PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Tradeskill : Spiderling silk combine failure

BetaTested320i
07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey guys,

I've read a couple of different places that spiderling or spider silk combines to make threads or swashes are never supposed to fail after they trivial. I was just working up a couple of threads and had one fail out on me with my tailoring skill of 33.

Just wanted to make you guys aware, and see if it was a known issue or something that you're gonna leave as is.

astarothel
07-09-2010, 12:24 PM
I've read a couple of different places that spiderling or spider silk combines to make threads or swashes are never supposed to fail after they trivial.

There is no flag for "nofail after trivial" as far as I know. An item is either flagged as NOFAIL, or not. After it trivials, a recipe that is not flagged NOFAIL still has a small chance of failure around 5% modified downward by the amount your skill is above the trivial value.

BetaTested320i
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
There is no flag for "nofail after trivial" as far as I know. An item is either flagged as NOFAIL, or not. After it trivials, a recipe that is not flagged NOFAIL still has a small chance of failure around 5% modified downward by the amount your skill is above the trivial value.

http://www.lokari.net/everquest/ingredients.html#silk_swatch

I had swatches and threads fail before I hit the trivial cap, but I am quite sad to see that I have failed after the trivial. If you go and look at a web archive of Casters Realm it also says that these items are supposed to be NOFAIL flagged.

So I guess then that the item hasn't been flagged properly?

mmiles8
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
In classic there was no such thing as a no-fail combine, however, one shaman has noted a similar problem with the bearskin potion bag combine failing, so if the no-fail flag is in game and is intended to stay, it isn't working properly.

Meanwhile, here is your chance of success:

Success* = Skill - 0.75*Trivial + 51.5 (rounded up, for Trivial>= 68)
Success* = Skill - Trivial + 66 (for Trivial < 68)

BetaTested320i
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
In classic there was no such thing as a no-fail combine, however, one shaman has noted a similar problem with the bearskin potion bag combine failing, so if the no-fail flag is in game and is intended to stay, it isn't working properly.

Meanwhile, here is your chance of success:

Success* = Skill - 0.75*Trivial + 51.5 (rounded up, for Trivial>= 68)
Success* = Skill - Trivial + 66 (for Trivial < 68)

Okay, so the Success* on Something like a Hand Made backpack with a trivial of 88 with my skill of 35 would end up being -82.5, and on like a Silk Thread -46.

Would the formula be 100 - Success* to come up with the % chance of actually making the item?

Just trying to figure it out. I haven't seen a formula like what you posted before, and it could be potentially REALLY helpful.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
yeah u can still fail after trivial, always could..

mmiles8
07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Would the formula be 100 - Success* to come up with the % chance of actually making the item?
This

I haven't seen a formula like what you posted before

It's on the eqtrader forums

PabloEdvardo
02-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Bumping this -> Spiderling and Spider Silk combines should NEVER fail after trivial. This also includes combining potions in bearskin bag.

This is NOT the same as the 'nofail trivial' that still has a rare chance of failing. There should be absolutely 0% chance of failing on potion combines or spider(ling) silk.

Please fix this! Very annoying watching my silk disappear... and I definitely don't want to lose my potions :(

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Is this true? It does sound familiar!