PDA

View Full Version : Why is fungi still 100k?

Kinlain
07-25-2013, 10:57 AM
I am not understanding this, with all the duping, and all the farming of fungi's. You would think the price of a fungi would have dropped 10 fold. There are so many being sold now. At first the price was justifiable by supply, and demand, but there is sure lot of supply on hand.

Lojik
07-25-2013, 11:00 AM
They are abundant true but it is an immensely useful item that is usable by many classes in many situations. There is a very strong demand for fungis plus a lot of platinum in circulation which trumps the fact that there are so many on the server. Probably the single most powerful item for leveling lower level toons.

diplo
07-25-2013, 11:11 AM
i used to have a hard time selling them for 50k back at this time last year =(

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 11:17 AM
I am not understanding this, with all the duping, and all the farming of fungi's. You would think the price of a fungi would have dropped 10 fold. There are so many being sold now. At first the price was justifiable by supply, and demand, but there is sure lot of supply on hand.

I think it is honestly because so many of them were farmed and never sold. There is an artifical shortage.

Case in point, Luca's EC auction thread recently was testing the market on selling 5 pacs & 10 pacs of fungi tunics.

Assumption would be that Luca therefor has at least 10 if not far more than 10 tunics banked on alts.

It is kind of like the diamond industry, the fact that 2 people could duo fungi king and a small group of them could rotate in and out and hold the camp and monopolize the farm essentially let people control the market.

The biggest argument I had for the price going down with the invis nerf is that by forcing people to use full groups it makes it harder for a couple of people to camp & control the market. More people in group = more chance people are selling them and/or the ability for more people to simply camp the tunic instead of being forced to buy it because they are not a level 60 shaman or monk =P

Of course the patch also caused the problem of people not knowing how to camp fungi without invis pulling, which I believe has been overcome by now since I saw full circle camping it a few times.

Now the problem is ddos causing groups there to die =P

Gaffin Deeppockets
07-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Or maybe people that farmed them want to sell right now because its nerfed to duo the camp now so price went up? Lmao.

Vaildez
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Is anyone actually paying that price?

Brut
07-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Part prob since the groups doing king don't stay together as long as the duos did. Harder to find 3-4 people to sit there clearing 12h straight than it was to get one bp cleric to unafk every 25mins for a ph kill.

Not sure why it's gone up to 100k tho, probably just people trying to artificially increase price tags by all group-pretending that the invis nerf is such a huge deal. Rest of item prices have plummeted pretty hard, RBGs went from hitting 80-90k in summer to 50-60k now. Methinks end of summer gonna result in alot of prices starting to hurtle downwards again, so folks can ask 100k for their fungis long as they want, eventually they're gonna find that they don't sell consistently for that, just like the guy's that are still asking 150k+ for their CoFs. I spent like week at EC trying to sell one for that month or two ago, gonna doubt anyone asking that is selling it until they accept a lower offer for it.

Wotsirb401
07-25-2013, 11:53 AM
I remember back before invis pulling, or when people didnt use it , we would actually pull the camp and kill mushrooms, much more fun than single pull gg

myriverse
07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Fools gonna pay 100k.
Jerks gonna sell at 100k.

Vaildez
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Fools gonna pay 100k.

Bohab
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
He is a real hassa!

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I remember back before invis pulling, or when people didnt use it , we would actually pull the camp and kill mushrooms, much more fun than single pull gg

It is also a good/decent exp camp for 58-60 and the added benefit of random zone drops of cobalt bracer, spells, green jade axe (iirc?) and if pulling frogs also potentially rbg, iksar boots etc..

Kope
07-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Items are worth exactly as much as people will pay for them. If people are purchasing them at 100k that's how much they're worth :P.

If the market decides that's too much the prices will come down.

Nirgon
07-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Supply and demand.

Next question!

Widan
07-25-2013, 01:13 PM
fungi's are 80-85k. just look at who is selling them for over 100 and you'll see it's the same people everyday since no one will buy them at that price

Issues
07-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Reasons why the price has risen and will continue to rise:

1. The best leveling tool still obtainable.

2. An item still used by level 60s even with best gear as a passive regen tool.

3. Most players have multiple toons and don't want to xfer a fungi everytime they want to play a different toon.

4. Invis nerf - The camp needs well geared players and more of them. Which means more guys having to stay put which increases the odds of having to replace members frequently. Thus a never ending cycle of less king kills per day.

5. The item is still good in velious and will be farmed even less.

6. Because sellers control the market. A guy wanting a fungi and wanting it immediately will have to pay what the market wants or be without a fungi.

dax
07-25-2013, 01:45 PM
You people make me sick! i can hardly get 300p...Capitalism at its finest

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 01:48 PM

3. Most players have multiple toons and don't want to xfer a fungi everytime they want to play a different toon.

4. Invis nerf - The camp needs well geared players and more of them. Which means more guys having to stay put which increases the odds of having to replace members frequently. Thus a never ending cycle of less king kills per day.

6. Because sellers control the market. A guy wanting a fungi and wanting it immediately will have to pay what the market wants or be without a fungi.

Actually works in reverse; sellers have never and will never control the market. They can influence it and that's about it. If the buyers don't want to buy at the price you say.... they'll move on. If sellers controlled the market you wouldn't see the same people asking for 150K over and over. You're also one of the guys TRYING to make it rise ;)

Erati
07-25-2013, 01:49 PM

this is all from the informational pamphlet handed out by the greedy price inflaters

very similar to door to door mormons, just turn off your lights n lock the doors

Dermis
07-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Quick answer: Fungi's aren't 100k right now if you're at all patient.

Tiddlywinks
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/AMmvPnF.jpg

Reguiy
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM

I tend to agree on some of these points. Though it's obvious you have at least 5 of them banked. ;)

SirAlvarex
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
If you want it for 80k, just keep trying. There's always someone wanting to make a quick buck.

For example, I got my Fungi for 65k back when they were regularly going for 80k. I spent 3 days hitting up sellers, and eventually I sent a tell to a guy that offered to only accept 65k without me giving him a price.

You will never see a fungi be broadcasted for < 85k now because if they are, they'll get bought up by resellers immediately wanting to sell at 100k. So if you want something at "below market price", either broadcast that is what you are buying at, or keep contacting sellers offering your price.

Widan
07-25-2013, 01:59 PM

These points were all just as relevant while fungi's were declining in price over the last year

These will not have immediate short term effects on the price. They will cause a slow, long term price increase.

There are a ton of fungi's sitting unsold on the market, even moreso with the duping going on, it's not hard to find one at a reasonable price.

The short of it is people think by spamming threads in the EC forum and in game with stupid prices they can convince the general population that the fungi market equilibrium is somewhere above 100k when that is clearly not the case.

Issues
07-25-2013, 02:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AMmvPnF.jpg

So you own one fungi - Thats on your toon in sebilis/chardok/charasis. Meh now you feel like leveling a different toon located in unrest

EQ is a amazingly huge world.

Have fun switching that back n forth mane.

with less new fungis being obtained daily and more players joining the server...you'd have to be extremely narrow-minded to not see the future.

Lack of product - higher demand - buyers compete - prices rise.

I merely state facts.

ArumTP
07-25-2013, 02:19 PM
They aren't 100k items, they are barely 85k items.

Fungi shot up from 65 to 85 and some people testing the waters at 100k. This price increase was strictly from resellers selling among themselves and speculative buying. They believe prices will go up, so they set continuously higher and higher prices. I've literally watched people fail to sell them at 85k one day, then try and sell it 100k the next day and still fail to sell.

Sellers will always argue, well that that's the way the economy works, but it doesn't. They are trying to advocate supply side economics. Economy fails to work that way. Price is demand driven not supply.

Aaron
07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
It's not 100k. Nobody is paying that except the guys that want to spend extra.

I see at least one every single day for 85k or less.

Kostou
07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
This applies more to low lvl-mid gear than fungis and such, but here's my two cents. (This has worked for me over the decade +)

If you think something is overpriced, please let the seller know. As a buyer you actually have a lot of power over the market.

Hey, people may consider it rude, but if I feel an item is overpriced I shoot an offer to the seller of what I would pay ( even if it is considerably lower ). As a new player to the server who has very little plat I offer what I feel is fair (Yes, someone who is established would readily spend triple on his twinks because he can, but I'm still going to use my own bank roll as a guide ) I really don't have a choice...

This usually ends with me farming my own gear or a seller taking me up on my offer. Either way is great for me.

Don't succumb to high prices and everyone will enjoy lower prices. It's not fun being a seller when nothing is being sold, right?

The last thing RMT's want is legit players paying much lower and affordable prices on gear....I think the best way to combat this is to find friendly people who aren't duping items and are playing the game how its meant to be played. If a seller isn't abusing camps and duping items, he will be more likely to sell mid lvl gear at much more affordable prices.

Ignoring these 10 bag fungi sellers and their crazy prices is the best thing a majority of the casual players can do. Just cuz there is a crazy RMT market going on doesn't mean YOU have to be part of it. For example, if you only trade within a legit guild with no dupers and such, you'll find your friends will give you much more fair prices.

I kind of went on a rant, but that's my two cents. Thanks for reading and sorry for how poorly this is written.

Happy Adventuring!

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
So you own one fungi - Thats on your toon in sebilis/chardok/charasis. Meh now you feel like leveling a different toon located in unrest

EQ is a amazingly huge world.

Have fun switching that back n forth mane.

with less new fungis being obtained daily and more players joining the server...you'd have to be extremely narrow-minded to not see the future.

Lack of product - higher demand - buyers compete - prices rise.

I merely state facts.

No you don't....please explain why there would be a lack of product? People are already openly forming groups to perma camp fungis...

Also I'll point out a again that you're one of the guys that is TRYING to make the price rise.

liveitup1216
07-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Buy that cheap fungi and get your use out of it before it gets jacked for being a dupe.

Nirgon
07-25-2013, 03:39 PM
What character that COULD wear a fungi wouldn't want to have one? You'd be dumb to say it would never be useful for you.

Silent
07-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Probably mentioned already, But now that invis pulling is nerfed. People can no longer duo/trio it. I know on red server, This made farming it very easy since compared to blue. There is either 1 group in seb, or nobody. On blue I have seen that place you can walk camp to camp with no aggro at prime time. Either way, Pre pull nerf fungi's were 60k easy on red. Now they spiked to 150k minimum, And as said again it is hard to find a group to go sit at king area for 10+ hours compared to how you used to easily be able to pull it up through the water solo with a smaller amount of people who can put in more effort for more reward. Either way I can't speak for blue economy as I don't know much of it but red fungi prices will only go up as time passes.

Nirgon
07-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Can Rogean or Nilbog confirm that there are in fact more than 150 manastones total on red?

Just wondering. Brings light to an old joke.

sulpher01
07-25-2013, 04:35 PM
I payed 45k for my fungi! :D

Clark
07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Fools gonna pay 100k.

Malone88
07-25-2013, 04:56 PM
What character that COULD wear a fungi wouldn't want to have one? You'd be dumb to say it would never be useful for you.

I'd be curious to know what percentage of Fungi owners are also RMTers...

60%?
70%?
80%?

Seems like a long and lonely road for a non-RMTer to get an item like that...

Gaffin Deeppockets
07-25-2013, 04:58 PM
I'd be curious to know what percentage of Fungi owners are also RMTers...

60%?
70%?
80%?

Seems like a long and lonely road for a non-RMTer to get an item like that...

Wow you dumb.

Malone88
07-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Wow you dumb.
Haven't been on the server for four years, like you.
Enlighten me, genius...

pasi
07-25-2013, 05:30 PM
The actual price for a Fungi right now is in the 85-90 range. It's still low because people with leftover Fungis from the patch are dumping them. The price is probably going to start climbing again in a few weeks. If you have the money, buy now.

Widan
07-25-2013, 05:43 PM
The actual price for a Fungi right now is in the 85-90 range. It's still low because people with leftover Fungis from the patch are dumping them. The price is probably going to start climbing again in a few weeks. If you have the money, buy now.

This is completely wrong and more propaganda by sellers. Prices are still high because people are still speculating and trying to cash in from the panic created by the patch notes. Prices will go down from where they are now, and then slowly increase over the next few months as the effects of the patch are felt.

This assumes a ton of them don't get deleted due to duping, in which case prices will sky rocket and ignore the above.

Issues
07-25-2013, 06:18 PM
No you don't....please explain why there would be a lack of product? People are already openly forming groups to perma camp fungis...

Also I'll point out a again that you're one of the guys that is TRYING to make the price rise.

dam server still not up so I'll dignify this ignorance with a response...

"Lack of product"

I will explain this to you in real life terms.

Lets say the King is a factory. The old factory had kings being spawned 24/7 because it only took two people that could safely afk camp for 26 minutes between pulls. Thus the product was flowing into the market at a rapid pace. I would say an average of ~4 fungis generated per day.

The king is under new management now. The factory has changed. Now you need several people camping in a very less afkable spot, meaning more need to pay attention constantly, meaning less people have the time for it. Combine that with the need for more people on the production line, they get tired. Need a break. King pulls stop because new workers need to be recruited.

Less new fungis are generated every day. That adds up to "Lack of product" - People roll new alts every day. People finally farmed enough money for a fungi every day. Because nearly *everyone* wants a fungi, or 2 or 3.

ps. server come up plz

Widan
07-25-2013, 06:25 PM
^Except that has nothing to do with current fungi prices, and the fungi market will only feel the effects of that change somewhere down the road. The supply curve will slowly shift left, it doesn't happen in a week or two.

Issues
07-25-2013, 07:11 PM
^Except that has nothing to do with current fungi prices, and the fungi market will only feel the effects of that change somewhere down the road. The supply curve will slowly shift left, it doesn't happen in a week or two.

Most of all my information is concerning the future. I'm a forward thinker because the present is obvious. Not trying to sound pretentious btw.

Only those desperate to sell or are uninformed are selling fungis for low prices. That won't last long and sure there are tons of fungis in existence but the fact that their functional and practical value is so high people keep them instead of selling period.

pasi
07-25-2013, 08:02 PM
The overall trend is that platinum becomes less valuable relative to items as time goes on. If you look at the prices of BiS and Unique (Effect Wise) Items from 6-7 months ago, you'll notice prices have slowly increased to 150-300% of their price from then. There's dips as the market becomes temporarily saturated and people are trying to get rid of their items, but the overall trend is up after the initial plummet (the first drops of items obviously don't apply).

See:
Bone Clasped Girdle
Cloak of Flames
RBB
Tranquil Staff
JBB
Tolan's Bracer
Earring of Essence
Idol of the Thorned
Cobalt Bracer
Enshrouded Veil
Spells such as Torpor
etc.

There's several exceptions (SoShielding since Chardok AE groups comes to mind), but nerfing invis pulling means you're going to see an increase in the price of Royals loot, Fungis, and Howling Stones BiS/unique loot.

kaev
07-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Meh. All they gotta do is destroy a few hundred million duped/rmt'd pp and the prices will get more reasonable. For a little while anyway.

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 08:23 PM
dam server still not up so I'll dignify this ignorance with a response...

"Lack of product"

I will explain this to you in real life terms.

Lets say the King is a factory. The old factory had kings being spawned 24/7 because it only took two people that could safely afk camp for 26 minutes between pulls. Thus the product was flowing into the market at a rapid pace. I would say an average of ~4 fungis generated per day.

The king is under new management now. The factory has changed. Now you need several people camping in a very less afkable spot, meaning more need to pay attention constantly, meaning less people have the time for it. Combine that with the need for more people on the production line, they get tired. Need a break. King pulls stop because new workers need to be recruited.

Less new fungis are generated every day. That adds up to "Lack of product" - People roll new alts every day. People finally farmed enough money for a fungi every day. Because nearly *everyone* wants a fungi, or 2 or 3.

ps. server come up plz

But thats not true... there are people who plan to just poopsock it nonstop in shifts.

IE same number of fungis popping out of your factory. You seem ignorant or just purposely misleading.

Widan
07-25-2013, 08:24 PM
The overall trend is that platinum becomes less valuable relative to items as time goes on. If you look at the prices of BiS and Unique (Effect Wise) Items from 6-7 months ago, you'll notice prices have slowly increased to 150-300% of their price from then. There's dips as the market becomes temporarily saturated and people are trying to get rid of their items, but the overall trend is up after the initial plummet (the first drops of items obviously don't apply).

See:
Bone Clasped Girdle
Cloak of Flames
RBB
Tranquil Staff
JBB
Tolan's Bracer
Earring of Essence
Idol of the Thorned
Cobalt Bracer
Enshrouded Veil
Spells such as Torpor
etc.

I can't tell if you're trolling or just like posting the completely wrong things over and over again, but anyways..

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/

[2 weeks ago] Gabiani auctions, '(WTS) Fungi Tunic, 70k, Cloak of Flames 135k
[3 weeks ago] Veloci auctions, '(WTS) { Rod of Annihilation Rod of Annihilation} 310k ,{ Cloak of Flames } 135k, { Thex Dagger } 110k, { Hierophant's Cloak } 45k (WTS).'
[11 weeks ago] Jellojigglers auctions, '(WTS) Cloak of Flames 150k.'
[20 weeks ago] Rozey auctions, '(WTS) cloak of flames 145k.'

[4 days ago] Kinamur auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 95k..'
[5 weeks ago] Systemic auctions, '(WTS) Hierophant's Cloak 50k , Runed Bolster Belt 100k.'
[11 weeks ago] Daker auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 95k .'
[41 weeks ago] Tmomule auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 70k.'
[64 weeks ago] Natediaz auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 70K.'

[2 days ago] Malphite auctions, 'Jaundiced Bone Bracer 40k.'
[4 weeks ago] Zazche auctions, '(WTS) Jaundiced Bone Bracer Jaundiced Bone Bracer 45k.'
[19 weeks ago] Fatmode auctions, '(WTB) Jaundiced Bone Bracer 45k /// Burnished Wooden Stave (WTB).'

The overall trend is that everything becomes less valuable over time as more and more of it enters the economy. Please stop shit posting in this thread trying to convince people who don't understand economics that they should be overpaying for items.

You seem... purposely misleading.

It's this. EC sellers use every thread to try to convince people why they should be paying high prices for their items.

Khaleesi
07-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Now the problem is ddos causing groups there to die =P

Which I call balance.

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
This just in price went up to 500k cause the server is down and you just can't get them right now!

Nordenwatch
07-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Probably mentioned already, But now that invis pulling is nerfed. People can no longer duo/trio it. I know on red server, This made farming it very easy since compared to blue. There is either 1 group in seb, or nobody. On blue I have seen that place you can walk camp to camp with no aggro at prime time. Either way, Pre pull nerf fungi's were 60k easy on red. Now they spiked to 150k minimum, And as said again it is hard to find a group to go sit at king area for 10+ hours compared to how you used to easily be able to pull it up through the water solo with a smaller amount of people who can put in more effort for more reward. Either way I can't speak for blue economy as I don't know much of it but red fungi prices will only go up as time passes.

;)

Issues
07-26-2013, 02:00 PM
But thats not true... there are people who plan to just poopsock it nonstop in shifts.

IE same number of fungis popping out of your factory. You seem ignorant or just purposely misleading.

lol man. You must be trollin me. Either that or your lack of perception is astounding.

People will make themselves believe and say anything to not be wrong.

Even if your mystery people poopsocking king in nonstop shifts are real....way more people involved than 2. Still less new fungis being sold.

I totally believe you though. Seems legit.

contemptor
07-26-2013, 02:07 PM
;)
Duo would pretty tough.. Trio I could see, just not as easy before. Monk enc cleric, or enc enc cleric!

xarzzardorn
07-26-2013, 02:09 PM
people should just get banned for making worthless armchair economist posts

also that guy meant duo/trioing it without excruciating levels of tedium/class minmaxing

lecompte
07-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Hrm, Fungi trio. Shaman/monk/rogue? Shaman/Monk/Monk?

Issues
07-26-2013, 02:45 PM
ofc it can still be done with 2/3 but more set up time, more risk and more attention has to be paid so its an over all slower process equating to less fungi per day

lets beat the dead horse some more since the server is down

fungi prices gonna rise and keep rising

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/dealwithitneti.gif

lecompte
07-26-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't think so. Market can only be saturated so far. Only reason they are the price they are now is the super wealthy people have one on each char instead of trading it around :)

Detoxx
07-26-2013, 03:37 PM
;)

I see what you did there!

ArumTP
07-26-2013, 04:01 PM

See:
Bone Clasped Girdle
Cloak of Flames
RBB
Tranquil Staff
JBB
Tolan's Bracer
Earring of Essence
Idol of the Thorned
Cobalt Bracer
Enshrouded Veil
Spells such as Torpor
etc.

There's several exceptions (SoShielding since Chardok AE groups comes to mind), but nerfing invis pulling means you're going to see an increase in the price of Royals loot, Fungis, and Howling Stones BiS/unique loot.

Bought a tolans bracer for 5.8 k 3 days ago, after it being 10k just 3 weeks prior. I didn't even haggle to get it at that price.

T Staff was 60k 3 weeks ago, people are now currently struggling to push them at 45k.

JBB, was 55kish 3 weeks ago, people struggle to move it at 40k.

All other things you list prices have remained flat.

Only fungi prices rise, and rise fast due to speculative investors. It jumped from 65k to 100k in a month.

pasi
07-26-2013, 04:26 PM
For the examples I posted:

Lets go back and look at prices a year ago compared to now.

Bone Clasped Girdle 120k then 300k+ now
Cloak of Flames 100k then 140k now
RBB (you even posted this one, 70k then 90k now)
Tranquil Staff 28k then, 50k now
JBB 25k then 45k now
Tolan's Bracer 5kish then 10kish now
Earring of Essence 4kish then 6k now
Idol of the Thorned 6kish then 8kish now
Cobalt Bracer (I shouldn't have listed this one, I haven't seen a set price. Even in the past month or two, I've seen them auctioned for 50k and for 80k).
Enshrouded Veil 4-6k then 7-8k now.
Torpor 30k then 80k now.

Really, most 'good' items have gone up in value from a year ago. If you don't think the 'good' items that were farmed with invis pulling (HS South, Fungi, Royals, etc.) are going to increase in value over the few months until Velious, that's fine.

Arum, yeah - It's not that stuff doesn't go down in price from week to week - it definitely does. I'm arguing that prices on desirable items (BiS, near-BiS, or Unique Clicks) have gone up in price over the past year.

Edit: I can add more examples if needed.

Widan
07-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Go back and look at my post and stop trolling. All the logs at ahungry.com show you are incorrect.

Edit: I can add more examples if needed.

You haven't given us any examples. Post some logs.

This was my favorite from your examples. 64 weeks ago - 70k. 4 days ago - 95k.

Which still refutes your point of 150%-300% price increases. I literally just took your first 3 examples that had sufficient data and they all proved your hypothesis wrong. It's amazing how people refuse to concede arguments on this server even when the data is staring them in the face.

pasi
07-26-2013, 04:32 PM
[4 days ago] Kinamur auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 95k..'
[5 weeks ago] Systemic auctions, '(WTS) Hierophant's Cloak 50k , Runed Bolster Belt 100k.'
[11 weeks ago] Daker auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 95k .'
[41 weeks ago] Tmomule auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 70k.'
[64 weeks ago] Natediaz auctions, '(WTS) Runed Bolster Belt 70K.'

This was my favorite from your examples. 64 weeks ago - 70k. 4 days ago - 95k.

pasi
07-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I was using the forums instead of ahungry since I'm not sure if ahungry goes back far enough for these examples.

Go to the EC forum and look from pages 500-700 and scan for high-end items.

Here's some for Cloak of Flames from almost a year ago.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83166
looking for 84k on cloak of flames

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83781
WTS Cloak of Flames - 75k

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83822
Cloak of Flames: 90k or fungi + plat trade

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83179

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81921
Taking offers on cloak of flames, PM me here on the forums.

Sold for 90k

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79518
Cloak of Flames - 100k

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84014
Cloak of Flames - 90k - FIRM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84783
Cloak of Flames 90k obo

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83818
36% haste -- RBG only 27. RBB only 31.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87489
100k, or trade for a BCG

BCG - an item that's tripled in value!

versus
[2 weeks ago] Gabiani auctions, '(WTS) Fungi Tunic, 70k, Cloak of Flames 135k
[3 weeks ago] Veloci auctions, '(WTS) { Rod of Annihilation Rod of Annihilation} 310k ,{ Cloak of Flames } 135k, { Thex Dagger } 110k, { Hierophant's Cloak } 45k (WTS).'
[11 weeks ago] Jellojigglers auctions, '(WTS) Cloak of Flames 150k.'
[20 weeks ago] Rozey auctions, '(WTS) cloak of flames 145k.'

Really, at this point I don't have anything to gain from posting. I haven't farmed since Fungis were 45k and really have no need of money outside of stuff like an Efreeti Belt which never goes on sale or gearing up my 7th alt. If you want to look up other examples, be my guest. Fungis are going to climb in value in the next few months whether or not you bitch and moan about it or not.

Widan
07-26-2013, 05:18 PM
I think maybe you are just misunderstanding the math of your original argument. All the price increases you're posting are 30-60% or so. If a CoF increased from 90k-225k that would be a 150% price increase.

It'd be interesting to see the rate of platinum entering the economy because it seems that platinum inflates much quicker than items do (which makes sense because platinum organically enters the economy much quicker than items) which would make a 30% increase over a year or two have no negative effect on purchasing power, but we don't have any data available to look at those trends as far as I know.

pasi
07-26-2013, 05:32 PM
I think maybe you are just misunderstanding the math of your original argument. All the price increases you're posting are 30-60% or so. If a CoF increased from 90k-225k that would be a 150% price increase.

prices have slowly increased to 150-300% of their price from then

slowly increased to 150-300% of their price

increased to 150-300%

increased to

runlvlzero
07-26-2013, 08:24 PM
This happens as more people play the game and plat seeps into the market. Population went from a steady 300-500 to almost 800 at primetime. Thats a lot of coin getting looted. Its got to go somewhere. Since the entire server is permacamped (not a bad thing). The market is thriving and plat gets sucked up into the top tiers quickly.

The only thing that will reduce that is expansion drastically devaluing old gear. Gear becoming more easily camp able. Or a huge disappearance of population taking their gear and plat with them. (Turn over).

There is no conspiracy here... I don't think RMTers are a huge problem on this server based on the above facts alone. If they were it would be like 250k for a Fungi. (which I think it did get to around that on sullon at some point)

Orotiagito
07-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Fungi's haven't been duped in my opinion, and they will only increase in price with the recent nerf to soloing the camps.

Seems to me that people want all these hardcore items to drop in price so they can afford it. I don't think its fair or safe to say that every item in the game is duped just because you can't afford them.

ArumTP
07-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Fungi's haven't been duped in my opinion, and they will only increase in price with the recent nerf to soloing the camps.

Seems to me that people want all these hardcore items to drop in price so they can afford it. I don't think its fair or safe to say that every item in the game is duped just because you can't afford them.

Pre-patch fungi was going for 65kish, post patch people are trying to patch it 100k+ this is speculative gouging. The price doesn't reflect true demand. Just because the camp isn't solo-able or duo-able doesn't justify the price spike. Crypt camp has just as desirable drops (hiero cloak), and that price has dropped. Fungi is a twink item, monk item or shaman item. It isn't quite even end game item like a hiero.

Splorf22
07-26-2013, 11:28 PM
There may be a gradual trend towards inflation, but I think it's been overwhelmed by:

a) the IB sellof
b) the huge fall in population last summer
c) the moderate fall in population this summer

Take the BCG: It was 200k+ originally, then hit 90k during the IB sellof, stayed low last summer, and then returned to 250k last winter, and has mostly stayed the same since.

A better argument is green dragon scales. Those just seem to be going up from like 100k last summer.

runlvlzero
07-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Every melee - non healer needs one though for w/e they want to regen end game without a group effort for stuff. Demand will always be high as long as people are making alts/toons/melee's or new pop joins for turning them over from older accounts and keeping them circulating.

Price will go up when camp is less camped. If ever on this server. And more toons are in velious and more noobs are willing to pay for it. Supply and demand there.

Bantam 1
07-26-2013, 11:31 PM

I think you missed what everyone is saying and the point of the thread. If you look it up it was decreasing in value.

Splorf22
07-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Pre-patch fungi was going for 65kish, post patch people are trying to patch it 100k+ this is speculative gouging. The price doesn't reflect true demand. Just because the camp isn't solo-able or duo-able doesn't justify the price spike. Crypt camp has just as desirable drops (hiero cloak), and that price has dropped. Fungi is a twink item, monk item or shaman item. It isn't quite even end game item like a hiero.

Generally speaking speculators smooth out prices. Those people were buying/hoarding fungis prepatch (and thus preventing the price from hitting 50k) and selling them now at 85k (and thus preventing the price from hitting 100k). I have been experimenting with some king pull methods recently and the king has been open most of the time - if I had to guess, I'd say we're getting 1/4 as many fungi tunics / hour out of the king as before. Now maybe a lot of that is the lag attacks, but still. I'm quite sure the price would be much higher if we had no idea an invis pulling nerf was coming.