PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting metals for cultural smithing

thieros
07-18-2013, 03:41 PM
So any enchanter can enchant any metal for cultural smithing. Thats cool. However my question is, can that same smith after enchanting do the smithing of the enchanted folded metal sheet? i.e

3 chars: DE Enchanter, DE Smith, Dwarven Smith

DE Smithing

DE enchanter enchants 120 large blocks of adamantium & smashes em down to the 40 enchanted folded adamantium sheets at the tier'dal forge.This works no problem as it is a generic combine that any DE can do with proper skill level.

Dwarf Smithing

DE enchanter enchants 120 large blocks of brellium & smashes em down to the 40 enchanted folded brellium sheets at the stormguard forge. Will this work?

My instinct says no, but hopeful thinking compells me to pose this question to the masses. If no one comes up with an answer, ill post results of said experiment once my stupid enchanter dings 49.

Thulack
07-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Only same races as the forge can use it so no. And honestly i always thought that only certain races could enchant certain metals. i know its not that way here but Ele or someone could take a look at that.

Droog007
07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't think there's any such thing as a spell that can only be scribed, memorized, or cast by a certain race. There's only the issue of finding a source for the spell scroll - may be more difficult for some race/deity combos.

e.g. My wife (agnostic HIE ENC) routinely enchants Brellium for my brother (Brell DWF CLR)

Also - as an Innoruuk TRL SHM I'm pretty certain I could imbue ivory should anyone tempt me with enough plat and supplied the scroll.

Thulack
07-18-2013, 05:34 PM
imbued plains pebble can only be cast by karana following druids. There are plenty other spells just like it.

Treats
07-18-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't understand why the change has never been made to require gems to enchant the metals. This cultural armor should be rare stuff to make, not common.

Thulack
07-18-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't understand why the change has never been made to require gems to enchant the metals. This cultural armor should be rare stuff to make, not common.

what gems?

Treats
07-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Enchant Velium (Velious) -- Unknown (Nothin in spdat)
Enchant Mithril -- Blue Diamond
Enchant Adamantite -- Blue Diamond
Enchant Steel -- Jacinth
Enchant Brellium -- Jacinth

thieros
07-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Enchant Velium (Velious) -- Unknown (Nothin in spdat)
Enchant Mithril -- Blue Diamond
Enchant Adamantite -- Blue Diamond
Enchant Steel -- Jacinth
Enchant Brellium -- Jacinth

I would cry. And hoard stacks on stacks on stacks before that patch