PDA

View Full Version : ENC CLR DUO LEVELLING SPOTS

captnamazing
08-22-2013, 03:54 AM
Hi there, I'm leveling a chanter right now, primarily with my friend, who is leveling a cleric alongside me. I would like to discuss the different places that this duo is especially effective.

Also a general forum to discuss any particular tips and tricks of the trade working with your holy partner.

It's worth cranking your CHA up to 200 minimum. There is a vast difference between charming <200 and >200.

After level 16, it's on. Sure, you can charm at 12, but back then I was just running around blasting things to get up to 16. I did 12-16 all in NRo and WC, pitting willowisps and spiders against one another.

At 16, with charm, haste, and rune I, you are finally ready to start.

16-20 For this, I would recommend charming the crocs in Oasis, and then moving to orc wall. The crocs provide easy, aggro free charm tanking with low threats aside from Cazel. It is also useful to pick up sows/buffs from travelers at the dock. After reaching 18 or so, head over to Orc Highway and pull stragglers off the main road. If you are careful, you will avoid excessive social aggro. This is definitely more of a challenge than the crocs, but is a good way to work on your crisis management skills.

From 20-24 We mostly hunted in Najena. In the northernmost caves of the dungeon there is a spawn of spiders and goblin camps. The spiders have 4 separate spawn points IIRC and are easy to stagger break. If you find spiders too hard at first, try starting on the isolated goblin fireplace nearby. The mobs are easier to land spells on and if you can calm most of them it's quite an easy thing to break. If you are strapped for mana and are worried there might be one too many, charm a goblin magician. When you charm a caster his or her pet immediately vanishes. This is an extremely effective way to reduce your opponents by one, while also securing yourself a powerful pet. A hasted goblin magician should easily take out two of his allies, and then is ready to be sacrificed. Know that the spiders are more powerful than the goblins and the minotaurs are actually quite weak. Beware the higher level "a skeleton" spawns around the cave's lake.

24-27 Upper Guk
This was my favorite spot to level at this time. At first we did a lot of running around to check where the good cons were and found that camping at the warden room was ideal. While it is deep in the depths, once you learn the way in it's easily navigable and the chanter can invis both party members for a smooth entrance. The warden room spawns 4, and has 1 pather that walks from the hallway you enter on to the hallway leading to the Shin Lord Keep and the Fungi men. A good way to begin the break is to walk through the warden room and into the hallway before the keep/fungi split - there are 3 spawns below. Usually 2 gaz and 1 ton knight. Easy to charm ton knight and kill two gaz. With low mana spent buff/healing ton knight just sacrifice him. Then calm the warden room starting with pather (if he's not dead) then the one on the platform you can target, then the vis shaman on the other side of the room. It's also possible not to calm one of them, but it's a decent precaution. Pick a pet and kill the shin warrior PH then continue your slaughter.

That's as far as I've gotten. He's level 27. We tried Runnyeye but the social aggro was too intense for the two of us to manage. Would love any suggestions for places to go :)

I will keep posting info here throughout the journey for any interested people out there.

phacemeltar
08-22-2013, 03:57 AM
ive heard hill giants are soloable by a 27 enchanter. some dude was running around rathemtn just raking in the dough solo. with a cleric it could relieve some of that tension.

edit: just make sure you got jboots or sow pots

Malone88
08-22-2013, 01:03 PM
An ENC/CLR duo can pretty much go almost anywhere!

Some places to try:

Unrest Fireplace (Late 20s)
Mistmoore Pond Entrance (Late 20s/Early 30s - Initiate Familiar Rogue Pets are nice DPS)
South Karana Spires (Late 20s/Early 30s)
Split Paw Before Double Doors (Early 30s - Charmed Gnoll with Stun Whips)
Mistmoore Graveyard (Early 30s)
Mistmoore Castle Ent (Mid 30s - Gypsy Musician Rogue Pets are nice DPS)
City of Mist Entrance/Temple/Stables (Early 40s - charm a Haze Golem)
City of Mist Moat (Mid 40s - charm a Haze Golem/Vapor Golem)

The challenge with a lot of these places is if you play during busy times, these
camps will not be open.