PDA

View Full Version : Should have made a DE

billw134
08-25-2013, 03:45 PM
I wanted a dark elf, so I rolled a wizard. Then I realized I would rather play my necro or enchanter than a wizzie. Started charming on the enchanter, breaking with invis bc I'm a HIE, and now I have convinced myself my enc should be a DE for racial hide charm break.

Rerollin ain't no thang, but do you good people think the hide charm break is a deciding factor over casting invis to break charm? Not going to have a goblin gazughi for a while.

As to play what you like for a race, I like both HIE and DE. Higher lvl input if you will.

Thanks all, except YOU! I hate you. Xoxo

Dokt Orjones

Masakizt
08-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Roll gnome = win

Racial hide doesn't break charm every time and is an unreliable way to break it.

Potus
08-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Why don't you just get a Goblin Gazughi Ring?

Chromos
08-25-2013, 04:57 PM
get the ring just go to LOIO at around 20 and camp it while you get great xp. It might take you 10 levels to get it but its well worth the ring. The DE racial is not worth it just pick a race you like and make sure your agnostic itll make your life easier when illusioning. The DE racial does not always work and you need something reliable such as the ring to break charm at like <5% health on mobs makes life amazing.

Stinkum
08-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Racial hide doesn't break charm every time and is an unreliable way to break it.

fullmetalcoxman
08-25-2013, 07:46 PM
I have a DE chanter and hide is a pain in the butt if you're trying to use it to break charm. The skill is capped at 50 so it fails a lot. Sometimes it works on the first try, sometimes it takes three or four attempts. It is useful for going afk, since you don't have to worry about invis breaking.

Ichven
08-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Use Spell: Taper Enchantment. Costs 5 mana to cast.

falkun
08-26-2013, 07:22 AM
1) Racial hide is unreliable at best. I've had 5+ hide fails when trying to break a charm before. When it works the first time its nice, but don't rely on it.
This removes debuffs in the order they were applied, correct? So if I tash and then charm, I have to cast it twice. I normally get messages stating tash wore off (not classic), but I do not get a message when I taper enchantment and charm remains (therefore either it didn't work or you do not receive a "worn off" message when you dispell the buff). My question being, just cast taper twice or am I doing something incorrect?

kaos057
08-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Yea racial hide blows.

Malone88
08-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Problem solved until you can get the Gobbie Ring...

Alendria
08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
1) Racial hide is unreliable at best. I've had 5+ hide fails when trying to break a charm before. When it works the first time its nice, but don't rely on it.

This removes debuffs in the order they were applied, correct? So if I tash and then charm, I have to cast it twice. I normally get messages stating tash wore off (not classic), but I do not get a message when I taper enchantment and charm remains (therefore either it didn't work or you do not receive a "worn off" message when you dispell the buff). My question being, just cast taper twice or am I doing something incorrect?

Tash is a poison debuff (use Cure Poison to remove it) so if you've tashed and then charmed, one hit of Taper Enchantment will remove charm as it skips over the poison debuff and hits the first Magic-based buff/debuff.

mcappy
08-27-2013, 02:26 PM
I think racial hide is great. Unreliable, sure, but you can always hit it before using another method to break charm and save yourself time if it works, or med a tick while it refreshes.

Still, not worth rerolling for. By higher levels you should have a goblin ring anyway.

Reubin
08-27-2013, 03:30 PM
I've played my Human Enchanter to level 54 without racial hide or a Goblin Gazughi Ring. It isn't a huge deal, you just need to work on your timing for invis.

jcmtg
08-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Taper Ench does take two casts on mobs starting at level 16 i noticed. I just use DE Hide, if it fails i use invis, so yes i keep it memmed. That invis to animals ring works too , so you can free up a mem slot.

Kevynne
08-27-2013, 05:29 PM
I wanted a dark elf, so I rolled a wizard. Then I realized I would rather play my necro or enchanter than a wizzie. Started charming on the enchanter, breaking with invis bc I'm a HIE, and now I have convinced myself my enc should be a DE for racial hide charm break.

Rerollin ain't no thang, but do you good people think the hide charm break is a deciding factor over casting invis to break charm? Not going to have a goblin gazughi for a while.

As to play what you like for a race, I like both HIE and DE. Higher lvl input if you will.

Thanks all, except YOU! I hate you. Xoxo

Dokt Orjones

Hi Dokt.

HIE MASTER RACE