PDA

View Full Version : Would you donate for a brand new server?

Scavrefamn
07-26-2013, 02:20 PM
In the end, it comes down to $$$.
Would YOU donate for the creation of a new P99 server?

Resken
07-26-2013, 02:22 PM
you can bet your mother I would. I came a few years late to the party. I'd love to start on an even playing field.

NegaStoat
07-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Sure I would. Current population at peek hours on the weekend is nearing 1k. For real. A second server would jump the total split population between a pair of servers from that, and assume more would funnel in quickly at the news of it opening.

The more important question though is - have you donated for the new hardware of the existing server that we play on already? The word is that each hard drive that needed to be replaced is costing upwards of 600 bucks. And two of them had to be shipped.

mtb tripper
07-26-2013, 02:34 PM
We need a teams server, like sullon

Nirgon
07-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Not until Velious timeline is complete and a few loose ends are tied up.

If they need a hand out when things are done, my hand is out.

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Make it a RP server!

lecompte
07-26-2013, 02:37 PM
We need a teams server, like sullon

Need a hardcore teams server that runs for 2 months and resets. :) You die, GG.

tbh, staff is probably busy enough with one server... I also here something about a pvp server from time to time on Sirken's stream but I'm pretty sure that is a myth.

Sasquatchsquad
07-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Lets get a new server or whipe plz! I want that classic EQ and this server, currently, is definitely not it.

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Since I am somewhat new here I would love to start fresh in a place where people aren't running around in Fungi's and Epics at level 1.

Missingo
07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
I have about 4 RL friend's that said they would play again if there was a new server. I am sure there are many more who think the same, could see total p99 population jump by a few hundred easily

Whoop
07-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Voted yes - I would leave my current eq sever in a heartbeat if a new 99 was created!

Sasquatchsquad
07-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Honestly Staff....I hope you guys take a look at this thread. ALOT OF PEOPLE WANT A WIPE/NEW SERVER. Please take some consideration here, this is not 1 or 2 people bitching, this is the majority of the server.

kylok
07-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Lots of people sad they don't have pixels that other people took years to get =/

Bubbles
07-26-2013, 03:16 PM
yep.

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Lots of people sad they don't have pixels that other people took years to get =/

Or people who joined late to P99 and want to experience the start of classic.

Peener
07-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Honestly Staff....I hope you guys take a look at this thread. ALOT OF PEOPLE WANT A WIPE/NEW SERVER. Please take some consideration here, this is not 1 or 2 people bitching, this is the majority of the server.

Stop saying you're the majority, because you aren't. Scroll down and look for the "New server/wipe/stay as is" Poll, and you'll see that you handily lost. And that's just a poll of the people who visit these forums, who are by and large the only ones on this server retarded enough to theoretically support such a stupid idea.

kylok
07-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Sorry =( I joined after the first nerf patch so I never had a chance at box of abu-kar, manastone, guise of the deceiver etc. Doesn't mean I didn't literally spend years getting the things I do have. I legitimately feel your pain for not getting the option for the uber lewtz that every player wants - but some things are just time earned with no way around it.

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 03:28 PM
People afraid the value of their hard earned pixels will drop if a new server is spun up?

Genedin
07-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Would want some sort of PVP.
PVP solves a lot of the cry baby bitching that goes on in blue.

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Would want some sort of PVP.
PVP solves a lot of the cry baby bitching that goes on in blue.

EQ PVP is hardly PVP at all... Especially when you have less than 100 people running around in a gigantic world.

Dermis
07-26-2013, 03:37 PM
I voted no. Not because I don't want a new server, or to donate. I simply think it's better to wait another year. After the Velious release, once the kinks are worked out. Velious will bring back a lot of former players, I'd imagine. The best time for a new server to gain popularity would be right before Velious begins to get stale.

Missingo
07-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Stop saying you're the majority, because you aren't. Scroll down and look for the "New server/wipe/stay as is" Poll, and you'll see that you handily lost. And that's just a poll of the people who visit these forums, who are by and large the only ones on this server retarded enough to support such a stupid idea.

If my math is correct, 114 people wanted to do nothing about it and 70 wanted to wipe it clean/start fresh with 99 other people wanting a new server.. That is 169 to 114. So the only people who "handily lost" were the one's who wanted to do nothing about it.

DukeVonSausage
07-26-2013, 03:40 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2yr8j9pLe1rn5b0zo1_500.gif

kylok
07-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Majority or no majority it isn't up to players to decide this, gotta convince nilbog/Rogean.

Flamewraith
07-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Holy shit can we give this "new server" shit a rest. This is like the ninth thread in two days on it.

Aaron
07-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Holy shit can we give this "new server" shit a rest. This is like the ninth thread in two days on it.

Bunch of crybabies whining instead of playing.

Every "server wipe / rollback / new server" thread should be insta-ban from forums for the moron that starts it.

timhutton
07-26-2013, 03:48 PM
If my math is correct, 114 people wanted to do nothing about it and 70 wanted to wipe it clean/start fresh with 99 other people wanting a new server.. That is 169 to 114. So the only people who "handily lost" were the one's who wanted to do nothing about it.

Yup. This thread is also a 2:1 landslide. I think a new server would be cool!

kylok
07-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Imo if you want a new server so bad... make one yourself and do all the work that goes along with it? It's that or enjoy the perfectly awesome and highly classic server that is provided to us for free by volunteers. New servers are hard, and this one has 4 years of bug fixes and what not.

Aaron
07-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Imo if you want a new server so bad... make one yourself and do all the work that goes along with it? It's that or enjoy the perfectly awesome and highly classic server that is provided to us for free by volunteers. New servers are hard, and this one has 4 years of bug fixes and what not.

timhutton
07-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Obviously the new server would use the current code.. bug fixes and all.

mtb tripper
07-26-2013, 03:52 PM
hi

DukeVonSausage
07-26-2013, 03:57 PM
http://www.thetruthdenied.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/denied-drafting.jpg

kylok
07-26-2013, 03:57 PM
You're not catching my drift here. Nilbog and Rogean as well as the rest of the staff have put years of work into a server that works very well and satisfies all of their needs. You want them to add more work on top of what is already more than they can easily handle. And to all the people who think these polls say anything about "what the server thinks" consider this - lets say 300 people vote on these things on average, there are over 33,000 registered forums accounts = sample size is roughly 0.91% of the forum population... pretty bad sample size.

So again, I say, if you want another server please feel free to make one and do all the work that goes along with it - getting anyone from the staff here to hand you their hard earned code seems a tad short sighted from where I'm sitting though.

Missingo
07-26-2013, 03:59 PM
What a story Mark!!!!!

Sasquatchsquad
07-26-2013, 04:03 PM
I just want to play the game I thought p99 was....maybe I missed the boat and I'm just S.O.L. but it seems I'm not the only one.

kylok
07-26-2013, 04:06 PM
You're definitely not the only one, hell I would love to have a chance at guise/manastone - but realistically it's not going to happen. The best we can do is enjoy the game we can play instead of crying about the game we can't play.

Vaildez
You're not catching my drift here. Nilbog and Rogean as well as the rest of the staff have put years of work into a server that works very well and satisfies all of their needs. You want them to add more work on top of what is already more than they can easily handle. And to all the people who think these polls say anything about "what the server thinks" consider this - lets say 300 people vote on these things on average, there are over 33,000 registered forums accounts = sample size is roughly 0.91% of the forum population... pretty bad sample size.

So again, I say, if you want another server please feel free to make one and do all the work that goes along with it - getting anyone from the staff here to hand you their hard earned code seems a tad short sighted from where I'm sitting though.

Nobody here is a demanding a server and we understand how much work those folks have put into P99. This thread is about would you donate if a new server was an option. I know that I certainly would.

Vaildez
You're definitely not the only one, hell I would love to have a chance at guise/manastone - but realistically it's not going to happen. The best we can do is enjoy the game we can play instead of crying about the game we can't play.

This kind of attitude is what would cause P99 to not exist in the first place. Go play on live!

kylok
07-26-2013, 04:11 PM
p99 exists because of nilbog and nilbog alone as I understand it. I love playing in his sandbox and I wouldn't trade it for anything. That being said, if p99 wasn't an option I would certainly do other things. If the staff wants to bother with a third server I'd support their decision. But hell, not being able to get pre nerf items cause you joined the server too late? Shit's classic.

Stinkum
07-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes, and make it a purple hard-coded teams server with /guildwar.

Sasquatchsquad
07-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Kylok it's not about getting manastones or pre-nerfed items for me. It's about playing a EQ like it was on live. And Kunark out for as long as is, mixed with all this hacking/duping ect. is just furthering the feel from classic to non-sense.

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 04:15 PM
p99 exists because of nilbog and nilbog alone as I understand it. I love playing in his sandbox and I wouldn't trade it for anything. That being said, if p99 wasn't an option I would certainly do other things. If the staff wants to bother with a third server I'd support their decision. But hell, not being able to get pre nerf items cause you joined the server too late? Shit's classic.

Not sure why you keep bringing up pre nerf items...Maybe thats a big deal for you? I could care less about them and I am sure there are many more that just want the fresh start and clean economy. I play here for the nostalgia and my classic experience which did not include high end/pre nerf items for me. Whether there is a new server or not I will likely continue to play here but if I had the option I would jump to a new server in a heartbeat.

Missingo
07-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Kylok it's not about getting manastones or pre-nerfed items for me. It's about playing a EQ like it was on live. And Kunark out for as long as is, mixed with all this hacking/duping ect. is just furthering the feel from classic to non-sense.

this

Tasslehofp99
07-26-2013, 04:18 PM

Yup.

Masq
07-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Since EQ classic didn't want to host a server and with Yeahlight taking a backseat it would be Kewl if p99 would host their server. I think a majority of the coding was done excluding loot tables.

Although I've read that p99 and eqclassic have some bad blood ;p

Pipedream I guess..

Anyway I'd donate or even do a subscription model

kylok
07-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Pre nerf items are the only incentive I can personally see for jumping to a new server vs staying on the one where I've already put in years of time. In my years on p99 I've never seen RMT or hacking in game outside of that Zipzop idiocy. I don't personally think that this duping business has effected my game play at all as the most expensive item I've ever bought was a fungi tunic back when they were 50k.

As far as I know this is the most classic server you will find on the planet. That classic experience is definitely still there and readily available at any time when the server's up. I'm seriously sorry that you missed what you considered to be classic Everquest but this project has it's own direction which it is steadily plodding towards which includes Kunark and Velious.

ukaking
07-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Question is, which would be more popular, a new P99 Classic server or the PvP red server? If the answer is a new start up P99 server, then, Im sorry, Red needs to go.

Dostarr
07-26-2013, 04:47 PM
$600 hard drive.teh fux?

Missingo
07-26-2013, 04:47 PM
kylok you don't have to play on it if they made a new server, you can stay on the current one.

dvwow84
07-26-2013, 04:48 PM
I've got a group of 10+ that would start playing like fiends if a new server was available to play on. There's nothing like a completely fresh start in an mmo, especially the best MMO of all time.

FlipFlop
07-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't care about prenerf items either. I see a new server as an opportunity to keep track of high end items as they're dropped and sold, keeping an eye out for an influx which doesn't match spawn timers or drop rates and Banning offenders IP addresses. Maybe there's not enough GM man power for that kind of attention, but It would be nice to watch some of these dupers who think p99 belongs to them lose their accounts (lives) so the rest of us can continue to enjoy classic eq.

Calidore
07-26-2013, 09:38 PM
The word is that each hard drive that needed to be replaced is costing upwards of 600 bucks. And two of them had to be shipped.

Word is... I have a bridge for sale, in Brooklyn, NY... And it too has to be shipped.

runlvlzero
07-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I would even be happy if it was a 2cnd blue server.

crunkfresh
07-26-2013, 09:45 PM
honestly id rather them just get velious out, which would fix a lot of the issues people think a rollback/wipe would (even a rollback/wipe is a temporary fix).

after sov has had the kinks more or less worked out, i would love to see a fresh server that either released expansions at Verant's rate or just give us classic/kunark/velious all on day 1.

Scavrefamn
07-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Looks like a lot of people would be willing to pony up for a new server.

I wonder if they open a kickstarter, if the people who play on this server and potential new blood, would donate up to an amount reasonable for the creation of a new server, let's say 2000 dollar baseline, I think it would very easily be met. I would donate and I know several other people who would donate and play like crazy on a new server.

baramur
07-28-2013, 12:50 PM
I would like to see new server, but with changes. Charecter sales not allowed. Epic mq not allowed. Variances gone. More support on high end raids. Permanent bans for any cheater, rmt, trainer,etc. Tracking of high end items to ensure no duping. Maybe go as far as to make more raid items no drop

Randy
07-28-2013, 12:58 PM
The only way a 2nd server might help is if they dictate a guild calendar/rotation on the other one. So one server people could race and the other people could schedule. Though I don't think the population is high enough to split and people are going to shit up a second server as well. People are simply pathetic.

Glorindale
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
No. Why spread the population over two servers when it is just right for one server? I understand wanting to start over and I would love to do that but not with a meager population.

HawkMasterson1999
07-28-2013, 05:55 PM
A server wipe would drive away as many or more players than it would attract. Not everyone has 25 hours a week to play eq. Wiping away over 3 years of effort just so the noobs can go farm manastones wouldn't be fair. On top of that, splitting the population with a 2nd blue server won't be as awesome as some people seem to think. I remember when the pop on p99 was around half of what it is now. It was harder to find groups, selling in EC took longer and a lot of zones felt lonely and desserted . The only upside I can see to splitting the population is more raid targets for guilds to share. Simulated patch days could do the same thing though without divorcing the server.

Scavrefamn
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
A server wipe would drive away as many or more players than it would attract.

I know at least 20 people who would start playing on a new, classic server.
From reading this thread, I gather that others do too.

Telin
07-28-2013, 10:03 PM
I'd donate to play on a server with an older client like Trilogy or anything before Titanium.

mugien
07-28-2013, 10:10 PM
What would be the problem with a race war server like Vallon and...Sullon? were? That was a ton of fun.

Masq
07-28-2013, 10:13 PM
A server wipe would drive away as many or more players than it would attract. Not everyone has 25 hours a week to play eq. Wiping away over 3 years of effort just so the noobs can go farm manastones wouldn't be fair. On top of that, splitting the population with a 2nd blue server won't be as awesome as some people seem to think. I remember when the pop on p99 was around half of what it is now. It was harder to find groups, selling in EC took longer and a lot of zones felt lonely and desserted . The only upside I can see to splitting the population is more raid targets for guilds to share. Simulated patch days could do the same thing though without divorcing the server.

People seem to bring up this argument every page or so. I think its safe to assume most people don't give a rats ass about manastones or whatever. They want the classic experience, not pixels.

poofph
07-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Everyone says they know xx number of people who will play on a new server if one were to open up but I am sure most of those people will stop playing after about a week or two once the nostalgia wears off. If they were really interested in playing on a classic server for the long haul they would be playing on p99 already.

Once the new server is open for a month or two it will be just like the current p99 server, everyone will race to lvl cap and farming/raiding away. They may as well just wipe the new server every 3 months to make people happy again.

Keep one good server going that sustains a healthy population imo.

A1551
07-29-2013, 12:40 AM
Everyone says they know xx number of people who will play on a new server if one were to open up but I am sure most of those people will stop playing after about a week or two once the nostalgia wears off. If they were really interested in playing on a classic server for the long haul they would be playing on p99 already.

Once the new server is open for a month or two it will be just like the current p99 server, everyone will race to lvl cap and farming/raiding away. They may as well just wipe the new server every 3 months to make people happy again.

Keep one good server going that sustains a healthy population imo.

^ wut he said. Seriously I have probably ten friends who would be all over it if a new server opened up too! -- I'm also fully aware that 9 outta 10 of them would quit within a month or so. P99 is what we got..enjoy it -- and if the fact that you can't get your manastone or guise ruins it for you..try a different server. There's a reason p99 is the most popular eqemu and a big part of it is the people in charge ignore short sighted community requests/demands like this.

Treefall
07-29-2013, 02:52 AM
I'm in the minority in that I enjoy the fresh restarts. I understand peoples' attachments to their pixels, and I wouldn't want to take them away.

That said, I would play on a P99 server that launched with a hard reset date immediately. Prefer. PvP, but blue would do.

I will always leave for SOE's progression servers through Velious because my fun comes in starting over. Staying at cap isn't my cup of tea.

Lopretni
07-29-2013, 05:18 AM
People need to play on red before they'd consider making another server for nobody to play on.

pharmakos
07-29-2013, 05:31 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com would be the perfect site on which to collect donations for this

thugcruncher
07-29-2013, 06:44 AM
if it was pvp teams i'd donate $200

fastboy21
07-29-2013, 07:07 AM
oh the irony...for years most of us argued with SOE for a classic server, now we argue with other classic players for one

baramur
07-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Why do people instantly equate new server with wiping of old server. TMO can stay on this server with their farm status, while others could enjoy a new server where rotations could be established, high end gear tracked, player sales bannable, and more raid drops no drop. This would cut down alot on rmt. No fun playing on a server where the gms cater to TMO wants and needs. Scream classic, then make changes to favor TMO on raid scene that are not classic.

myriverse
07-29-2013, 10:15 AM
One server that has both high-end guilds and the rest is better than a segregated community split between two or more servers. And really, there's no guarantee that a new server wouldn't have those people you find objectionable.

Mattius
07-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Rather work on what's currently happening but that's just me

bluejam
07-29-2013, 12:24 PM
wouldn't change a damn thing. you're dellusional if you think otherwise.

Danne
07-29-2013, 02:39 PM
DISCORD SERVER!!!

Scavrefamn
07-29-2013, 03:54 PM
oh the irony...for years most of us argued with SOE for a classic server, now we argue with other classic players for one

This.

I think it's safe to say that players running around at level 1 with epic items and fungi tunics does not equate with a classic experience. A new server that is closely monitored would be classic, what we currently have, is not.

Dllrock
07-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Decided to register on forums just to reply here, as someone who does NOT currently or ever really has played on P99 (well I think I played for 1 day).

I want to play P99... but from what I hear, the server is just too evolved from a "new" feeling, and doesn't even have the old feeling. People tell me that most end-game content is hoarded by like 1 guild (we did rotations back in real EQ), and everybody is decked out in twink gear. I hear people are banned constantly (not saying it is or is not deserved, this is what I hear in OOC on other servers) which makes me feel that maybe the GMs are walking around with the overanxious banhammer and that isnt an environment id like to play in. Another turn off, though slightly off topic, is that 2boxing is not allowed. But that is a different issue.

So with that said, I think a new server would bring in a ton of new people like myself who have refrained from playing P99 because they feel like starting on P99 right now would not feel very Classic, BUT the server being a few years old isn't the only reason I don't play here.. If a new one popped up and we all had an equal playing field, you bet Id hop on board.

On the other hand, Velious hasnt even been released. As far as I know, P99 was meant to be Classic--->Velious, asking for a new server now seems a bit against the timeline.

Scavrefamn
08-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes

aowen
08-01-2013, 05:05 PM
I would donate for new hardware to fix this thing and make Ol' Blue young again...as long as everyone's data was transferred to it.

Lagaidh
08-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh hell yeah.

Nirgon
08-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Spreads out the population too much, probs not a good idea

lawll
08-01-2013, 05:17 PM
What the hell would a new server do? Split a 1000k ish pop over 3 servers and for that new server to end up how blue is now in a year? Sure sounds like fun!

ownix
08-01-2013, 08:57 PM
I'll vote for yes, if the new one is blue server plus some preferred stuffs such as: zone maps, bandolier, potion belt, bard's melody command and out-of-combat regen.

Sirken
08-01-2013, 09:01 PM
In the end, it comes down to $$$.
Would YOU donate for the creation of a new P99 server?

actually no. it has nothing to do with $$$

it comes down to time. we have no time for a third server, and we have no desire to run a third server.