PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Combine Containers Should Eat Improper Combinations

Ele
08-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Currently, combine containers will not combine if an improper recipe is in the container. This functionality was not included in the game until Post Velious with the April 4, 2001 patch.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010404.html

We've made a change to 'combine' containers. In order to prevent people from accidentally destroying items, all containers with a 'combine' button will not combine any items that do not form a complete recipe. This will be a huge boon to craftspeople all across Norrath. But this removes the only drawback to using trade containers as backpacks. Their reduced weight and often greater carrying capacity made them more desirable as bags, with the compensating risk that you might just lose something if you made a mistake.

We will be increasing the weight of portable 'combine' containers somewhat. Where some of these containers weighed under 1 pound, they will now weigh as much as 4 pounds for the largest sewing kit.

Along with this we are making a change to tailor made backpacks. In case you didn't know, most tailor made packs have a built in weight reduction of 5%. We are raising that to 10%. We will also be displaying the weight reduction of all containers with the information shown on a right click.

heartbrand
08-14-2013, 03:12 PM
This change would ruin the lives of the staff here who unclassically reimburse the majority of failed quests etc.

Legend
08-15-2013, 12:43 AM
This change would ruin the lives of the staff here who unclassically reimburse the majority of failed quests etc.

and restore corpses that rot after there loot timer runs out

Stinkum
08-15-2013, 12:32 PM

and restore corpses that rot after there loot timer runs out

Not that I don't believe you, but is there any citation for this?

Legend
08-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Not that I don't believe you, but is there any citation for this?

the fact that on live, if your corpse decay timer expired you couldnt just pm a gm to restore your corpse with gear, then what is the point of corpse rot timers? rez already has a timer, so does your corpse

i you to see people qq all the time in ec back in the day their corpse rotted

Ele
09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
bump, nom nom nom

cyryllis
09-20-2013, 02:15 PM
eh, I actually got 2 character corpses recovered on live weeks after they rotted

kaev
09-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Please do NOT do this until/unless you have implemented and verified a fix for the client/server sync issue when multiple items are returned on cursor. There would be absolutely no way for a GM to determine whether a player was bullshitting or was the victim of the bug.

See my description of the bug in this thread http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119395

Again, while Ele is correct about how faulty combines should eat ingredients at this point in the timeline (happened to me more than twice back in the day, crafting with tired eyes was a very bad plan), this would be a very bad "fix" to implement while the bug I've outlined is still occurring.