PDA

View Full Version : Newbie need help

spazz12
07-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi everyone!

First off I have to start with that I'm really enjoying my experience with the game so far (played 10-15 mins) the problem however that I am currently facing is that I have no clue how to do some particular things and I've scimmed through the forums here and google and so forth and not found the answer to my questions.

Reason for this is that a lot of guides mentions progression and other neat details which are very helpful and informative but unfortunately I never played Everquest ever before. I started playing MMORPGs by playing City of Heroes and then ventured on from there.

The problem I'm having atm is I rolled a mage as my first character and a Erudite at that. I have turned in the letter you get to the NPC and visited the jailer and spoken to him about the Heretic quest.

Now I've run outside the starting city and into the forest where there is snakes, skeletons and a lot of kobolder. Here I have found that I have the easiest time fighting snakes for now, trying to improve my first fire skill and melee combat however I am clueless to how I get a pet for instance.
All guides, wikis etc I've come across so far mention these pets but none of them actually explains how one obtains one and since I am from the hand-held MMORPG generation I might have more issue then others to find these things out.

I love the exploration part and that you don't have quest pointers, maps and other things like todays theme-park MMORPGS and I have no problem with searching the interwebz for answers but I've found nothing actually explaining how you get your first pet and how you start to earn money/which npc in my starting area you can turn in things for for money.
So far I've only have spent 1 skill point into sense heading and saved the otehr 4 for later since I read somewhere that was the way to do it (I am still at lvl 1)

If anyone have the time/want to just give me a few pointers I would grately appreciate any help I can get. :cool:

falkun
07-24-2013, 08:07 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Main_Page
If you navigate to the magician page, you'll notice that magicians do not get pets until L4. Until your next spell circle (L4), you are essentially a weaker wizard (their L1 nuke does like 1-3 more damage than yours). Nuke until L4, then purchase your first round of pets. Be sure to also pick up the regent item to summon your L4 pets.

The wiki is the best place on the interwebz to search for P99 info, this board being the 2nd best.

Good luck, and welcome to our world now.

kaos057
07-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Look for skeletons with sticks and kill them/loot the sticks.

Sell the sticks to merchants

Repeat until level 4

Find mage spell vendor and buy spells

summon pet of your choice (earth, air, fire, water)

Lojik
07-26-2013, 11:14 PM
If you're having trouble leveling, take the boat over to the qeynos area and kill low level gnolls. Gnoll teeth can be turned in for excellent experience.

Kender
07-26-2013, 11:34 PM
If you're having trouble leveling, take the boat over to the qeynos area and kill low level gnolls. Gnoll teeth can be turned in for excellent experience.

or even better, kill rabid wolves and hand their pelts into the priestess in the temple of life

each pelt nets 2pp when handed in. rabid bear pelt (bear is level 8) also gains 2pp and a spell with sells for 1p9g

more than enough to buy your first few ranks of spells