PDA

View Full Version : what punishments would you like to see for those caught red handed?

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 12:42 AM
RMT - permanent IP ban.
2boxing - perma account ban, no exceptions.
Exploit/3rd party prog - perma IP ban.

Minor offenses:
Training - if you are petitioned/caught training repeatedly imo you should get a suspension for over 6 months. Especially of numerous people witnessed said train and encounter logs support their claims.

Kill stealing - if you're engaged on a mob and someone comes along and steals your kill/loot, they should be suspended atleast 1 month.

Raid interference - guild raid suspension for 1 week, 2nd offense 2 weeks, 3rd 1 month raiding suspension.

I understand some of these policies are already in place but there are hundreds pf accounts unbanned regularly. Why have rules if people who dont follow them arent punished accordingly. Including folks who were known to be involved with RMT. I would like to see what you all think. I believe if we could eliminate douschebaggery atleast a little bit the server would ve a lot better for everyone.

I spent 8 hours last week dodging trains in solb from random players, mostly BDA trying to kill me and take my tranix camp. Multiple petitions were entered from my groupmates but all were ignored.
After this incident I went to KC where I was intentionally trained by jeremy, by his own admission. So I zone and come back in time to tag a named that had made its way to the entrance following jeremys train. Jeremy zones back in to ks me and ninjaloot my named after he killed my duo partner with his train, among about 5 other people. Experiences like this make me wonder if there is any enforcement of rules regarding training and killstealing.

I mean there has to be logs showing me engaging said named and jeremy kill stealing right? So why is there no justice for the 3 to 4 ppl who were killed by Jeremy's antics? My point is if rules were enforced in these situations where there are many witnesses and encounter logs to prove it, there would be a lot less assholes running around breaking rules.

What do you guys think? Should the rules be more or less harsh regarding rule breakers?

And do you guys think its possible to come up with a way for the gms to enforce the rules better?

No ones time is more valuable than anothers when we are logged onto p99, so why should people who feel this way continue to be allowed to ruin other's experiences on p99 with their douschrbaggery/rule breaking and in extreme cases: why are accounts of 2 boxers/rmters/cheaters ever unbanned? That just says to other cheaters there are no repercussion for them cheating.

I say keep banned accounts permabanned.

Nimblefork
07-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Kill stealing - if you're engaged on a mob and someone comes along and steals your kill/loot, they should be suspended at least 1 month. - stop sucking at life mad fat boy

Fountree
07-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Less harsh, this is everquest not nazi germany rofl

Champion_Standing
07-27-2013, 12:59 AM
No bans for anything except RMT, delevel to 1 and strip all items for all offenses.

Fael
07-27-2013, 01:00 AM
you have issues brah

Abbot
07-27-2013, 01:09 AM
No bans for anything except RMT, delevel to 1 and strip all items for all offenses.
I'd support this ... if it mattered.

fuark
07-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Pretty much agree. If you rmt or 2 box it should be permanent account ban no exceptions. If you knowingly exploit, 3 month ban - if a guild is caught exploiting an encounter, 3 month ban. Second offense 6 months. Third offense ban for all involved.

Training 1 month ban, 3 months second offense, permanent ban third offense.

Kill stealing, 1 month ban. Second offense 3 months. Third offense permanent ban.

Seeing as I have never done any of these things with four characters from level 50-60 these actually seem incredibly generous to me.

If you want the privilege of playing, don't be a shithead.

quido
07-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Tasslehof, you are the biggest fucking crybaby in the universe. Get a grip.

xarzzardorn
07-27-2013, 01:33 AM
death penalty for stealing bread

xarzzardorn
07-27-2013, 01:34 AM
this is vengeance, not justice

DukeVonSausage
07-27-2013, 01:41 AM
Holy fuck, way way too stringent. Seriously, like that other poster said, this isnt nazi fucking germany. Easy the fuck up.

RMT banned for sure.

2boxing, = suspension for a month I think - not a ban. One month is a long enough deterrent.

Training 3days to a week.

Kill stealing, not enough for a ban. GM just needs to right the situation. If multiple times occurring then 3 days to a week.

These are more reasonable guidelines.

Eashan
07-27-2013, 01:43 AM
people think IP ban will do anything.... you can reset it and obtain a new one in less then 30 seconds

Nocte
07-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Holy fuck, way way too stringent. Seriously, like that other poster said, this isnt nazi fucking germany. Easy the fuck up.

RMT banned for sure.

2boxing, = suspension for a month I think - not a ban. One month is a long enough deterrent.

Training 3days to a week.

Kill stealing, not enough for a ban. GM just needs to right the situation. If multiple times occurring then 3 days to a week.

These are more reasonable guidelines.

This.

HawkMasterson1999
07-27-2013, 02:00 AM
people think IP ban will do anything.... you can reset it and obtain a new one in less then 30 seconds

Punish the account.

RMT and 3rd party software should get EXPELLED.FOREVER.

Nimblefork
07-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Irrelevant all around.

The GMs here are complete and utter amateurs. They don't know what the fuck they're doing and it's evident every time masses of people go unpunished when the entire fucking server is aware of the offense.

BAN THIS CUNT!

bashing staff members will result in a ban, period. if you have a problem with a staff member, you need to contact me (if your problem is with me, then feel free to contact someone over my head), and we will settle it like men. if you choose to bash the staff on the forums, prepare to be banned. - Sirken

Pookieson
07-27-2013, 02:27 AM
I think we should just legalize everything, allow pvp across all levels, and let the game work itself out. Its, like, 'granola'; dude.

applesauce25r624
07-27-2013, 02:29 AM
I think we should just legalize everything, allow pvp across all levels, and let the game work itself out. Its, like, 'granola'; dude.

2 weeks for improper use of a semicolon

Hyasinth
07-27-2013, 03:00 AM
Jeremy needs a good spanking. *winks

Seriously, I think overall the rules in place are all we need. At some point when does it become baby sitting, and who has time for that, and who would want that job?

Tradermule
07-27-2013, 03:05 AM

Let me unplug and plug back in my modem. Ahhhh, I love fresh IPs.

Wudan
07-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Tasslehof, you are the biggest fucking crybaby in the universe. Get a grip.

He is, but.... Did you train and KS him in KC?

Faerie
07-27-2013, 03:40 AM
RMT: Permanent account/ip ban
2boxing: Permanent account ban on all involved accounts
MQ or whatever, third party software: Permanent account/ip ban
Training: 6 month ban each time, 3rd time permanent account/ip
Account trading/selling/buying (even for in-game items): Permanent account and ip bans for all involved parties
KSing: 6 months

Raiding guilds should also be banned from raiding for 2 weeks every time one of their members is banned. I have no sympathy for cheaters.

Grahm
07-27-2013, 03:47 AM
RMT - permanent IP ban.
2boxing - perma account ban, no exceptions.

Minor offenses:
Training - if you are petitioned/caught training repeatedly imo you should get a suspension for over 6 months. Especially of numerous people witnessed said train and encounter logs support their claims.

Kill stealing - if you're engaged on a mob and someone comes along and steals your kill/loot, they should be suspended atleast 1 month.

Raid interference - guild raid suspension for 1 week, 2nd offense 2 weeks, 3rd 1 month raiding suspension.

I understand some of these policies are already in place but there are hundreds pf accounts unbanned regularly. Why have rules if people who dont follow them arent punished accordingly. Including folks who were known to be involved with RMT. I would like to see what you all think. I believe if we could eliminate douschebaggery atleast a little bit the server would ve a lot better for everyone.

I spent 8 hours last week dodging trains in solb from random players, mostly BDA trying to kill me and take my tranix camp. Multiple petitions were entered from my groupmates but all were ignored.
After this incident I went to KC where I was intentionally trained by jeremy, by his own admission. So I zone and come back in time to tag a named that had made its way to the entrance following jeremys train. Jeremy zones back in to ks me and ninjaloot my named after he killed my duo partner with his train, among about 5 other people. Experiences like this make me wonder if there is any enforcement of rules regarding training and killstealing.

I mean there has to be logs showing me engaging said named and jeremy kill stealing right? So why is there no justice for the 3 to 4 ppl who were killed by Jeremy's antics? My point is if rules were enforced in these situations where there are many witnesses and encounter logs to prove it, there would be a lot less assholes running around breaking rules.

What do you guys think? Should the rules be more or less harsh regarding rule breakers?

And do you guys think its possible to come up with a way for the gms to enforce the rules better?

No ones time is more valuable than anothers when we are logged onto p99, so why should people who feel this way continue to be allowed to ruin other's experiences on p99 with their douschrbaggery/rule breaking and in extreme cases: why are accounts of 2 boxers/rmters/cheaters ever unbanned? That just says to other cheaters there are no repercussion for them cheating.

I say keep banned accounts permabanned.

Unless 100% fraps evidence of a person intentionally training you, all other shit is useless. Strip naked and level to level 1 is the worst thing that could happen. Even if/when they get PL'd back to 60 in a week, you still know who it is and why they did it. RMT, malicious raid training and 2boxing (real two boxing, not logging on to a druid to port yourself once every year) should deserve this. Anything else should be a /tell from a GM to knock that shit off, and if they ignore the warning, they get the same punishment.

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 05:17 AM
I think in situations like the one I mentioned in OP where there were multiple people affected and witness to the offense AND where encounter logs can be used to prove it...there's no reason for action bot to be taken.

You train someone and kill them/their group intentionally, you're wasting peoples time. Everquest is a time consuming game and if people are continuously allowed to waste others time with impunity then that affects server health in a detrimental way.

Sure maybe IP bans aren't effective but for extreme offenses account bans should be applied as well.

In regards to raid interference and raiding rules being broken: FE was asked by a GM to sit out a trak spawn because at the spawn prior a very retarded ex-fe member blatantly trained TMO while they engaged trak. Which in my opinion is 100% just and fair. The problem is that I have fraps of TMO training many times (mostly by tortue when its intentional) and never once to my knowledge have they been asked to sit out a spawn (atleast while FE was a guild) like we were on thay particular occasion. If you have rules in place they must be fairly enforced across the board in my opinion.

I think that maybe what needs to happen is the community themselves needs to step up and police the server a bit in order to atleast attempt getting rid of all the dirtbags who waste peoples time with their stupidity.

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 05:20 AM
RMT: Permanent account/ip ban
2boxing: Permanent account ban on all involved accounts
MQ or whatever, third party software: Permanent account/ip ban
Training: 6 month ban each time, 3rd time permanent account/ip
Account trading/selling/buying (even for in-game items): Permanent account and ip bans for all involved parties
KSing: 6 months

Raiding guilds should also be banned from raiding for 2 weeks every time one of their members is banned. I have no sympathy for cheaters.

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one who cares about the servers integrity. :)

quido
07-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Sirken's just gonna doctor the logs to debunk your claims as it is, right Tasslehof?

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 05:26 AM
Sirken's just gonna doctor the logs to debunk your claims as it is, right Tasslehof?

Trying to keep this out of rnf territory so going to keep disregarding your posts until you add something useful to the thread.

But if I remember correctly you were the one claiming sirken doctored logs, I just asked you to clarify why you and merkk's engage times were exactly the same but 3 people whose engage times were later were placed ahead of merkk in the encounter logs...apparently that seemed like trollbait to you though.

mwatt
07-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Damn, I thought this was gonna be a post about what punishment befitted the DDOSer. I would have replied, nothing short of "Federal pound me in the ass prison".

Tasslehofp99
07-27-2013, 05:42 AM
Damn, I thought this was gonna be a post about what punishment befitted the DDOSer. I would have replied, nothing short of "Federal pound me in the ass prison".

So these attacks are technically illegal then? Wow.

mwatt
07-27-2013, 06:02 AM
It is my understanding that it is indeed a Felony. However, a single web site, especially a low profile one such as this will probably not get any investigative time assigned.

Still the person doing this is not only a punk for doing it, he's stupid to risk it. I would love to see him land in prison.

Alawen
07-27-2013, 08:00 AM
death penalty for stealing bread

2 weeks for improper use of a semicolon

I stand behind both these important amendments.

t0lkien
07-27-2013, 08:04 AM
It is my understanding that it is indeed a Felony. However, a single web site, especially a low profile one such as this will probably not get any investigative time assigned.

Still the person doing this is not only a punk for doing it, he's stupid to risk it. I would love to see him land in prison.

I want to see the video of the arrest. These keyboard warriors are inevitably little crybabies when it comes to the crunch. No need to send them to jail, just get them dragged through the courts with a warning.

Mattius
07-27-2013, 08:11 AM
yeah the kill stealing part is pretty sad IMO, but boxing and softwares should be perm IP.

LordSterben
07-27-2013, 08:38 AM
bashing staff members will result in a ban, period. if you have a problem with a staff member, you need to contact me (if your problem is with me, then feel free to contact someone over my head), and we will settle it like men. if you choose to bash the staff on the forums, prepare to be banned. - Sirken

What was that about this not being Nazi Germany? XD

Oh and as for a fitting punishment for all crimes against the Play Nice policy...choke pear in the butthole, of course.

http://tiptop10.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Choke-Pear.jpg

NegaStoat
07-27-2013, 09:00 AM
OP's list seems harsh, but it doesn't affect me in any way. I wouldn't exploit, train, KS, or ever be involved with RMT so I could care less. The only thing I DO care about is that the server has rules and the GM's have a fair policy of discouraging players from breaking them. It has to be a constant looming consequence of losing your shit if you're out to ruin the play experience of others or cheat the server.

Otherwise it's all a waste of time and players that care about the server being legit would head elsewhere. I know I would.

Swish
07-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Based on this thread the LoL community is friendlier... there, I said it.

Splorf22
07-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Who cares about all this shit. What I want handed out is punishments for LAGGING THE FUCKING SERVER. AND NOTHING IS TOO EXTREME.

Hot bamboo under their fingernails? I'm down. Dragging them through the streets behind a truck? No problem. The rack? Very fitting.

You get my point.

Goseals6
07-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Punishment for training/ks

1000 Brownie Scout's murdering your character then spawn camping you for 4 hours forcing you to de-level MULTIPLE times.

Waedawen
07-27-2013, 01:57 PM
This is the funniest fucking post I have ever seen

Okay, nevermind, funniest thread. "Jeremy you're a cocksucker" "GET A GRIP BROO!!!!?? IT'S JUST A GAME WHY SO SERIOUSSSS" "I'm not, you're just a cocksucker." "lol sirken's just gonna hurp a durp a derk a derr u maddd"

What a fucking clown hahahahaha. The guy didn't even deny it ONCE. AND HE DIDN'T ADMIT IT. WTF R U DOIN?

Midgeon
07-27-2013, 02:33 PM
yeah the kill stealing part is pretty sad IMO, but boxing and softwares should be perm IP.

KS'ing it all a part of being the dominant fighter. if someone in real life were to stomp on your pet (say a dog or cat)
if they weren't able to stomp on you aswell, they would haven ever stomped on your dog. see what im saying?

Peener
07-27-2013, 03:56 PM
The size of my vagina is disproportionate to the size of my body

Lord Traxor
07-27-2013, 04:23 PM
“Hmm. To a dark place this line of thought will take us. Great care we must take.”

Frieza_Prexus
07-27-2013, 04:50 PM
I know there's a lot of technical hurdles to actually make it work, but I still love the idea of tying each forum account to an ingame account. You need at least one character over, say level 30, to post on the major forums, and there's a special sub forum that's heavily moderated for brand new players to post in until they reach the upper levels.

Punishments to forum accounts extend to in game accounts.

It could even be taken a step further maybe with the SMS account verification system. Each P99 account must be tied to a phone number, and give each #, say, 3 accounts, and a limited number of password resets through the SMS system. That'd stop a lot of account selling and trading right there when the seller had to verify each PW change with an SMS from the original number.

kaev
07-27-2013, 07:55 PM
I know there's a lot of technical hurdles to actually make it work, but I still love the idea of tying each forum account to an ingame account. You need at least one character over, say level 30, to post on the major forums, and there's a special sub forum that's heavily moderated for brand new players to post in until they reach the upper levels.

Punishments to forum accounts extend to in game accounts.

It could even be taken a step further maybe with the SMS account verification system. Each P99 account must be tied to a phone number, and give each #, say, 3 accounts, and a limited number of password resets through the SMS system. That'd stop a lot of account selling and trading right there when the seller had to verify each PW change with an SMS from the original number.

Your papers please?!

Vat? No Papers! Get in ze truck citizen.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, Would actually be interested in playing on such a server, but it seems kind of pointless as a retrofit. The horses scattered to the hills years ago, and the barn burned down shortly after, not much point in locking the door now.)

Dolvar
07-27-2013, 08:54 PM
lololol OP / Fuark are freaking hilarious.

amazing trolls.

Nuggie
07-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Only read first page. But this came to mind from judge dredd:

We must expand execution to include lesser crimes!

Tiggles
07-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Tassle I was looking for you today bro.

Scavrefamn
07-28-2013, 03:53 AM
Irrelevant all around.

The GMs here are complete and utter amateurs. They don't know what the fuck they're doing and it's evident every time masses of people go unpunished when the entire fucking server is aware of the offense.

Extremely rude and possibly unnecessary comment.

But I understand where he is coming from. I find it strange that certain "questionable" player practices have not been dealt with, when most people are well aware of both the acts and the participants. I honestly don't know what is happening behind the scenes to not merit at least an investigation.

Loli Pops
07-28-2013, 04:20 AM
http://www.browncountypubliclibrary.org/sites/default/files/images/BCG/Ronald-McDonald.jpg

quido
07-28-2013, 04:25 AM
http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/harrimeme2.jpg

quido
07-28-2013, 04:32 AM
Harrison roleplaying a black chick with his new account.

Try not to beat yourself up when you call yourself a you-know-what.

Loli Pops
07-28-2013, 04:34 AM
http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/ronald-mcdonald.jpg

quido
07-28-2013, 04:36 AM
http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/harriball.jpg

Loli Pops
07-28-2013, 04:42 AM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/54000/Ronald-McDonald-Running-Feet--54139.jpg

kotton05
07-28-2013, 10:27 AM
http://www.browncountypubliclibrary.org/sites/default/files/images/BCG/Ronald-McDonald.jpg

I'm lovin it

Hex
07-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Who cares, damage is done, and will not be reversed, as the GMs already said. No where near worth playing here anymore, unless you're the one making the money.

Pan
07-28-2013, 07:24 PM
If people actually had a modicum of self control and the guilds kept track of their own and didn't encourage shitbaggery, this would be a non-issue.

That said, if you're a decent human and are in a guild that condones this crap, deguild and find better people to spend time with. Pixels and loot are not worth that kind of association.

There are several tags for which I have absolutely no respect...and that applies to every member for their tacit complicity.

Tasslehofp99
07-29-2013, 03:00 AM
Tassle I was looking for you today bro.

Sup bro?

Mojoz_Mon
07-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Based on this thread the LoL community is friendlier... there, I said it.

http://i.minus.com/iTeR0Wxirdcmt.gif

Props to Swish for greatest Gifs ever!