PDA

View Full Version : DDOSers making game unplayable

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 03:35 AM
No kidding, I can't play. There must be a way to track down who's doing it and get some payback...

DukeVonSausage
07-27-2013, 03:36 AM
Patience, their time is coming and very soon.

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 03:43 AM
Died in an out of the way zone to lag, and spawned two continents away. GG.

joe426
07-27-2013, 03:49 AM
Yeah same here. Finally got back into play and just died because of lag. Will it ever get better???

Ele
07-27-2013, 03:52 AM
The timing of the DDoS is superb. Almost as if someone playing knew what was happening and when to execute it.

Marcusar775
07-27-2013, 03:57 AM
hey Tolkien, are u on skullknight forums ?too?

1203jjt
07-27-2013, 04:02 AM
The timing of the DDoS is superb. Almost as if someone playing knew what was happening and when to execute it.

Care to elaborate? Was it during the take down of a certain boss?

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 04:06 AM
hey Tolkien, are u on skullknight forums ?too?

No, not me.

Tiggles
07-27-2013, 04:09 AM

TMO engage Vox DDOS happens we wipe

IB fight vox for 45 minutes no DDOS.

TMO engage Naggy DDOS wipes us immediately

IB engages Naggy no lag, about to wipe to giants then DDOS starts when they disengage.

TMO engages Naggy DDOS happens again DDOS happens we wipe.

IB engages Naggy fights him for 45 minutes no lag.

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 04:10 AM

Im not sure how true this is, because I'm going off what I was told by folks I'm tiggles' stream.

But basically what was said is that TMO and IB raced for naggy. When TMO engaged, ddos starts...they wipe. Then IB engages (allegedly free of lag) but wiped anyway. TmO recovered to make a second attempt and ddos started up again. Could be coincidental but seems highly unlikely that whoever is doing this isn't atleast attempting to target TMO, atleast in this particular instance.

1203jjt
07-27-2013, 04:13 AM
If it's determined that the rest of the server is suffering due to the petty b.s. of the poop socking guilds, then I think a turn-based system has to be implemented to give the different guilds the same chances at contested spawns. I would say a permanent ban of the offending guild, but it would probably just be a matter of time before another guild tried the same nonsense.

confirmed_angry_fat
07-27-2013, 04:14 AM
TMO engage Vox DDOS happens we wipe

IB fight vox for 45 minutes no DDOS.

TMO engage Naggy DDOS wipes us immediately

IB engages Naggy no lag, about to wipe to giants then DDOS starts when they disengage.

TMO engages Naggy DDOS happens again DDOS happens we wipe.

IB engages Naggy fights him for 45 minutes no lag.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1373/tinfoilp.jpg

Kender
07-27-2013, 04:17 AM
if this timing can be backed up with logs then it's clear IB need to be banned permanently

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 04:18 AM
/popcorn

Vianna
07-27-2013, 04:21 AM
Not to be a tinfoil hatter but they were accused of duping on EQmac too...strange all this starts when they get back here.

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 04:22 AM
IB wins, TMO spins

ArumTP
07-27-2013, 04:25 AM
anyone watching tmo repop stream could have actually watched the DDOS attacks happen just like tiggles said. Less tinfoil in the hat than you think~

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 04:25 AM

Im not sure how true this is, because I'm going off what I was told by folks I'm tiggles' stream.

But basically what was said is that TMO and IB raced for naggy. When TMO engaged, ddos starts...they wipe. Then IB engages (allegedly free of lag) but wiped anyway. TmO recovered to make a second attempt and ddos started up again. Could be coincidental but seems highly unlikely that whoever is doing this isn't atleast attempting to target TMO, atleast in this particular instance.

Fountree
07-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Sad to say that whats posted above is true...

You'd think they wouldn't be so obvious about it though :confused:

khanable
07-27-2013, 04:30 AM
I watched the stream. The timings definitely lined up as Tiggles stated.

HOWEVER, to outright accuse IB is fucking stupid. It could very well be some pissed off dickbag that simply wants TMO to fail and is targeting them, indirectly helping IB with Vox and Naggy.

Tiggles
This is the ENTIRE NIGHT recorded and streamed.

http://www.twitch.tv/tigglesp99/b/436557293

Zero lag the entire night until IB and TMO clash and Vox/Naggy and only when TMO engages.

everything is recorded no edits watch the entire thing.

Halfelfbard
Fuckin Lol'd about this, if u cant figure this shit out now ur dense as fuck. Perfectly timed lag.

Razdeline
I'm pretty sure the ddos'er is watching your stream, and probably trolling you every time you guys engage

Tiggles
07-27-2013, 04:31 AM
I watched the stream. The timings definitely lined up as Tiggles stated.

HOWEVER, to outright accuse IB is fucking stupid. It could very well be some pissed off dickbag that simply wants TMO to fail and is targeting them, indirectly helping IB with Vox and Naggy.

if they hated TMO they would of DDOS'd at Trak,VS,Gore,Inny,CT,Draco

Visual
07-27-2013, 04:31 AM
The part that's baffling is everyone says it's preventable and yet nothing is being done to prevent it :p

Krazed
07-27-2013, 04:32 AM
The real test will be to see if DDOS is constant during TMO taking down all other targets that IB has no raid force for. Maybe they will have someone in the zone, watching. Or watching Tiggles stream. Or getting info from a local TMO player in tells.

Assuming IB isn't strong enough anyway? I don't know, personally. Don't know enough about them now.

Tiggles
07-27-2013, 04:34 AM
The real test will be to see if DDOS is constant during TMO taking down all other targets that IB has no raid force for. Maybe they will have someone in the zone, watching. Or watching Tiggles stream. Or getting info from a local TMO player in tells.

Assuming IB isn't strong enough anyway? I don't know, personally. Don't know enough about them now.

They watch my stream hence why I have to turn it off during VP/long raids.

khanable

Valid point I guess

I still think outright claiming they're doing it is jumping the gun a bit

the DDOS'er may have just been late to the party.

t0lkien
The part that's baffling is everyone says it's preventable and yet nothing is being done to prevent it :p

You can't prevent DDOSing. It's becoming a big problem in games in general. You can buy very expensive equipment to mitigate it is all.

Llodd
Would tmo mind not playing for while?

joe426
07-27-2013, 04:36 AM
Would tmo mind not playing for while?

for real im trying to get to level 40 its impossible with this lag

Llodd
07-27-2013, 04:38 AM
Or rather not raid for a while, that ought to do it

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 04:40 AM
They watch my stream hence why I have to turn it off during VP/long raids.

Good idea, we don't like getting ddos'ed either

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 04:41 AM
It's time the community as a whole worked to unmask these assholes IMO. Someone knows.

Ektar
07-27-2013, 04:56 AM
I mean, there was no ddos on vox.. you guys just wiped then we moved in.

naggy was pretty cray-cray tho

Eccezan
07-27-2013, 05:05 AM

Hmmm...No way it could be the IB trash that left the server 2 years ago to go shit on EQ Mac, then cheated there, woke the sleeper, and cried all the way home? (exactly around the same time DDOS starts here)

For those who haven't seen how EQ mac feels about em...
http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12085&start=15

if people don't realize that this same group of assholes is here to purely shit on everyone with there hacks and training...you are about to wake up to a big surprise!

kenzar
07-27-2013, 05:08 AM
This thread is funny and I'd like to see it hit 30 pages. Continue.

fouts85
07-27-2013, 05:10 AM
/popcorn and beer

wwoneo
07-27-2013, 05:12 AM

This is true. There was no lag during vox. You just wiped to the large train you pulled while IB waited outside patiently, then came in and took it... And then during IB's attempt your monks constantly trained them with giants and they still got it. Good going IB.

Eccezan
07-27-2013, 05:16 AM

What does one have to do with the other? Clearly the DDOS'er is either in IB, or an IB sympathizer. I am leaning towards the former since the DDOS'es haven't happened like this until your shit kicker guild came back to the server.

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 05:19 AM
So many bitter, nasty little neckbeards on this server. It's bizarre. Must be something about EQ that attracts them, though I'm not sure what.

wwoneo
07-27-2013, 05:20 AM
What does one have to do with the other? Clearly the DDOS'er is either in IB, or an IB sympathizer. I am leaning towards the former since the DDOS'es haven't happened like this until your shit kicker guild came back to the server.

If IB is DDOSing TMO, then why wouldn't they have done it during Vox? I was watching tiggles stream and it never occured. Doesn't make sense. It's time to put the tin foil hats to rest.

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Hmmm...No way it could be the IB trash that left the server 2 years ago to go shit on EQ Mac, then cheated there, woke the sleeper, and cried all the way home? (exactly around the same time DDOS starts here)

For those who haven't seen how EQ mac feels about em...
http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12085&start=15

if people don't realize that this same group of assholes is here to purely shit on everyone with there hacks and training...you are about to wake up to a big surprise!

That's not the same Relapse that's here is it? What a tool.

Vianna
07-27-2013, 05:36 AM
If IB is DDOSing TMO, then why wouldn't they have done it during Vox? I was watching tiggles stream and it never occured. Doesn't make sense. It's time to put the tin foil hats to rest.

This goes a bit further than tinfoil hats to most people I suspect. Too many coincidences with their return to the server. Now they could be completely clean and are innocent until proven guilty... But the evidence is pretty hard against em when 2 different communities of EQ have had similar problems with the arrival of their guild. Heck it could be just 2 people in their guild doing it and not saying anything and most of their guild wouldn't know. I am not saying hang em now without looking into it. Any person with common sense however sees the reputation that follows them and it definitely deserves looking into by the GMs.

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 05:40 AM

This makes sense.
But...

While the circumstances surrounding vox/nag tonight were shady, you can't simply say that its IB. Its just as likely that its just someone who hates TMO, or someone in TMO trying to frame IB, or even a person involved witg RMT who is mad they have been banned/caught.

It could even just be some dickhead on twitch.tv who happened upon the recent influx of p99 streams on that website and decided to entertain himself by ddosing.

If anyone can seriously find out who it is though, I'm sure its illegal.
And if its not then we can just start a serverwide platinum pot to track this person down and whoever has the biggest balls/the best revenge plot gets to take the money once they've proven justice had been served.

Just sayin, we could form an irl dkp raid on an_asshole_ddoser_001 if someone can find out where they spawn.

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Sad thing is both of us were getting ddosed, afaik TMO has been ddosing, but we all know its neither of us,I still think its Toop and co. personally.

If Tiggles would turn off the damn stream this mess wouldn't have happened!!

Ektar
07-27-2013, 05:46 AM
we pulled maestro the other day and immediately got ddosed.

tmo is ddosing

am I doing it right?

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 05:59 AM
we pulled maestro the other day and immediately got ddosed.

tmo is ddosing

am I doing it right?

No you must blame yourself for being IB

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 06:02 AM
I agree that it is most likely someone involved with RMT or a. "Competing" server.

Who da fuck knows tho!

Whoever it is, I hope they get cancer.

sulpher01
07-27-2013, 06:04 AM
What??? The guild of players that goes out of their way to grief every person they come across is also trying to damage the server?? Say it ain't so!

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 06:09 AM
read it on rnf must be trew

Nirgun
07-27-2013, 06:13 AM
it'd be nice if rogaine didnt control p99 AND eqemu.

Because whenever some dude gets pissed off at p99, EVERYTHING goes down

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 06:23 AM
read it on rnf must be trew

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 06:25 AM
What??? The guild of players that goes out of their way to grief every person they come across is also trying to damage the server?? Say it ain't so!

Well to be fair your post describes TMO rather accurately as well.

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Clearly the jboot inflation team

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 06:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hRvzw9E.png

kenzar
07-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Clearly the jboot inflation team

We, at the Jboot Inflation Team, would like to take this opportunity to make the following public statement:

"We are neither involved nor condone the recent actions taken against our beloved server in the form of a DDoS. The JIT wants you to know that it is here only to serve the Norrathian public with the slendid service of providing a quick, affordable and reliable source for their Jboot wants/needs. Thank you for your time and your business, both future and past."

Tattersail - Leader of the JIT

Razdeline
07-27-2013, 07:01 AM
LOL

anotherone
07-27-2013, 08:54 AM
i lol'd

SamwiseRed
07-27-2013, 09:02 AM
lol pras IB

DoucLangur
07-27-2013, 09:29 AM
TMO crying and whining and shouting for h4lps! This is sooo entertaining :)

All of you (IB+TMO) into one big bag, and start hiting it with a club, you'll never hit the wrong guy.

Krazed
07-27-2013, 09:48 AM
^^^^^^^^ This made me laugh out loud.

Why? Because truth!

JonathanHancock
07-27-2013, 09:49 AM
To the people defending IB, FUCK YOU

These are the same DOUCHEBAGS that power levelled to 35+ in the first few days of the server opening, then did things such as literally training the entirety of Crushbone over and over again just to get a Dragoon Dirk.

Diogene
07-27-2013, 09:53 AM
This thread is just another trash that pollutes the server as much as the Ddos and others fuckheads that conjugates LOL preterit. p99 has gone bad, to such a point it should be labeled as "social disease". If once Rogean said he was raising guinea pigs, who knows what he is doing right now.
/close down server

Kinsawt
07-27-2013, 09:57 AM
You're such fucking cry babies.

Hokushin
07-27-2013, 10:08 AM
To the people defending IB, FUCK YOU

These are the same DOUCHEBAGS that power levelled to 35+ in the first few days of the server opening, then did things such as literally training the entirety of Crushbone over and over again just to get a Dragoon Dirk.

Honestly, 99% of us are not the same..

In defense of people saying "IB is ddos'ing'', i'd like to say I have been online for a total of 5 hours in the past month, and the only time I went out of EC/Solb, I went to hate for fun with the guild. Within 10 minutes of IB porting up there, the server was ddos'd and we wiped multiple times.

Dragonmist
07-27-2013, 11:14 AM
sad....

Zeelot
07-27-2013, 02:19 PM
It's likely an individual or a few people only doing this, they probably have an affiliation with some guild here and/or hold a vendetta against TMO.

Some ddos happen on non-raid times, I assume this is to do the duping bug that is rampant. During raid times, we have had some well timed ddos against TMO engages in the past, even before the rampant duping ddos attacks that started recently. Some of these raid ddos have recorded on the livestream. Another ddos yesterday at similar timings supports the theory that the attacks are not just for duping, but also for interfering with TMO.

Other guilds were killing targets all night in different zones and there was no lag until it came down to IB/TMO butting heads at naggy/vox.

The ddos only happened during TMO engages.

These facts can maybe help us narrow down who is doing this.

Bruno
07-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Best shit I've read in a while. A+. Would read again.

Kinsawt
07-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Super easy to come to the conclusion that the opposing guild (IB) is behind the attacks. But it is also plausible that TMO is DDoSing during their own raids, creating a pattern for a long enough period of time to get the staff to take action against IB.

Really no way to prove that this is or isn't happening, lets say the GMs suspend all IB members for a week and the DDOS stops, still not proof because if the said alternative scenario were playing out TMO would obviously stop doing it when IB was gone.

Don't jump to conclusions Zeelot. I'm sorry the DDOS happened at an inconvenient time for your guild, but let's not start a which hunt. I'm more apt to believe, if it's an IB or TMO scenario, that you would do it to yourself and try to pin it on us. Since it started, your members have been starting threads in RnF blaming IB, and for a guild that consistently hacks other guilds boards/vents/characters, it's not exactly like it's below TMO to do this.

That said, just like 'someone who doesn't like IB', 'someone who doesn't like TMO' doesn't really narrow it down.

So, let's just stick with the "It's Toop" for now.

Waedawen
07-27-2013, 02:38 PM
This thread is just fucking peachy.

So many Young Detectives, Meccezan & the rest of TMO spraying their neckbeard shit all over the wall, IB trying desperately to keep their haxx0rs well protected through a mix of denial / clandestine dealings

Also fucking laff @ TMO bitching about losing Nagafen. You people specifically leveled alts up to that level in order to keep on neckbearding. You deserved to "lost the derggon", no matter how it happened. what ever will you do without your precious naggy lewtz now? :(

Swish
07-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Young Detectives

Tags!

Zeelot
07-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Yea Kinsawt, TMO's plan is to lag ourselves out so IB can get some kills. You figured us out.

It's going to be fun in velious, I can already tell.

Kinsawt
07-27-2013, 02:52 PM

That's the plan. We barely have a working batphone, don't camp at raid targets and most of our core is still waiting for Winter, and you still can't keep our name out of your mouth.

So, Soulfires, now DDOS. How long down your list is

"IB bribes GMS to withhold Velious until my unemployment ran out!" ?

Morlaeth
07-27-2013, 02:52 PM
loses pixels, cries to mom.

Bantam 1
07-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Kind of interesting if you do who's of certain guilds....

fastboy21
07-27-2013, 02:55 PM
When you raid 24 hours a day what percent of the ddos are going to happen during your raid time?

Agatha
07-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Yea Kinsawt, TMO's plan is to lag ourselves out so IB can get some kills. You figured us out.

This is basically how VZTZ died. first it started with who could compile a better MQ and distribute it to each sides guild, then ddos and other major game breaking hacks.

Waedawen
07-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Ya'all *****s need Jesus

Turp_SmokinPurp
07-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't jump to conclusions Zeelot.
Since it started, your members have been starting threads in RnF blaming IB, and for a guild that consistently hacks other guilds boards/vents/characters, it's not exactly like it's below TMO to do this.

That said, just like 'someone who doesn't like IB', 'someone who doesn't like TMO' doesn't really narrow it down.

So, let's just stick with the "It's Toop" for now.
So much bullshit!
TMO members know no matter how much you point the damned finger @ IB or whoever, how many times DDOS happens on our engages at precise moments , how many times this that OR whatever the fuck happens the GM are never going to ban (a whole guild especially) on assumptions. THEREFORE it would be pointless if it was TMO to DDOS ourselves on the hopes of getting you guys banned. IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. An the idea is ludicrous.
I agree that you cant really point a definite finger at one person IMO. That being said though It does look fishy is all people r saying, and it IS pointed at TMO, why would there be no lagg all night after we called raid than soon as VP is called today boom DDOS starts.

Would the fixes posted in other forums work? IE hire a company, we wont need them forever just get a few months or few attacks worth of coverage an it might kill the culrpit.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/Turp420/800px-Anycastsvg.png (http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Turp420/media/800px-Anycastsvg.png.html)

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/03/how-whitehats-stopped-the-ddos-attack-that-knocked-spamhaus-offline/

Knuckle
07-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Actually only one guild was hacking and there was no easy fix at that time for black screen of cmd so a couple kids pissing in the pool ruined it for everyone.

Agatha
07-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Actually only one guild was hacking and there was no easy fix at that time for black screen of cmd so a couple kids pissing in the pool ruined it for everyone.

naw naw naw naw naw, heresy was hacking, was personaly asked by rexx a few times to crash zones and stuff.

Trust me, you guys hacked.

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 07:08 PM
You guys are a bunch of assholes, you realize this right?

sulpher01
07-27-2013, 07:13 PM
You guys are a bunch of assholes, you realize this right?

Frieza_Prexus
07-27-2013, 07:14 PM
As an aside, two repops back to back once again demonstrates, clearly and convincingly, that regular repops simultaneously encourage competition and promote a fair opportunity for the fair and equitable distribution of raid mobs. At least fairer than a system with rare and sporadic repops.

Seary
07-27-2013, 07:17 PM
I heard Cast was behind all of the ddos

Nirgun
07-27-2013, 07:34 PM
There are 24 denial of service vulnerabilities in the version of PhP that rogean is running.

Update PHP, no more DDOS.

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 08:20 PM
I tell you something for nothing - all this endgame pissing and hacking is going to drive a lot of half-decent players from the server simply because they don't want to be around such a pack of scumbags and be forced to live in their stink. You guys are going to end up with a server full of raging nerd sociopaths with poor impulse control if you're not careful.

Maybe that's what you want or you don't care. Either way, I'm telling you the truth.

Alarti0001
07-27-2013, 08:23 PM
That's the plan. We barely have a working batphone, don't camp at raid targets and most of our core is still waiting for Winter, and you still can't keep our name out of your mouth.

So, Soulfires, now DDOS. How long down your list is

"IB bribes GMS to withhold Velious until my unemployment ran out!" ?

I can't wait to humiliate you in Velious again. It will be just like Live Kins.... Good ole' ROA

SCB
07-27-2013, 08:31 PM
I can't wait to humiliate you in Velious again. It will be just like Live Kins.... Good ole' ROA

god you are such a dork

Agatha
07-27-2013, 08:33 PM
god you are such a dork

to be fair, they are all dorks. I'm probably one of the few cool people on this forum.

Goseals6
07-27-2013, 08:37 PM
I tell you something for nothing - all this endgame pissing and hacking is going to drive a lot of half-decent players from the server simply because they don't want to be around such a pack of scumbags and be forced to live in their stink. You guys are going to end up with a server full of raging nerd sociopaths with poor impulse control if you're not careful.

Maybe that's what you want or you don't care. Either way, I'm telling you the truth.

It wouldn't be classic EQ without diaper baby tantrums over who has the rights to random raid boss.

Frankly speaking, if the emo tears on the forums is any indication of how the "end game" is currently, I'll just take my toys else where.

You would think that players claiming to be "true fans" of EQ would play nice but that apparently cannot happen.

DoucLangur
07-29-2013, 05:29 AM

QFE!

baramur
07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
I enjoy the part where tmo cries about ib shitting on the server. What has TMO been doing to the server then????. Personally i hope you get ddos'd every damn raid, cause piss on you TMO you have pushed around and hogged the raid content for 2 years, go fuck yourselves.

fadetree
07-29-2013, 10:26 AM
There are 24 denial of service vulnerabilities in the version of PhP that rogean is running.

Update PHP, no more DDOS.

You can DDOS just fine without exploiting weaknesses in application languages.

Nirgon
07-29-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure the ddos'er is watching your stream, and probably trolling you every time you guys engage

Clark
07-29-2013, 12:58 PM
to be fair, they are all dorks. I'm probably one of the few cool people on this forum.

Ya unfortunately there aren't many of us.

I'm still offering 500 irl for info leading to DDOS'r, my hitman adrenaline is flowing. Ready to stab this guy in the throat or something.

spoils
07-29-2013, 01:07 PM
This goes a bit further than tinfoil hats to most people I suspect. Too many coincidences with their return to the server. Now they could be completely clean and are innocent until proven guilty... But the evidence is pretty hard against em when 2 different communities of EQ have had similar problems with the arrival of their guild. Heck it could be just 2 people in their guild doing it and not saying anything and most of their guild wouldn't know. I am not saying hang em now without looking into it. Any person with common sense however sees the reputation that follows them and it definitely deserves looking into by the GMs.

This giant walking yeasty cunt couldn't handle the fact that she couldn't raid with full circle on Tuesdays, so switched guilds so she could raid sky...u should be careful what u say with that guild tag. They're far more honorable than u deserve.

U have no credibility so don't get involved.

tl:dr. Shut up meg

Nietche
07-29-2013, 01:26 PM
On first repop day, the lag didn't really start until after we killed draco/CT--this after BDA already had 40 people in zone. I imagine some idiot in any guild who hates TMO could be the guy. It could even be Chest (though I doubt he's smart enough). But the point is that there are people in guilds which aren't mentioned in these IB vs. TMO posts who are among the staunchest TMO haters in p99.