PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever play on PvP-Teams?

medievalerror
07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
I played here for a short time on the teams server. I never cared for straight out PvP so I didn't know what to expect, but I ended up really enjoying it (had sort of a DAoC feel). IIRC, Neutrals were always owning everyone in terms of the winning team. I only stuck it out to level 12 or so (evil Gnome Enchanter) but it was quite enjoyable.

azxten
07-25-2013, 07:46 PM
VZTZ

Kope
07-25-2013, 07:50 PM
I played TZ on live and absolutely loved it. Turned to lights vs. darks pretty early on, then xteam vs non xteam.

How the dungeons were separated by ownership by team (darks owned seb, guk, solb, lights owned MM, KC, HS etc..)

Rahkim
07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Sounds like he's talking about Sullon Zek, with the neutral and evil references.

I was the #2-4 warrior on the "good" team for awhile. That server was the most ruthless and competitive PVP I ever experienced (though Darkfall came close). EXP loss from PVP, training being a legal and common method to get rid of enemies, corpse camping being the norm, no level range to enter PVP (after level 5 you were fair game for anyone on another team), teams not having access to all classes, etc. No sane company would ever subject their players to that kind of madness these days, but it made for a unique and memorable experience.

Snackies
07-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I played TZ on live until the end of PoP and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It was sorta like teams but that was based on the race chosen, not really an alignment.

It also spiced things up in terms of strategy when you were fighting someone who had a "same-team" healer backing them up and you couldn't touch them.

Rahkim
07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Immune healers were a huge design flaw imo, always felt cheesy no matter what side of it i was on (when I played on VZ).

melkortshea
07-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I played on TZ. Was in a guild called Pax Norathia. Was a lot of fun to play. I remember the "Darkie" guild Pandemonium being one of the power guilds back then.

Good times.

Rhambuk
07-26-2013, 12:13 PM
I played TZ on live until the end of PoP and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It was sorta like teams but that was based on the race chosen, not really an alignment.

It also spiced things up in terms of strategy when you were fighting someone who had a "same-team" healer backing them up and you couldn't touch them.

TZ was my first server my first year of play, from classic through kunark. I'm not much for pvp but there were some goodtimes thats for sure.

Nirgon
07-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Most people will go evil.

People will xteam, almost immediately.

Kope
07-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I remember the "Darkie" guild Pandemonium being one of the power guilds back then

Pandemonium wasn't the darkie guild, pandemonium was the x-team guild that was created in kunark and ruled with an iron fist.

melkortshea
07-26-2013, 12:46 PM
I stand corrected. They certainly were X-Teamers.

Trojanman
07-26-2013, 12:54 PM
I played on Tallon Zek and loved it. Was in a guild early on called tiny knights that were all short races and used to ransack gfay/crushbone/unrest on a daily basis. That server brought out my hate for elves =P.

Later was in a engame guild called Sanctimony that did a ton of damage, but was cross race... sometimes you want to help kill people that are your same race =D. I certainly remember Pandemonium, Sanctimony was their only ally at the time I played TZ. (velious-luclin eras)

Kohedron
07-26-2013, 01:49 PM
I hated the free for all PvP.

I loveddddd me summa dat PvP teams.

I remember one time Nektulos crashed because all team dark elf was all on one side of zone and team hummie was all on the EC side.

They tried to zone over, but didn't go as planned

Sgt1stClassPerkerwood
07-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Some TZ Guilds - Flowers of Hapiness, Heroes of the Muffin, Emerald Alliance (noob elf guild, continually got pwned), EXCEL or EXEL (noob dark only guild, continually got pwned).

Hmmm. Legion of the Underfoot? Hmmm... who else worth remembering, aside from Pandemonium. Knights of the White Rose..

Anyone remember Nooblsayer, Noobslayyer, and Noobslayerr? Noobslayer was the finest epicd deleveld gnome rogue who would sit in GFay/Crushbone and own faces off. My version was a delevled ranger who rocked fungi and wurmy at 24 in Paladul Caverns to snare and melt faces. Good times.

My FAVORITE memory was being an 18 dark elf wizzy and my brother being an 18 dark elf mage and we'd sit in the Crushbone castle since we werent KOS to orcs. Oh man, the hell I brought on the shortys and tree huggers.

Scavrefamn
07-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Not many Vallon Zek players in this thread.

I was a legendary enchanter on VZ. Archedgar, the scourge of all that was good and righteous, murdering everyone in range;
Corpse guarding, ninja looting, bind camping, training others(especially during raids)...

Good times

Clark
07-26-2013, 02:25 PM
I hated the free for all PvP.

I loveddddd me summa dat PvP teams.

I remember one time Nektulos crashed because all team dark elf was all on one side of zone and team hummie was all on the EC side.

They tried to zone over, but didn't go as planned

lol nice

free for all was uber too, you may not have experienced the best of it

Halfelfbard
07-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Lake Rathe Arena, TMO vs Everyone on live stream. Make it happen.

Fael
07-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Sullon zeker here. I had a blast getting zerged by evils.

melkortshea
07-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Remember the term "Loot and Scoot" ?

On TZ most people honored this unwritten rule. Basically if you were killed in PVP you were allowed safe passage to loot your corpse but then you had to get the hell out of the zone for awhile.

If you kept returning to the same spot after you were defeated and not leave then corpse camping your ass was fair game.

Faerie
07-27-2013, 03:51 AM
I was a member of the exclusive elf club, on VZ. We were hardcore purists, and no dwarf, human or dark elf was safe when I was in zone.

One time I x-teamed pve duo with a halfling friend of mine, and I was so paranoid about being caught that I said we could only do it underwater. Killing loio goblins never felt so wrong! :P

liveitup1216
07-27-2013, 05:00 AM
SZ rules without the training would make for a lot less xteaming. No buffing/healing/grouping with opposing factions, only chat communication and offensive spells.