PDA

View Full Version : 5 Great Reasons to Wipe it Clean

Pages : [1] 2

Stinkum
07-25-2013, 02:50 AM
#1. Shit's so overfarmed that people are now selling 10-packs (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115999) of Fungi Tunics.

http://i.imgur.com/jZ66lW2.png

#2. Kunark has been out since March 2011 (2 1/2 years).

http://i.imgur.com/7747zOd.png

#3. Rampant duping.

http://i.imgur.com/74803qp.png

#4. Stick it to the RMTers.

http://i.imgur.com/5av3LER.png

#5. Because the kind of people against it are so addicted they should probably unplug from EQ anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/7YfFETj.png

Swish
07-25-2013, 03:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JsDPlF4.gif

Particularly enjoyed the Velious skeleton pic :p

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Yeah a lot of fishy stuff on the server last couple of days....

Loli Pops
07-25-2013, 03:27 AM
http://imgur.com/v6LHRIt.jpg

Treats
07-25-2013, 03:54 AM
Just take the server down until Velious, fuck it.

OMGWTF420
07-25-2013, 04:01 AM
babylon, you will fall. your days are numbered

Tasslehofp99
07-25-2013, 04:59 AM
Just take the server down until Velious, fuck it.

Maybe?

raff01
07-25-2013, 08:15 AM
One good reason to wipe it clean is to have a true classic server.
Wipe it back to classic, release Kunark 13 months later and Velious 9 months after.
Right now, whatever you do, the economy and population of the game is anything but classic.

Briscoe
07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
My favorite part of these threads is when the "wipe it clean" crowd explains how wiping it clean will get rid of the RMT and duping crowd.

Breeziyo
07-25-2013, 09:02 AM
My favorite part of these threads is when the "wipe it clean" crowd explains how wiping it clean will get rid of the RMT and duping crowd.

Foreal. People don't seem to grasp that it will STILL happen regardless of if they lose their current characters / items / plat.

Wiping the server does not prevent them from playing and continuing to do everything that they're currently doing. All it does is fuck over the entire population of the server because a bunch of shitters want to get rid of a small portion of the playerbase in the most pants on head retarded manner possible.

Barkingturtle
07-25-2013, 09:31 AM
When my butt gets shitty I wipe it. Why wouldn't we treat the server as well as we treat our butts?

Seriously though, this:

One good reason to wipe it clean is to have a true classic server.
Wipe it back to classic, release Kunark 13 months later and Velious 9 months after.
Right now, whatever you do, the economy and population of the game is anything but classic.

Is the most valid reason for a wipe and it's why I support the sentiment.

For all the talk of a "classic" experience being the ultimate goal there is nothing more non-classic than this timeline we're on. I'd also argue RMT would take a serious hit because the playing-field would be re-leveled and the lazy shitheads who currently buy plat and thus support the duping and RMT would have less of an impetus to do so. Sadly, nothing will totally eliminate that cheating, duping, RMTing element from this server, I'm afraid--because the lure of cash is greater motivation than anything those combating it can muster--but it could at least be made less tantalizing if players didn't feel so far behind.

And I'm a guy who's been here since Day One, I have hundreds of thousands of plat and I'm here for the nostalgic journey--not the wanton accumulation of pixels. Personally, I don't think I'll play here again till there's either a wipe or a fresh server running alongside this tumor-ravaged Original P99.

Raavak
07-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Or just go Euro and get a bidet.

Aaron
07-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Server will never be wiped for two reasons: most players would not come back, and new players would be reluctant to play for fear of another wipe.

Also, nilbog has said there will never be a wipe. So there's that.

Stop these threads now. They're retarded.

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 09:46 AM
http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/aliens_classicscenes1.jpg

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

feanan
07-25-2013, 09:51 AM
If I was in charge, I'd wipe it just so I could watch the epic thread that would result, with all the tears. Boohoo.

Do you think this server is going to stay around forever? You going to pass your characters down in your will to your children? Log in 50 years from now so you can show your grandkids all your cool velious loot?

Server is compromised. Period.

Best idea is to open a brand new server, and let all the RMT's and dupers stay here, jerking off with their phat lewts and millions of pp.

1. new server, exploits and bugs patched, no character sales
or
2. wipe this server clean.
or
3. delete all items except no drop, and all pp from everyone in game

Kinlain
07-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Man screw a wipe, I just spent 48 hours getting to level 6. I can only imagine how long its going to take me to get to 60. If there is a wipe I can garantee you people will be livid, prob borderline suicidal.

khanable
07-25-2013, 09:55 AM
wipe it clean! wipe it clean!

-everyone < level 20

bled12345
07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Haha not going to lie... Ive been lurking in the shadows anxiously hoping at some point there is a fresh p99. Theres nothing like a brand new server! I was stoked at red99 not for the pvp, but the chance to play again on an equal playing field, but eventually gave up around level 14 on the warrior I made on red, when it became apparent there were no groups.... and like the first 14 levels, I would have to solo my way to 50 haha.

ultimately its the devs call, but I for one would have mu ass glued to the chair playing p99 once again like a fiend if there was a chance to do all again from the very beginning. A lot of people, just like on live didnt hear about or start on this server until it was well on its way to kunark.

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Is there a way that you could wipe everything except what everyone has equipped? Casual players without banks full of farmed loot would wouldn't feel the crunch so badly. Legitimately filled guild banks might suffer but they would still be better off than a complete wipe would leave them.

I know there would still be gear hidden on alts and.mules, but it might be better than the.nuclear option. Just brainstorming.

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Is there a way that you could wipe everything except what everyone has equipped? Casual players without banks full of farmed loot would wouldn't feel the crunch so badly. Legitimately filled guild banks might suffer but they would still be better off than a complete wipe would leave them.

I know there would still be gear hidden on alts and.mules, but it might be better than the.nuclear option. Just brainstorming.

Ideas like this are so poorly thought out that they make my head hurt and are the reason why wipe it threads get torn apart so hard.

You suggest a solution, then also point out the gigantic glaring problem with your solution.

Delete all the items people do not have equiped? okay, go make an army of alts and equip everything.

The only people who get screwed are the people with no drop resist gear, gm event items (guise, oogly stick etc).. blah blah blah

Net result = duped items, rmt-ers etc keep their shit
honest players = screwed

great solution.

Wiping the server is not the answer.

Starting a new server is.

And they can only start a new server once the current dupe is fixed otherwise it will repeat itself on day 1.

I would be 1000000% for a new server, classic time line, proper level balance for content, proper inflation etc.

Wiping this server is dumb, let people sit on their pile of pixles if they want to. When the population naturally shifts from p1999 to p1999 new then you can end of life the original server. Forcing people to transfer is bad business for all of the previously states reasons in other posts.

Norrath
07-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the draw of this server to relive the classic EQ experience? Didn't we all come here b/c we missed the days of playing EQ as it was back in 1999? So, why such strong resistance to starting from scratch on a clean server and doing a true progression of Vanilla - Kunark - Velious?

And btw - RMT and duping, in my opinion, is a separate point of conversation b/c it needs to be addressed and eliminated regardless of a server reset. Therefore, I don't think it's appropriate to include that as a pro/con of the server reset discussion. Wipe or no wipe, the server will still suffer from these problems until they are specifically and holistically addressed.

nov072008
07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Right now this server is basically a twink server. There is some new population coming in, but how long before the new players and the people who don't like the state of this server quit playing. All I hear about is, if they wipe it, a bunch of people will quit playing...

So why not leave the server for the infested shitheads who wanna keep playing and create a new one for the people who want to experience an actual classic experience. Even if it split the population during primetime, thats still like 400 players per server which is more than this server had for a long time.

Hawala
07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Wipe it!

nov072008
07-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the draw of this server to relive the classic EQ experience? Didn't we all come here b/c we missed the days of playing EQ as it was back in 1999? So, why such strong resistance to starting from scratch on a clean server and doing a true progression of Vanilla - Kunark - Velious?

And btw - RMT and duping, in my opinion, is a separate point of conversation b/c it needs to be addressed and eliminated regardless of a server reset. Therefore, I don't think it's appropriate to include that as a pro/con of the server reset discussion. Wipe or no wipe, the server will still suffer from these problems until they are specifically and holistically addressed.

Because they want to protect their time investment (and money), regardless whether that's in the best interest of the server.

jbidrovo
07-25-2013, 10:49 AM
I agree that wiping the current server is a pretty selfish solution. If making a new server was an option, I'd pick that.

nov072008
07-25-2013, 10:52 AM
This is basically like Easy Server. You login and immediately see level 1-20s carrying EPICS.

Flamewraith
07-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Why is it whenever a problem presents itself the first thing the forums does is goes into a "NEW SERVER NAO! WIPE IT OUT NAOOOOOO!" Rampage?

Hawala
07-25-2013, 10:55 AM
It's not like it's going to matter. Soon enough people are going to get sick of playing on a constantly DDoSed server.

also

This is basically like Easy Server. You login and immediately see level 1-20s carrying EPICS.

Weekapaug
07-25-2013, 10:55 AM

And they can only start a new server once the current dupe is fixed otherwise it will repeat itself on day 1.

I would be 1000000% for a new server, classic time line, proper level balance for content, proper inflation etc.

Wiping this server is dumb, let people sit on their pile of pixles if they want to. When the population naturally shifts from p1999 to p1999 new then you can end of life the original server. Forcing people to transfer is bad business for all of the previously states reasons in other posts.

This^^^

Haven't played continuously or since the very beginning and I would love a crack at day 1 on a new server, but after velious has been out long enough for all the bugs to get worked out....Would be sweet to see what p99 would look like with a fresh start with a classic timeline without being a work in progress. See the fruits of all the work that went into this in it's purist state, as it were.

But wiping would be ridiculous.

Missingo
07-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Server is far from classic at this point, it's like the other emu's..... WTS AoN!!

Hawala
07-25-2013, 10:58 AM
WTS 35-pack of AoN

Missingo
07-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Ideas like this are so poorly thought out that they make my head hurt and are the reason why wipe it threads get torn apart so hard.

You suggest a solution, then also point out the gigantic glaring problem with your solution.

Delete all the items people do not have equiped? okay, go make an army of alts and equip everything.

The only people who get screwed are the people with no drop resist gear, gm event items (guise, oogly stick etc).. blah blah blah

Net result = duped items, rmt-ers etc keep their shit
honest players = screwed

great solution.

I agree, new server would be the best idea.

Hawala
07-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I agree, new server would be the best idea.

Okay fine, should I host it from my laptop?

Peener
07-25-2013, 11:01 AM
This entire thread is unbelievably stupid.

Hirbow
I know A LOT of people that would come back to classic eq if a server wipe would occur. For those people that say they would quit, I can guarantee they would at least try the new wipe or eventually come back.
EQ its all about competition and gear. Once there's no competition or gear to obtain- what do you have left?
It has been proven, hence why everytime there's a new EQ classic emulator server, it always gets packed :).
This will promote the server life line for another 3-4 years.

skorge

Yea I can see people duping cracked staffs on day one...but seriously duping wouldn't present a problem until at least 6 months or so in Vannilla EQ. Mainly because nobody will have plat to buy high-end items. The biggest item of concern would be the manastone.

Basically what I'm saying is they could release a new server now and have at least 2-3 months to work on the dupe fix while we are playing.

Splitquick
I just started on this server a few days ago... but while reading through the forums and seeing the state of the economy while logged on... it really does seem a new server would help everyone.

I hear the end game content is camped to all hell... if a new server opened maybe some of those people/guilds would move to the new server and alleviate some of the end-game congestion they have on p99.

Also, it is a little disheartening to be running around as a true newb with a short sword, happy as hell to be playing the original everquest, and have someone run by with 2k worth of gear on the same level as me.

Having a fresh crack at a new server would certainly draw in a fresh crowd, as the 5-6 people I've tried to get to come back to EQ looked it up, saw the state of the end-game and economy and basically turned away from it immediately.

Since I'm new to these forums... how likely would a fresh server be? (Not a wipe since it looks like that would never happen based off how many people have max lvl chars and years of time invested)

I just wouldn't even waste time playing on this server if a new server was a possibility.

Hawala
07-25-2013, 11:02 AM
I know A LOT of people that would come back to classic eq if a server wipe would occur. For those people that say they would quit, I can guarantee they would at least try the new wipe or eventually come back.
EQ its all about competition and gear. Once there's no competition or gear to obtain- what do you have left?
It has been proven, hence why everytime there's a new EQ classic emulator server, it always gets packed :).

Lojik
07-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Also, it is a little disheartening to be running around as a true newb with a short sword, happy as hell to be playing the original everquest, and have someone run by with 2k worth of gear on the same level as me.

Only 2k worth of gear? They not far from being true noob either.

Splorf22
07-25-2013, 11:04 AM

It would obviously get worse, not better.

nov072008
07-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Most of the bugs are worked out. As for cheating/duping.. it happens all the time everywhere in every game. People will invest more time trying to hack P99 than the Programmers for P99 can invest to constantly prevent it.

The problem is from the accumulation of cheating, duping, and account selling over the life of this server. It's called Damage Over Time.

Why not make a new server if the population can support both? Honestly I think it can.

Splorf22
07-25-2013, 11:06 AM

There will be a new server. I'm quite sure Nilbog looks at our current server as the extended beta. But the correct time to release said new server is the day Velious launches.

Kinlain
07-25-2013, 11:07 AM
I agree that wiping the current server is a pretty selfish solution. If making a new server was an option, I'd pick that.

Starting a new server would only split the 800 people population in two. Since I am sure some people would not want to start over again. So 400 people on each server. I don't think thats really a good idea. It will also add more work for the devs/gms to monitor two servers instead of one.

Peener
07-25-2013, 11:08 AM
I just started on this server a few days ago

it really does seem a new server would help everyone.

newsmurf
07-25-2013, 11:09 AM
does a single one of these dipshits asking to wipe the server have a lvl 50+ character?.

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Yea I can see people duping cracked staffs on day one...but seriously duping wouldn't present a problem until at least 6 months or so in Vannilla EQ. Mainly because nobody will have plat to buy high-end items. The biggest item of concern would be the manastone.

Basically what I'm saying is they could release a new server now and have at least 2-3 months to work on the dupe fix while we are playing.

Yup you make a good point.

Duping is a lot easier to control on a new server as well since if some ass hole pops up with 500k 1 month in you can safely assume they duped it all =P

Honestly, can we change this discussion about how much $ is needed to buy better networking equipment to stop ddos to be how much $ is needed to simply spin up a new p1999 blue?

nov072008
07-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Starting a new server would only split the 800 people population in two. Since I am sure some people would not want to start over again. So 400 people on each server. I don't think thats really a good idea. It will also add more work for the devs/gms to monitor two servers instead of one.

400 Per server is more than this server had for a long time. Aside from that, it would draw new and old players back to the P99.

Aggrow
07-25-2013, 11:12 AM
I would love a fresh start option. If not a wipe then for sure a new server with no expacs

kaev

^^^

xCry0x
There will be a new server. I'm quite sure Nilbog looks at our current server as the extended beta. But the correct time to release said new server is the day Velious launches.

Why?

The assumption I would make is the new server would follow the proper timeline, whatever that is. IE 1 yr original followed by 1 year kunark then 1 year velious.

In order to get to the fabled velious expansion we would be looking at this time 2015. (with the time line i just 100% made up =P)

So instead of waiting for velious then starting it, you start it now.

Meiva
07-25-2013, 11:15 AM
I sincerely love P1999. Let us all invest in a new server...

Please remember that the people that have brought this server to us has most-likely invested their own money. Will they wipe this server clean... NO! This is not going to happen. Our devs need financial help to make this work. This isn't a FTP server with $10 armor appearance upgrades... This has always boggled me...

I honestly believe that if we began a donation pool for a new server that our development lords would oblige. Would you like a new server? Donate a dollar, or two, or ten... We'd have a fresh server with less errors as before.

Let's please respect the Devs of P99. I see far too much bashing than positive comments. They work hard to give us all pixel pleasure.

Splitquick
07-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Start a collection to spin up a new blue server... I'd probably toss $100 in right off the bat. :P

Kinlain
Why?

The assumption I would make is the new server would follow the proper timeline, whatever that is. IE 1 yr original followed by 1 year kunark then 1 year velious.

In order to get to the fabled velious expansion we would be looking at this time 2015. (with the time line i just 100% made up =P)

So instead of waiting for velious then starting it, you start it now.

August 2nd, 2013.... EQNext, will show its face to the world.

LordSterben

Damn dude! You need to relax. It wouldn't be brainstorming if the input were well thought out. I'm just throwing an idea out there...I honestly can't say that this game is important enough for anything I say about it to be "well thought out." Lol.

Woe unto the poor souls who take this crap so seriously.

bled12345
07-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Id pitch 100 easy too lol. It would be money saved not having to buy shitty new games for awhile haha

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Damn dude! You need to relax. It wouldn't be brainstorming if the input were well thought out. I'm just throwing an idea out there...I honestly can't say that this game is important enough for anything I say about it to be "well thought out." Lol.

Whoa unto the poor souls who take this crap so seriously.

Sorry man, I am tired and in a bad mood =/

That was unnecessarily asshole-ish

Fountree
07-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Whoa unto the poor souls who take this crap so seriously.

Confirmed moran. Pretty easy to not care when you started playing here 3 weeks ago.

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Confirmed moran. Pretty easy to not care when you started playing here 3 weeks ago.

I also had a glaring auto correct error on there. Did you catch it for bonus points?? =)

Fountree
07-25-2013, 11:24 AM
whoa/woe? Yes that's what I'm referring to. Dumbass.

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 11:25 AM

http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/dont-know-if-serious-or-just-joking-thumb.jpg

PS- Its moron.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 11:25 AM
does a single one of these dipshits asking to wipe the server have a lvl 50+ character?.

no.

wiping is a terrible idea. you would alienate a large majority of your player-base. a roll-back would do the same thing. people have made a lot of progress and put in more effort despite the DDOS. if anything, accomplishments are more rewarding for having done it in spite of the lag.

starting a new server would just fragment the population, making the game worse. only the hard-cores and the just-started would move, leaving only the casuals with no interest in restarting on the existing server.

if this game were wiped or if the player-base were segmented, i would have no reason to continue playing here. i have such a huge back log of games accumulated on steam, some of which i've never played. the new borderlands 2 DLC dropped just a few weeks ago. shadowrun goes live today. maybe i'll finally play deep space or fallen enchantress. i don't have all champs unlocked in league of legends. has anybody heard about eq next?

the title of this thread is misleading. OP actually gives zero good reasons to wipe.

daebak
07-25-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm 100% for a wipe of the server. I already lost a lot in these DDOS's so I'm okay with it. I can see why people would be against it though. A lot of people invest a load of time into their characters. I'm still for the reset, and I still would be if I didn't lose a lot in the DDOS's.

Fountree
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
no.

wiping is a terrible idea. you would alienate a large majority of your player-base. a roll-back would do the same thing. people have made a lot of progress and put in more effort despite the DDOS. if anything, accomplishments are more rewarding for having done it in spite of the lag.

starting a new server would just fragment the population, making the game worse. only the hard-cores and the just-started would move, leaving only the casuals with no interest in restarting on the existing server.

if this game were wiped or if the player-base were segmented, i would have no reason to continue playing here. i have such a huge back log of games accumulated on steam, some of which i've never played. the new borderlands 2 DLC dropped just a few weeks ago. shadowrun goes live today. maybe i'll finally play deep space or fallen enchantress. i don't have all champs unlocked in league of legends. has anybody heard about eq next?

the title of this thread is misleading. OP actually gives zero good reasons to wipe.

+1 :D

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Sorry man, I am tired and in a bad mood =/

That was unnecessarily asshole-ish

It's okay, really. I knew it wasn't a solution...I thought maybe it could spark a better idea or new avenue of.approach to a solution. And the problems lately have everyone on edge.

Kinlain
no.

SoE will be livestreaming EQNext on August 2nd, so hopfully beta will be around dec 2013/jan 2014.

Splitquick
I'm 100% for a wipe of the server. I already lost a lot in these DDOS's so I'm okay with it. I can see why people would be against it though. A lot of people invest a load of time into their characters. I'm still for the reset, and I still would be if I didn't lose a lot in the DDOS's.

Looking at this thread it's pretty apparent that a wipe is extremely unlikely, and would also piss off every veteran of this server, which is understandable.

General consensus seems to be that a fresh server would be the answer, although there's a lot of vets that disagree with this also, even though it wouldn't directly affect them unless their guild left or friends left or something of that nature.

Even if the population were fragmented, 400 people on each server is hardly low population. I would consider 100-150 low pop.

And a fresh, clean server may start at 400... but I think that server would climb to 700 pretty quickly just because of the draw of a brand new server and no one being high level or geared up.

rickjames

leaving only the casuals with no interest in restarting on the existing server.

leaving only the casuals

the casuals

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pet-battles/

Samoht
07-25-2013, 11:31 AM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pet-battles/

not touching poke-wow and it's pay-to-win (http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001331) model.

Peener
07-25-2013, 11:31 AM
SoE will be livestreaming EQNext on August 2nd, so hopfully beta will be around dec 2013/jan 2014.

...Really? You're going to plug that here? The only reason this server exists in the first place is because SOE is a bunch of fuck ups.

Splorf22
07-25-2013, 11:32 AM
There are two very good reasons to boot up a new server the day velious launches.

1. A huge number of people will come back for Velious. I have talked before about how insanely overcrowded it will be - I'm guessing we'll have 1500-2000 logged in at prime time if nothing is done. And while that number is not so terrible in and of itself, when 1000 of those players are L55+ you can begin to see the problem. A new server would draw off a significant fraction of players.

2. Nilbog is still working on Velious and doesn't know how long it will take to finish. Even if he thinks it is extremely likely to finish in the next two years (I certainly hope so!) he probably doesn't want to split his efforts between working on Velious and looking after a new server.

Hirbow
07-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Start a collection to spin up a new blue server... I'd probably toss $100 in right off the bat. :P

ditto - me too

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 11:34 AM
no.

He gave about 4 truthfully. You can turn around your comment - the only people who want the server not to be touched are ones that have invested huge amounts of time on it and are thus biased.

Something is wrong when there's a guy selling a 10 pack of fungi tunics. Also when people are trying to raise the prices by purely monopolizing camps.

Fountree
07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
the only people who want the server not to be touched are ones that have invested huge amounts of time on it and are thus biased.

Add nilbog to that list. I've heard it straight from him when asked about a wipe. You mad?

Splitquick
07-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Add nilbog to that list. I've heard it straight from him when asked about a wipe. You mad?

No one is really on the suggestion of a wipe anymore. So no, no one is mad.

We've moved on to the suggestion of a fresh server. :P

nov072008
07-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I mean really how hard would it be to create a a table called Item_origin to create a relationship with the Items table. So Basically anytime an item drops from a mob, it creates a new unique id within Item_origin which also contains columns: Item_origin.timestamp, Item_origin.mobID, Item_origin.charID,Item_origin.itemID

From that point you could simply query:

select * from Item_origin where id not in (select item.ItemOriginID from Item)

So anytime an item drops from a mob a new record is created. If an item is duped, that record would not be present in both tables.

The kicker to this, is that you could only do this on a NEW server in order for it to work. You could technically do that for an existing server, but for any items that dropped before the Database change, you would only have partial information. Basically a link between the character and the item, which would still stop further duping.

Anyways my two cents and probably not the best thread for this, but whatever I'm lazy.

Splorf22
07-25-2013, 11:39 AM
the only people who want the server not to be touched are ones that have invested huge amounts of time on it and are thus biased

THE SERVER WILL NEVER BE WIPED BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY ON AN EVERQUEST SERVER WHERE THE STAFF DELETES YOUR CHARACTERS ON A WHIM.

Has it occurred to you that due to the overall timesink nature of the game this applies to literally everyone who has played here more than 3 months?

Splitquick
07-25-2013, 11:40 AM
THE SERVER WILL NEVER BE WIPED BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY ON AN EVERQUEST SERVER WHERE THE STAFF DELETES YOUR CHARACTERS ON A WHIM.

Has it occurred to you that due to the overall timesink nature of the game this applies to literally everyone who has played here more than 3 months?

We get that everyone is too attached to their chars to endorse a wipe.

Thus the clamoring for a fresh server.

Lyra
07-25-2013, 11:40 AM
A better question would be "why wouldn't they just pull the plug and say good-bye"?

People seem to forget this is a hobby. I highly doubt the "donations" cover more than operating costs.

Rogean may have lost some interest over a year ago. Nilbog still seems interested, but at what point does he decide the cons are outweighing the pros?

People criticize the GM's, but I can't imagine anyone posting in this thread putting up with this crap and not pulling the plug.... including me.

My point? SHUT THE FUCK UP

Splorf22
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
We get that everyone is too attached to their chars to endorse a wipe.

Utter reading comprehension fail.

Swish
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
No one is really on the suggestion of a wipe anymore. So no, no one is mad.

We've moved on to the suggestion of a fresh server. :P

I'd give the old server less than a week before it dropped below red's population if a new server was made.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 11:43 AM
He gave about 4 truthfully.

no, he didn't. let's address them 1 by 1.

1. Shit's so overfarmed that people are now selling 10-packs (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115999) of Fungi Tunics.

farming will continue on any new server. new bobs will pop up. nothing will change. also, the person claiming to have that many fungis for sale isn't exactly credible. he's an account trader, and i wouldn't personally buy anything from him. ever.

2. Kunark has been out since March 2011 (2 1/2 years).

i don't know about you guys, but i'm not finished with kunark yet. i think that sony actually released expansions too frequently on live. i'm looking forward to velious, and i know it will alleviate some of the pains of over-crowding in certain zones and under-crowding in certain level ranges, and it will bring a lot of affordable gear to the market, but i'm not clanging on my shield marching against the gates. yet.

3. Rampant duping.

there are better ways to address this than a complete wipe. punish the dupers, clean up the mess as best as possible without affecting normal players. also, unless the dupe is fixed first, it will easily carry over to any new server.

4. Stick it to the RMTers.

do you really think starting a new server will end RMT?

5. Because the kind of people against it are so addicted they should probably unplug from EQ anyway.

this is just stinkum being a troll. nothing more to see here.

i leave you with this:

A better question would be "why wouldn't they just pull the plug and say good-bye"?

i know i would.

Instagib
wipe it clean

Halius

I am definetly not for a wipe. In terms of my playing time nowadays with work and family I would consider myself definetly casual, however my mindset is hardcore from my original days of EQ. Due to my limited playing time it has taken me forever just to get to level 10, so no I would not want a wipe. If I had a 50+ character and the server was wiped it would probably make me not want to play EQ for awhile and definetly not on P99 anymore.

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 11:45 AM
whoa/woe? Yes that's what I'm referring to. Dumbass.

For the record, I wasn't talking about people taking the game too seriously as much as I was saying that they take the forum too seriously. You're prime example to support my point.

I started here three weeks ago but I played EQ for years. I've lost accounts and had a geared 60 necro hacked and stolen. I still didn't make an ass of myself crying about it.

It's healthy to remember that no matter how much of your time you choose to put into the game, it's still a game. Its meant to be fun and if you hit a point where you can't simply walk away from it without it impacting your real life, there may be a problem. That's not directed toward you, its just sound advice. =)

Bantam 1

That's cool and all .... see Iraqi misinformation minister. A new server is just as good (and that is likely going to happen) You mad?

But why exactly would I or anyone else be mad?

Andrea the Angry
We get it, nobody in TMO wants a new server.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 11:47 AM
We get it, nobody in TMO wants a new server.

i'm not in tmo.

General
07-25-2013, 11:48 AM
i think it would be cool to wipe it :) I loved that nostalgic "starting fresh" feeling anyways.. its all just pixels, and if u dont sell ur plat n shit, what do u have to lose?

Lowlife
07-25-2013, 11:49 AM
wipe it clean

Andrea the Angry
07-25-2013, 11:50 AM
i'm not in tmo.

Why do you care? If you are just here for grouping and socializing, you can find that on both servers except one will be fresh and clean. If it's because you like to raid, well you can still do that on the existing server. Your guild can keep raiding whatever it is you raid.

The only reasons I can imagine are selfish reasons. Wanting to be an elitist. Wanting to be the richest.

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm wondering how much Nilbog/Rogean can take..... he says no wipe, but the duping has probably gone on for awhile and we're only seeing the extra greedy / extra stupid folks.

Doing nothing or just partially fixing it IMO is just as bad as a server wipe. Half the reason this server does well is BECAUSE its a fairly clean server.

Shinko
07-25-2013, 11:54 AM

don't you think it would just up sales if it started fresh?

Andrea the Angry
07-25-2013, 11:54 AM
This.

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Without being a dick, let me try to argue for why fragmenting the population is not necessarily a horrible thing and possibly even an overall good thing.

Inc wall of text.

----
----
Fragmenting the servers
----
----

I would argue that the single largest problem on this server has been extreme crowding in the high level space. (followed by inflation/rmt/duping) By this I mean that there are too many level 58+ characters with full planar+ gear.

I believe that this is evidenced by the simple fact that the biggest knock people have had on this server since I started earlier this year was that low level grouping is fun but "the high end raid scene sucks".

Under normal circumstances fragmenting the server would be a horrible idea. On a normal server (normal being proper time line), you would have a smaller population of the server in the level 58-60 range, a smaller portion of the server with max gear etc.

The thing is, the current state of the server is not normal.

Simply starting a new server in the coming months would cause a chunk of the population to leave. This could potentially result in a good chunk of 'veteran' players completely leaving the server to restart.

On one hand this would make it harder for smaller guilds (like rapture) to get people together for our raids.

On the other hand, this could also make it harder for larger guilds, like TMO to mobilize as easily for killing everything on the damn server.

The people who want to stay on this server and play velious here would then benefit from a less congested, shit show raid scene. I am sure there will still be 20-30 level 60s around to kill trakanon.

It seems like the new server would solve the congestion problem very well.
----
----
New topic: Inflation/rmt/duping
----
----

To address the other issues, I was going to start a new thread but whatever.

My #2/#3 issues I see as the largest on the server are linked together, the inflation/RMT which are possibly/probably linked through duping as well as simply having this server around long enough for people to kill enough seafury cyclopses to make a million plat =P.

The GMs said the majority of players getting busted for buying plat are new players.

The hypothesis is that new players buy plat so they can get caught up/ahead/whatever.

While a new server won't stop RMT, it will allow new players to be in a situation where they do not need to buy plat to get 'caught up' since the norm is that nobody has shit anyways.

It will also put a huge drain on the number of new players on the current p1999 server which would possibly put a big damper on the RMT business here.

That could then put a dent in the whole ddos thing because assuming the RMT people are ddosing to dupe, they would no longer have a reason to dupe and therefor no longer have a reason do ddos unless they just want to be assholes -- considering they could potentially get caught/jail/fined and are no longer making RMT money for the upside seems like high risk for low reward?

---
---
New topic: When to spin up new server
---
---

As far as when to start a new server

1) When velious is ready
2) End of August

1) As loraen pointed out, velious = spike in players = fragmenting player base less harsh
2) End of august = school starts/summer over = more players start/return to the game based on previous server cycles (from what I have been told).

I am partial to #2, but at the same time #1 has the benefit of lowering the impact of new players flooding to the server.

What I mean by this is that if you started a new server today, a huge chunk of the population would move because they are bored of content and f'ing fed up with the duping, inflated economy, shitty raid scene, whatever. The problem is original EQ could choke with 100 level 30-50s trying to exp in guk and solb let alone 300-400.

#1 on the other hand would cause people to make a tough choice. They waited years for velious, do they reroll on p1999 new or do they play velious? I myself would be torn. On one hand I would want to get in early on the new server since eventually I would see that server becoming the main server... on the other hand .. velious now vs 2 years from now.

Anyways.

Those are my thoughts on it.

If it is disjointed and illogical sorry, I am really tired =P

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Part of me thinks that the people crying the loudest against a wipe are the people who paid real money for their.accounts and/or items. They might be realizing that it was a really stupid "investment."

Lowlife
07-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Part of me thinks that the people crying the loudest against a wipe are the people who paid real money for their.accounts and/or items. They might be realizing that it was a really stupid "investment."

Vaildez
Would be a terrible idea to wipe... Starting a new server is a much better idea. Who wants to invest time into anything knowing a wipe could come?

Bantam 1

don't you think it would just up sales if it started fresh?

Well.... assuming its done smartly and not just an anger wipe.

1) On the DB side assign unique Alpha ID numbers to drops. Like TrakanonDonalBP12.
2) Monitor plat movement
3) At least for awhile RMT would have little value due to the market just starting.

General
07-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah i say just start a new server, it would cause the least rage.. This server is flooded with dupes and undistributed Plat.. a lot of people want to start fresh, but like me, i dont want my hard work destroyed.. preserved would be nice :)

Fountree
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Part of me thinks that the people crying loudest for the wipe are ex-hardcore elitists who just found the server in the last few months and want to "even the playing field" by playing up problems that will always exist in any incarnation of p99. They are mad they are so far behind and want to screw longtime p99 community members and players over, many of whom have acquired their items and characters legitimately. Sorry you were late for the party. Luckily, the main problem here (gross extension of content timeline) is actually something you can use to your advantage. You may be able to take down those richers! Fight the power, man!

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Would be a terrible idea to wipe... Starting a new server is a much better idea. Who wants to invest time into anything knowing a wipe could come?

You might be on to something...

Maybe people won't RMT and buy their way through the game if they know that their money is wasted the next time a wipe comes. Then they might *gasp* play the effing game instead of buying a character.

Fountree
07-25-2013, 12:06 PM
I just want to take a moment to discuss LordSterben. Player joins server 3 weeks ago, reads a couple of threads on board about RMTing, then assumes he knows enough about p99 and its playerbase, history, and behind the scene wheelings and dealings to make educated comments about it. You sir, are a genius. Please, tell me what the solutions are for us to be better.

Halius
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Part of me thinks that the people crying loudest for the wipe are ex-hardcore elitists who just found the server in the last few months and want to "even the playing field" by playing up problems that will always exist in any incarnation of p99. They are mad they are so far behind and want to screw longtime p99 community members and players over, many of whom have acquired their items and characters legitimately. Sorry you were late for the party. Luckily, the main problem here (gross extension of content timeline) is actually something you can use to your advantage. You may be able to take down those richers! Fight the power, man!

Not me, it took me long enough to get to level 10, I still have a hardcore mindset, just not the time to play that I used to. So I want to keep my level 10 thanks.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 12:08 PM
The only reasons I can imagine are selfish reasons. Wanting to be an elitist. Wanting to be the richest.

or not wanting a dwindling, fragmented population. it takes a lot of fresh people to keep a raiding guild going - a constant stream of new 46's and 50's to replace the fully geared 60's that burn out or move on.

this is unfounded and baseless.

lol. bolded part is really good point.

Peener
07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Why do you care? If you are just here for grouping and socializing, you can find that on both servers except one will be fresh and clean. If it's because you like to raid, well you can still do that on the existing server. Your guild can keep raiding whatever it is you raid.

Yes. You're right. Those are the ONLY reasons you could possibly object to splitting the one remaining Everquest server in existence with over 200 active players.

Fountree
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Not me, it took me long enough to get to level 10, I still have a hardcore mindset, just not the time to play that I used to.

Right on man! Welcome =)

Shoot me a /tell sometime if ya need somethin!

bled12345
07-25-2013, 12:16 PM
I plated since near the beginning, burned out and quit. Everquest is boring once you get to the end, its the struggling to improve your toon thats the addicting fun part!

Tons of maxed out people would leave for a new server, hell ib quit as a guild after maxing out in kunark to go play eq mac. Nobody started on this server expecting their work to last forever.

The only thing that sucks, is that for there to be a new server, the devs have to have a reason to want to do it which im not sure they have.... people are playing their project,why increase workload just to make people happier.

Its unfortunate we couldnt do a subscription or have a fixed income model to keep the devs motivated they do a great job and the time ive put into p99 is crazy haha.

And having 2-300 people on eq classic is not underpopulated, p99 thrived around 300 for a long time before kunark!

bled12345
07-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Sorry fr typos using my phone!!

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 12:19 PM

You hit it and then you didn't. The reason I'd love a wipe regardless of the situation is that I'd like to do classic raids when they are classic-ly difficult. As an old EQ hardcore player in the current situation that cannot happen. TMO has everything on farm status as did FE and IB at points so if I join any of the 3 I get the "easy" route. If I join a raid guild that actually hasn't done the content the chances of doing the content period is nill. My only current hope is to do it in Velious which is when I became a true raider back in the day so I have experienced it.

Mesenkomaha
07-25-2013, 12:20 PM
At least a wipe would destroy the billions of duped platinum. This economy is F-U-C-K-E-D FUCKED. No way to argue around that one.

On the wiped server at least the staff could look into players that suddenly create wealth out of no where. Here the server is so backloaded with wealth it is hard to tell the difference between legit and illegitimate players.

Wipe it or launch a new server to give players an option.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
TMO has everything on farm status as did FE and IB at points so if I join any of the 3 I get the "easy" route. If I join a raid guild that actually hasn't done the content the chances of doing the content period is nill.

spend less time on the forums and more time in game and you'll realize that those aren't your only choices.

Vaildez
07-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I plated since near the beginning, burned out and quit. Everquest is boring once you get to the end, its the struggling to improve your toon thats the addicting fun part!

Tons of maxed out people would leave for a new server, hell ib quit as a guild after maxing out in kunark to go play eq mac. Nobody started on this server expecting their work to last forever.

The only thing that sucks, is that for there to be a new server, the devs have to have a reason to want to do it which im not sure they have.... people are playing their project,why increase workload just to make people happier.

Its unfortunate we couldnt do a subscription or have a fixed income model to keep the devs motivated they do a great job and the time ive put into p99 is crazy haha.

And having 2-300 people on eq classic is not underpopulated, p99 thrived around 300 for a long time before kunark!

I would for sure go for the subscription model for a classic EQ server.

monti
07-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Opening a new server along side this one would probably be best idea, IMO.

Once SoV is released on this server, open a new one with classic timeline.

skipdog
07-25-2013, 12:26 PM

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
I just want to take a moment to discuss LordSterben. Player joins server 3 weeks ago, reads a couple of threads on board about RMTing, then assumes he knows enough about p99 and its playerbase, history, and behind the scene wheelings and dealings to make educated comments about it. You sir, are a genius. Please, tell me what the solutions are for us to be better.

Why would I stop when it bothers you so much? Lol. Watching you furrow your brow and wring your hands in concern of me is pretty entertaining.

You're one of those people who doesn't understand that when you have a discussion on the internet, you're opening it up to the input of other people. If you don't like what I have to say or disagree, then discuss it or ignore me. Trying to stop me from giving my opinion or suggestions (not assertions, like you seem to think I'm making) will only result in me saying "piss off."

I don't have a solution for the server but I have one for you: chill out and stop being.a chode. This is a discussion about a meaningless video game...you're not going to hit "combine" on a fletching kit and cure cancer.

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
You hit it and then you didn't. The reason I'd love a wipe regardless of the situation is that I'd like to do classic raids when they are classic-ly difficult. As an old EQ hardcore player in the current situation that cannot happen. TMO has everything on farm status as did FE and IB at points so if I join any of the 3 I get the "easy" route. If I join a raid guild that actually hasn't done the content the chances of doing the content period is nill. My only current hope is to do it in Velious which is when I became a true raider back in the day so I have experienced it.

Sorry, but that is a very selfish reason.

You want to wipe the server because you came late to the show? The same argument could be made for every MMO ever... if you come late you miss the early shit.

Join TMO and enjoy progression in velious if that is what you want.

Meiva
07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Why would I stop when it bothers you so much? Lol. Watching you furrow your brow and wring your hands in concern of me is pretty entertaining.

You're one of those people who doesn't understand that when you have a discussion on the internet, you're opening it up to the input of other people. If you don't like what I have to say or disagree, then discuss it or ignore me. Trying to stop me from giving my opinion or suggestions (not assertions, like you seem to think I'm making) will only result in me saying "piss off."

I don't have a solution for the server but I have one for you: chill out and stop being.a chode. This is a discussion about a meaningless video game...you're not going to hit "combine" on a fletching kit and cure cancer.

PWNED! Except for the "meaningless video game" bit... What are you talking about?

Sithel1988
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
who would not come back if the server is wiped? would a neckbeard stop living with his mom if she moved? where else you gonna go dumb ass? red99? hahaha

Samoht
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM

fighting to get thread moved to RnF. it probably belongs there, though, considering who the OP is.

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
PWNED! Except for the "meaningless video game" bit... What are you talking about?

Terraria, of course. =)

Mesenkomaha
07-25-2013, 12:36 PM

If billions of duped plat does not exist, it can't be sold.

Breeziyo
07-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Terraria, of course. =)

1.2 PATCH WHEN

YOU SAID THE PATCH WOULD RELEASE IN JULY REDIGIT

Fountree
07-25-2013, 12:38 PM

So much assuming and generalizing in this post (like all of your others) I don't know where to start. I'm just pointing out that you really have no idea what you're talking about. Big difference. I know its easy to misconstrue my sarcasm for actual concern about the content of your posts.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 12:39 PM
If billions of duped plat does not exist, it can't be sold.

any amount of plat can be sold. the price only goes up if it's less readily available.

items can be sold, as well. RMT will be just as likely on a second server.

Nirgon
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Nilbog can step in and confirm he is going to do the completed project server relaunch, and what his plans are for the current server but...

It is my understanding you are partaking in a PROJECT right now and your play/testing/being a player on the server generating currency, drama, finding exploits is your "payment" and it is a mutual relationship. This is by no means a finished product, esp considering we still have Velious to come.

Trust me. I'd love a wipe.

However!

I know what happens after a wipe: ghost town.

Not to mention people come back from time to time or eventually join friends here, you'd kill all that for sure. A wipe is the stupidest thing you can do, even though I'd enjoy playing with a fresh start much more.

Slopknight
07-25-2013, 12:46 PM
just wipe all the account with more than one 60. That should clear it.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 12:48 PM
just wipe all the account with more than one 60. That should clear it.

the type of scum that's RMTing and duping would not have any 60s. they're the perpetually 46 type that buy epic MQs, get to level 50, and then resell their accounts because they realize they're not immediately getting into VP with their trash geared dumpster character.

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
So much assuming and generalizing in this post (like all of your others) I don't know where to start. I'm just pointing out that you really have no idea what you're talking about. Big difference. I know its easy to misconstrue my sarcasm for actual concern about the content of your posts.

It's all in good fun. I just now noticed your sig...and with all of that TMO on it I can understand why you took my comments so personally. You guys always seem to fall all over yourselves when the topic involves RMT. Of course, I've only been here for three weeks so those threads must have been beyond my level of comprehension. ;)

Peener
07-25-2013, 12:53 PM
It's all in good fun. I just now noticed your sig...and with all of that TMO on it I can understand why you took my comments so personally. You guys always seem to fall all over yourselves when the topic involves RMT. Of course, I've only been here for three weeks so those threads must have been beyond my level of comprehension. ;)

The reason why I started playing on this server is because I was hoping people like this poster would still be playing World of Warcraft.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
clear case of TMO envy. wipe it so that he no longer has gear better than me!

this kind of obsession is not healthy. please seek help.

Sithel1988
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
just saw the sig too. haha you play too much man. go to the bar friend....please

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 12:55 PM
1.2 PATCH WHEN

YOU SAID THE PATCH WOULD RELEASE IN JULY REDIGIT

I now have a huge heroin addiction and will no longer be offering support for Terraria. I have also abandoned that space game project...can't remember the name. Tell everyone I said thanks for the money!

Daldolma
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
wipe it clean

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
The reason why I started playing on this server is because I was hoping people like this would still be playing World of Warcraft.

Lol...WoW. Never could get into it.

Fountree
07-25-2013, 12:57 PM

Yes, the reason you just noticed my sig is because I just edited it to show you and the other clueless trolls the characters that I legitimiately leveled or paid platinum for. I have nothing to hide. Please keep posting it's entertaining me.

Sithel1988
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
you legitimately need to go outside. just kidding though man. for all i know you probably have a 9-5 job.

Lojik
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
This servers goal was to provide a basic nostalgia for the "good ol' days" of EQ. I think it does that perfectly. Once you've traveled to zones you hadn't been to in years, leveled up a little bit, grouped a little bit, and wiped a couple of times the nostalgia wears off, and you get an experience that is no longer classic. However, I think it's futile to expect a truly full classic experience since
A) this is free emulator
B) its freakin 14 years later...times have changed, information is more readily available, and this games been played to death.

I feel like the majority of players will come back to enjoy this game for a couple of months and then move on, and most of the issues discussed here (sans ddos lag) won't affect them. I don't really see the need for a wipe or fresh server, and am unsure whether i would care enough to start on fresh server if there was one.

You can never stand in the same river twice.

Fountree
07-25-2013, 01:02 PM
just saw the sig too. haha you play too much man. go to the bar friend....please

Hey man, I play in a band (keys and synth) and enjoy hitting the bar several times a week. I am good financially, live with my woman, and work hours are solid (9-2 usually), which has enabled me to keep playing p99 for several years, without a break. I play no other games besides the occasional SNES or Civ 5. I'm merely in this thread defending this great server, which in many ways has rivaled the live trilogy experience, against those who want to see it destroyed. I'm not actively seeking attention or trying to make this about me at all, I rarely post anymore.

Sithel1988
07-25-2013, 01:02 PM
and there it is. glad i said "for all i know" haha

Sithel1988
07-25-2013, 01:04 PM
EQ is fun to play and all, but you guys make the high end game seem like it has hemorrhoids. if thats the case, it needs more than a wipe. TEEHEE

purist__
07-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Wipe it clean

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 01:11 PM
clear case of TMO envy. wipe it so that he no longer has gear better than me!

this kind of obsession is not healthy. please seek help.

Nah if it were gear envy, I would just buy it like the rest of you.

I don't think you can comprehend how impossible it is for me to be envious of pixels on a screen. Besides....I was in the "top l33t raiding guild" once. I quit within the month because I realized how terribly empty and meaningless my life would become if I actually had to schedule reality around a video game.

The only personal stake I have in this is that one of your tools targeted me and now the results of the exchange are keeping me amused for a bit. =)

Issues
07-25-2013, 01:11 PM

such an ignorant comment. the levels 1-20s carrying epic have countless hours and effort put in on other characters.

No guy just rolling on p99 for the first time can expect ANY high end shit under normal circumstances.

Guys playing for years, sure why not epic a level 1? whats the point of being rich if you can't buy fun toys and being rich also takes tons of time and effort.

All those statements obviously mean players who gained their fortune via legit means and those people should not suffer or be denied because of a small percentage of cheaters.

If it wasn't for twinking alts this server would be a ghost town. Leveling 1-60 with nothing once is more than enough for nostalgia fulfillment. After that, if ya wanna do it again, have fun making a badass new toon instead of the same gimp struggle you went through originally.

Lastly to address the OP - Funny post, nice troll and attention grab. I'll still chime in on the topic though. Wiping the server clean would only benefit new p99ers and literally demolish days,months, years of work of older players. They don't deserve that. Plus history repeats itself...server will end up the same way down the road.

If guys *really* must have a fresh start petition the powers that be to open a 3rd server with a specific rule set - IE "THIS SERVER WILL BE WIPED IN 1 YEAR" - Wonder how many dudes would roll on that server knowing all the effort will be eventually flushed down the crapper.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Nah if it were gear envy, I would just buy it like the rest of you.

I don't think you can comprehend how impossible it is for me to be envious of pixels on a screen. Besides....I was in the "top l33t raiding guild" once. I quit within the month because I realized how terribly empty and meaningless my life would become if I actually had to schedule reality around a video game.

The only personal stake I have in this is that one of your tools targeted me and now the results of the exchange are keeping me amused for a bit. =)

you're willing to fabricate libel and belittle people for no reason other than to elevate yourself to some higher form of auto-felatio.

it's not healthy. please seek professional help. immediately.

Sithel1988
07-25-2013, 01:18 PM
saw 3 clerics with epic and fungi in 1 day and they were all below lvl 20. i just laughed at them

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Yes, the reason you just noticed my sig is because I just edited it to show you and the other clueless trolls the characters that I legitimiately leveledor paid platinum for. I have nothing to hide. Please keep posting it's entertaining me.

This is where the current mindset hits a disparity with my way of thinking. When did it become legitimate to play a character that you didn't create...period? I remember when I started playing EQ there was a stigma to doing that.

I still think that buying and playing a.character that isn't yours is cheating and seeing people openly selling accounts in EC is not classic per my experience 12 years ago. Shame! You're killing our immersion! XD

Samoht
07-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I remember when I started playing EQ there was a stigma to doing that.

and there still is. but it's not against the rules. what more do you want?

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 01:30 PM
you're willing to fabricate libel and belittle people for no reason other than to elevate yourself to some higher form of auto-felatio.

it's not healthy. please seek professional help. immediately.

To clarify...I spoke too harshly and I apologize. I'm not saying that being in a raiding guild makes your life meaningless and empty.... I'm only saying that it made me feel like my life was meaningless and empty. I respect everyone's choice of hobby...but to accuse me of jealousy is just a quick leap to make.

As a token of reasonable accord Ill tell you that I'm a member of the SCA and I'm sure that the greater majority of the population thinks that sword fighting and playing medieval is an embarrassing waste of time XD. We all do what we do because we like doing it.

And actual auto-fellatio makes my back hurt so I had to find a substitute somewhere! XD

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 01:32 PM
and there still is. but it's not against the rules. what more do you want?

Maybe to make it against the rules? Lol. On the new server, of course. ;)

eqgmrdbz
07-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Im fairly new to P99, and i have to say it is a great experience, it does have its bugs, but the feel is almost perfect. I have a 31 Ranger and 21 Necro, and i have enjoyed playing them, having played EQ before, i had a plan in mind of how to progress, and it worked really well. My plan did not involve using exploits, or other off game mechanics. Some peeps are always going to try to cheat, its inevitable. I like to play strait up even to a fault, because most of the times i like to SOLO.
I have been reading your comments on the issue at hand, and i will have to side on the make a new server idea, with all the game patches already implemented. I have acquired some nice twink stuff, some given, others i worked to buy, but i would not mind starting clean knowing that this server will be around for a while and not die a quick death because of some cheaters.
But, all we can do is post our suggestions and hope the admins make a good decision, i will be playing till then, and if a new server comes live, i will be playing on that one, it doesnt matter to me, if i had multiple 60lvl characters i would still start new, for me its the joy of progress not the end game.

Fountree
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM
To clarify...I spoke too harshly and I apologize. I'm not saying that being in a raiding guild makes your life meaningless and empty.... I'm only saying that it made me feel like my life was meaningless and empty. I respect everyone's choice of hobby...but to accuse me of jealousy is just a quick leap to make.

As a token of reasonable accord Ill tell you that I'm a member of the SCA and I'm sure that the greater majority of the population thinks that sword fighting and playing medieval is an embarrassing waste of time XD. We all do what we do because we like doing it.

And actual auto-fellatio makes my back hurt so I had to find a substitute somewhere! XD

Sterb, after reading this, maybe I was too harsh myself. I came into the thread seeing a new poster making blanket statements about our server and its players, alot of which was unfounded, so decided to troll a bit. You seem like a decent enough guy though. Shoot me a /tell sometime in game sometime if you want.

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Haha not going to lie... Ive been lurking in the shadows anxiously hoping at some point there is a fresh p99. Theres nothing like a brand new server! I was stoked at red99 not for the pvp, but the chance to play again on an equal playing field, but eventually gave up around level 14 on the warrior I made on red, when it became apparent there were no groups.... and like the first 14 levels, I would have to solo my way to 50 haha.

ultimately its the devs call, but I for one would have mu ass glued to the chair playing p99 once again like a fiend if there was a chance to do all again from the very beginning. A lot of people, just like on live didnt hear about or start on this server until it was well on its way to kunark.

And what I posted in another thread about this exact reasoning:

Lets be honest, only people with ulterior motives want a wipe of the entire server; they want to feel like the server is fresh and brand new, and I can understand that feeling.

But its incredibly selfish, narrow minded, and would crush the stable community numbers we have now.

Are you going to wipe/roll back the server every time we have dupers and RMT's involved, which we will regardless of a wipe/roll back? Stop being so short sighted; this isn't a solution, its only the umbrella excuse.

Op's suggestion is a delusional option for the egocentric. No one is going to spend all the hours they originally invested into this server just to start from scratch again (in this situation), (he suggested a roll back but its similar and since this thread has been redirected and involves wiping, I'm addressing this topic primarily) just so you can imagine that you're unwrapping EQ out of its plastic and playing the game for the first time like you were 13.

Its a dumb idea, and its only held by the most depraved, jobless, retired, or disabled individuals here and catering to a vastly outnumbered portion of the populace advocating this option.

Motion denied.

Mesenkomaha
07-25-2013, 01:40 PM
No one would quit after a wipe. What would they do? Go play the sleeper? Quit playing games? Not likely. The server population is so backend loaded that the 60s are bored as hell anyway.

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Sorry, but that is a very selfish reason.

You want to wipe the server because you came late to the show? The same argument could be made for every MMO ever... if you come late you miss the early shit.

Join TMO and enjoy progression in velious if that is what you want.

Is there a reason that's not selfish? If you find one let me know.

fadetree
07-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Just wipe items & cash. Leave chars as is. Would be fun re-gearing!

xCry0x
07-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Is there a reason that's not selfish? If you find one let me know.

Without being a dick, let me try to argue for why fragmenting the population is not necessarily a horrible thing and possibly even an overall good thing.

Inc wall of text.

----
----
Fragmenting the servers
----
----

I would argue that the single largest problem on this server has been extreme crowding in the high level space. (followed by inflation/rmt/duping) By this I mean that there are too many level 58+ characters with full planar+ gear.

I believe that this is evidenced by the simple fact that the biggest knock people have had on this server since I started earlier this year was that low level grouping is fun but "the high end raid scene sucks".

Under normal circumstances fragmenting the server would be a horrible idea. On a normal server (normal being proper time line), you would have a smaller population of the server in the level 58-60 range, a smaller portion of the server with max gear etc.

The thing is, the current state of the server is not normal.

Simply starting a new server in the coming months would cause a chunk of the population to leave. This could potentially result in a good chunk of 'veteran' players completely leaving the server to restart.

On one hand this would make it harder for smaller guilds (like rapture) to get people together for our raids.

On the other hand, this could also make it harder for larger guilds, like TMO to mobilize as easily for killing everything on the damn server.

The people who want to stay on this server and play velious here would then benefit from a less congested, shit show raid scene. I am sure there will still be 20-30 level 60s around to kill trakanon.

It seems like the new server would solve the congestion problem very well.
----
----
New topic: Inflation/rmt/duping
----
----

To address the other issues, I was going to start a new thread but whatever.

My #2/#3 issues I see as the largest on the server are linked together, the inflation/RMT which are possibly/probably linked through duping as well as simply having this server around long enough for people to kill enough seafury cyclopses to make a million plat =P.

The GMs said the majority of players getting busted for buying plat are new players.

The hypothesis is that new players buy plat so they can get caught up/ahead/whatever.

While a new server won't stop RMT, it will allow new players to be in a situation where they do not need to buy plat to get 'caught up' since the norm is that nobody has shit anyways.

It will also put a huge drain on the number of new players on the current p1999 server which would possibly put a big damper on the RMT business here.

That could then put a dent in the whole ddos thing because assuming the RMT people are ddosing to dupe, they would no longer have a reason to dupe and therefor no longer have a reason do ddos unless they just want to be assholes -- considering they could potentially get caught/jail/fined and are no longer making RMT money for the upside seems like high risk for low reward?

---
---
New topic: When to spin up new server
---
---

As far as when to start a new server

1) When velious is ready
2) End of August

1) As loraen pointed out, velious = spike in players = fragmenting player base less harsh
2) End of august = school starts/summer over = more players start/return to the game based on previous server cycles (from what I have been told).

I am partial to #2, but at the same time #1 has the benefit of lowering the impact of new players flooding to the server.

What I mean by this is that if you started a new server today, a huge chunk of the population would move because they are bored of content and f'ing fed up with the duping, inflated economy, shitty raid scene, whatever. The problem is original EQ could choke with 100 level 30-50s trying to exp in guk and solb let alone 300-400.

#1 on the other hand would cause people to make a tough choice. They waited years for velious, do they reroll on p1999 new or do they play velious? I myself would be torn. On one hand I would want to get in early on the new server since eventually I would see that server becoming the main server... on the other hand .. velious now vs 2 years from now.

Anyways.

Those are my thoughts on it.

If it is disjointed and illogical sorry, I am really tired =P

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 01:46 PM
No one would quit after a wipe. What would they do? Go play the sleeper? Quit playing games? Not likely. The server population is so backend loaded that the 60s are bored as hell anyway.

So add classic AAs and be done with it already. Just the basic non-op shit, like minor stat enhancements and shit.

And yeah, thats exactly what they would do, quit playing EQ. Not games, just p1999.

No one is going to trust the server again, because a wipe would always be a possibility.

You tamper with ideas without really knowing the consequences of your actions. Thank God you're not the president (however, given the current situation, you probably couldn't do much worse).

Kekephee
07-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Honestly I'm pretty sure anyone who thinks wiping the servers is a solution is really just hoping to get their hands on a guise of the deceiver and bind in firepot room

To be fair, if wiping the servers meant GM events would happen again and I could possibly get an ugly stick bard, I would support it no matter how inconvenient, ineffective, and detrimental to everything it was

NegaStoat
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Speaking as a new player to the server (1 week in), the selfish part of me would love a server wipe. All the reasons previously mentioned for this feeling were covered in other posts.

In my heart I know this won't solve the problem. For some unholy reason, there are people who are both extremely stupid as well as impatient that pay real money for pixels. That's the heart of the problem. With a demand involving real money at play, it...

1) Adds a huge factor of camping / killing key targets and holding them by the farmers rather than agreeing to guild rotations.

2) Drives the RMT staff to find any means of exploiting to generate profit (duping falls under here).

This is all common sense. A wipe wouldn't address either issue of real money driven camping / server crashing + duping.

A hard solution towards those points would have to be discovered before a wipe could hold any meaning.

As it stands right now though, I DARE you, I fucking DARE you to show me a different private server of ANY MMORPG type with a population of 100+ that experiences daily DDoS strikes solely for the intent of real money profit.

This server is experiencing a situation of being compromised. It can't continue like this. Leaving things alone is the absolute worst move to make.

bled12345
07-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Lol shit!!! heebee!! long live channel 5 news team hahahah

taysk8
07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Pls wipe <3

LordSterben
07-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Sterb, after reading this, maybe I was too harsh myself. I came into the thread seeing a new poster making blanket statements about our server and its players, alot of which was unfounded, so decided to troll a bit. You seem like a decent enough guy though. Shoot me a /tell sometime in game sometime if you want.

Thanks! And I can be a troll, too. I was doing it before it had a name lol. I just have too much fun debating (maybe pushing buttons, too), I guess. I have no actual problem with anyone here, including you, and hopefully I haven't created any grudges to be held toward me. =)

Ill look you up if I can ever get logged....the attacks have been making it impossible lately.

Joroz
07-25-2013, 02:19 PM
A new server is the way to go... population will shift to it and this one will eventually be a low pop server of veterans who care about their accomplishments on broken content.

eqgmrdbz
07-25-2013, 02:24 PM
DukeVonSausage,
I went thru your posts, and it seems you are set on letting the server keep going as is, as you posted before, "high level honest peeps are not going to wanna give up millions of plat or the raid gear they have". Well then why arent you for a new server, that would be in line with what you want, you can stay on the old P99 server with all your stuff, and let peeps who want to move or dont mind moving to start new.

Dakidd4990
07-25-2013, 02:28 PM
A clean wipe would be amazing. I wasn't around when P99 started and only joined after everyone already had max lvl chars and raid gear. It would be so much fun to start over fresh with everyone at low lvl for groups and such. I could actually make a group reliant class and not want to gouge my eyes out trying to lvl it unable to find grps.

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 02:30 PM
DukeVonSausage,
I went thru your posts, and it seems you are set on letting the server keep going as is, as you posted before, "high level honest peeps are not going to wanna give up millions of plat or the raid gear they have". Well then why aren't you for a new server, that would be in line with what you want, you can stay on the old P99 server with all your stuff, and let peeps who want to move or don't mind moving to start new.

Because if you read the entirety of my posts, I use both reasoning and logic to explain that:

A) Wiping/Roll Back wont solve any problem, period. RMT will still be here, duping will still be here, and its just an excuse people are using to in an attempt to play the game like they're 13 again.

B) Its incredibly selfish, narrow minded, and does nothing to help us in the long run. It alienates our new players by setting the precedence that we'll simply wipe the server whenever we encounter a problem like this, rather than find a real solution. Alienating both old and new players would be a fantastic way to make sure they stopped playing on P1999 period, and for the fucking anti-social/socially maladjusted, a large community is good; community growth has been what we've been working on for a long time now and wrecking that due to some duping and RMT would be biting our nose of to spite our faces. The context would ruin any chance of that community rebuilding.

Why do I have to explain this to people? This is common fucking sense.

Peener
07-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Because if you read the entirety of my posts, I use both reasoning and logic to explain that:

A) Wiping/Roll Back wont solve any problem, period. RMT will still be here, duping will still be here, and its just an excuse people are using to in an attempt to play the game like they're 13 again.

B) Its incredibly selfish, narrow minded, and does nothing to help us in the long run. It alienates our new players by setting the precedence that we'll simply wipe the server whenever we encounter a problem like this, rather than find a real solution. Alienating both old and new players would be a fantastic way to make sure they stopped playing on P1999 period, and for the fucking anti-social/socially maladjusted, a large community is good; community growth has been what we've been working on for a long time now and wrecking that due to some duping and RMT would be biting our nose of to spite our faces. The context would ruin any chance of that community rebuilding.

Why do I have to explain this to people? This is common fucking sense.

This. Well said.

feanan
07-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Common sense has little to do with the crap you are posting.

You have to explain it to people because you are an idiot.

Of course, its such "common sense" you had to make a new fake account to post it under.

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Common sense has little to do with the crap you are posting.
You have to explain it to people because you are an idiot.

I have to explain this to people, because I'm an idiot?

The brain on this guy.

Try posting a real argument rather than an ad hominem attack.

I've had my niece in 5th grade sling better insults than that shit you just posted; and better logic from my wife when shes on the rag.

1/10 for making me post.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM

i know i would quit. check, your move.

eqgmrdbz
07-25-2013, 02:45 PM
DukeVonSausage,
Did you read my post, i said nothing about wiping and or rolling back. I said get a new server up (a different one), and let players move there and start new. A wipe is everything you said, and i will agree there is a sense of community, but still if you wanna be with your frainds you can stay on the old P99 server, i dont understand why thats hard to understand.

And again with a new server it would be a choice, no one is going to force you. Lastly...if you wanna keep the status quo, what are you going to say to new players, who have to deal with DDOs attacks, massive prices, and perma camping, just for loot. I dont mind, but there may be players who are going to be put off by it.

Bantam 1
07-25-2013, 02:46 PM
I have to explain this to people, because I'm an idiot?

The brain on this guy.

Try posting a real argument rather than an ad hominem attack.

I've had my niece in 5th grade sling better insults than that shit you just posted; and better logic from my wife when shes on the rag.
1/10 for making me post.

Really? Your argument that its selfish can go either way... which is why it doesn't work.

A) Its selfish that you want to make all these established players reset just so you can play on even footing at the start. (This is true)

B) Its selfish that established players want to deny new players a reset so they can start on even footing. (This is also true)

I said it at another point.... selfish is completely in the eye of the beholder. If you want to argue that there are more A than B this B is more selfish.. we can only speculate and use forum polls (which support B btw).

purist__
07-25-2013, 02:49 PM
DukeVonSausage is xCry0x

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 02:50 PM
DukeVonSausage,
Did you read my post, i said nothing about wiping and or rolling back. I said get a new server up (a different one), and let players move there and start new. A wipe is everything you said, and i will agree there is a sense of community, but still if you wanna be with your frainds you can stay on the old P99 server, i dont understand why thats hard to understand.

And again with a new server it would be a choice, no one is going to force you. Lastly...if you wanna keep the status quo, what are you going to say to new players, who have to deal with DDOs attacks, massive prices, and perma camping, just for loot. I dont mind, but there may be players who are going to be put off by it.

So your solution would be to fraction the community by having an emulated server of an emulated server, with the exact same problems that the original has?

I'll just have to keep saying it I guess, starting new will not resolve our current predicament. In no alternate reality, in any parallel universe would restating the server, wiping the server, making a new server, or rolling back a server fix what we are experiencing now.

And sirken already said last night that opening a new server would be ridiculous and wouldn't happen, so there is that as well.

liveitup1216
07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Nobody ever answers me, but how would 1 wipe in almost 4 years of a server's life induce fear that your characters would keep getting wiped? Still genuinely curious how you go about living your life if you live in fear of things that happen one time.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
A) Its selfish that you want to make all these established players reset just so you can play on even footing at the start. (This is true)

B) Its selfish that established players want to deny new players a reset so they can start on even footing. (This is also true)

only one of these would lead to lower population and the eventual demise of the server, though. and it's not B.

Sithel1988
07-25-2013, 02:56 PM
its either velious or wipe

eqgmrdbz
07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
DukeVonSausage,
Well ok, I finally see where you stand. If we cannot start fresh somewhere else, then i hope for me and you that, we can at least control the cheating. I will end my posts now, Everyone safe Travels.

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Really? Your argument that its selfish can go either way... which is why it doesn't work.

I said it at another point.... selfish is completely in the eye of the beholder. If you want to argue that there are more A than B this B is more selfish.. we can only speculate and use forum polls (which support B btw).

Thats why we use argumentation to discern what is the better option.

This is misguided reasoning. If you think wiping the server is going to level the playing field you'd be completely incorrect. You're assuming that the remnants of TMO wouldn't simply join together again, out level everyone faster and more efficient due to their organization, and access the content BEFORE the majority of the population gets to end game content and once again sets up a monopoly on the raid scene.

You think the gear disparity is bad now? What do you actually think it is going to be like when they're the only ones at the top with free reign and instead of other guilds having at least 'some loot' and being able to marginally compete, now they're in total shit gear with no chance to compete.

Not only this, smaller raiding guilds with good people who show promise of future competition, guilds like Div, would be hurt most by a wipe if their veterans did not return to play, further putting the power into super guilds's hands.

There are so many reasons why wiping the server isn't just misguided, its stupid, and why I will continue to insist that it will not fix any of the servers pre-established problems with RMT, Duping, or the raid scene.

You're trying to treat a symptom, stop a moment, think, and then try to fix the issue.

purist__
07-25-2013, 02:59 PM
wiping it clean would increase server pop to at least 1,500-2,000 due to people coming back to play

confirmed would thrive

Samoht
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
wiping it clean would increase server pop to at least 1,500-2,000 due to people coming back to play

confirmed would thrive

simple speculation with no basis in reality.

still waiting for at least one good reason.

Gaffin Deeppockets
07-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Maybe because everytime there was a poll, the yes votes were double?

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 03:06 PM

Assuming poles/votes were ever accurate in representing the ideas or desires of an entire populace would be inaccurate.

Look at our congress now, can we honestly say that their decisions represent the majority of individuals in America?

thufir
07-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Wiping the server would be beneficial to hard core forum posters who are longing for a chance to jump back in and begin the race again. To more casual folks who don't care about the raid scene it'd be a real let down and demoralizing to have their days of grinding removed because someone is selling 10 packs of fungi tunics that don't affect them in any way. There are actually a fair amount of new people lately as well, even if the raiders rarely see them.

I'd imagine this is why the forum polls are always skewed towards wiping because harder core players are more likely to post in the forums. Similar to why Systolic's original post alleging GM corruption had almost half of those polled believing him in the poll despite the fact that they were just shady statements with no backup -- people who post here more regularly, being harder core, are more disenchanted with p99 and more willing to believe bad things about it imo.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 03:07 PM

and the polls are valid because everybody who plays this game visits the forum every day to keep track of this kind of thing, right?

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Wiping the server would be beneficial to hard core forum posters who are longing for a chance to jump back in and begin the race again. To more casual folks who don't care about the raid scene it'd be a real let down and demoralizing to have their days of grinding removed because someone is selling 10 packs of fungi tunics that don't affect them in any way. There are actually a fair amount of new people lately as well, even if the raiders rarely see them.

I'd imagine this is why the forum polls are always skewed towards wiping because harder core players are more likely to post in the forums. Similar to why Systolic's original post alleging GM corruption had almost half the forums believing him in the poll despite the fact that they were just shady statements with no backup -- people who post here more regularly, being harder core, are more disenchanted with p99 and more willing to believe bad things about it imo.

This.

Liveitup1216, nobody ever answers me, but how would 1 wipe in almost 4 years of a server's life induce fear that your characters would keep getting wiped? Still genuinely curious how you go about living your life if you live in fear of things that happen one time.

Because of what context the wipe is done in. By wiping now we are affirming that we can not, or do not know how to handle duping/exploiting in a manner which doesn't cause a crisis from occurring and having to nuke our entire server in an attempt to solve the problem (Again it doesn't in any way shape or form).

Its also reasonable to assume that when the server does ultimately mature again, we've done nothing to curtail the original problems which afflicted the first server, and we're back in the same damn situation again. Pretty obvious.

Splitquick
07-25-2013, 03:08 PM
I see why a wipe would be such a heated discussion against all demographics... the vets/newbs/casuals, EVERYONE.

I don't see why having a second server is such a heated topic... I get that from a vets perspective it could split the population and in some scenarios possibly hurt longevity on both servers, and that, even as a worst case scenario, hurts everyone.

What if they, and this is just a hypothetical, brought up a 2nd server with a huge message that said "This server is a fresh copy of P99 blue, and is on a 3-month trial. At the end of 3 months, if the population on this server is not >200 it will be shut down. If the population on the Original P99 blue drops <200, this server will shut down to encourage repopulation of the original server. If after 3 months, both servers have a stable population, this server will remain the same as blue."

Just sayin, as a hypothetical, and won't happen. But would that please all demographics? And it's just fun to throw out random scenarios :)

Hirbow
07-25-2013, 03:09 PM
i know i would quit. check, your move.

I'm sure you would. Then after a couple of months of you not finding any other emulated servers you would come back. Supply and demand. Good luck in EQmac or Live.. LOL.

Everyone has a right to play what they like. Just like people bashing 99RED. I don't like it, nor will I play it, but there's definitely a market for it. So let the people play RED - it's nice to have an option if you choose it.

Just like a new server - let the people that want to experience the adrenaline of starting over, start! if you wish to remain then so be it.

Just realize one thing. Sooner or later there will be a reset, new server, or the termination of the server ..

Furniture
07-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Just because there are people with better gear then you, doesnt mean that the game is unbalanced/broken/any other retarded ideas you guys have. If not jealousy, then what is the problem? This is not a pvp server, other geared players in the world actually helps you

The nice thing about this game is that you can farm any piece of non raid gear you want. No, the fbss, smr, etc. is not "permacamped", any idiot can get the camp if they tried. Newbies starting off on this server now are doing 500% better then they were 2-3 years ago due to hand me downs, twinked group members, etc..

The only problem here is this bitchy jealous little girl mentality going on, and you should all be ashamed.

That said, I would support the opening of a new server, soley because pre kunark was more fun than post kunark.

purist__
07-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Wipe it clean

Samoht
07-25-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm sure you would. Then after a couple of months of you not finding any other emulated servers you would come back. Supply and demand. Good luck in EQmac or Live.. LOL.

don't even pretend you know me or my motivations for playing here. you do realize there are other games out there besides EQ, right? this is the only emu server i've ever played on, and after my experiences here, would probably be the last.

Just realize one thing. Sooner or later there will be a reset, new server, or the termination of the server ..

and when that day comes, i'll move along. i guarantee i won't be the only one.

Scavrefamn
07-25-2013, 03:17 PM
I used to play on this server, but quit due to the horrible economy, watching other people of my level run around with epic items and massive twinks was not what I had in mind when I heard "Classic Server".

I would absolutely return if the server was wiped, it would be great.
I can think of many others who would also return if the server were wiped clean.

Wipe the server!

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Just because there are people with better gear then you, doesnt mean that the game is unbalanced/broken/any other retarded ideas you guys have. If not jealousy, then what is the problem? This is not a pvp server, other geared players in the world actually helps you

The nice thing about this game is that you can farm any piece of non raid gear you want. No, the fbss, smr, etc. is not "permacamped", any idiot can get the camp if they tried. Newbies starting off on this server now are doing 500% better then they were 2-3 years ago due to hand me downs, twinked group members, etc..

The only problem here is this bitchy jealous little girl mentality going on, and you should all be ashamed.

Were you making a point or stating your position at all in this response, or are you just bitching for the sake of bitching?

myriverse
07-25-2013, 03:18 PM
The opinions of people who post/vote on the forum are not indicative of the opinions of the people who play the game. The majority of players never even come to the forum.

Resken
07-25-2013, 03:20 PM
I think wiping the server is a good idea, or at the very least starting a new one.

I definitely love the concept of the server and what it's offering but I feel like it's all been so badly ruined. A fresh server with a progression time line would be offering exactly what P99 intended to do.

liveitup1216
07-25-2013, 03:24 PM
The people against a wipe tend to be either newer players who honestly would come right back if the low end game was sprawling with fresh players living out classic EQ OR toxic veterans who've become far too attached to their pixels.

Either way, the players lost would be a welcomed sacrifice to a healthier server. Let the toxic players beat their chest and storm off, it'll be enjoyable to watch them trickle back in. Better yet, they don't come back and RnF gets smaller.

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Tell me then, if we do wipe and start over, how would be stop all the problems from happening again, or the raid meta currently established in the game?

Tell me. All I hear are people repeating themselves without giving a solid explanation as to how this will fix these type of problems.

So tell me, give me something that makes sense and gives your side of the argument some credibility.

If I wanted shit yelled at me over and over again that made absolutely no fucking sense I'd call my Mother-in-law.

DukeVonSausage
07-25-2013, 03:25 PM
The people against a wipe tend to be either newer players who honestly would come right back if the low end game was sprawling with fresh players living out classic EQ OR toxic veterans who've become far too attached to their pixels.

Either way, the players lost would be a welcomed sacrifice to a healthier server. Let the toxic players beat their chest and storm off, it'll be enjoyable to watch them trickle back in. Better yet, they don't come back and RnF gets smaller.

Because pixels is obviously the issue here and not time when playing one of the most infamous grinding MMOs to date in the history of the genre outside of the asian market, right?

liveitup1216
07-25-2013, 03:31 PM
We're all here for the same thing, because we enjoy the game. Why wouldn't you want to play it fresh again? Time is not the issue if you're talking about investing in a 13 year old emulated video game.

And I'd say to wait for the dupe/etc to be fixed before a wipe. Just to entertain your empty argument, tell me all about how you think these dupers are going to sit and level characters to 60 so they can farm and dupe more AoN's? Or do you just think they'll farm shiny brass shields and dupe them instead? I'm genuinely interested.

beamers
07-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Sadly , you don't realize that wiping the server will

A) Cause the legitimate players who have been here for 6 months+ to quit, and never return

B) Leave you with the people who already have way to much time on their hands, to pillage and violate your "clean slate"

Sure, go for it, see what kind of mentality the people who actually came back after everything was deleted would have. You would actually achieve exactly the opposite of what you're thinking.

liveitup1216
07-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Sure it'd suck to lose my fungi and plat and gear, but I'd readily give up what I've accumulated over 3 years to play with everyone brand new and hoping for a cracked staff or reveling in my first fine steel drop with the zones bursting with players.

aowen
07-25-2013, 03:35 PM
It took me 2 1/2 years to level up my toon precisely because I don't play that often and am not addicted. In truth, the people who are whining about wanting it wiped are the ones who play too much, otherwise they wouldn't much care about what others have that they don't, and they would realise how much time it takes to level a character if you have shit to do outside of the game. Poppycock, my only concern is putting an end to the annoying lag that keeps battering groups and raids. A velious launch would also be nice.

liveitup1216
I don't get the whole "I've been here too long enjoying classic EQ, if you deleted everything and made it classic EQ I'd quit."

liveitup1216
Like I've said before I'm fine either way, I enjoy the game as is but would also still play if there were to be a wipe. Its a win-win either way.

bled12345
07-25-2013, 03:40 PM
1. The server is 4 years old and still on kunark. With the original intent of the server to follow classic timeline progression, I dont think anyone expected p99 to go past 4 years without a reset, termination, or lucilin progression.

2. The server is still on kunark, a reset would not only give nilbog breathing room for velious development,it would give people something to do again instead of (cant believe im sayong this) farm epics to sell....

3. You cant tell me the majority of p99rs dont browse the forum... 200+ viewing server chat as we speak. This is EQ not counterstrike, what else do you think people on here do when they are bored at work / school?

4. This is an emulated server... If you played here with the intention of all your "hard work" lasting through the ages you have a screw loose. The devs owe us nothing, and could have scrapped it at any point in the last 4 years.

Tycko
07-25-2013, 03:42 PM

This

1203jjt
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
My vote goes to starting a fresh server, and leaving the current for those who wish to remain.

TheLieka
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
My vote goes to starting a fresh server, and leaving the current for those who wish to remain.

Split the community again! BRILLIANT!

Splitquick
07-25-2013, 03:46 PM
For those of you saying you would 100% quit if there was a wipe. Regardless if you're a 6-month vet or several years. I have a question....

Aren't you playing because it's classic EQ? And not because you've now acquired lots of goodies? What if the devs came out and said "We lost all data, it's gone... we had a catastrophic failure and the backups aren't loading, we have to start over, sorry everyone..." Would you leave then? Would you leave if the game got wiped accidentally? I'm genuinely curious... because if in 2002 SoE announced my server got wiped accidentally, or intentionally because of unforseen circumstances... I most certainly wouldn't of quit playing...

I'm just wondering...

Rhuma7
07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Tell me then, if we do wipe and start over, how would be stop all the problems from happening again, or the raid meta currently established in the game?

Tell me. All I hear are people repeating themselves without giving a solid explanation as to how this will fix these type of problems.

So tell me, give me something that makes sense and gives your side of the argument some credibility.

If I wanted shit yelled at me over and over again that made absolutely no fucking sense I'd call my Mother-in-law.

Well, for starters it would completely destroy the market for possible RMT for a very long time, not indefinitely but a very long time.

A fresh server gives the opportunity to really micro-manage the total platinum on the server and also keep track of the high end items switching hands. As it is now, it is impossible to know what is legit and what isn't after so many years of corruption and exploits.

A fresh server comes with a lot of opportunity for the staff to make changes to preemptively combat future problems.

As for the "unspoken millions of players that dont visit the forums" lol

Nobody playing p99 right now should be against a fresh start. Progression servers weren't the hottest shit to hit Live EQ in the past decade for nothing.

Splorf22
07-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Hey man, I play in a band (keys and synth) and enjoy hitting the bar several times a week. I am good financially, live with my woman, and work hours are solid (9-2 usually), which has enabled me to keep playing p99 for several years, without a break. I play no other games besides the occasional SNES or Civ 5. I'm merely in this thread defending this great server, which in many ways has rivaled the live trilogy experience, against those who want to see it destroyed. I'm not actively seeking attention or trying to make this about me at all, I rarely post anymore.

It only took like 50 or so hours to get enough tunics at the spore king camp to buy a L60 toon, compared to the 1000 hours it would take to level your own.

Peener
07-25-2013, 03:59 PM
You can have your views on how effective wiping/starting a new server would be in resolving some of the problems p1999 is experiencing, but stop spouting this bullsh*t about how certain you are that everyone will simply re-roll a new character if it were to happen.

I wouldn't, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

bled12345
07-25-2013, 04:03 PM
You can have your views on how effective wiping/starting a new server would be in resolving some of the problems p1999 is experiencing, but stop spouting this bullsh*t about how certain you are that everyone will simply re-roll a new character if it were to happen.

Ill come back and play after 2 years off and take your spot ; )

Ezalor
07-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Ill come back and play after 2 years off and take your spot ; )

bled12345
Just browsed EC forum.... If the things on there for sale, and there prices arent an indication that blue is in the nursing home stage of its life and could use a rebirth, I dont know what is lol

Rhuma7

At the same time, the current state of p99 keeps a lot of people from playing.

It goes both ways, you lose some, you get some. It's like when D2 resets their ladders, thousands of people come back to take part in the freshness.

Splorf22
07-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Man there is just so much stupid in this thread.

1. A wipe will not solve RMT. The RMTers are the hard core players; they will get to 50 on the new server within a month and then you'll be even more pissed at them because the world is so much smaller and your monk has no haste item at all because an RMT necro is there 24/7.

2. Duping is not a huge problem. The OP has a post of 8 people selling an AON. Except that 4 of those threads are one guy (Tajin) spamming the forums, and two (Urban Monk and Thulak) are well-known wealthy account traders. At various times in the server there have been duping bugs, but Ephi has cracked down a lot. If there is a dupe, wiping the server will hugely increase the fraction of duped items anyway.

3. The economy is not a problem. You can buy a fucking cloak of flames in EC for 135k! You can buy a FBSS for 10k! The people bitching about the problem are retards who think they should be able to get dragon loot after 20 hours of farming Seafuries.

4. Knowing that the staff have wiped the server and will again would be a huge deterrent for anyone to put significant time (=level beyond 10) on this server again.

5. A new server would split the population in half as well as distract Nilbog from completing Velious and thereby his grand design.

95% of the people pushing for a wipe are the people who joined recently and want to take away other people's toys. It's pure jealousy. Look at the OP: hey other people have more pixels than me, therefore lets wipe the server.

As I have said before, the right time to release a new server is when 500 people come back for Velious. We'll have sufficient population for a new server, and Nilbog will be in bugfixing mode.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't get the whole "I've been here too long enjoying classic EQ, if you deleted everything and made it classic EQ I'd quit."

that sounds like a problem with your personal comprehension if you ask me. we don't have to justify ourselves to you. just because you don't wish to believe it doesn't make it any less valid.

1. The server is 4 years old and still on kunark. With the original intent of the server to follow classic timeline progression, I dont think anyone expected p99 to go past 4 years without a reset, termination, or lucilin progression.

i'm not bothered by this.

2. The server is still on kunark, a reset would not only give nilbog breathing room for velious development,it would give people something to do again instead of (cant believe im sayong this) farm epics to sell....

what? how does he get more time by having to relaunch the server? how does the second half of this even relate to the first?

3. You cant tell me the majority of p99rs dont browse the forum... 200+ viewing server chat as we speak. This is EQ not counterstrike, what else do you think people on here do when they are bored at work / school?

they don't. not everybody is a forumquester.

4. This is an emulated server... If you played here with the intention of all your "hard work" lasting through the ages you have a screw loose. The devs owe us nothing, and could have scrapped it at any point in the last 4 years.

you're right. the devs owe nothing. we expect nothing. we got nothing. when it's gone, i'm gone.

For those of you saying you would 100% quit if there was a wipe. Regardless if you're a 6-month vet or several years. I have a question....

Aren't you playing because it's classic EQ? And not because you've now acquired lots of goodies? What if the devs came out and said "We lost all data, it's gone... we had a catastrophic failure and the backups aren't loading, we have to start over, sorry everyone..." Would you leave then? Would you leave if the game got wiped accidentally? I'm genuinely curious... because if in 2002 SoE announced my server got wiped accidentally, or intentionally because of unforseen circumstances... I most certainly wouldn't of quit playing...

I'm just wondering...

i'm playing because there was a break in well developed games, and i started playing, so i kept playing. i'd like to see my character, my account, do well. if you take away my character and my account, i'd have no more motivation. this is open and shut, really.

Well, for starters it would completely destroy the market for possible RMT for a very long time, not indefinitely but a very long time.

no, it wouldn't. less supply with the same demand just means higher prices.

A fresh server gives the opportunity to really micro-manage the total platinum on the server and also keep track of the high end items switching hands. As it is now, it is impossible to know what is legit and what isn't after so many years of corruption and exploits.

A fresh server comes with a lot of opportunity for the staff to make changes to preemptively combat future problems.

more opportunity? more like more work for the volunteer staff who already can barely handle what we have.

Nobody playing p99 right now should be against a fresh start. Progression servers weren't the hottest shit to hit Live EQ in the past decade for nothing.

and they died off for a reason: content was moving too fast.

Norrath
07-25-2013, 04:07 PM

It goes both ways, you lose some, you get some. It's like when D2 resets their ladders, thousands of people come back to take part in the freshness.

Boomshakalaka.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:10 PM

there's a huge difference between my MMO character on a persistent world with thousand of hours invested played with thousands of other players versus my HNS character that zoomed straight to chapter 5 on hard core mode.

bled12345
07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
He gets more time by resetting the server because he has 2 years to finish velious, not sure how that doesnt compute with you lol.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
3. The economy is not a problem. You can buy a fucking cloak of flames in EC for 135k! You can buy a FBSS for 10k! The people bitching about the problem are retards who think they should be able to get dragon loot after 20 hours of farming Seafuries.

listen to splorf. he speaks the truth.

He gets more time by resetting the server because he has 2 years to finish velious, not sure how that doesnt compute with you lol.

he can take 2 years from now for all i care. you're still not making any connections to a wipe suggestion.

Norrath
07-25-2013, 04:13 PM
there's a huge difference between my MMO character on a persistent world with thousand of hours invested played with thousands of other players versus my HNS character that zoomed straight to chapter 5 on hard core mode.

So because you don't want to lose your 1000+ hour character, you're campaigning to deny the creation of a new server for all of the people that do want to start over again fresh?

Makes sense.

purist__
07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Wipe it clean

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:15 PM
So because you don't want to lose your 1000+ hour character, you're campaigning to deny the creation of a new server for all of the people that do want to start over again fresh?

Makes sense.

they're welcome to start their own server. there's no need to take away from the p99 player-base to fulfill their own selfish needs.

This message is hidden because purist__ is on your ignore list.

Peener
07-25-2013, 04:15 PM

That wasn't the point I was making. I don't know enough about the server population to make a cost/benefit analysis of doing a server wipe - My point is that posters dismissing people who claim they won't play anymore by saying "they'll get over it" or "there's nothing else for them to do" seems a little dickish.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:17 PM
a little dickish.

a little? that one moran called us all toxic just because we don't want our stuff deleted whenever he commands.

Norrath
07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
they're welcome to start their own server. there's no need to take away from the p99 player-base to fulfill their own selfish needs.

Different perspectives.

It seems those campaigning to resist the opening of a new server are acting selfishly as well b/c they don't want to lose player base to something they don't personally desire.

purist__
07-25-2013, 04:19 PM
insignificant but vocal minority who only play EQ for greed and items: no wipe

overwhelming majority of noble playerbase who are here for classic EQ nostalgia and to have fun: wipe it clean

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:20 PM
It seems those campaigning to resist the opening of a new server are acting selfishly as well b/c they don't want to lose player base to something they don't personally desire.

sorry to break it to you, but the onus is actually on those making the demands rather than those who want no change.

This message is hidden because purist__ is on your ignore list.

Peener
07-25-2013, 04:22 PM
That said, if you're in favor of wiping the server or making a new one I can only assume you're bordering on mentally handicapped. If you want a game where devs go to great lengths to ensure you have the same opportunities and access to content as players who've spent years working on their characters, there's a game out there that would be perfect for you. It's called World of Warcraft.

aowen
07-25-2013, 04:23 PM
If you people who have such a problem with inflation or other people having to much money or whatever the hell your problem is with p99, then why don't you band together and start another EQEmu server and quit your bitching. I am against wiping this server, if you just want to start something else I don't care, I played on p99 in foreign time zones and when it was way less populous, I'll manage without you, just don't throw a bunch of my time and everyone else's down the drain by whimsically deleting the entire server and forcing patches to be progressively released all over again. Seems a bit extreme.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:24 PM
If you want a game where devs go to great lengths to ensure you have the same opportunities and access to content as players who've spent years working on their characters, there's a game out there that would be perfect for you. It's called World of Warcraft.

oh god. yes.

Rhuma7
07-25-2013, 04:25 PM
That wasn't the point I was making. I don't know enough about the server population to make a cost/benefit analysis of doing a server wipe - My point is that posters dismissing people who claim they won't play anymore by saying "they'll get over it" or "there's nothing else for them to do" seems a little dickish.

New players here actually have more benefit of a wipe than old veteran neckbeards.

A wipe means guises, manastones and rubicite drops and the entire server is able to assist you in hitting cap while meeting players that normally you would never see.

With that said... We can also just keep going down this boring road of a set-in-stone bloated server we currently have that correction: only a few people seem to be happy with.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:30 PM
New players here actually have more benefit of a wipe than old veteran neckbeards.

pointless, useless, ad hominem. nice touch. and no, they don't. what's the difference between 5 new players trying to level in crushbone and 500 players all having to start over? 495 less players in crushbone.

A wipe means guises, manastones and rubicite drops and the entire server is able to assist you in hitting cap while meeting players that normally you would never see.

all of these are currently available. just try putting some time and effort into the game. or go play world of warcraft, i guess.

With that said... We can also just keep going down this boring road of a set-in-stone bloated server we currently have that correction: only a few people seem to be happy with.

if people weren't happy to play here, then why would they play here?

Norrath
07-25-2013, 04:31 PM
sorry to break it to you, but the onus is actually on those making the demands rather than those who want no change.

This is invalid argumentation.

"Those making the demands" have already given copious reasoning as to why they would desire something like a new server, just look at the 5 or 6 threads currently going right now on the topic. Here's a couple of highlights:

- Non-classic timeline resulting in abnormally long Kunark era. This has produced very high mudflation (look of the definition of mudflation if you need to).

- RMT and item duping have further exacerbated the economy problems. Granted, a fix to these two issues would need to be implemented before a new server was established.

The point is, "onus" is a moot point when "those making demands" (I would reword to "those giving reasons why they desire a new server") have to comply to your personal reasoning and preferences to decide whether they are legitimate or otherwise. Thus, invalid argumentation.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:33 PM
This is invalid argumentation.

"Those making the demands" have already given copious reasoning as to why they would desire something like a new server, just look at the 5 or 6 threads currently going right now on the topic. Here's a couple of highlights:

- Non-classic timeline resulting in abnormally long Kunark era. This has produced very high mudflation (look of the definition of mudflation if you need to).

- RMT and item duping have further exacerbated the economy problems. Granted, a fix to these two issues would need to be implemented before a new server was established.

The point is, "onus" is a moot point when "those making demands" (I would reword to "those giving reasons why they desire a new server") have to comply to your personal reasoning and preferences to decide whether they are legitimate or otherwise. Thus, invalid argumentation.

your whole damn argument is invalid. RMT isn't going away with a new server, dumbass.

if the timeline bothers you so much, quit playing. no reason to drag the rest of us down for your selfishness.

xCry0x
DukeVonSausage is xCry0x

The fuck? I am arguing for a new server and he is arguing against it.

I am not bored enough to make a 2nd account to argue with myself..shit.

Dumbass.

Rhuma7
all of these are currently available. just try putting some time and effort into the game. or go play world of warcraft, i guess.

Dont make blanket assumptions that anyone who wants a wipe is a scrub casual that just wants pixels.

I have a nice fat stack of plat/gear just under 500k and can afford anything but a guised account and a pre nerf fungi staff.

All I see from you, is separation anxiety.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Dont make blanket assumptions that anyone who wants a wipe is a scrub casual that just wants pixels.

I have a nice fat stack of plat/gear just under 500k and can afford anything but a guised account and a pre nerf fungi staff.

and all i see from you is zero valid reasons to wipe the server.

purist__
07-25-2013, 04:37 PM

Rhuma7
07-25-2013, 04:37 PM
and all i see from you is zero valid reasons to wipe the server.

Lets try some religious logic for ya.

Give me a valid reason not to wipe the server.

Norrath
07-25-2013, 04:38 PM
your whole damn argument is invalid. RMT isn't going away with a new server, dumbass.

if the timeline bothers you so much, quit playing. no reason to drag the rest of us down for your selfishness.

Wow - that didn't take long. Here's to at least trying to have a reasonable conversation over the internet.

One quick thing:

Let me repeat what I posted, word-for-word, about RMT/duping and a new server, and I'm going to put it in bold to really help you read it and understand it.

"RMT and item duping have further exacerbated the economy problems. Granted, a fix to these two issues would need to be implemented before a new server was established."

So, before you lose your cool and start calling people "dumbasses" and such, please make sure you have thoroughly read and comprehended your opponents "invalid argumentation" before spewing around like an un-held firehouse.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Lets try some religious logic for ya.

Give me a valid reason not to wipe the server.

onus. i don't have to. the server exists and we play on it. good enough. pick one.

Samoht
07-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Wow - that didn't take long. Here's to at least trying to have a reasonable conversation over the internet.

One quick thing:

Let me repeat what I posted, word-for-word, about RMT/duping and a new server, and I'm going to put it in bold to really help you read it and understand it.

"RMT and item duping have further exacerbated the economy problems. Granted, a fix to these two issues would need to be implemented before a new server was established."

So, before you lose your cool and start calling people "dumbasses" and such, please make sure you have thoroughly read and comprehended your opponents "invalid argumentation" before spewing around like an un-held firehouse.

hey look, asshole: all of your threads are riddled with ad hominem attacks and passive aggressiveness, but you get excited at being called a dumbass. the RNF section is made for people like you, try posting there instead.

Norrath
07-25-2013, 04:42 PM
hey look, asshole: all of your threads are riddled with ad hominem attacks and passive aggressiveness, but you get excited at being called a dumbass. the RNF section is made for people like you, try posting there instead.

Let's get real specific then - give me an example of an ad hominem attack I've used. Also, give me an example of you actually responding to anything I've said, or showing any kind of respect to anyone with a different opinion than yours.

bled12345
07-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Gentlemwn stay on track, have a hate fest in private messages, so far there have been great points all through this thread with no rnf feel, would love to see it maintain that path :D

Rhuma7
07-25-2013, 04:45 PM
onus. i don't have to. the server exists and we play on it. good enough. pick one.

This should be a clear sign for anyone. Dont expect a rational debate with this guy.

Peener
07-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Let's get real specific then - give me an example of an ad hominem attack I've used. Also, give me an example of you actually responding to anything I've said, or showing any kind of respect to anyone with a different opinion than yours.

To quote the great Patton Oswalt on respecting differing opinions and beliefs:

"You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs." No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: “That is fucking stupid. Are you kidding me?" I acknowledge that you believe that, that’s great, but I’m not going to respect it. I have an uncle that believes he saw Sasquatch. We do not believe him, nor do we respect him!"

Norrath
07-25-2013, 04:46 PM
This should be a clear sign for anyone. Dont expect a rational debate with this guy.

Yea just saw that.