1-50 50%
51-60 35%

yes

Tradesonred
08-05-2013, 10:00 AM
1-50 50%
51-60 35%

yes

We know you like 10 people average boxes cuz its so hardcore chewie but...

Gustoo
08-05-2013, 10:53 AM
EXP bonus is already huge.

Whatever the "rate" of the bonus was, I went from getting 1% exp per kill at level 57 to 1.5% exp.

1% again will be okay. Grind still sucks.

Tradesonred
08-05-2013, 11:02 AM
EXP bonus is already huge.

Whatever the "rate" of the bonus was, I went from getting 1% exp per kill at level 57 to 1.5% exp.

1% again will be okay. Grind still sucks.

Its just obvious

Better xp: population gain

Xp nerfed back to regular: 30-50 people box

What im saying is keep Kunark like it was before the bonus, and make 1-50 a bit speedier so new people are encouraged to stick around, and vets encouraged to play alts.

Not gonna make it into a crusade like i did for xp loss, its pretty flagrant that doing this would help the server gain some population. Then again devs probably dont play on the server, so maybe they dont give a fuck if theres 30 or 300 people playing.

Bazia
08-05-2013, 11:38 AM
way too much exp atm, could easily be 50 in 5 days, 60 in 2 weeks casually

Swish
08-05-2013, 01:50 PM
way too much exp atm, could easily be 50 in 5 days, 60 in 2 weeks casually

Why do we level to 52+? Access to a decent amount of PvP.

Hold people on "standard" XP and watch new players not do the grind to 60, particularly if they're trialling it from having estabished toons on blue.

Faerie
08-05-2013, 02:52 PM
XP isn't being nerfed back to "regular". The devs already seem to have adopted the Buddhist philosophy of "middle way" by going with the 150% xp modifier, which will not be reverted.

The population increase over the weekend can largely be attributed to the fact that the experience increase was only temporary. People were expecting this, and many people that don't usually log in did so to level up some alts (Nihilum) or mains. If the 300% bonus had stayed in, we probably would have seen a gradual population increase followed by a sharp decline once all the curious bluebies found themselves griefed and the Nihilum alts hit 60.

Any good MMOs, including EQ, are about building relationships. Good friends and good enemies are what keep people logging in, and those are found largely in the leveling game in EQ. If blue had a 300% xp bonus from the start, I guarantee that it wouldn't be able to come anywhere near a 1,000 person population.

This isn't VZTZ; this is classic EQ.

Tradesonred
08-05-2013, 06:12 PM
XP isn't being nerfed back to "regular". The devs already seem to have adopted the Buddhist philosophy of "middle way" by going with the 150% xp modifier, which will not be reverted.

The population increase over the weekend can largely be attributed to the fact that the experience increase was only temporary. People were expecting this, and many people that don't usually log in did so to level up some alts (Nihilum) or mains. If the 300% bonus had stayed in, we probably would have seen a gradual population increase followed by a sharp decline once all the curious bluebies found themselves griefed and the Nihilum alts hit 60.

Any good MMOs, including EQ, are about building relationships. Good friends and good enemies are what keep people logging in, and those are found largely in the leveling game in EQ. If blue had a 300% xp bonus from the start, I guarantee that it wouldn't be able to come anywhere near a 1,000 person population.

Yes, that is why we saw...

Faerie, youre an idiot.

SamwiseRed
08-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I think the recent pop explosion is a good indictator of what the people want. I hope the current xp bonus is continued. If it must be lowered then at least down to 200%.

Stasis01
08-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Faerie must be a troll, or stuck back in 99 when any of that wall of shit he wrote was true.

aborted
08-05-2013, 08:48 PM

think positive :)

runlvlzero
08-05-2013, 08:51 PM

Don't decieve us and yourself you want it to be TZ teams, which is closer to VZ/TZ

Eazzy
08-05-2013, 10:28 PM
all hail rogaine, xp bonus stays!

Faerie
08-05-2013, 10:30 PM
think positively :)

I try to, but sometimes it's hard lol.

Don't decieve us and yourself you want it to be TZ teams, which is closer to VZ/TZ

No idea what you're trying to say here.

runlvlzero
08-05-2013, 11:13 PM
You post a lot about wanting custom rules all over the place.

Faerie
08-05-2013, 11:26 PM
What is TZ teams? You mean the softcoded teams that were on TZ and VZ? How is what I want close to VZTZ? VZTZ was a FFA server with a huge xp bonus, and I have no idea what their resists were like. I'd really like a server with SZ-like teams, slow (classic) xp and slightly more balanced than classic resists. Very not VZTZ.

Everyone has their dream server PvP ruleset though, and it's fun to fantasize.

Tradesonred
08-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks Rogean!

This will mean a healthier pop im sure

runlvlzero
08-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Yeah glad to see exp mostly intact, feels good killing random mobs without grinding self destructively

captincrust
08-06-2013, 02:47 PM
I think this is a GREAT idea - I would make the xp stop flowing more like lvl 30/40 tho. Raiding isnt the only reason to play but 1-30 is really just tutorial mode.

SamwiseRed
08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
1-51 is tutorial here