PDA

View Full Version : special thanks to p1999 community

fastboy21
07-21-2013, 08:05 PM
I recently returned to p1999 after having played way back pre-kunark. So, I have several 50 chars that I've been playing with from my original account, but feel like a total newb again.

I was around for the last wave of DDOS attacks back then. It was one of the reasons I took a break from playing here. I have to say that there is a big difference between then and now. The community this time around has been very helpful, especially with offering donation free rezzes and ports for CRs. I don't remember folks being so interested in helping each other last time around.

In any case, thank you to those of you who have been fighting this attack on p1999 by giving free in-game help. You guys are awesome.

To new folks: it really stinks that your introduction to the server has been so laggy/crashy. Don't let it affect your decision to play here. The same thing goes for the forums. If all you did was read the poison that happens in RnF you would never know how great this community really is. Stick around. It is going to get better.

Thanks again all. Glad to be here again despite the issues with the server very recently.

See you in game!

~Dobby

Yardcore
07-21-2013, 08:09 PM
I recently returned to p1999 after having played way back pre-kunark. So, I have several 50 chars that I've been playing with from my original account, but feel like a total newb again.

I was around for the last wave of DDOS attacks back then. It was one of the reasons I took a break from playing here. I have to say that there is a big difference between then and now. The community this time around has been very helpful, especially with offering donation free rezzes and ports for CRs. I don't remember folks being so interested in helping each other last time around.

In any case, thank you to those of you who have been fighting this attack on p1999 by giving free in-game help. You guys are awesome.

To new folks: it really stinks that your introduction to the server has been so laggy/crashy. Don't let it affect your decision to play here. The same thing goes for the forums. If all you did was read the poison that happens in RnF you would never know how great this community really is. Stick around. It is going to get better.

Thanks again all. Glad to be here again despite the issues with the server very recently.

See you in game!

~Dobby

Well said my friend.

Mattius
07-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Welcome back. Other than attacks it is great in my opinion. I am a quite pleased newer player.