PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to level past Blackburrow?

Laledorie
07-30-2013, 09:25 PM
So to give a little background... I originally played a Druid on the Fennin Ro server back in the olden days of original EQ. I was a pretty casual player and most of my in game friends were all much higher level than I was. So when I did get in the mood to go out and level, I always had someone there helping me. I never really had to go out there in the world and make it on my own.

Having said all of that, I've just started playing P99 about a week ago. I've managed to get to level 14 solo, mostly with the help of the crazy exp from gnoll fangs. But the exp from that is starting to slow and I'm realizing that I won't be able to rely on that much longer. This is pretty much my first time leveling up a toon on my own so I'm wondering, where do you go to level after BB? I did check out the "Ultimate Leveling Guide While Making Money" and I think it's a great guide, but as a newbie I don't see myself trekking across the world to get to Lesser Faydark to kill Nybright Sisters.

Any suggestions on where to level would be much appreciated! =)

Estu
07-30-2013, 09:30 PM
First, you can get anywhere you want by asking politely for ports. Distance is not an issue.

Second, as a druid, the fastest EXP you can get will be by charming animals, which you can start at level 14 in EK. There are guides in this forum on how to do that.

Third, you should really try and find groups, because that's kind of the point of EQ. If you wanna group up, Unrest is a great place to go at your level.

Laledorie
07-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you Estu! That's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. I'll be sure to check through the forum too! =)

liveitup1216
07-31-2013, 04:25 AM
Oasis is usually a popular spot to level from 12-20 so easy to find a group. Bonus is you can charm crocs to solo if need be.

Estu
07-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Oasis is usually a popular spot to level from 12-20 so easy to find a group. Bonus is you can charm crocs to solo if need be.

You don't get dungeon ZEM, though.

fishingme
07-31-2013, 10:29 AM
I'd go to unrest, you'll be able to solo, get an MR group, and a high level may come in give you crack/buffs if you ask.

liveitup1216
07-31-2013, 03:57 PM
You don't get dungeon ZEM, though.

Sometimes steady xp is better than ZEM exp off the 5 spawns you manage to find in 45 minutes.

Laledorie
07-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys! This is great! ^.^ I do however have another newbie question... What is ZEM exp? >.<

BiscuitBandito
07-31-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys! This is great! ^.^ I do however have another newbie question... What is ZEM exp? >.<

Zone Experience Modifier (http://wiki.project1999.org/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List). Link goes to handy list in the wiki, though it may not 100% reflect true ZEM on the server.

Laledorie
07-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Zone Experience Modifier (http://wiki.project1999.org/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List). Link goes to handy list in the wiki, though it may not 100% reflect true ZEM on the server.

Very cool, thank you! =)

phobus
08-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Bandits in WK are pretty good for a couple more levels. They drop sashes that can be turned for good money in Qeynos via this quest (http://wiki.project1999.org/Bandit_Sashes).

As Estu said, though, charm-killing is the way to go. I'm leveling a baby Druid for fun now and then, and while the stuff in EK is mostly too high at 14 (lots of yellow cons, with the odd dark blue lion or snake thrown in), NK is pretty much perfect. Grizzly bears, wolves, lions, griffawns, and beetles (not charmable, but good targets for your pets) are all good at 14. Just be aware of your surroundings.

Targobaath
08-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Be careful going to unrest because that place is normally packed, and sometimes its hard to get into a group, let alone camp a spot without other camps stealing from you. Dervish camps would be good, you can turn in their rings for exp. But if you can get in a spot there its great to level until you can head to mistmoore in your early 20s. Which unfortunately has the same problem as unrest! Both great spots though.

I really enjoy going to the lesser populated zones, runnyeye, gorge of king xorb. Definitely get out there and enjoy the more obscure places of the world. :D