PDA

View Full Version : Sharing is Caring: Dragon Sharing Thought...

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 11:53 AM
*disclaimer*
This might be stupid, already asked, not possible, whatever.

Historically the ideas I have always seen for sharing raid targets has either been server rotation or remove variance.

TMO gets flack for getting all the targets and are accused at farming mobs they allegedly do not need.

TMO counters with statements such as new members needing things or other comments with the subtext of wanting to block other guilds (FE etc) from 'catching' up.

Well how about a more simple less extreme version of rotation/sharing called "TMO Cares" where once a week TMO makes a random target 'Available' for others for a given time period.

AKA
Thread Title: "This week's TMO Cares: Cazic Thule"
Thread Content: "Cazic is set to respawn on Tuesday +- 48 hrs. TMO will wait (30 mins? 1 hr?) to engage upon spawn on CT this week. "

If other guilds want to track they can, if nobody bothers tracking it is not TMO's job to let them know he spawns. They just see him pop, start a timer and move on him after that timer elapses.

I think the patch days show that other guilds have the ability to mobilize on short notice, the major difference is that TMO can mobilize quicker, buff quicker, engage quicker. Something like this would let the other guilds have a guaranteed shot at a target (once a week?) and if they want to put their money where their mouth is they are more than welcome to rotate among themselves like they always say they want to.

Hell, you guys could even claim loot rights for shit like trak teeth for all I care (if it is a concern?) since I doubt any of the other (non ib/fe?) guilds have plans to actually get a force into VP any time pre velious.

Volibear
07-16-2013, 11:55 AM
TMO had the endangered dragon program and a bunch of trolls spit on their face

lecompte
07-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Maybe send a PM to TMO officers to get them in here? And fortify your defenses, the trolls are rallying for the assault.

Nirgon
07-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Too many people got mad at the thought of being handed something.

Personally, I'm going to start a guild here and get mad when a guild that has been top seat for years on a Kunark timeline gets more raid kills than me. I'll also be sure to chronicle every victory in RNF and incite them to focusing their efforts on monitoring and beating us.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 12:10 PM

this

Clark
07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Too many people got mad at the thought of being handed something.

Personally, I'm going to start a guild here and get mad when a guild that has been top seat for years on a Kunark timeline gets more raid kills than me. I'll also be sure to chronicle every victory in RNF and incite them to focusing their efforts on monitoring and beating us.

Lol

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM

In all honesty I only could see this working in a world where there is TMO #1, and then a void of #2.

I do not know if IB/FE (whatever they are doing) is competing for FTE but in the absence of a FE competing force it seems the other guilds are all in the same boat (divinity, taken, full circle, BDA, rapture, a-team, etc) of not wanting to camp raid forces but at the same time being able to mobilize and move given a reasonable window.

If IB/FE is competing for FTE, then yea this wont work because there is no real way to handle who (tmo or fe/ib) gets the mob should the other guilds fail to engage soon enough.

Meiva
07-16-2013, 12:22 PM
I don't feel TMO, or any guild for that matter, is the problem. People come and go from this server. As a TMO member retires, a possibly crucial position opens in the guild. This position may be filled by someone with much lesser gear than those at the top. TMO gears them to be prepared to end-game raid.

The server has been a bit stagnant. Even the most elite TMO players I imagine are feeling worn-out. People come and go. TMO is an end-game raid guild that requires end-game raid geared players.

Verenity
07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Last time TMO did this, everyone hated on them/trolled them for it, and BDA got almost all of them. Both of these things made TMO not want to do it anymore, and they stopped. I for one had fun killing them and at least appreciated the attempt

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I wasn't here last time this happened so I don't know any of the details as to why it backfired so bad so I am not going to sit and make assumptions, it just seems like now could be an opportunity to put something like this in place again.

heartbrand
07-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Pretty much the answer to all of this is play red tbh. I know that sounds trolly but its the truth.

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Pretty much the answer to all of this is play red tbh. I know that sounds trolly but its the truth.

As if the same people would not just bitch and moan about getting griefed while trying to engage :rolleyes:

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM
I wasn't here last time this happened so I don't know any of the details as to why it backfired so bad so I am not going to sit and make assumptions, it just seems like now could be an opportunity to put something like this in place again.

Search for threads titles Endangered Species

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Search for threads titles Endangered Species

Thanks

heartbrand
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
As if the same people would not just bitch and moan about getting griefed while trying to engage :rolleyes:

True, but at least then everything is within your power. You don't like guild a getting all the mobs? Form a guild and take it from them by force. Here you really have no option others than be lucky enough to get FTE after poop socking. But yes, some people vehemently loathe pvp and that's cool too. I just find it interesting that people have been complaining for so long about TMO without seeing red as a legitimate alternative, particularly the other raiding guilds here.

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 01:56 PM
I read through some of them and it looks like, as you said, you guys were doing just this.

It also looks like the whole thing only lasted 3 weeks and blew up when TMO & Taken teamed up to kill talendor to block VD from a kill? (don't really care a lot about the details either way)

Aside from that the 3 threads were basically 200+ posts of rambling, a couple of trolls but generally taken, BDA & divinity being active in attempts then as of the last post getting butt hurt when TMO helped on a kill.

Seems like a lot of bitching was around variance and having to track mobs, which at this point is a dead horse that has been beaten into the ground.

The program gave people the option to track & have a chance to engage, if people were not happy with that then you got to just ignore them... there are always people that want the world handed to them.

-edit-

Either way, good on you guys, it looks like you tried and it was semi-successful.

If you would want to give it another shot that would be cool, otherwise oh well =P

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 02:02 PM
I read through some of them and it looks like, as you said, you guys were doing just this.

It also looks like the whole thing only lasted 3 weeks and blew up when TMO & Taken teamed up to kill talendor to block VD from a kill? (don't really care a lot about the details either way)

Aside from that the 3 threads were basically 200+ posts of rambling, a couple of trolls but generally taken, BDA & divinity being active in attempts then as of the last post getting butt hurt when TMO helped on a kill.

Seems like a lot of bitching was around variance and having to track mobs, which at this point is a dead horse that has been beaten into the ground.

The program gave people the option to track & have a chance to engage, if people were not happy with that then you got to just ignore them... there are always people that want the world handed to them.

Lasted quite a bit longer than 3 weeks

lecompte
07-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Either way, good on you guys, it looks like you tried and it was semi-successful.

If you would want to give it another shot that would be cool, otherwise oh well =P

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Lasted quite a bit longer than 3 weeks

I just went off the search results for endangered species, there was one post for gore, sev, tal and all happened in april 2012.

Either way, that was a over a year ago so maybe another round could be discussed?

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 02:10 PM
I just went off the search results for endangered species, there was one post for gore, sev, tal and all happened in april 2012.

Either way, that was a over a year ago so maybe another round could be discussed?

I would be more than happy to, but the last round left a very bitter taste in TMO's collective mouth. Also, we would need to work something out with other guilds. As the whole point would be to allow casual guilds raid targets (BDA, Rapture, Taken, Divinity, ETC>>>>).

Tiggles
07-16-2013, 02:17 PM

-edit-

I ran the endangered species program for TMO it was the last attempt TMO had made to make some sort of piece with the server. People hated IB when they where on top and now people hate TMO for the same reasons.

We tried to do things differently then IB, we tried to offer raid mobs up, we tried to open dialogue with other guilds and we got spit on instead so we stopped trying.

The main issue we always had with giving up mobs has always been there has always been a guild that HATED us or we HATED them. For example VD/BDA/IB combination guilds instead wanting to be a raiding guild they wanted to "Kill" TMO they did not want to happy with being in the raid scene they wanted TO BE the raid scene like TMO is now.

This all or nothing approach is why they failed and it is the same approach FE took, they hated TMO and they are circling the drain at the moment as well. So when TMO looks at this group of organized people whose main motivation isn't slaying dragons for fun/loot it is slaying TMO and the destroy our guild so they can be no1 we feel less charitable.

The fact is if we brought back the endangered dragon program today the majority of the mobs would go to FE this would gear up FE members and bolster recruitment then FE would go back its old ways of Training us in VP FTE sniping mobs and generally making the raid scene shitty for TMO again.

It's really just a core of members from old IB on this server that float around and "infect" a guild with anti TMO sentiment BDA got hit VD got hit FE got hit and when those guilds start to have a hard time keeping up they ghost or jump ship.

I'm rambling but basically, we tried people hated us for "giving" them mobs we stopped people hate us for monopolizing mobs.

I stopped caring what other guilds think of TMO anymore.

TMO is my family in this game thats all i care about.

Wudan
07-16-2013, 02:33 PM
We tried to do things differently then IB, we tried to offer raid mobs up, we tried to open dialogue with other guilds and we got spit on instead so we stopped trying.

Maybe instead of giving mobs away, you could start with no leapfroggin other guilds like you did during last server repop. You are tying to portrey tmo as some kind of noble club that actualy tried to do good, open dialogue with other guilds as you put it and got spit in the face by the evil guilds that hate you. Everybody knows it BS. Im member of one of the smaller guilds and i have experienced it many times....we set up in fear or hate only to get leapfroged by your zerg force. Sometimes you train as a bonus. Get your head out of your ass please and stop being so subjectvie.

TMO is my family in this game thats all i care about

I think you are sick in your head and it makes your view very biased and not reflecting the reality

Kelven
07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I remember the endangered dragon program.

It was a nice gesture to the casual guilds on the server, but blew up when 6-8 or so TMO members helped Taken with one of the kills. Pretty sure the dragon, ( was it gore? ) had already been up for a few hours, before some TMO members decided to help with the kill.

I say TMO members, and not simply TMO, because I doubt it was a guild decision to specifically help Taken kill the dragon. Rather a few members who were observing and decided to help, or were asked to help, after Taken had already wiped 1-2x attempting the kill.

If the server could chill out, and stop making everything a conspiracy theory, perhaps it would be a fun program to start up again.

Aata
07-16-2013, 02:39 PM

It was a nice gesture to the casual guilds on the server, but blew up when 6-8 or so TMO members helped Taken with one of the kills. Pretty sure the dragon, ( was it gore? ) had already been up for a few hours, before some TMO members decided to help with the kill.

I say TMO members, and not simply TMO, because I doubt it was a guild decision to specifically help Taken kill the dragon. Rather a few members who were observing and decided to help, or were asked to help, after Taken had already wiped 1-2x attempting the kill.

If the server could chill out, and stop making everything a conspiracy theory, perhaps it would be a fun program to start up again.

It was Tal, and the situation was that TMO started this for the more casual guilds, it was blown up by the fact VD at the time one of the more hardcore guilds zoned into SF to prep for Tal, that's when TMO got involved, because in their eyes VD's action had made the Endangered Species program void.

Kelven
07-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Ah, well i'm completely wrong on what I thought happened then. Too many Rnf's to keep track of it all

Tiggles
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Maybe instead of giving mobs away, you could start with no leapfroggin other guilds like you did during last server repop. You are tying to portrey tmo as some kind of noble club that actualy tried to do good, open dialogue with other guilds as you put it and got spit in the face by the evil guilds that hate you. Everybody knows it BS. Im member of one of the smaller guilds and i have experienced it many times....we set up in fear or hate only to get leapfroged by your zerg force. Sometimes you train as a bonus. Get your head out of your ass please and stop being so subjectvie.

I think you are sick in your head and it makes your view very biased and not reflecting the reality

TMO got FTE on the last non repop inny but we disengaged and let Divinity killed it and keep the loot because we trained the zone by accident.

If we really hated every guild we would of petitioned like every guild does to us and had the loot removed.

And before any member of Divinity comes in to say that is false we have GM logs showing olidean had FTE.

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 02:46 PM
I ran the endangered species program for TMO it was the last attempt TMO had made to make some sort of piece with the server.

snip

For the sake of this thread snowballing out of control with rants & trolling & he said she said blah blah blah

If you guys are willing to consider this again, I would like to take it "offline" between you (tiggles) and officers of other guilds.

If you guys still have a bad taste in your mouth that is fine too, no harm no foul.

kotton05
07-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Lol omg making the raid scene shitty for TMO again. Tiggles you're smoking crack. You're making wide assumptions...what a joke

You leapfrog anyone. While in FE you guys yelled in our wake up channels, gated/killed our tracker accounts. Along with all sorts of various shady activities with the pinnacle being you pinging on our raid after you guys wiped with 40. Oh I won't mention what was happening in sky when you was contacted by FC to not take KoS .... How long did that take for you to actually be nice ohhhhh

:-/

Your endangered list is wack btw if anything it's up to the guilds themselves to forge this not TMO to make it happen.

Tiggles
07-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Lol omg making the raid scene shitty for TMO again. Tiggles you're smoking crack. You're making wide assumptions...what a joke

You leapfrog anyone. While in FE you guys yelled in our wake up channels, gated/killed our tracker accounts. Along with all sorts of various shady activities with the pinnacle being you pinging on our raid after you guys wiped with 40. Oh I won't mention what was happening in sky when you was contacted by FC to not take KoS .... How long did that take for you to actually be nice ohhhhh

Your endangered list is wack btw if anything it's up to the guilds themselves to forge this not TMO to make it happen.

I am currently discussing this thread on my channel you are feel free to join.

Also no one in TMO yelled in your wake up or gated/moved your trackers this was known to be old members of your guild same people who posted RL pics that you guys LOVED to blame on TMO.

Get a clue merkk

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
I am currently discussing this thread on my channel you are feel free to join.

I'm at work so while I can troll forum all day I can't (shouldn't) sit in a twitch stream =P

Kope
07-16-2013, 02:58 PM
TMO got FTE on the last non repop inny but we disengaged and let Divinity killed it and keep the loot because we trained the zone by accident.

If we really hated every guild we would of petitioned like every guild does to us and had the loot removed.

And before any member of Divinity comes in to say that is false we have GM logs showing olidean had FTE.

To be honest I wasn't there Tiggles, but I did hear about the kill from a few people and if this is true really, thank you. This kill was quite huge for Divinity and a lot of people were empowered getting this kill.

People were frustrated because of the train but you guys backing off was awesome.

I wish more engagements could be amicable such as this.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 02:59 PM

Before the Taken thing. TMO members also helped BDA dps gore.... and gave out resist gear to both BDA and Divinity for their attempts....

Why wasn't this drama?

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 03:00 PM

Here is your answer OP.... Idiots and crazy fucks like this.

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 03:06 PM

Like I said, now that I see you guys have already done something like this I will just reach out to you guys off the forums.. all the hardcore trolling is pointless.

kotton05
07-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Here is your answer OP.... Idiots and crazy fucks like this.

What I said isn't that far fetched and notice at the end I make a rational suggestion to anyone trying to raid...

I think you're self projecting alarti

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 03:21 PM
I think

Here is where you fucked up

lecompte
07-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Lots of bad blood surfacing here. I think this threads topic is resolved as far as OP is concerned and will be continued through other mediums. At this point it may/has drifted towards RnF and can, you know.. stay in RnF.

I live in sunny happy ville where we are all pals and this is ruining my vibe.

kotton05
07-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Here is where you fucked up

I love you

Joroz
07-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Thread Title: "This week's TMO Cares: Cazic Thule"

This was one guild attacking another using the server population by taking a contested mob and telling the rest of server they get the next one while at the same time telling their biggest competition they cannot touch it.

It wasn't anything like "hey we normally kill this mob every time it pops and now are going to let the next one slide to whoever wants to get it".

FenninEQaddict
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Easy fix random patches or fake patches. If the server randomly resets then sooner or later people get raid targets. That is one issue im noticing on this server is how far between the patches and server resets are. It really doesnt seem benifical to wait until the server is crashing on its own to restart it.

As to the gift a dragon conversation in this thread. Really want it work for it. If you dont feel you can beat TMO on a raid mob work it out between leadership of your guild and TMOs leadership.(Tiggles? hard to believe reading the forums but I guess its possible) Make arrangements where they wont engage and will give you 1 or 2 chances to attempt the target before its called a lost cause and TMO steps in to finish it or assists you to kill it if thats the agreement. Or if you just want to experience a kill work it out to where some of your members go with some of TMOs and you both kill the mob then split the loot in some way.

Edit:If you decide to work it out and they charge you dont come crying here that they charge too much. The seller sets the price but the buyer is responsible to buy or not buy. Dont be that guy who spends the pp then cries that it was too much.

kotton05
07-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Both ideas fennin said are super viable and elaborated on what I touched on at the end of my first post a page back.

Communication 1 on 1 will get more done too. Guild a asks for a Draco. TMO let's a Draco window kinda slide and there is always one that spawns with ct. Guild a gets a taste per say. I'm sure if you plead/pay enough you'll get a kill if you negotiate with the right folks. With high incentive from the TMO to join them instead and not pay;)

Communication first ingredient to any relationship.