PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Soloing - How to Heal Yourself?

Mathiasaurus
08-24-2013, 11:13 AM
So enchanters are pretty good at soloing. But how does one go about healing themselves when they're no twinked out the wazoo?

Bandages? Potions? Sexy heal bots?

goshozal
08-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Ah, yes. The critical weakness of the enchanter playstyle.

There's not a good answer here for the untwinked, unfortunately. You must play in such a way that you are actively preventing taking any damage in the first place. Runes, bedlam and well-timed CC should be enough to minimize the chance/duration of you taking damage.

pasi
08-24-2013, 01:02 PM
The answer is to minimize damage taken. Have bedlam in front of rune.

Root the mob you are fighting against. On charm breaks, aoe stun -> aoe mez -> recharm.

If a caster is targeting you with a spell, interrupt it.

Leave your top buff slot open for DoTs to cancel magic if fighting necro/druid mobs. Carry around 10 dose poison/disease cure potions if in an area with shaman/necro mobs.

phacemeltar
08-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Troll illusion or trade clarity for chloro

captnamazing
08-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Rely on Rune. If you're doing well and your luck isn't shit you should be able to recharm/get the situation under control before Rune breaks, or before you take more than 10% damage post break. Get a Mystical Cloak for a clicky Steelskin which can save your life if you run out of components for Rune on the job. Keep bandages on yourself. Do the quest in FV for Visions of Sebilite for Ikky regen.

Even better: make friends with a cleric and duo.

heartbrand
08-24-2013, 07:54 PM
I always have rune and bedlam up.

Tecmos Deception
08-24-2013, 08:02 PM
You must play in such a way that you are actively preventing taking any damage in the first place. Runes, bedlam and well-timed CC should be enough to minimize the chance/duration of you taking damage.

This.

"well-timed CC" covers a lot of stuff though, from using root as often as possible (without using TOO much mana, since pre-fetter and especially pre-paralyzing earth you can't keep stuff parked for very long without constant recasts) to proper use of stuns+mezzes on charm breaks to interrupting spells targetted on you but maybe letting spells go sometimes (like if something is aiming a magic-based nuke at you, shielding and some MR on gear and resist magic give you a rather good chance to resist), etc.

When leveling I often used runes, but the short duration on bedlam line of spells stopped me from using it until I was 50+ and in dungeons.

Troll illusion is pretty minimal healing (it's like 1 greater heal over the whole duration of the spell basically), and iksar illusion doesn't give any regen at all as far as I know. It doesn't hurt to have a stack of bandages + max bind wound skill for when you do get low on health. I've survived being dotted a few times while leveling (i.e. before I carried poison and disease cure potions) by bandaging myself as the dot was ticking.

Chromos
08-25-2013, 05:03 PM
what else is included in the bedlam line? , Since bedlam is 58 what are the lower level versions (is it things like berserker str)?

mcappy
08-27-2013, 02:03 PM
At low levels (currently 21), Troll or Iksar regen is plenty. Berserker Strength and Rune don't hurt, but I rarely use Rune because it's kind of a mana drain at this level and mobs don't hurt as much.

At higher levels, keeping Rune and the Bedlam line stacked gives you ~1000 extra HP, usually enough to keep actual HP damage to a minimum as long as you refresh Bedlam.

what else is included in the bedlam line? , Since bedlam is 58 what are the lower level versions (is it things like berserker str)?

Berserker Strength at 20 (Research only), Rampage at 39, Berserker Spirit at 49.

Berserker Strength isn't much, but you can usually take 1-2 hits without getting interrupted by regular melee (which happens a lot more than I remember at this level).

jcmtg
08-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Slow the mob when it's incapped. This helps getting your CC off without interrupts when your CC breaks.

I'm doing the following at lvl 31:

Big nuke (+partial stun)
Mesmerise (low lvl mez)
Tash (current one)
Root (lvl 4)
Slow (languid since i haven't gotten research pages for tepid)
Run to edge of nuke range
/Sit for some ticks of mana
Big nuke
if root breaks,
-AOE Stun
-Root
Repeat from 'Run to edge of nuke range'
If root doesn't break,
-Lesser Nuke
Repeat from 'Big nuke'
if mob gets to a sliver of live, optionally /med and memorize a smaller nuke or dot to save some mana.