PDA

View Full Version : Returning after 2 years, I can still login but not on EQEmu.org

mochaicelatte
08-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, this isn't the biggest issue but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I made my account years ago and I can still login and play etc. everything is fine with my account yet when I try to use the exact same credentials on the EQEmu.org site it does not recognize my account.

I'm just starting to put in quite a bit of hours lately and would just like to make sure if anything happens I can some how have access to my account again. I feel like not being able to login to the EQEmu site could give me problems in the future and I'm scared to put more of a time commitment.

To summarize account login works fine to get in game but not recognized on EQemu main site.

I've tried to contact EQemu with no response.

I realize it has been fine for 2 years as long as I remember the password I should be fine but I like to be a little extra safe before I spend 100's of hours on a character.

Thanks in advance to any help with this issue.

Ele
08-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Your server login and your EMU login are separate.

If you can log into your server account just fine, and haven't given your PW to anyone. Then you should be okay.

If you need to change your server password for any reason then you will need to recover your EMU information.

mochaicelatte
08-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Ok thanks a lot for the info.

I guess my question is how would I go about finding my EQEmu info if all I remember is my EQ login info?

I tried contacting the owner of EQemu and no response in a few weeks

quido
08-24-2013, 12:56 PM
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

Thulack
08-24-2013, 01:10 PM
If you try and login with wrong info the box that appears gives you a link to recover info if you have your email that you registered it to. If you have that then your fine if not have to find another way.

mochaicelatte
08-24-2013, 01:42 PM
yea that's my only issue. It was registered on a now defunct college e-mail.

mochaicelatte
08-24-2013, 01:46 PM
I basically think I have to get into contact with someone who will accept that I know my login info but not my older info.

The account is like a level 15 shaman max on it so it's not like I traded or did anything sketchy with it.

I suppose if it's been ok for this 2 years it's not really a big deal I just like to be safe if I plan to spend a lot of time on this.

Nirgon
08-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Guide Cast helped me with my account troubles