PDA

View Full Version : So what happens...

bigups43
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
So what happens when velious gets finished up, the server shuts down?

guineapig
11-25-2009, 05:13 PM
I would imagine once everyone has at least 2-3 max level characters with awesome raid gear, etc... the debate about Luclin will commence.

It should be like a year before we're at that point though.

Just a guess...

Bigcountry23
11-25-2009, 05:14 PM
considering that there were aspects of Velious that were "unbeatable" before SoL, I don't know if that will actually happen.

Aeolwind
11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
considering that there were aspects of Velious that were "unbeatable" before PoP, I don't know if that will actually happen.

Which ones? Every mob in Velious had been cleared on Emarr by no later than mid luclin....

Aeolwind
11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
the debate about Luclin will commence.

Short debate...No.

Bigcountry23
11-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Which ones? Every mob in Velious had been cleared on Emarr by no later than mid luclin....

Bah, forgot about SoL. Kept thinking PoP followed SoV.

Aeolwind
11-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Bah, forgot about SoL. Kept thinking PoP followed SoV.

NP dude. You just had me in a panic lol. Custom content is still up for debate. But AA, and other stupid luclin "improvements" won't make that plate most likely. Primarily because AA were dumb.

While I don't like the word never: POK, Nexus = Never. Gunthak & Frogs = Never. Vah Shir = Never.

Halladar
11-25-2009, 06:04 PM

Sleeper?

Falisaty
11-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Sleeper?

The million doller question!!!!

Bushwick
11-25-2009, 08:27 PM
How about the server switches over to a Zek ruleset and we make our own content?

Goobles
11-25-2009, 08:39 PM
How about the server switches over to a Zek ruleset and we make our own content?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/RiddlN/issue.jpg

Dabamf
11-25-2009, 09:12 PM
considering that there were aspects of Velious that were "unbeatable" before SoL, I don't know if that will actually happen.
A couple guilds killed AoW just before luclin was released. Everything in the game was beatable before the next expansion.

The sleeper doesn't count. It wasn't an encounter, it was a "destroy everything that exists" script.

Aeolwind
11-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Da'kor on emarr released him first amongst all, but they reset the script cause he wasn't well, scripted, nor did he have a model at that point, he was a giant human.

Jify
11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Can we include Vex Thal and Seru?

omg <3 those zones.

drplump
11-25-2009, 11:08 PM
I think the best way to handle running out of content is to try to keep the game as classic as possible. This doesn't mean we cannot use any of the new zones it just means dont add gay crap like AAs and the PoK. It would be interesting to see how a bunch of level 60s can handle content made for higher levels.

Zithax
11-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Custom content would be amazing. The only problem would be capturing the art style of classic zones, while attempting to generate new content. Writing official (on any basis) EQ lore is one of my dreams actually, and let me be the first to volunteer to do so for this project -- if the circumstances / playerbase / devs wanted it so. Once again, recapturing the same art style would be absolutely essential at making or breaking any shot at custom content here.

Bannedfornoreason
11-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Probly wont be any custom content. I think we should just do a wipe after we all agree on it. Maybe we can get more players for the next go around.

Goobles
11-25-2009, 11:19 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/RiddlN/QQ.jpg

Reiker
11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
There are people who exist who didn't think AAs were great?

Caelor
11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I'd like to see a wipe about a year after velious is released. By then, even the casuals should have had chance to try out the content.

Takon
11-25-2009, 11:36 PM
There are people who exist who didn't think AAs were great?

Manaburn was fun as shit on RZ!

Somekid123
11-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Does this even need to be discussed right now? Kunark isnt even out and is very buggy from what I hear, no reason to think about whats after Velious...

Jinkeybhoy
11-26-2009, 12:41 AM
And the good news is we don't have to worry about it for a couple years at least.

But while we're on the issue, I'd like to throw out there that I quite liked PoP. Bar PoK books, it wasn't half bad as an expansion. PoP was meant to be EQ's true endgame...

Jify
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I want to do the PoJ trials again

And I want to go through re-flagging for elemental planes.. Wait.. no.. 8(

bopice
11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I want it to stop at velious . Yes I love classic eq.

Yes AA's helped ruin the game. Luclin = the day Everquest died to me.

Just wondering why lustrous russet armor isn't taken out? On the time line it was suppose to be taken out with Crysosilk but i have no idea.

guineapig
11-28-2009, 02:03 PM
And the good news is we don't have to worry about it for a couple years at least.

But while we're on the issue, I'd like to throw out there that I quite liked PoP. Bar PoK books, it wasn't half bad as an expansion. PoP was meant to be EQ's true endgame...

I agree, PoP really did feel like an endgame expansion... Had it been, I wouldn't have quit when I did.

Torrinn
11-28-2009, 07:09 PM
If we're voting, my vote goes to adding custom content but keeping that content appropriate to a classic setting. The rewards have to be either equal to or slightly better than what was available in classic but no gear that it is so juiced up that soloing dragons becomes possible.

Opening up slightly newer expansion might be reasonable if those aspects that radically altered gameplay or caused all gear from previous expansions to be relegated to pet toys were removed like say, Luclin without Nexus Scions but with custom Luclin ports available for Druids and Wizzies. Elimination of the Bazaar would also be in order since it allows easy access to later gear that is overpowering in an old world setting. If someone wants to sell or buy these items let them do it face to face to keep some sense of community. It slows down the number of these items that filter down into older content keeping the game fair for everyone. Setting up a sell bot while they sleep or play on another account takes away from the community and was one of the reasons why Luclin was so bad.

PoP, you're getting into dangerous territory as that was the expansion that really started having overpowering gear showing up in the hands of noobs. PoK also made most port spells obsolete and eliminated much of the hunt and search aspect when looking for spells and tradeskill supplies, so PoP is probably not a good idea to open up at all and anything after that is definitely out of bounds.

(If you wanted to do custom content and ran out of zones in the old world to put it in, then opening up a later expansion solely for the reason of repopulating the zones with new mobs, quests, etc might also be acceptable, keeping the new content appropriate as mentioned above)

Torrinn
11-28-2009, 07:20 PM
I'd like to see a wipe about a year after velious is released. By then, even the casuals should have had chance to try out the content.

The day I come back to a server wipe is the day I quit this server and I'm sure a lot of others would, too. Work your way up to 60 with all the best gear for your class, log in next day and you're back to creating a new character because all your hard work is gone? That's B.S.

Danth
11-28-2009, 08:34 PM
On the other hand, the day will come when you walk away, anyway. This thread isn't discussing next week, or even next month.

Danth

tycho100
11-29-2009, 12:12 AM
The reason I think this server is a) great, and b) unusual is that it doesn't slide into the custom content or expansion-crazy Live version - it says (and rightly so) "the original game had something that EQ lost somewhere along the line of 15 expansions". It would be a shame to sell that vision short by piling on stuff until we don't recognise it any more. If you hit the level cap, and have raided everything - reroll a new class and try doing things differently.

Personally, if it were up to me (which it isn't I know) I would like to see just EQ classic and Kunark, but that's it, with spare time spent polishing it into a bug-free state with all the quests and mobs working rather than seeing new custom content.

someguy
11-29-2009, 12:36 AM
custom content as in - not nerfing certain things, steering clear of the faults that verant made would be best. IE simply not removing manastone, de mask, gem encrusted ring ect. adding a huge clockwork dragon in steamfont maybe? ;d

girth
11-29-2009, 02:59 AM
/agree Reiker

I loved AAs because it was something to do after max level with less than a raid.

cassaruby
11-29-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah how about the next expansion won't be released until the players help fix 99% of the bugs mwahahah on the previous expansion