PDA

View Full Version : Shaman 6 - What to do with 80pp

Cromagnon
08-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Hello everyone, first time playing EQ and have some doubts about itens for a shaman lvl 6, still using targ shield and Iron cudgel without any armor. What i should buy with 80pp?

I appreciate any help

Estu
08-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Full suit of banded.

Cromagnon
08-20-2013, 10:51 PM
only 79 STR (with buff), i can support all this weight?

evan1612
08-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Full suit of banded.

I too am a low level shaman with around that much gold to spend, I'm a lvl 10 Barbarian shammy with some good strength(didnt put any points into it of course) so banded sounds awesome, but I'm wondering how many levels that will last me before I need to start worrying about new gear?

ManticSquee
08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
I think most say to about 30?

Estu
08-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Banded's great until you can quest your own totemic at ~30, which greatly ups the AC. I guess you went iksar shaman if your strength is so abysmal. I dunno how much it weighs - you can see the equipment weights on the wiki, though. Also, even if you do go overweight now, you will have better strength buffs in the future.

Cromagnon
08-21-2013, 12:41 PM
thanks everyone!

Zeonick
08-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Full banded usually runs 91pp, but you might be able to get a good deal. It's by far the best investment for that amount of money.

Cromagnon
08-23-2013, 11:42 PM
prices on wiki.project1999 are trusty?

thinking in get a black iron girdle and wraith bone hammer

SamwiseRed
08-23-2013, 11:44 PM
you can easily level to 34 and beyond completely naked. id save pp for spells until you know you have extra then buy a weapon, some banded, and some hp rings. shaman is seriously easy mode.

JackFlash
08-23-2013, 11:53 PM
you can easily level to 34 and beyond completely naked. id save pp for spells until you know you have extra then buy a weapon, some banded, and some hp rings. shaman is seriously easy mode.
^^

Cromagnon
08-24-2013, 11:32 AM

Until monday i think i can get more 50~60pp selling bone chips stacks. Spending 91pp in a banded Armor Set and be left more 90pp to buy spells and a good weapon.(based on wiki.project1999 prices)

The great problem is; Hitting 1, 1, 2, miss, miss, miss, 3, miss, 6, miss...blue mobs give me serious problems and grays is far out of my limits, i know this game is hard but is little bit frustating solo in some moments without any item.

TAllen82
08-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Find a group, keep a group, until about 24, then start soloing again, if that's really what you want to do.

NegaStoat
08-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I'd suggest the lightest banded armor that your race can handle (all slots but belt), and get a pair of derv rings, a thick leather apron (15-20pp max), a chitin shell shield or bark shield (25-40 pp max), and a solid but cheap magic 1h as your starting gear goal. Even if AC is working a bit wonky on the server, filling out your slots for as cheap as possible for a solid AC rating is a good plan.

A Beetle Stinger is 120-150pp max, is a very respectable piercer and a superb range slot item for later use.

Brell's Keg Popper is 100pp max, all Shaman races can use it, and its ratio is pretty rock solid at level 11 on up. It's a pretty good 1h blunt all the way around compared to other 1h blunt choices when looking over the cheap price range.

For more cheap but light AC, the Lumberjack's cap at 40-50pp is kinda sorta really worth it, considering how much use you'd get out of it early on since getting a Totemic or Mystic Scale hat is a much longer term goal.

Bone chips sell. Because of the Kaladim turn-in quest, they always sell.

Cromagnon
08-25-2013, 12:27 AM
I'd suggest the lightest banded armor that your race can handle (all slots but belt), and get a pair of derv rings, a thick leather apron (15-20pp max), a chitin shell shield or bark shield (25-40 pp max), and a solid but cheap magic 1h as your starting gear goal. Even if AC is working a bit wonky on the server, filling out your slots for as cheap as possible for a solid AC rating is a good plan.

A Beetle Stinger is 120-150pp max, is a very respectable piercer and a superb range slot item for later use.

Brell's Keg Popper is 100pp max, all Shaman races can use it, and its ratio is pretty rock solid at level 11 on up. It's a pretty good 1h blunt all the way around compared to other 1h blunt choices when looking over the cheap price range.

For more cheap but light AC, the Lumberjack's cap at 40-50pp is kinda sorta really worth it, considering how much use you'd get out of it early on since getting a Totemic or Mystic Scale hat is a much longer term goal.

Bone chips sell. Because of the Kaladim turn-in quest, they always sell.

200pp now, banded armor set (without helm and chest, actually using burynai chest) 68pp, thinking in buy wraith bone hammer that appears cheaper based on wiki (50~75pp), this hat looks really cool and tomorrow I'll search on auction chat, if all prices correspond will be left over 25~30pp to save or buy one of these shields.

Thanks everyone for the tips and sorry for my english!

Wiery
08-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips and sorry for my english!

Your English is better than most native speakers, myself included!

gotrocks
09-01-2013, 08:13 AM
i love these "i have xx (less than 100)pp what should i spend it on?" threads, lol.

80pp? Spend it on food and spells.

If it's really burning a hole in your pocket, at lvl 6, buy your spells up through lvl 19. Then worry about gear.

Tbh if you have to buy gear, get full banded. You should be able to buy a full setfor 80pp. Get a weapon with your next 80p (wraithbone sounds like a good buy).

You'll benefit far more from all that AC than you would from 6ac 5sta girdle and wraithbone. Trust me, i have an iksar shaman too.

Dragonmist
09-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Yea save it for spells or Alchemy unless you plan on soloing alot you should be fine running as a nekkid n00b goodluck.