PDA

View Full Version : Back again, going in deep!

Taiku
07-18-2013, 02:40 AM
So I've been away for a while now from p1999, tried eq2 and eqlive, hated both of them! So I'm back but I'm having a hard time deciding on what to play now. I love playing support and being someone that people would like to have in their groups! I have just rolled a bard because from what I can tell from spell descriptions their mana regen potential is amazing with the pulse based mana songs. But I just realized they get lull and mez and might be asked to pull.. Which is why I stopped playing my monk, I am okay at pulling but it's just not enjoyable to me.

So maybe a pure healer would be a bit more my speed, between cleric shaman and druid what is the most desirable cleric?

I'm in p1999 for the long haul and I am determined to get to 60 or at least be able to do some of the things I wasn't able to do when I played eq live like planes and dragon raids. But I'm interested in it being a laid back experience at least for leveling and such :) options like a Mage or wizard wouldn't be out of the question either, or even a rogue. Just as long as its not pulling or mezzing, it just stresses me out too much!

So any advice for a semi laid back class where I can be an asset to the group, and if a cleric, which of the three is a more desirable in groups/raids?

citizen1080
07-18-2013, 02:47 AM
Wizard afk 50% of the time. Thats pretty laid back

Taiku
07-18-2013, 02:51 AM
Only thing about wizard I don't really like is that no one wants/needs a wizard in their group lol, from what I have read anyway, which is why I was leaning towards a cleric class or a bard (aside from the pulling role of the bard)

Anesthia
07-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Bard. You contribute to every group. Sack up and pull if you need to. But you won't be expected to be as good as specialized classes.

webrunner5
07-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Cleric, Shaman, Druid in that order best healers. Cleric is probably the most laid back of them. No real buff to do every 5 minutes, and heals very efficient. Can be boring and hard to loot stuff. Can solo but not really great. Everyone tries being a Battle Cleric at least once.

Bard is VERY busy. Really can't even talk in groups. Not if you are a good Bard, and not afk half the time. :eek: Play what you want, LONG ways to 60 playing something that sucks to you.

khanable
07-18-2013, 09:34 AM
The server is in DIRE need of more monks

Taiku
07-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I absolutely love my monk, however pulling is SUCH a downer for me, I get stressed out for no reason pulling on him.. I'm not bad at it, I actually got really good at splitting the cramped rooms in unrest while I was leveling/grouping there, but oh my god I could only play for like an hour or two before I couldn't pull anymore. I don't mind tanking, but pulling is just really not enjoyable for me, and since from what I can tell groups like monks because of their FD pulling powers I figured it just wasn't for me in the long run.

Taiku
07-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Cleric, Shaman, Druid in that order best healers. Cleric is probably the most laid back of them. No real buff to do every 5 minutes, and heals very efficient. Can be boring and hard to loot stuff. Can solo but not really great. Everyone tries being a Battle Cleric at least once.

Bard is VERY busy. Really can't even talk in groups. Not if you are a good Bard, and not afk half the time. :eek: Play what you want, LONG ways to 60 playing something that sucks to you.
Yeah that's honestly what I'm afraid of, I did 1-30 ish on my monk only to decide it wasn't for me when I learned my real group role.. So I'm thinking of sticking with cleric just because of how effective of healers they are, plus I've never played a class with rez! I've played druid before back when kunark was released on the live EQ, and I think if I played a shaman it would have to be Iksar just based on my race preference.. and I've kind of had enough of being KoS everywhere ;-;

LordSterben
07-18-2013, 01:54 PM
You could always stick with monk and play it however the hell you like. Don't bend to the will of the group!!!!!!

The other option is to roll a shaman and never look back. GL

Coriolis
07-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Unless things have drastically changed in the few months I haven't been able to play, Khanable is definitely trolling you. Monks are one of the most common twinks made on P99.

That being said, of the healing choices I'd say cleric if you want a more laid back but incredibly value group position. However shamans are just as valuable to groups, but can also solo quite well giving more leveling options, of course they are a bit more active with slows, heals, buffs etc.

Bantam 1
07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
If you play a cleric; feel free to PM me I'll group with you on my shaman.

Lopretni
07-18-2013, 04:02 PM
You could always stick with monk and play it however the hell you like. Don't bend to the will of the group!!!!!!

This. You can also express to your group your desire to simply DPS/tank, and as long as you're polite I'm sure they'll understand. Still, you might get forced into pulling here and there but eh.

webrunner5
07-18-2013, 09:20 PM
If your a Monk in a group you are pretty much going to have to pull. Pretty simple. Lets not sugarcoat it. :p

Taiku
07-18-2013, 10:01 PM
If your a Monk in a group you are pretty much going to have to pull. Pretty simple. Lets not sugarcoat it. :p
Yeahhh.. And saying "No I don't want to pull" as a really good class for pulling won't make me any friends, while I sit there and watch someone else struggle to pull when I could do it easier but have a bad time.. so I'm pretty much sold on making a new character, and when I want to play my monk I'll just solo or something to pass time!

Taiku
07-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Alright I'm going to just stick to leveling my Cleric for now! My female halfling Quest, I guess orc camps in EC are a pretty good spot, where should I move after the exp becomes too slow? and what level? :o (Probably going to be leveling her all night at the orc camps ^^)

Lottoanyone
07-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Play a monk like me just train them make the people work if they making u work lol

Soandso
07-19-2013, 01:05 AM
It does get kinda boring just staring at peoples HP bars.