PDA

View Full Version : Necro Starting Stats

Taiku
07-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Wondering what the preferred starting stats are for an Iksar Necromancer, I really don't know how much of a difference it makes, I'm not a twinked out character and I'm not planning on being able to do end game stuff with this character, the goal is to get around lvl 40 or so on him, and see where that takes me.

As of right now I dumped 25 points into strength and 5 into int, still wearing my starting robe and dagger at level 6, I'm not sure if this was a mistake or not, considering how impressed I would be with an item with 25 int on it, just seems like a lot of int to lose.. How much mana am I missing out by not spending the points in int? or how much hp and I missing out by not spending those points into stam?

My reasoning behind the strength was that since I have such good mana regen as a necromancer, the thing that will stop my leveling will be encumbrance, running too slow from the mob or having to trudge back to a bank or a vendor to exchange copper/silver/gold for plat.

I know it probably doesn't matter all that much, but just thought I would ask in case I'm making some horrible error in character creation or something! My necro is really planned to be a farming type character, but I don't want to gimp myself right off the bat :)

jtt25c
07-24-2013, 08:55 AM
strength does nothing for necros. Int is good, followed by stamina.

fastboy21
07-24-2013, 08:55 AM
strength not going to help you. would do int and stamina. mana and hp.

encumbrance isn't a real issue.

Flamewraith
07-24-2013, 09:03 AM
The two prime stats for necros are int obviously for mana and stamina with which your lich line will return as mana. Strength was not a very good idea, I suggest a reroll before getting too invested, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you carried on like this.

Taiku
07-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Alright, rerolling then! How should I spend my points? just 25 int 5 stam?

Swish
07-24-2013, 09:18 AM
As a solo farmer you'll probably make use of some extra STR points but everyone is right here. You need 150-160 INT to get by, 180-200 to shine (dotting up more mobs at once etc)... and the stamina helps your lich go for longer.

Definitely the correct race however, the regen on an iksar is pimpin' at higher levels compared to the other races and you look awesome in a robe ;)

Swish
07-24-2013, 09:19 AM

Yep, or near enough... I think I went 20 int / 10 stamina or something :p

Taiku
07-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah of course! Iksar all the way, If I can ever pick iksar for the class I'm making, I pick Iksar, they're so cool even if you don't think about the racial bonuses! :3

Freakish
07-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Split them between INT and STA.
INT for more mana, STA for more hp.

At 60, you get 10 mana for each INT before 200, 5 over 200.
2.2 hp per STA at 60.

falkun
07-24-2013, 10:07 AM
STA gives a horrible return, 2.5HP/1STA at 60, even less at L40. I don't think you were as bad off as you think with 25STR/5INT. Starting at L8 you get the lich line anyways, therefore making mana regen more important than total mana. Less encumbrance issues are nothing to turn your nose up at, especially when you have to carry pet weapons because you can't summon them (mage).

AexDestroy
07-24-2013, 11:26 AM
I got 25 int, because you want to hit 200+ int as easily as possible so you can wear HP gear. HP Gear > Stamina

Nerosys
07-24-2013, 12:20 PM
It depends on if you want to think longterm sta is the hardest stat to raise in the game factoring in the gear choices you have available int is easy to max out and typically always cheaper therefore i put all sta on my iksar necro and put the rest in int

Nirgon
07-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Regen has a cap come Velious. I'm a big fan of erudite necro.

Dont think aura of battle plays into it and not 100% how high zheart takes you. But, aura of battle is def a good pickup on a necro.

Bantam 1
07-24-2013, 12:36 PM

Back in the day when I played an iksar necromancer I went 25 int, 5 str.

Iksars don't have great starting intelligence so the mana pool is important. The stamina actually means jack squat (you don't get a lot of return on investment for stamina). The 5 extra strength is just extra loot to carry (similar to what you said).

Gadwen
07-24-2013, 01:11 PM
It depends on if you want to think longterm sta is the hardest stat to raise in the game factoring in the gear choices you have available int is easy to max out and typically always cheaper therefore i put all sta on my iksar necro and put the rest in int

The return for sta isn't worth it, even at lvl 60 a cheap HP item will make up a large portion if not all of the extra HP the sta will give you. Look at it this way, 1 55 HP ring will cover 20 points of sta at lvl 60, and thats 250pp, now how many slots will you need to get 20 INT or 200+ mana without raid drops?

INT all the way.

Swish
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM
STA gives a horrible return, 2.5HP/1STA at 60, even less at L40. I don't think you were as bad off as you think with 25STR/5INT. Starting at L8 you get the lich line anyways, therefore making mana regen more important than total mana. Less encumbrance issues are nothing to turn your nose up at, especially when you have to carry pet weapons because you can't summon them (mage).

True but weight reduction bags aren't too tricky to get hold of as you level, I see Shralok Packs being sold in EC every time I pass through :p

Adolphus
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I got 25 int, because you want to hit 200+ int as easily as possible so you can wear HP gear. HP Gear > Stamina

+1

The idea of adding STA to a necro is not well thought out. Much better to put it all into INT and a tad into STR and raise HP through actual "HP Gear".

STA does almost nothing for a necro in regards to HP boost - waste of stats.