PDA

View Full Version : So is this due to DDoS attacks?

nickriviera79
07-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Although I've not seen an official post (did I miss it?) that there have been DDoS attacks on the server, this appears to be the case based on reading posts on this forum.

Over the last few days, while playing in the evenings, the server has on several occasions "lagged out", and the game essentially becomes unresponsive. First the mobs either disappear or become un-targetable, then I can no longer attack anything or cast spells, and basically I no longer am able to interact with the world. Interestingly though, if I log out and log back in, the game often becomes playable again. Could this behavior be attributed to a DDoS attack? I just assumed that logging back in wouldn't "fix" the game if the server was still being flooded.

So is it mere conjecture that the server has been the target of DDoS attacks (as I have not seen any mention of it in the News and Announcements sub forum), and if DDoS attacks have been substantiated, would they explain the server lag out as I have described above?

Just interested in what is going on. Thanks for any info on this matter.

Kiwaukee
07-22-2013, 11:16 PM
DDoS attacks are confirmed to be going on by the server admins/GMs.

Your experience is alot like what happens when an attack occurs.

Ektar
07-22-2013, 11:27 PM
your logging out and back in "fix" just lines u pwith the timeline ssociated with the server going out nd back up. relogging won't actually fix it