PDA

View Full Version : Tecmos streaming!

Tecmos Deception
08-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Gonna be streaming for a few hours tonight, probably starting around 7 eastern.

http://www.twitch.tv/tecmos_deception

senna
08-21-2013, 11:32 PM
you're really good at EQ

Sarius
08-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Tecmos's 1mil plat give away streaming live!

Zeonick
08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Nice, I can live vicariously through you while my gf plays and we wait for our ip exemption :D

Susano
08-22-2013, 12:49 AM
I was just saying to someone that I was surprised there weren't any enchanters streaming since they do some insane things when solo'n.

Hopefully you'll put on a good show for the people.

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Thanks to everyone who joined in and watched/listened/chatted during my first stream.

My "goal" while streaming was to crawl through HS to get some keys to corpse for CRs, but I ended up mostly just getting into a few big fights in north and a couple in west while unsuccessfully trying to spawn the key-dropping nameds. Along the way I was chatting with people asking questions in the stream channel, doing dumb stuff like playing for 15 minutes without c2 up because I'm not used to dealing with talking and tells and chat room while also playing, etc! I had fun, glad some other people did too.

Currently waiting around a bit to see if the server comes back up, and if it does I'll stream me logging back into west to see if I can survive whatever mess of mobs is sitting on top of me (DCed in a random spot in a hallway near final boss of west without IVU or invis on me).

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Well when I saw the server was back up this morning, I logged into west to try to survive whatever was spawned on top of me. I did, but only because I hatted to WC; there were 4 HTing skeles that aggrod as soon as I logged in, and they had me down to 15% by the time I got them stunned. Didn't have stream up cause I figured no one is awake yet! Went and found Jeremy's enchanter's corpse in south and was going to drag it out, but he isn't online to consent.

I've got some stuff to do during the day today, but hopefully around 10:30-11 eastern tonight I'll be streaming again!

I was trying to think of where to go/what to do though. A few people last night even asked what zone I was in (someone thought it was kurns), so I was thinking maybe trying KC would be fun so that I'm in a zone that more people are familiar with, so they can see what an enchanter can do? If KC is totally packed I'll get an evac over to EJ and poke around in seb!

Tiggles
08-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Awesome to have more High level Streamers around.

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 10:12 AM
:D

Zyn
08-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Tecmos, I had an incredible time watching your stream.

Any chance you could plan some tutorials every once in awhile? I would love to watch something like that.

Just a suggestion. Either way, I'm hooked!

Wudan
08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Awesome to have more High level Streamers around.

except this dude is doing fun shit while you are killing seafuries and talk crap :p

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Any chance you could plan some tutorials every once in awhile?

Yeah, gladly. Just let me know what zone/camp/mob you (or anyone else) are thinking and I'll give it a whirl.

except this dude is doing fun shit while you are killing seafuries and talk crap :p

Now now, let's got turn this into an R&F thread! ;)

quido
08-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I had a lot of fun watching last night! Got so wrapped up I got myself killed =) Anyways, hope to see you streaming again sometime!

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I had a lot of fun watching last night! Got so wrapped up I got myself killed =) Anyways, hope to see you streaming again sometime!

I'm in south at your corpse if you want to get on malcolm to consent me. I can drag you to a spot that you can reach your corpse while standing just outside of the locked door to south.

Kinda busy watching my kid atm, but PM me and I should be able to get on when he goes down for a nap in a bit.

quido
08-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey thanks but I just got it myself! Cleric power ftw

Zyn
08-22-2013, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=Tecmos Deception;1084401]Yeah, gladly. Just let me know what zone/camp/mob you (or anyone else) are thinking and I'll give it a whirl.

I was thinking more along the lines of, here are some really basic tips that will help new/seasoned enchanters, i.e. "don't panic when charm breaks, here's my follow-up and why it works."

Maybe that's too generic? I know there are a lot of written guides out there (Loraen and Xornn) but its nice to have it demonstrated. Maybe that's too dull and simple.

Like I said, regardless, I will watch your godliness.

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 01:30 PM
That wouldn't be too dull or simple... well. The order I cast spells in, for example, IS probably pretty dull to hear me talk about, but it is the little stuff like that that I believe makes normal pulls look trivial and nasty pulls doable at all.

A specific example is very common when I solo in south: a level 49-50 pet and a level 51+ enemy. When charm breaks I immediately get summoned by the 51+ and start getting meleed by him and my pet. Then when I get the two mobs locked back down so I can recharm my pet, I will also cast a level 4 mez on the level 51+ mob after I recharm my pet, even though it is still mezzed and would have remained so until my pet is able to engage him again. I do this because my pet doesn't melee quickly enough when the mezzes wear off, so I'm the only thing on the other mob's aggro list and it will summon me again and get a round of melee off on me (which, depending on the enemy, could be several hundred damage! the spectre spiritualist in south quads for 156 and kicks/bashes and lifetap procs too!) before my pet hits it so that it will focus on him. (edit - rereading that, I can see why it would be better to demonstrate it and explain than try to type it out, lol. I've experienced this first hand dozens of times and it still was kinda confusing to read it)

I'll just have to do a stream specifically for talking about this kind of stuff though, so I remember to explain the stuff as I do it. Some of my tips won't apply depending on what level you are, but eventually they could be important. I'm afraid I might not be great at giving advice for leveling enchanters anymore, since it's been several months since I was doing any leveling + I got PLed up to about 25 anyways.

Raavak
08-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Damn, I missed it last night. I'll be sure to watch you soon.

Bohab
08-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Hmm... think I'll just play my Enchanter instead. but ty

Zyn
08-22-2013, 04:52 PM
That wouldn't be too dull or simple... well. The order I cast spells in, for example, IS probably pretty dull to hear me talk about, but it is the little stuff like that that I believe makes normal pulls look trivial and nasty pulls doable at all.

A specific example is very common when I solo in south: a level 49-50 pet and a level 51+ enemy. When charm breaks I immediately get summoned by the 51+ and start getting meleed by him and my pet. Then when I get the two mobs locked back down so I can recharm my pet, I will also cast a level 4 mez on the level 51+ mob after I recharm my pet, even though it is still mezzed and would have remained so until my pet is able to engage him again. I do this because my pet doesn't melee quickly enough when the mezzes wear off, so I'm the only thing on the other mob's aggro list and it will summon me again and get a round of melee off on me (which, depending on the enemy, could be several hundred damage! the spectre spiritualist in south quads for 156 and kicks/bashes and lifetap procs too!) before my pet hits it so that it will focus on him. (edit - rereading that, I can see why it would be better to demonstrate it and explain than try to type it out, lol. I've experienced this first hand dozens of times and it still was kinda confusing to read it)

I'll just have to do a stream specifically for talking about this kind of stuff though, so I remember to explain the stuff as I do it. Some of my tips won't apply depending on what level you are, but eventually they could be important. I'm afraid I might not be great at giving advice for leveling enchanters anymore, since it's been several months since I was doing any leveling + I got PLed up to about 25 anyways.

Anything you can share would be extremely helpful. I was watching last night, and I think it'll take a little bit of practice to explain everything you're doing it as it happens.

It was wildly entertaining and I even brought my stream down so I could get food and watch you :)

Playing my level 2 enchanter tonight. :P

As you said, picking a level 4 mez is SUPER interesting, would have never thought to do that. ALSO, how did you manage to organize your spell book like that. It must have been insanely tedious.

Haystacks
08-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Anything you can share would be extremely helpful. I was watching last night, and I think it'll take a little bit of practice to explain everything you're doing it as it happens.

It was wildly entertaining and I even brought my stream down so I could get food and watch you :)

Playing my level 2 enchanter tonight. :P

As you said, picking a level 4 mez is SUPER interesting, would have never thought to do that. ALSO, how did you manage to organize your spell book like that. It must have been insanely tedious.

You can move spell icons around in your book shouldn't take that long to get you spellbook looking like that. I believe you right click and then click where you want the icon to go in your book.

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 05:23 PM

Using level 4 mez was something I picked up at low levels. Lower-level mezzes and roots and stuns may not last as long, but they cast faster and cost a lot less mana. And as a chanter who doesn't have maxed c1 yet, mana is especially precious, so I always was "downranking" spells to save mana. When I was 49-56, I actually kept two spell slots 24/7 just for root + paralyzing earth, cause root was so much less mana and faster cast when I knew I wouldn't need more than 30-40 seconds of root. The shorter duration mez is nice too when I know I'm just using it to buy time to recharm, or to interrupt a cast cause stuns are down, or whatever.

My book like this is also a product of leveling up. I like to organize by spell type (like, damage, debuff, cc, utility), and only spells that I use. I've got a variety of nukes mainly cause I tried to use the lowest one I could to finish off pets when xping, and now I just am used to them there.

Tecmos Deception
08-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Gonna stream in the next 30 min or so, just got home from a ballgame and my son is wired from being with a babysitter still!

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-22-2013, 11:30 PM
I object.

An essential part of playing an enchanter is lulling people into a sense of security, then causing panic. This is commonly referred to as "what the fuck Sadre" in mmorpg's.

I just am not seeing that skill set being demonstrated here. All I know is, if I'm gonna shamboil a bottle of Prell, I'm gonna have some fun.

Tecmos Deception
08-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I object.

An essential part of playing an enchanter is lulling people into a sense of security, then causing panic. This is commonly referred to as "what the fuck Sadre" in mmorpg's.

I just am not seeing that skill set being demonstrated here. All I know is, if I'm gonna shamboil a bottle of Prell, I'm gonna have some fun.

Lol :)

Sorry I didn't stream last night. Got home from a ball game and was tipsy enough that I fell asleep in the recliner in my living room with my open laptop sitting on my lap (heh). Wasn't even CLOSE to making it downstairs to turn on the desktop.

Will see if I can squeeze in an hour this afternoon and then plan on 11ish again tonight.

Tecmos Deception
08-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Streamed an hour+ in KC, just poking around not finding any loot and buffing up some XPers.

Will be back tonight (for real this time, I won't pass out) to head to seb probably!

Tecmos Deception
08-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Stream up in a few minutes!

billw134
08-23-2013, 10:54 PM
I was watching your earlier streams tonight, and I really like your set up of Mepet and Other chat windows.

Would you mind going over what you filter in both of the windows? I am having trouble figuring it out.

Thanks man!

Dokt Orjones

Tecmos Deception
08-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Stream down. The king group with erratic didn't happen, so I went down into disco area of seb solo and killed some stuff before stupidly having my pet doing /pet guard here when a fight ended, which caused him to wander off through a wall (super annoying bug) and start a train... so I had to get out of the zone. Then trying to get back down through disco to go check out disco 2, I didn't blur a mob I thought I HAD blurred and had to cap out to survive.

After that I ran around through oasis down to guk, buffing people and answering questions about enchanters and other p99 stuff.

Thinking my next stream will be with some A-Team dudes, maybe in our sky raid coming up in a couple days.

WomWom
08-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Hey Tecmos. I am one of the nubs you buffed in the swamp tonight. I appreciated that one buff that made me swing really fast. Shissar something or other. Anyway, cheers man. From what I've experienced so far the server's full of nice folks.

citizen1080
08-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Epic chanter haste..and welcome to server =)

salimoneus
08-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Cool stream bro, rock on.

Tecmos Deception
08-24-2013, 08:42 PM
UPDATE: Stream up (or will be within minutes). Gonna start in seb again and try to find something to do with guildies before the night is over.

Tecmos Deception
08-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Stream done for the night. Seb was full so I wasn't there for long. I hammered to OT and grabbed a root and a stun weapon from the bank to give to a cliff golem, but a couple guys were killing the golem for spells so I helped them with a kill after they got trained and died. Then I went over to Dalnir to buff a group there, help them CR, and buff them again. Ended the night by /random 100 against Teleportation for 100k. I rolled a 1 and he a 95 initially. Then he was up for double or nothing, and I rolled 100 and he rolled something smaller than that, so I came out even! :)

Tecmos Deception
08-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Up!

Tecmos Deception
08-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Last night's stream was A-Team going up to sky. We did island 1 while latecomers got ported up to join the raid, then did 2 pretty quickly + pulled down a mob from isle 4 and killed it so that KoS spawn timer would start. I was charming a split from that mob on isle 3, then we moved up to 4 and I was afk on and off + switched to my bard a couple times to buy a manastone and a cloak of flames! I didn't charm for Keeper of Souls, which meant I got the deathtouch! After that we buffed back up, clicked up to 5, and had a pretty smooth time up there considering we had a warrior pulling most of the island with only 1 chanter and 1 bard (I don't think Lava CCed at all though) for CC.

Rogean made an appearance in sky when we were doing Spiroc Lord, and we all blamed him for our first wipe (Sak died to SL before it's DT was refreshed, but I'm not not sure exactly what went wrong). He then chatted in my chat channel, kept turning the raid into a variety of different races/sexes/etc, and complained that my "lite" titanium install didn't have the right files to see his awesome sword or the faerie mob he tried to turn me into! Unfortunately we wiped a second time on SL; we only had 1 level 60 tank and 1 cleric, plus it seemed like our DPS was just too slow by this point in the night... SL was still above 50% when his DT refreshed and he blew up Sakuragi, and the other melee weren't far behind. I jumped off the island and headed to bed after this.

Overall that was a pretty smooth night for A-Team in sky. The only issues we had up there were that 1-4 went so quickly that we had to sit around for like 45 minutes waiting for keeper of souls to spawn + we just slowed our progress overall on 5, culminating with no SL kill. But we had fun and it sounded like stream viewers did too, especially since Lyaa was also streaming for two perspectives of the same raid (+music +art +female voice on the mic)!

Splorf22
08-26-2013, 11:38 AM
I just checked my log of this fight. According to GamParse we were actually at 322 dps which really isn't that bad. Davril died while I was tanking and Totoi immediately after I died; I am guessing both got low HP aggro since Davril had just been rezzed. I think we just need to fine tune our strats a bit. What I really wanna know is how THIS happened:

[Sun Aug 25 23:25:17 2013] You taunt a soul harvester to ignore others and attack you!
[Sun Aug 25 23:25:17 2013] Azzudnue pierces The Spiroc Lord for 31 points of damage.

From the log I was only on it for about 5 seconds, but I really cannot think of what keys i could have clicked to target your pet!

P.S. Did you ever weaponize your pet? He never quadded in the log.

Tecmos Deception
08-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I think I remember trying to give him a torch right before the pull cause I couldn't rememeber if I had given one already, and commenting in the stream to that effect.

Tecmos Deception
08-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Streaming my 37 SK in highkeep.

Samoht Farstrider
08-26-2013, 04:27 PM
offline?

Tecmos Deception
08-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Still on, only a few viewers! 37 SK twink not terribly interesting :)

Samoht Farstrider
08-26-2013, 04:43 PM
I guess my work is blocking it.

Spitty
08-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I think I remember trying to give him a torch right before the pull cause I couldn't rememeber if I had given one already, and commenting in the stream to that effect.

It's cause I slow your pets.

Tecmos Deception
08-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Early morning chanter stream!

Tecmos Deception
08-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Anyone who didn't watch missed a great stream this morning!

I logged into HS, killed a PH at my usual spot in south, then headed over into east to check things out for entertainment value. Turns out Crypt Excavator, east's best named (helot skull helm!), was up. East is ridiculously hard to solo (or group probably) now compared to before invis changes, but I started clearing some room to work with. I ended up not keeping an undead mob that will flee rooted though, and it fled and forced me to hat out or die... I hatted. When I returned, I killed some more stuff, snuck past a couple of mobs with invis, then picked a new, non-summoning pet. Cleared some more, pulled the named (with an add), and got him down! He didn't drop the helm, unfortunately.

I hopped on my SK for a few minutes before logging back into east to check on repop. I got myself killed though, after a few resists+interrupts and misclicking my soulfire on the enemy mob twice instead of on myself :( Finished up the stream with CRing myself and exploring a bit deeper into east looking for another named before running into too many live mobs to lull past and calling it quits.

Stream is recorded for anyone who might like to check out solo action in HS east!

Tecmos Deception
09-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Stream down again. Managed to get in like an hour of HS south and general mucking around before I had to log off. I did see the two best nameds in south in the little bit of time I was streaming though, yielding a fingerbone hoop and a golden bracer! :)

Tecmos Deception
09-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Nm that. Started streaming some but I'm feeling pretty indifferent about doing it today :p

Tecmos Deception
09-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Streaming seb NG atm! Later tonight Save has big plans, maybe he'll let me stream that too!

Obsidus
09-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Watching these streams has made me seriously wonder why the hell I never rolled an enchanter. From what I can remember, the general opinion back when I played, was that Enchanters were OP soloers with Dire Charm, but aside from that Necros were better. These vids are disproving that quite handily from what I can tell.

Splorf22
09-08-2013, 01:36 AM
damn you gate

Tecmos Deception
09-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Stream down for the night. I solod NG in seb some, then duod it and disco a bit with Loraen before Svenn showed up and we fought down towards spore king to give him a try. Unfortunately just as I was saying "hope i don't jinx us by talking about wiping" ... a shroom gated away from us and forced Loraen to hat and the rest of us to zone out.

Watching these streams has made me seriously wonder why the hell I never rolled an enchanter. From what I can remember, the general opinion back when I played, was that Enchanters were OP soloers with Dire Charm, but aside from that Necros were better. These vids are disproving that quite handily from what I can tell.

Necros are definitely potent. Lifetaps, feign and harmshield, being able to deal significant damage without charm (or a pet at all)... that's good stuff! But when it comes to dealing with high-level mobs (like, 51+ probably), enchanters definitely take the cake. Tashan, haste, slow, quick stuns, and ae mezzes are all pretty vital to soloing high-end mobs as a chanter, and necros don't have any of those.

I still think necros on p99 could solo most of the things an enchanter could (HS south or most anything in seb, for example). I'm speaking as someone who does not have a 60 necro, but it seems like pulls would be trickier and more effort since you can't lull or just drop an ae mez on a group of mobs and deal with it from there, but I think that dots and lifetaps and heals for an EoT would make short work of the level 50-52 nameds that have the best loot in HS just as well as a chanter with charm, haste, and slow could. Chanter might have easier pulls, but necro would have a better chance of surviving (without hatting out) when things DO go bad, it seems to me.

Hmm. Part of why you remember necros being more preferred for solo was the era you played in? In Kunark and Velious I think that EVERY SINGLE level 51+ mob summons. That made it harder for necros who had iffier durations on charms, and EoT just doesn't tank 54+ mobs too well I don't believe. In PoP (even in luclin? i don't remember) though a lot of stuff stopped summoning even if it was 51+ right? And there were more meaningful things you could do without being in the confines of a dungeon? So necros had some aggro and fearkiting options, rootrotting, etc., that aren't really available in high-end kunark and velious content.

Obsidus
09-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Stream down for the night. I solod NG in seb some, then duod it and disco a bit with Loraen before Svenn showed up and we fought down towards spore king to give him a try. Unfortunately just as I was saying "hope i don't jinx us by talking about wiping" ... a shroom gated away from us and forced Loraen to hat and the rest of us to zone out.

Necros are definitely potent. Lifetaps, feign and harmshield, being able to deal significant damage without charm (or a pet at all)... that's good stuff! But when it comes to dealing with high-level mobs (like, 51+ probably), enchanters definitely take the cake. Tashan, haste, slow, quick stuns, and ae mezzes are all pretty vital to soloing high-end mobs as a chanter, and necros don't have any of those.

I still think necros on p99 could solo most of the things an enchanter could (HS south or most anything in seb, for example). I'm speaking as someone who does not have a 60 necro, but it seems like pulls would be trickier and more effort since you can't lull or just drop an ae mez on a group of mobs and deal with it from there, but I think that dots and lifetaps and heals for an EoT would make short work of the level 50-52 nameds that have the best loot in HS just as well as a chanter with charm, haste, and slow could. Chanter might have easier pulls, but necro would have a better chance of surviving (without hatting out) when things DO go bad, it seems to me.

Hmm. Part of why you remember necros being more preferred for solo was the era you played in? In Kunark and Velious I think that EVERY SINGLE level 51+ mob summons. That made it harder for necros who had iffier durations on charms, and EoT just doesn't tank 54+ mobs too well I don't believe. In PoP (even in luclin? i don't remember) though a lot of stuff stopped summoning even if it was 51+ right? And there were more meaningful things you could do without being in the confines of a dungeon? So necros had some aggro and fearkiting options, rootrotting, etc., that aren't really available in high-end kunark and velious content.

You nailed it. I started playing like, a month before Luclin came out, so most of my memories are from that period.

Tecmos Deception
10-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Bump! Gonna be streaming tonight, probably starting around 7 eastern! Probably soloing HS or seb, maybe duo with Drumas if he is on, maybe doing something bigger with A-Team if we have the people on.

Excited to actually have a few hours straight to sit down and play for the first time in a while! :)

Tecmos Deception
10-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Starting stream now, just not sure what I'm going to do yet.