PDA

View Full Version : Characters moving to accounts

Ketu Garyx
08-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Dear Wonderful p99 staff

I own two accounts (from back when it was legal to sell characters) so that I could have my druid on another to sell him, long ago, in days of yore when such things were legal. Now that this is no longer a possibility, is there anyway to move him to the account with the rest of my characters on it? It is simply easier to switch characters this way rather than just backing all of the way out.

If not, no big deal! Just thought I would ask.

Thank you.

I apologize if this is on the wrong forum, I didn't know where to put it.

Ephi
08-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Definitely the wrong forum, next time drop it in petitions.

That said, we don't move characters around on accounts anymore. :( Too much room for scamming and manipulation.

Ketu Garyx
08-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Sorry about that with the wrong forum, no problem man, i just thought I would ask!

Swish
08-18-2013, 04:21 AM
It takes effort but the best way to play is to make an account for every character you play...and maybe just have a mule on one of the accounts.

I wish I'd done it for one of mine :p

Dragonmist
08-18-2013, 10:29 AM
What Swish said is right. Makes it lot more effective and you dont have to make but one choice at a time instead of trying to decide which chartacter to play alts can get addictive fast heh...

zanderklocke
08-18-2013, 11:12 AM
My advice is don't put characters on the same account. If one character dies, you can log to a different account and not have your rez timer tick down. Rez timers tick down if you play characters on the same account.

Only benefit I see to having characters on the same account is being able to switch characters faster which would only really maybe matter if you had to log to different characters at different raid targets or something.

Ravager
08-18-2013, 11:35 AM
I certainly wouldn't mind being able to consolidate all of my chars to one account now that account sales are banned. Only reason I ever had them on separate accounts was in the event I ever got sick enough of an alt and decided to sell it (which oddly never happened). It'd just be easier to keep track of all my crap if I could put it all on one account. Too bad there isn't an option for this on EQ Emu.

Cecily
08-18-2013, 12:19 PM
I definitely prefer having my rogue and druid on the same account for exactly the reason Zander mentioned. 30 seconds to switch for raids is amazing. Just starting to use different accounts and it's annoying. Shared rez timers suck but I don't really die all that much anymore.

Kevynne
08-18-2013, 12:38 PM
It takes effort but the best way to play is to make an account for every character you play...and maybe just have a mule on one of the accounts.

I wish I'd done it for one of mine :p

idontbuff
08-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Bunch of nonsense, put as many as you want one one account. Its just a preference, you're not going to get anything out of them being separated that actually matters. Unless you are that type that pretends a friend is at your house playing another account etc.

Oh, and for those people tryin to sell accounts, lol to that one though.