or your best offer

Hit me up in game or via PM.

quido
07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
What's so funny?

Skope
07-14-2010, 10:00 PM
From 30k to 45k and now 125k.

One of these things is not like the other!

quido
07-14-2010, 10:14 PM
The market can't dictate a proper price on this item as it's been. First off, it's pretty silly that anyone has ever sold it. Do you know how many of these are in the game? Do you know how many people would like them? DA has only gotten one. The rest were gotten by IB and Transcendence. There have been two of these hammers sold ever, both let go by Transcendence. From then (which I think was right around the turn of the new year) none got sold until both of those were recently resold for 30 and 45k. In between those pairs of sales, I've received offers up to 85k for Jeremy's. I've had many 60k+ offers.

Also, people do not realize what a ridiculously powerful item this is for a Shaman. If you have your doubts, come group with me on Jeremy sometime. I will proc the fuck out of some shit.

JayDee
07-15-2010, 06:39 AM
From 30k to 45k and now 125k.

One of these things is not like the other!

Lol, I like how you stated that.

Messianic
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
The market can't dictate a proper price on this item as it's been. First off, it's pretty silly that anyone has ever sold it. Do you know how many of these are in the game? Do you know how many people would like them? DA has only gotten one. The rest were gotten by IB and Transcendence. There have been two of these hammers sold ever, both let go by Transcendence. From then (which I think was right around the turn of the new year) none got sold until both of those were recently resold for 30 and 45k. In between those pairs of sales, I've received offers up to 85k for Jeremy's. I've had many 60k+ offers.

Also, people do not realize what a ridiculously powerful item this is for a Shaman. If you have your doubts, come group with me on Jeremy sometime. I will proc the fuck out of some shit.

If you're able to sell it for 125k, that's "the market" appropriately pricing the item. If you receive an offer which you think is high enough and accept the trade, that's also "the market" appropriately pricing the item. It's more accurate to say that you believe people have been underselling the item with regard to its rarity, demand, subjective utility, etc.

I think people tend to assume prices should always stay within their experience, and so prices begin to be set by tradition rather than their actual demand/supply.

This guy is entirely free to try to sell it for 125k, and no derogatory and pointless "THATS NOT THE PRICE" comments are really necessary or valid. The "price" isn't an objective concept. He takes longer to find a seller, then that's that - nothing wrong or evil about it. If he never sells it or other sellers (if there are any) undercut him, that's that.

Obviously it's legitimate to say "That seems a little high," but let's not go into patronizing nonsense about "it may only be sold for X amount, otherwise you're an idiot." I'm sure we'll see some initially high prices for leet kunark items like Tranquil Staff, etc initially, but those prices should fall a bit as the server becomes more saturated with them.

Side note: Imagine wielding one of those suckers at level 30 when the proc activates...that'd be awesome. Would it be worth 125k to me? Nah. But I don't speak for other people.

Autotune
07-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I say raise it to 200k. Hell, go to 500k. If you can get that much plat for it do it.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Take the SMR for example. About 8 people have been trying to sell those things for around 5-6k and none are buying. Soon you will see it fall low, and then i'll pick on up for about 3.5k lol

Messianic
07-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I say raise it to 200k. Hell, go to 500k. If you can get that much plat for it do it.

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Take the SMR for example. About 8 people have been trying to sell those things for around 5-6k and none are buying. Soon you will see it fall low, and then i'll pick on up for about 3.5k lol

Exactly.

Rivewin
07-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Nonsense...

I see 10 ppl selling GEBs and they all want 9k+ for them. Supply and demand is dead!

Messianic
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Nonsense...

I see 10 ppl selling GEBs and they all want 9k+ for them. Supply and demand is dead!

1) You provided no data (i.e. actual sales, not just advertised asking price)
2) You provided one instance of hearing hypothetical asking prices
3) There could be 80 people selling the hypothetical item "Dragon Slayer's cap of nerdrage" for 300k - if the item was in high enough demand and pp was easy enough to earn, that could still be a valid price

Sorry if i'm not convinced...

Skope
07-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I have the hammer, and have had it for a month now and can tell you it's insanely awesome. It's only real replacements are spear of fate and icewurm fang, both of which are late-kunark/velious. But you have to consider that one was sold recently for 45k, and by recently i mean a couple of days ago. Also have to note that unlike manastone or rubi BP, these hammers will INCREASE in drop rates after the fear revamp when the chances of dropping the hammer gets increased by as many golems are in fear. Is it worth 125k? probably not imo. Is it insanely awesome? absolutely, i love my hammer :)

Fryhole
07-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I just want to chime in and say it's pretty lame this was made barbarian only. I realize that's in the name of the item and all, but it's still pretty lame. Of course, maybe trolls and ogres get some cool shit too - I don't know.

Rivewin
07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
1) You provided no data (i.e. actual sales, not just advertised asking price)
2) You provided one instance of hearing hypothetical asking prices
3) There could be 80 people selling the hypothetical item "Dragon Slayer's cap of nerdrage" for 300k - if the item was in high enough demand and pp was easy enough to earn, that could still be a valid price

Sorry if i'm not convinced...

This was a completely tongue in cheek comment.

Get over it. I'm not doing a fucking research project on it.

Autotune
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
This was a completely tongue in cheek comment.

Get over it. I'm not doing a fucking research project on it.

I've already seen 2 SMR's down to 4k and the average is down to 4.5k advertising.

edit: also gebs have wis/int and are all/all so they are open to more classes. Obviously the price on them isn't going to come down much if at all.

Hogwash
07-15-2010, 11:54 AM
buy it or dont, no need to derail an ec tunnel thread.

quido
07-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Just for your information, the one I'm selling is not Jeremy's. I'd never sell it. I bought the 45k hammer and am reselling it.

Let me know the next time you see someone else selling one!

Swishahouse
07-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Hey whats up my dude. Is that hammer still going bro? I can't offer you 125k i'll be point blank but I'd like to try and work something out with you because I do have a good bit of plat and some items and things that may be useful to you. Aside from being almost as sexy as Jeremy ^^

quido
07-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey whats up my dude. Is that hammer still going bro? I can't offer you 125k i'll be point blank but I'd like to try and work something out with you because I do have a good bit of plat and some items and things that may be useful to you. Aside from being almost as sexy as Jeremy ^^

Hey man, yeah I still have the thing. I'm willing to take highish-end trades in lieu of some of the money, and 125k is really just a starting point for negotiations. Get in touch with me at your leisure bud!

quido
07-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I just want to chime in and say it's pretty lame this was made barbarian only. I realize that's in the name of the item and all, but it's still pretty lame. Of course, maybe trolls and ogres get some cool shit too - I don't know.

Withered Totem of Widdershins, ftwww (for the withered widder-wins)

quido
07-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Reducing buy-it-now price to 120k!

quido
07-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Reducing price to 100k. Open to trades and negotiations. Hit me up.

Shaniq
07-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Reducing price to 100k. Open to trades and negotiations. Hit me up.

http://sigsports.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/shaq.gif

Bubbles
07-24-2010, 03:41 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/whitesmith22/clubseal6mo.jpg

quido
07-24-2010, 04:34 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/whitesmith22/clubseal6mo.jpg

Is that dude playing baseball in the snow with a leashed seal as a catcher?

Looks pretty awesome!

While we're posting cool pictures here's one!

http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/t2laser2.gif

Noleafclover
07-24-2010, 04:51 AM

Meh, put mine up for 5k fixed on the forums, had a reply in a couple days. 5k's about the most I'd expect to get for it, but it didn't take all that much patience. Maybe the people you're seeing are trying EC on off-peak, instead of forums/peak EC. I actually never got 'round to sellin in EC before mine sold.

More on topic, what's the deal with BSH? It do better dps than medding/nuking or doting? It CERTAINLY can't do more dps than JBB, so there's one item that replaces it in a big way.

quido
07-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Meh, put mine up for 5k fixed on the forums, had a reply in a couple days. 5k's about the most I'd expect to get for it, but it didn't take all that much patience. Maybe the people you're seeing are trying EC on off-peak, instead of forums/peak EC. I actually never got 'round to sellin in EC before mine sold.

More on topic, what's the deal with BSH? It do better dps than medding/nuking or doting? It CERTAINLY can't do more dps than JBB, so there's one item that replaces it in a big way.

I say a shaman using it, at the moment, is the best DPS in the game if they know what they're doing. Yeah eventually in Kunark it won't be so hot, but right now, it's badass. And yeah, it's kind of a niche market, but like I said, it's ridiculous anyone has ever sold it. Guilds should hang on to stuff like this. I'd be surpised to see another for sale before Kunark.

Think, a shaman can buff the hell out of himself. If you don't know, in addition to the stat buffs we hand out, we have a self-only buff that adds more to each stat in addition to providing more regeneration. Generally this much DPS is not required, but imagine a shammy with 255 dex casting Plague and E-Bolt, sending a raid-buffed hasted pet, and swinging this hammer proccing constantly. It's really really ridiculous.

Noleafclover
07-24-2010, 06:55 AM
I mean I think your ideal situation is a little unrealistic (raid-buffing pets, casting multiple spells on each mob) for a planar raid, but if it is the case that you outdps monks/rogues, you must be main tank when you do it =p No feign, no evade, and we both use them or end up tankin.

Noleafclover
07-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Oh, another interesting thought occurred to me. JBB is 30 dps, so if you beat monks and rogues, you come close to beating the JBB. I'd think your pet would be less than 10 dps, so you'd be beating the JBB if you beat the best-geared monks/rogues. Certainly you would at 60 w/ BSH, if you beat monks/rogues.

Edit: 32.7 or so DPS on JBB.

quido
07-24-2010, 07:24 AM
The situation in a raid really depends on who else is there. At a Vox raid I go healer mode and strap on all my lame wisdom gear and patch heal. If you're the only shaman, obviously there's not enough of you to go around to be swinging all the time. It's been my experience that as one of two shamans, you can swing occasionally, again depending. Clearly buffing your raid and debuffing mobs (slow, malo) takes priority over swinging a mighty hammer. And that's the thing - you're not always in 100% DPS mode. If we're clearing Hate/Fear, I'm not casting DoTs on trash mobs unless I feel like flexing a little bit and maybe KSing the kill group. Yeah, this hammer is the pinnacle piece in a ridiculous DPS package, but it can also be a means to generate a fair amount of damage free of the cost of mana.

When I first really put this hammer to use I changed my last name to Aggroripper. One debuff, let alone two, can easily rip aggro from a tank. Part of being a good shaman is gauging at which point you choose to slow/malo the mob. Clearly a blue revultant rat needs to lose more HP than a yellow mob to get you into the safe zone. There's times when you get lucky proccing and rip aggro without any debuffs. Well, shit happens. I personally think it is not a bad strategy to temporarily rip aggro away from the tank and eat some of the damage. Shamans have awesome HP regen, so that HP that we regenerate instead of getting healed saves clerics mana. Furthermore, I only swing the hammer when I'm at an acceptable mana level. If my mana is getting taxed, I'll pop a squat for a minute or two and build it back up. But in general, because of our HP regeneration and our ability to cannibalize (which I will often do between swings), maintaining an acceptable level of mana is rarely a problem.

Edit: I don't know the exact DPS I can generate. And yes, often it is burst DPS. I can't go all-out on every mob double-DoTing like a rogue can poking. But it is a serious amount of damage. Let me show you sometime =)

Also, this hammer is a great tool for powerleveling a twinked DPS class. Take a 20 rogue to SolA gnomes, tank and swing until you get a proc or two, own. A monk needs a few more levels but I've done both. I'm just saying! People gave me so much shit when I pieced together a dexterity set and started swinging. This is because people are used to Kunark. People seem to think everything in classic should be more like Kunark. "Sit down and med, SHAMAN! Know your place!" Yeah, this hammer at the end of Kunark isn't going to be what it is now. But in classic this is some serious shit. I'm not twisting anyone's arm to sell this thing. I think eventually someone will come along who sees the value of this item. If not, whatever really. It's not like I went bankrupt purchasing this thing.

quido
07-25-2010, 01:42 AM
bump!

Skope
07-25-2010, 10:06 AM

I have one and it is fantastic DPS. JBB too, was incredible, but their uses are different. On a summoning mob a JBB can be less preferable to slapping on your hammer and procing the same DD because of the lack of cast time. It allows you to heal, slow, malise/debuff and DoT and yet still dish out a 264 DD several times a minute, but most importantly, it allows you to regen mana while melee'ing thru regens/cannibalize. Constantly clicking a JBB takes away from a shaman's ability to be shamany, pressing buttons all the time. It does become more of a solo weapon than a raid hammer come kunark, but it will still be more than viable in either situation.

quido
07-27-2010, 09:03 AM
bump!

Coalrymer
07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
sorry the hammer is just to limited in class and race for it to cost so much. personally wouldn't pay more then 10k for it.

quido
07-28-2010, 04:14 AM
sorry the hammer is just to limited in class and race for it to cost so much. personally wouldn't pay more then 10k for it.

I've received an 80k offer already which I declined. That was a week or two ago, though. I'd probably take it now.

quido
08-05-2010, 06:56 PM
bump