PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: crouch not cancelling spell casting

Tobras
07-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Crouching will cause an interrupt, but will not stop the casting progress bar. I am unable to cast another spell until the casting progress bar is over and I am returned the interrupt message. Previously, crouching would instantly stop the progress bar and I could immediately cast another spell. It seems to work as before on blue, but I have confirmed with others that this has recently changed on red.

Thanks for your work!

Tobras

Tobras
07-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Correction -- it actually doesn't even interrupt my spells. It seems the only surefire way to interrupt myself is by jumping.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Blue should work like this.

Red is correct for this era, blue is wrong.

Ele
07-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Why does Red get to be era appropriate and not Blue?

------------------------------
June 27, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

- Spell and Item Interruption: Ducking will now interrupt a spell
instantly.

Damn guys.

It worked like this till 2001. Unless you played something that cast no spells, this is something you should definitely remember.

In addition to this, you *should* be able to sit down during a long cast from a spell or clicky. As long as you are standing when it completes, it should resolve and cast.

I hope this is a joke. It obviously takes a lot more skill to pay attention to wtf you're doing and not cast the wrong spell.

If you review the patch notes, you'll discover we didn't have this functionality until long after pve was opened.

I support it being added purely because it should classically be there until June, 2001. It wasn't added because pve had been up for multiple years. PvP server had the option of starting with it.

Regardless, this is the pvp bugs section, so working as intended until midway Velious.

Silikten
07-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah whats the deal with Blue being able to duck spells and Red has to wait?

gotrocks
07-29-2013, 05:13 AM
Yeah whats the deal with Blue being able to duck spells and Red has to wait?

lol, this was literally JUST explained in the quote from nilbog ele just posted 0_o

kaos057
07-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Why do we have to have this thread once a week?? Learn to search!

Nirgon
07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Please keep red this way and FIX blue =)

Silikten
07-29-2013, 03:53 PM
lol, this was literally JUST explained in the quote from nilbog ele just posted 0_o

lol, you're an idiot.

The explanation is "because I wanted red to have it." That is a far cry from being a reasonable explanation. Most of the rules here a based upon classic era, yet the same exact server has options from velious.

Sadly enough, the blue server, which ducking isn't even that prevalent, due to not having to adapt from a mob who you know will always cast certain spells, has the ducking option.

Ducking a spell is a game breaking utility which can make or break a pvp fight. It will not have nearly as much benefit PvE vs PvP.

But, again, the main point is, as Nilbog stated, it is a velious era option. So why does blue have it and not red? Unless blue has velious, then I can understand your reasoning.