PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Warping Mob Movement

dunevenker
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
As an aoe kiting Bard, my way of killing is very dangerous. Getting close to mobs, but just out of range when I run by them can be painful and counter productive. With that being said, I have still managed to pull it off since about lvl 10, starting with wisps in NK. I recently farmed Halfling guards for 8 hours, 4 full levels and never died from it. But now I am on to new pastures and consider myself quite the veteran at aoe kiting. My new target of choice? KaladimCitizens!

After an initial failed attempt I couldn't figure out what the issue was. I don't normally die as much as when I first started, but I attributed it to other factors like lag, etc. But now... after 6 failed attempts and paying much more closer attention and asking several people who are kiting, I have confirmed that the mobs in ButcherBlock, not just the dwarves, but all the mobs tend to warp 2-3 relative feet every few seconds and then you have the big warps of 15 or so feet, followed by an immediate death.

I have checked everything I could. My ping is well within kiting range. I tried other mobs in other zones and have had no issues, it just seems to be ButcherBlock. Is this normal?

Lanvaren
07-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I have noticed some mobs *jump* - like actually jump - much like players can do to get away from mobs, they'll do it to get closer to you.

Also, the range of PBAoE songs has been reduced while the attack range of mobs has been increased.

I've managed to swarmkite in that fashion in BB before, but not the citizens/guards, which in my experience are the types of mobs that tend to jump.

dunevenker
07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
When was pbaoe range nerfed?
and when did they increase mob melee range?

This isn't like classic at all.