket.

I've done this about 30 times on my level 13 chanter so this is what works for me.

Regards,
Mg

This is much easier than killing the dog. He's got a fairly long respawn timer and it doesn't drop every time.

It took me a total of about 10 minutes on a level 1 paladin with a Short Sword* to get a fish corpse from the UFO pond - I just camped my enchanter nearby and logged in to loot it.

pharmakos
08-27-2013, 12:51 PM
is Alliance still bugged? i heard the Stein quest was semi-broken because low level enchs would get critical Alliance resists that cause Clurg to kill them.

Tsenor
08-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Ill check it on something before I go for turn in and let you know

pharmakos
08-27-2013, 06:06 PM
i think the issue may have been because Clurg is a deep red con btw

the thread about it probably isn't too deep in the Bugs forum

Tsenor
08-28-2013, 07:52 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115010&page=2

As of august 22 its still bugged. Someone said they got a cha buff and it worked so ill see if I can find a shaman or enchanter before I go to oggok