PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter soloing

Norathorr
07-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi my friend is playing an enchanter and is lv 12 and has just got charm. Is charming the best way to get solo exp or should charming be used later on. He has had a few deaths charming so far. I have no knowledge of int casters so any veteran help on this subject would be helpful.

Mazeri
07-19-2013, 10:54 PM
I am currently a level 16 ench and have done a fair amount of solo charm killing. They say it starts to get easier in the 30s, but if you take your time you can do it at 12. The best advice I can give is that you want to always keep what your killing rooted. This way when your charm drops you only need to worry about 1 mob.

Beyond that you can experiment with nuking your target to try and kill a few mobs with 1 pet or try and get your pet and target to around 15-20%, invis to break charm and nuke both for full xp.

Sow helps a lot and so does cha gear.

Edit... Also, it's a good idea to charm blue mobs as even and higher mobs seem to break more often.

Norathorr
07-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Cheers mazeri, I will relay this information to him:)

adament1824
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
use taper enchantment to break charm only costs 5mana

Malone88
07-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Great info from Mazeri and Adament...;)

I'd recommend reading the Enchanter guides on the Project 1999 Wiki
for more info. They are PACKED with great tips.

A few more quick tips.

1) Keep target mob rooted at all times and slowed too for more safety.
2) Have CHA buff on you at all times.
3) Tash mob you want to charm first and charm will last longer.
4) Use Color Flux/Shift to stun mob when charm breaks, to give
you some time to recast Charm.
5) Break Charm/Kill pet first, then kill target to ensure full XP for both kills.
6) When duoing with a healer, keep pet around with heals and put haste
on it. Best and easiest XP I have found.
7) Charm blue or light blues only...anything higher will break charm quickly.

Good luck!

Selenia

Swish
07-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Keep "Rune" up on you as well. Especially into the 30s and beyond. Not enough HP to be losing chunks to an unexpected charm break :p

adament1824
07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
just to add to the above post, rune causes a shit ton of agro. So dont cast it while your fighting mobs they will most likely go after you but definitely keep it up before pulling or charming it helps a ton.

Widan
07-24-2013, 03:01 PM
any recommendations for lower level charm spots? sub 30 or so.

adament1824
07-25-2013, 01:06 PM
solo or duo? because duo is quite awesome for xp. Places i charm with my shammy friend, Upper Guk, MM, Sol A, Unrest. Basically any place with the big xp modifier. Solo can be a lot harder and less xp, even if you just pick up another caster to help you its worth it.

Triangle
07-25-2013, 01:59 PM
5) Break Charm/Kill pet first, then kill target to ensure full XP for both kills.

Can anyone else comment on this? I was under the impression that if you break charm the damage your pet did is no longer counted toward xp and therefore it wouldn't matter if you killed pet first or second. Thanks!

falkun
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
If you've broken charm, it does not matter which order you kill the two mobs in.

Mazeri
07-25-2013, 04:09 PM
any recommendations for lower level charm spots? sub 30 or so.

I did a fair amount of solo in Oasis 12-20 (could go higher) via crocs and orc highway. It starts off a bit hard but gets really easy around 18 (and fast).

I was going to try LOIO next (outdoor zones are easier for me to solo).

Darkatar
07-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Breaking pet will erase the pets damage from the "damage done" table.

it does not heal the mob for this HP

So, say your kill has 1khp
Pet does 950dmg
Kill has 50hp
break charm
Kill has 50hp still
do 50 dmg
Receive full exp.

Malone88
07-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Good to know...thanks for clarification!

Kritimus
08-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Will this also break root on the other mob?

jcmtg
08-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Will this also break root on the other mob?

No, since your charmed pet is just Tashan'd and Charm'd.

While your target mob is Tashan'd and Rooted.

So, taper ench on your pet will remove the Charm buff on it (Tashan is a debuff).

If you haste your pet while DUOing with a cleric or shaman, then for full exp you'll need to break charm which is easier with Invis since you're TWO buffs deep on the mob.

Kevynne
08-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi my friend is playing an enchanter and is lv 12 and has just got charm. Is charming the best way to get solo exp or should charming be used later on. He has had a few deaths charming so far. I have no knowledge of int casters so any veteran help on this subject would be helpful.

Charming is best.
Whirl strategy was best before it got nerfed doe

Tsenor
08-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Can anyone else comment on this? I was under the impression that if you break charm the damage your pet did is no longer counted less mana than stun root blast). oward xp and therefore it wouldn't matter if you killed pet first or second. Thanks!

Yes, if you break charm you get full xp. If you want to keep pet and still get xp then back pet off and mem blur the mob. Easier than breaking charm and having to deal with 2 mobs.

Kevynne
08-12-2013, 06:03 PM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73343
Tell him o look at that^

Vega
08-12-2013, 09:56 PM

I actually never do this on my chanter. Maybe at lower levels for a little bit? The problem is you need to target your pet and be in range. With invisibility you can sit yourself nice and far back from your pet when you break. It gives you plenty of time to cast root or a lower level nuke. The drawback is longer cast time (so you need to think ahead a little) but this obviously gets negated when you get the gazughi ring.

Zhaige
08-20-2013, 03:43 AM
If you haste your pet while DUOing with a cleric or shaman, then for full exp you'll need to break charm which is easier with Invis since you're TWO buffs deep on the mob.

I thought in a group the pet xp penalty is removed as long as you (not your pet) do 1pt of damage?

Tecmos Deception
08-20-2013, 08:54 AM
I don't think you even need to do 1 damage. If you are grouped, no pet will ever steal xp.

adament1824
08-21-2013, 02:38 AM
as long as your grouped your pet will not take xp doesnt matter if it does 100%dmg.

Nuggie
08-22-2013, 04:03 AM
as long as your grouped your pet will not take xp doesnt matter if it does 100%dmg.

this has also been my experience charm duo'ing in CoM with 2 necro's.