PDA

View Full Version : Just starting in project 1999 as a shaman

Bantam 1
07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Any tips on how to start bringing in funds as I level up? Any low level gear quests around?

After much deliberation I went with a troll (purple eye look).

Sarius
07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Make your way to EC, lots of players like to buff and give out trash gear to new players. Collect bone chips, spider silks, and pelts and sell them to tradeskillets in the tunnel.

Norathorr
07-16-2013, 09:38 PM
I found also that once you make say your first 100pp buying and selling things in EC Tunnel help you get on your feet. If you learn the market well you can make quite a bit quickly to get some of the more basic gear to get on your feet. Can get banded look out for cheap bloodstained tunics and nightshade wreaths etc. Buying and selling them a few times gets the reserves up!

Bantam 1
07-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Right now I'm level 3 trying to build up funds for spells then I'll head out.

Sarius
07-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Level 4 sucks, but once you get those 5 spells you're in the clear. Just remember that you do not have to buy every single spell, just the necessary ones. The trek to EC will be perilous, but worth the reward!

falkun
07-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Don't go to EC when UGuk is RIGHT there. EC is ONLY this "glorious" place because you can beg for buffs like a vagabond. Uguk is fantastic, and I've heard the low-level frogs drop good plat (or items vendored for plat). After starting my first DE character, I'm never doing EC again. Qeynos for Blackburrow or Faydwer for me, so much better since I'm not reliant on begging for handouts to level and earn coin for spells.

xcyberpeenixx
07-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Don't go to EC when UGuk is RIGHT there. EC is ONLY this "glorious" place because you can beg for buffs like a vagabond. Uguk is fantastic, and I've heard the low-level frogs drop good plat (or items vendored for plat). After starting my first DE character, I'm never doing EC again. Qeynos for Blackburrow or Faydwer for me, so much better since I'm not reliant on begging for handouts to level and earn coin for spells.

OR, you could go to EC and NOT beg for stuff ;)

As a fellow new player, EC has been great because you learn the cost of gear, you learn what gear you will want to achieve later on and what to save up for. You also have the ability to actually sell drops you get from dungeons for much more than just vendoring it.

Take the advice of selling bonechips and pelts and such. Thats how I made my first beginning plat, with that I leveled blacksmithing and now sell banded armor for a profit. My brother is an iksar owning it up in the Field of Bone, and yes hes making decent $ but the fact that I can sell to players has earned me 20x what he has and I've learned a LOT about p99 by simply being in EC listening in and asking questions.

The major con to EC is the zone is boring as shit and unless you get an orc camp group.......well lets just say I hope you like killing fucking snakes getting poisoned all day.:cool:

Bantam 1
07-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Well I had a rough time last night due to the DDOS stuff. The frogs do drop a good amount of coin; it seems like that I've made about 8-10 plat by lvl 5.

I guess it comes down to:

A) Go to EC and hope kind souls give me buffs / newbie gear

or

B) Fight frogs and eventually make enough to buy the newbie gear myself.

The thing that's making B rough at the moment is that the DDOS is making it turn into watch Ourro die over and over.

Uguk will be pretty nice once some of the entrance frogs turn blue instead of yellow/red.

trukk
07-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Well I had a rough time last night due to the DDOS stuff. The frogs do drop a good amount of coin; it seems like that I've made about 8-10 plat by lvl 5.

I guess it comes down to:

A) Go to EC and hope kind souls give me buffs / newbie gear

or

B) Fight frogs and eventually make enough to buy the newbie gear myself.

The thing that's making B rough at the moment is that the DDOS is making it turn into watch Ourro die over and over.

Uguk will be pretty nice once some of the entrance frogs turn blue instead of yellow/red.

I just started on Saturday.

Made level 9 on Monday, fighting frogs in the swamp. Made enough on loot from rich frogies to get all my spells, and 3 of my level 14 spells, by some food, backpacks, etc. Also looted a full set of netted with a few woven mixed in from frog guards at Guk. Used a cracked staff till I could buy just a plain regular staff.

Don't forget to put a point into Meditate once you hit level 8 (I forgot and didn't do it until level 11...DOH!)

The swamp is a great place to get to level 9.

-Chris

Lojik
07-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Go somewhere where you can group/ meet new people. Friends> any loot you can get in this game. Will be more than happy to port you somewhere if you see me on. Also join a leveling guild.

trukk
07-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Go somewhere where you can group/ meet new people. Friends> any loot you can get in this game. Will be more than happy to port you somewhere if you see me on. Also join a leveling guild.

I waited to get SoW before venturing out...makes things a lot safer.

Now hunting in S/N Ro and Oasis & having a blast.

-Chris

Waedawen
07-19-2013, 05:02 AM
For what it's worth, EC has probably dropped significantly in value with the new buff nerfs.

I have a 60 Druid and I have no plans to re-buy the long deleted Chloroplast and Skin like Nature.

Bantam 1
07-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Ah that might be why no one wanted to buff my pathetic naked brown body.

xCry0x
07-23-2013, 03:14 PM
For what it's worth, EC has probably dropped significantly in value with the new buff nerfs.

I have a 60 Druid and I have no plans to re-buy the long deleted Chloroplast and Skin like Nature.

Group buffs still work..