PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Questing (MQing) and CSR Support

Ephi
08-10-2013, 11:42 AM
CSR Staff will no longer be supporting Multi-Questing of any kind or any form, including epic quests. This means we will not reimburse for an MQ gone wrong, regardless of whether or not the correct items were turned in using the correct order.

Multi-questing from this point forward should be considered "at your own risk," as it was on live. Please do not petition the CSR staff in game or on the petitions forum when an MQ goes awry. We will not assist.

Edit: The staff does not plan on doing away with MQing entirely. If you feel an MQ quest is bugged, or a quest needs MQ support, you should still report it (in the Bugs forum).

trinkets
08-10-2013, 12:11 PM
What if this happened before this announcement was made?

Ephi
08-10-2013, 12:14 PM
What if this happened before this announcement was made?

Any MQ-based petition with a creation date before this thread will be handed normally.

Tiggles
08-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Any MQ-based petition with a creation date before this thread will be handed normally.

Will quests still be coded for MQ availability during velious as per live?

Swish
08-10-2013, 12:33 PM
There's hope for the server yet...

Llodd
08-10-2013, 12:36 PM

We can hope not, but I'm sure they will.

Ephi
08-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Keep RnF in RnF.

Llodd
08-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I think there must be crossed wires here. When i said "i'm sure they will" it means i'm sure mq will be coded into velious cuz, well, shits classic. I can hope they won't for many many reasons none of which make the game easier.

And i see you're not one of that crowd, so apologies.

Chill dude. Not everyone that disagrees with anything is always whining.

Faerie
08-10-2013, 01:01 PM
This server keeps getting better and better. Now once PvP teams are coded in, this emu will be the best MMO out there lol.

Ephi
08-10-2013, 01:09 PM

Per nilbog, yes.

Ephi
08-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Added the following to the original announcement:

Edit: The staff does not plan on doing away with MQing entirely. If you feel an MQ quest is bugged, or a quest needs MQ support, you should still report it (in the Bugs forum).

NGHpnotiq
08-10-2013, 01:56 PM
So Blatant scams around Multi-questing will just go unpunished?

Pringles
08-10-2013, 02:05 PM
So Blatant scams around Multi-questing will just go unpunished?

This is the first thing that came to my mind as well - can we get clarification on this?

Tecmos Deception
08-10-2013, 02:18 PM
They didn't say scamming would go unpunished. They said the risk of a MQ gone bad is on the purchaser. I.e. they won't reimburse you money you gave to a scammer or items you lost in a botched MQ attempt, but they aren't going to be letting scammers take over the server with a bunch of level 1 alts all trying to sell ranger/druid/wizard/necro/mage/whatever epic MQs in EC all day long either.

Pringles
08-10-2013, 02:28 PM
sure but it seems easy "ok i turned in my piece, go ahead and turn in yours. oh what, you didnt get the quest reward? huh thats odd, whelp! good luck!"

Ephi
08-10-2013, 03:01 PM
This is the first thing that came to my mind as well - can we get clarification on this?
sure but it seems easy "ok i turned in my piece, go ahead and turn in yours. *oh what, you didnt get the quest reward? *huh thats odd, whelp! *good luck!"

If you think you were scammed petition. CSR staff should be happy to verify if the correct items were turned in.

Thulack
08-10-2013, 03:15 PM
If you think you were scammed petition. CSR staff should be happy to verify if the correct items were turned in.

So every time someone messes up a MQ they will petition saying they thought they were scammed. Will you then look and say "yes all items where handed in just in wrong order your lose" or will you say " Yes they were handed in wrong order" and fix it? If the latter then whats the point in even saying you dont approve and if the first then no class that can use the final item from a MQ will ever find a buyer for that MQ because they could just hand in the item after you and get the finished product and you wouldnt do anything about it.

NGHpnotiq
08-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Another important question- Will people looting MQ items over people who actually need them be frowned upon now? IE Pipes for Monk epic? Or will that greedy fuckery still be allowed for the most part?

Thulack
08-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Another important question- Will people looting MQ items over people who actually need them be frowned upon now? IE Pipes for Monk epic? Or will that greedy fuckery still be allowed for the most part?

Thats a morals and personal thing. I would never let someone loot a pipe if there was a monk there. But if no one there needs then go for it.

NGHpnotiq
08-10-2013, 03:36 PM
I haven't gotten my Monk into KC/Chardok yet but I hear horror stories of how greedy people are over MQ'able items like that. Just curious if the Staff has an official stance on that and/or if that stance is changed with the new policy not supporting MQ'ing

Thulack
08-10-2013, 03:46 PM
They cant tell people what they can and can't loot. So a stance would be pointless. I'm pretty sure they rather pieces go to toons who could actually use then but they cant mandate it.

Tecmos Deception
08-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I haven't gotten my Monk into KC/Chardok yet but I hear horror stories of how greedy people are over MQ'able items like that. Just curious if the Staff has an official stance on that and/or if that stance is changed with the new policy not supporting MQ'ing

There's no need to be concerned with "horror stories" about pugs who don't give a crap about people they don't know or about the staff policing the server with PnP. Just go kill doggie bodyguards with a few friends, and you'll have no problems (and more fun). GG.

Ephi
08-10-2013, 04:03 PM
So every time someone messes up a MQ they will petition saying they thought they were scammed. Will you then look and say "yes all items where handed in just in wrong order your lose" or will you say " Yes they were handed in wrong order" and fix it? If the latter then whats the point in even saying you dont approve and if the first then no class that can use the final item from a MQ will ever find a buyer for that MQ because they could just hand in the item after you and get the finished product and you wouldnt do anything about it.

Way to take a simple concept and drastically overcomplicate it.

Scamming != People screwing up. If you think you were scammed (i.e. the player told you he had an item he did not), petition. If either one of you screws up then you are, by definition, screwed.

Ephi
08-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Furthermore, I'm always frustrated at some people who try and make this an "If A then B" concept for everything the CSR staff does.

Guess what? We're humans, and no matter how much we add a rule for A and B, someone will attempt to abuse it. The CSR staff is also pretty smart, and can help dissect a situation and make an intelligent decision.

GM discretion. It's a beautiful thing.

Messie
08-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Furthermore, I'm always frustrated at some people who try and make this an "If A then B" concept for everything the CSR staff does.

Guess what? We're humans, and no matter how much we add a rule for A and B, someone will attempt to abuse it. The CSR staff is also pretty smart, and can help dissect a situation and make an intelligent decision.

don't worry Ephi, there are many forum users just like me, who read your statements and appreciate them. we just dont post often. troll will be trolls, the real community gives you a thumbs up. and that goes to all gms not just you!

aubie
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm confused. IF, "the correct items were turned in using the correct order.", why would there need to be a petition? Is there any instance of a quest not working when that happens? If so, then it needs to be addressed as a bug with no relation to MQ.

Or are you trying to say MQ's will no longer work as intended? (or As intended, MQ's will no longer work?) See the difference?

Thulack
08-10-2013, 05:08 PM

If anything you should be happy people come up with "what A then B" concepts that way you can figure out what the answer is before you actually have it happen. Just saying my example will be used plenty. Good luck though hope it works out for the server.

baloen
08-10-2013, 05:15 PM
don't worry Ephi, there are many forum users just like me, who read your statements and appreciate them. we just dont post often. troll will be trolls, the real community gives you a thumbs up. and that goes to all gms not just you!

^^^^ This

Widan
08-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Why not just get rid of it altogether?

The same thing that happened with account trading is going to happen here, i.e. more and more people scamming until it's outright banned. Why don't we just skip the scamming part this time? Scammers aren't going to care even if you do go after them because they will just be low level characters without any ties auctioning fake MQ's, just like they did with account trades.

Langrisser
08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Great change and great idea! Thank you Deus Ex Machina. Guess I should go take my meds, huh naysayers :)

Thulack
08-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Why not just get rid of it altogether?

The same thing that happened with account trading is going to happen here, i.e. more and more people scamming until it's outright banned. Why don't we just skip the scamming part this time? Scammers aren't going to care even if you do go after them because they will just be low level characters without any ties auctioning fake MQ's, just like they did with account trades.

trading accounts isnt classic thats why it was finally banned. MQing is classic.

Faerie
08-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Great change and great idea! Thank you Deus Ex Machina. Guess I should go take my meds, huh naysayers :)

You should really take that up with your doctors. I'm all for epic MQs being impossible, but us forum trolls are not medical professionals. Be safe.

Langrisser
08-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Please stay on topic and thank you for your well wishing!!! I'll kill you soon in game.

Faerie
08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Please stay on topic and thank you for your well wishing!!! I'll kill you soon in game.

At 4 pages in, aren't we beyond the concept of topics? I look forward to seeing you in game :)

Don't think I will be easy on you because we agree about multiquesting. You will die; don't fool yourself :P

Langrisser
08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
See you soon!

Also, does this mean we can stand at the turn in NPC's and hand in our own items to get the quest off a MQ'r? Sounds like it. Prepare to be thwarted, all hands on deck. I'd put See Invis and a /who before I turn in. Cause its a good plan.

Faerie
08-10-2013, 08:42 PM
See you soon!

Also, does this mean we can stand at the turn in NPC's and hand in our own items to get the quest off a MQ'r? Sounds like it. Prepare to be thwarted, all hands on deck. I'd put See Invis and a /who before I turn in. Cause its a good plan.

Lol, the fact that you explain any of this bodes terribly for you. Some advice:

Make a hotkey bound to turning left and right that does: /who all Faerie

You will need it, bluebie :P

Widan
08-10-2013, 08:54 PM
trading accounts isnt classic thats why it was finally banned. .

This is false but more importantly has nothing to do with my post. Please stay on topic.

Colgate
08-11-2013, 12:28 AM
less GM intervention is a good thing

Thulack
08-11-2013, 08:59 AM
This is false but more importantly has nothing to do with my post. Please stay on topic.

My statement was in response the FIRST sentence in your post. And openly legally trading accounts was not classic after a few months of the servers being up.

Jepaxis
08-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Could cut down on scamming if the NPC said the item(s) it's handed.

Phantasm
08-20-2013, 07:21 AM
would you still be allowed to MQ for your own toons ? If something were to go awry would you still be denied /petition for MQ ?

SamwiseRed
10-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Lol, the fact that you explain any of this bodes terribly for you. Some advice:

Make a hotkey bound to turning left and right that does: /who all Faerie

You will need it, bluebie :P

faeries last post. RIP