PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad

Whoop
07-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Is there any rule on this server preventing the use of a gamepad instead of mouse/keyboard? I would like to use my ps3 controller but after login it stops working so I figure i ask to see if somehting is blocking it before I spent to much time tryingn to solve it?

Swish
07-30-2013, 05:35 PM
It's fine...I know someone that plays their enchanter on an XBOX controller (hai Propo), not sure I could do it but he's been doing it for a long time.

Whoop
07-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Damn User Account Controll in windows cost me a few gray ones!

crunkfresh
07-31-2013, 07:02 AM
i was thinking about rigging up my wiimote and trying this out, but it just doesn't lend itself to it very well. mostly because you can't type

HawkMasterson1999
07-31-2013, 09:48 PM
go download xpadder and bask in its infinite glory

A1551
07-31-2013, 11:23 PM
I play all my characters on an xbox 360 gamepad. While I'd prefer doing it all keyboard/mouse an old job left me with fairly limiting repetitive motion injuries that would make EQ unplayable without the controller. It works great for most meelees and kicks butt on my enchanter. The key is using cycle target/closest target lol. That said I've never made it work on a healer of any sort without having to use the keyboard for group targeting (anything on the gamepad to target 6 people quickly is just not intuitive or fast enough).

To clarify I also use a keyboard and mouse-- but I'm able to do probably 95%+ of the character control/actions on the gamepad -- basically anything but typing, inventory management, and the occasional odd action I don't have hotkeyed in some manner.

I wouldn't be comfortable doing it in pvp -- probably get smoked lol.

Anyway, the point is its definitely possible, and honestly while it took a bit of practice I think I play better on my chanter using the gamepad than without it.

HawkMasterson1999
08-01-2013, 01:55 AM
That said I've never made it work on a healer of any sort without having to use the keyboard for group targeting (anything on the gamepad to target 6 people quickly is just not intuitive or fast enough).

Xpadder has a fix for that. Its highly customizable. You can set it up to cycle through your whole group with one key. You would basically make a key that when pressed activates f2 then changes itself to be f3 the next time and f4 the next time and so on untill it comes back to f2. It does take a little practice to learn the program but its the best thing around for game pads.

khanable
08-01-2013, 08:51 AM
People actually play with a gamepad?

Ya'll motherfuckas is cray

Raavak
08-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Everquest w/ Kinect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KiYoyVUwgI)

A1551
08-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Xpadder has a fix for that. Its highly customizable. You can set it up to cycle through your whole group with one key. You would basically make a key that when pressed activates f2 then changes itself to be f3 the next time and f4 the next time and so on untill it comes back to f2. It does take a little practice to learn the program but its the best thing around for game pads.

Yeah I actually do this but it doesn't work really well for healing -- it's not fast enough (tapping a key 5 times to get to one person takes too long in many cases) plus its not that smart -- if you've got a group of 4 people the cycle will still try and highlight the fifth and sixth person. It does work well on my chanter for buffing though

crunkfresh
08-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Everquest w/ Kinect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KiYoyVUwgI)

and here i was thinking I was a gigantic faggot for playing everquest in 2013. one upped again, i suppose

Lojik
08-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah I actually do this but it doesn't work really well for healing -- it's not fast enough (tapping a key 5 times to get to one person takes too long in many cases) plus its not that smart -- if you've got a group of 4 people the cycle will still try and highlight the fifth and sixth person. It does work well on my chanter for buffing though

I thought it worked well on my shaman to have alternate hotkey for targeting group mattress as ctrl+1-6, and make sure you have ctrl alt shift all mapped on the pad.

Lojik
08-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Should say group mates... damn auto correct.