PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution to awakening the sleeper...

spoils
07-17-2013, 06:27 PM
How about once sleeper awakens, zone changes to 2.0 for minimum 6 monthss then reverts back, kinda a zone respawn cycle for a long time. Let the community decide when to awaken the sleeper to let people get loot from both versions. Heck maybe add a server wide quest that involves everyone to contribute something to let the zone respawn...it'd be a huge plat sink to allow for economic health and forces guildes like tmo and ib with their huge guild banks to finally have something to spend their millions of banked plat on...

Sadly it's not classic so fuck you spoils!

zanderklocke
07-17-2013, 06:32 PM
It's an interesting idea, but it seems like something that could be worried about once the sleeper is actually awoken. It's not exactly classic, but the developers have mentioned possibly adding content after velious is done.

I mean, I'm doubtful, but maybe people will not choose to screw over more casual players by removing loot from the game by waking the sleeper. Regardless, if someone does decide to wake the sleeper, they will be fated to be the hated guild on the server.

I made the other thread about pre-woken sleeper loot just so people were aware of what it means to wake the sleeper. Many casual players on this server aren't all that aware of what it means to wake or not wake the sleeper. In fact, I had to some research on the classic Velious timeline to figure out exactly what it meant.

At the end of the day, with knowledge easily accessible and out in the open, it'll be interesting to see how players use Sleeper's Tomb when they are capable of raiding it. As a casual player playing off and on, I'll probably be sitting back and watching.

spoils
07-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Guild can be hated but with the ease of buying a new account, it won't be long till the hate only applies to the tag and not the persons involved with waking the sleeper...

For a server only ever meant to progress thru velious, one of the final endzones never respawning to their original glory is sort of a big middle finger to any future guilds or still-growing guilds.

In the spirit of "zomg I miss gnome masks and regen robes!" I think a 6 month timer or more is enough motivation alone for guilds to go ahead and wake the sleeper but also know that they shouldn't do it often...

But then again...manastones, guises, etc don't drop anymore and people are ok with that

:/

zanderklocke
07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Difference with guise and manastones is that players had no control over that.

P.S. But dem server first lists on an emulated server of EverQuest.

Tiggles
07-17-2013, 06:47 PM
TMo has no plans on every weeking the sleeper.

Nirgon
07-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Nilbog confirmed if the sleeper is awakened, there will be no reset

Well

Rogean confirmed that Nilbog would say "fuck no" to that

Rhambuk
07-17-2013, 06:48 PM
From what I've heard from zeelot, spelling I dunno F'ing know these fantasy names you guys come up with, he does not plan to ever wake the sleeper.

IB on the other hand are oh so proud of that server first list....

Nirgon
07-17-2013, 06:50 PM
The best part on sleeper awakenings is all the people who would never have raided in there still losing their minds over it

spoils
07-17-2013, 06:54 PM
I sincerely hope kerafym goes to every zone...yes every zone and DTs every pc and npc even death looping people so they have to logic until he's done and depops

If he's never respawning again, it needs to be an epic event.

Lottoanyone
07-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Best idea is to look at real events where guilds had 6 months of kunark not 3 years simply take the time frame of velious release to first time he was awoke in that time frame make last warder not be able to be killed or simply not even spawn

zanderklocke
07-17-2013, 07:13 PM
simply take the time frame of velious release to first time he was awoke in that time frame make last warder not be able to be killed or simply not even spawn

What?

I think you're saying don't make the last warder killable for awhile after Velious is released. You're saying wait until the same amount of time has passed since the sleeper was first killed on Live after Velious was released?

That seems pretty non-classic and a strange bottleneck.

zanderklocke
07-17-2013, 07:20 PM
The only reason Nilbog or Rogean would ever make a decision to deviate from classic is to make their lives easier. Hence variance and FTe shouts were added. This allowed them to not have to have GMs at every fricken raid encounter to decide who gets the loot.

Any other suggestions that aren't classic, such as this lets reset the sleeper every so often, are never going to be taken seriously because the "grand vision" of the server is to recreate a classic server. Not necessarily do things that would make things easier for the players or even more desirable for the players.

Arteker
07-17-2013, 07:42 PM
honestly while i wouldnt mind to make this server the 4 sleeper awakens i relaized at this point i just dont care.

aswell its true and im a tmo member than there is a very very big No to wake it up from official tmo .
the question is i doubt if tmo isnt around or lost controll of it other guild njamely ib could do it just to spit in server face as they do as usual.

asshoff from fe can bitch and maon but the truth is is , tmo will not wake up sleeper and it has been debated and we allready have settings to fuck anyone trying it.

Nuggie
07-17-2013, 07:50 PM
^ wow

Its going to get woken.

You have never been in such a large group of trolls as you are right now.

zanderklocke
07-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Time will tell, but my money isn't on TMO.

Joroz
07-17-2013, 08:53 PM
the sleeper script didn't even work when Velious was released... i wouldn't worry about the sleeper waking.

medievalerror
07-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Forgive my ignorance--what happens when the sleeper awakes? (I stopped playing EQ before this happened...didn't come back til PoP)...

Nuggie
07-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Unless you catch him on a bad week and zerg him, he goes on a rampage through some of the Velious zones. Ends up in Skyshrine for Yeli's head.

medievalerror
07-17-2013, 09:48 PM
But some items disappear?

zanderklocke
07-17-2013, 10:06 PM
But some items disappear?

Correct. This thread linked below lists the items that will disappear permanently.

https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115188

myriverse
07-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Sleeper wakes up and every character in the zone is immediately deleted with all of their stuff.
Then it goes back to sleep again.

Muahaha

Meiva
07-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Sleeper wakes up and every character in the zone is immediately deleted with all of their stuff.
Then it goes back to sleep again.

Muahaha

I like. Instead, Quellious appears after Kerafyrm's awakening. She resets the timeline and the server is reset back to classic. Everyone must re-roll. :D