PDA

View Full Version : Best paladin weapon for around 200-300pp?

paladin1118
08-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Hey, just had a couple questions.

1. What is the best one handed paladin weapon that I can get for around 200pp? Green Jade Broadsword? Is there any other one handed weapons I should consider that go for around 200-300pp?

2. About how much should I sell basic foraged items like roots, vegetables, fruit etc. for? Or are they worth anything?

Thanks for the help!

Tecmos Deception
08-23-2013, 01:00 PM
I would say just neglect 1h entirely if you're on a budget, and get that 30/40 2hb. You will miss out on bash, but you could always use a cheapo shield and swap it in if you really need to to interrupt a heal or slow, assuming you don't have stuns to do the job yet.

Nuggie
08-23-2013, 01:06 PM
go sit in EC for an hour or two around 8pm EST. you will get a pretty good feel of the market that way.

A1551
08-23-2013, 01:10 PM
As tecmos mentioned -- baton of faith (30/40 2hb) is pretty much the cheap weapon of choice for a paladin -- it substantially outdpses every other paladin choice that would be considered low or moderate end of the price spectrum. They fit right in the requested pricerange too

And basic foraged items are worth essentially nada :P

paladin1118
08-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I know the baton certainly seems to be the best stat-wise. I forget what the baton looks like exactly and can't seem to find any screenshots online at the moment... but I'm assuming it's basically a staff or scepter-like?

I'm not much of a min-maxer and I'm really looking for something that fits with the stereotypical knight theme somewhat better. Watching my paladin hit stuff with a stick for 20+ levels until I can find/afford something better than the baton sounds kind of... tedious to me. Might as well have a monk lol

Durothil Skyreaver
08-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Another option if you are looking for a sword is the Arbitors Combine Greatsword. It's pretty decent at 30/43 and comes with 15wis and 25 mana. I've seen them for sale recently around the 200pp mark.

idontbuff
08-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I know the baton certainly seems to be the best stat-wise. I forget what the baton looks like exactly and can't seem to find any screenshots online at the moment... but I'm assuming it's basically a staff or scepter-like?

I'm not much of a min-maxer and I'm really looking for something that fits with the stereotypical knight theme somewhat better. Watching my paladin hit stuff with a stick for 20+ levels until I can find/afford something better than the baton sounds kind of... tedious to me. Might as well have a monk lol

White 'invis' staff.

Barkingturtle
08-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Sometimes you can find a Sword of Skyfire that cheap.

Goron
08-23-2013, 02:02 PM
As tecmos mentioned -- baton of faith (30/40 2hb) is pretty much the cheap weapon of choice for a paladin -- it substantially outdpses every other paladin choice that would be considered low or moderate end of the price spectrum. They fit right in the requested pricerange too

And basic foraged items are worth essentially nada :P

+1 on Tecmos' suggestion on 2H.

Baton of Faith is unbeatable due to the low price, in my opinion. Don't forget about getting a Deepwater Helm though :).

Estolcles
08-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Do the Falchion of the Koda'Vie (or whatever it's called), it's an ok weapon if you really need one. The Green Jade Broadsword is a great choice if you're going 1hs.

kaev
08-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Green Jade Broadsword is decent, reasonable choice that gives you a little hp besides, and it's very common by now so quite cheap. Use it to skill 1hs & bash, and also when fighting casters.

Baton of Faith is a helluva deal anytime you want best damage you can manage (when you're stuck solo or are not fighting casters or are not MT.)

For the future, between Kunark being so old and Paladins being unpopular here, Sword of the Morning is a very good deal, can be had for under 1000pp if you're not in a big rush to buy. It doesn't proc until L50, but that 16/27 ratio is very nice at any level.

If you want to keep your 2hs skill up, use something cheap and fast like the Nathsar Greatsword and just keep it bagged except when skilling.

If you plan to be rich someday well before you get your epic, the Rod of Faith is the best droppable Paladin 1hander (24/32 1hb iirc.) Something fast and cheap like a Mudman Enforcer (if you see one around) is an ok way to skill-up 1hb before you get rich.

Estolcles
08-23-2013, 04:00 PM
At 1000pp, you should definitely go Ghoulbane. Great attack/delay ratio, plus the undead killer spell. AND it's needed for your Epic.

White Ranger
08-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Sword of skyfire is great up to lvl 20. Then you can get sword of mourning or ghoulbane for fairly cheap

kaev
08-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Ghoulbane has a nice anti-undead proc, but its ratio is much inferior to the Sword of the Morning. With an uninspiring (100-ish) DEX it'll be roughly equivalent to the SotM vs. undead, against non-undead foes it isn't even close.

It is necessary for the epic tho, and if you get one at a good level for Unrest (when the damage from the proc is a pretty decent chunk of a mob's hp) it can be a lot of fun to use.