PDA

View Full Version : Fed up

Hawala
07-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I usually hate when people write these posts, but as many of my fellow Norrathians can appreciate things have changed drastically in the past several weeks.

The server has drastically outgrown itself by this point; we are several years into Kunark. This in and of itself is not a problem, but as it has been revealed recently many people and guilds have used exploits to amass fortunes, and potentially sell them for real money.

Not only this, but there have been several high-profile cases of people showing exploits to the whole server, drastically polarizing the population. One in particular, Zipzop, threw a tantrum after he didn't get what he wanted, and lied about his intentions to everybody.

Now, we are stuck with somebody constantly DDoSing P99. I've died more times than I care to admit, and right before I decided to write this post I saw seven people respawn outside of Mistmoore, and someone trying to zone in got killed by bandits.

I have spent at least four months of real time played on this server since 2010 when I found out about it, and it has become a big part of my life. It really pains me to say this, but it's becoming more hassle than it's worth to stick it out.

It doesn't seem like anybody cares though, we just say something like "LOL it's getting DDoSed those silly gooses!" then continue to group, get killed and then petition for rezzes, that never come.

Sarius
07-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Perhaps you should take a brief vacation of 1-2 weeks and watch the forums for signs of the DDoS attacks ending.

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Figure out how to stop the ddos attacks without spending a fortune on hardware, save p99 and become famous.

Naerron
07-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Or take a bong rip and a few deep breaths. Live servers had populations of 3kish and people were happy full grouping on a few spawns. Loot is wayyyy easier to attain here than on live. The ammount of loot/epics per capita here is actually insane compared to live. Also the "customer" service here is way better than anything I saw on live. So just take a break get some perspective and then come back if it feels right. If you decide to not come
back... Can I have your stuff?

MaximiusM
07-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Figure out how to stop the ddos attacks without spending a fortune on hardware, save p99 and become famous.

dyndns... i bet someone who plays works there and can hook it up...

gortimer
07-15-2013, 10:20 PM
I don't really feel like the Hacking thing really affects that much of the population. Sure, some items are trivialized. There is most likely a massive influx of items and inflation is really driven up, but the way i see it, when in RL, inflation means your paycheck is smaller, in EQ, inflation means that item your camping is worth more plat. I have farmed for pure platinum for a while, and its still not that bad of a pay off in the end. If you don't RMT then there is really no change to the game for you. Sure, velious is overdue. But in the end, the way i feel is that expansions on live came out too quickly, i was always way far behind because i'm a casual player. The way p99 works is i get to experience end game whereas on live, i was lvl 30 when kunark came out (gogo tallon zek time sink(pvp)). now i'm lvl 60, and i get to see what its like to be max lvl in kunark. I cant wait for velious to come out, but i haven't hardly even touched sebilis, not to mention most other high end content, i still hang around old school EQ far too often.

EchoedTruth
07-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Or take a bong rip and a few deep breaths. Live servers had populations of 3kish and people were happy full grouping on a few spawns. Loot is wayyyy easier to attain here than on live. The ammount of loot/epics per capita here is actually insane compared to live. Also the "customer" service here is way better than anything I saw on live. So just take a break get some perspective and then come back if it feels right. If you decide to not come

this!

Stinkum
07-15-2013, 10:57 PM
I have spent at least four months of real time played on this server since 2010

http://i.imgur.com/b3IvEzm.png

Clark
07-16-2013, 12:58 AM

myriverse
07-16-2013, 07:24 AM
I usually hate when people write these posts, but as many of my fellow Norrathians can appreciate things have changed drastically in the past several weeks.
I'm still a virtual newbie here, but I gather these sorts of things really aren't that new. I'm reading a post on another website, dated 2009, that's quoting Rogean: "The person that was DDoS'ing the Project 1999 Server decided to DDoS the Loginserver as well, and the data center has terminated the contract."

The more things change...

It doesn't seem like anybody cares though, we just say something like "LOL it's getting DDoSed those silly gooses!" then continue to group, get killed and then petition for rezzes, that never come.
It's not that no one cares. Those that can potentially do something about it care (I trust and hope), but the rest of us have little choice in the matter, if we want to continue to have fun.

The only thing I can do about it is continue to have fun, and the idiot will eventually get bored and go away. "If I change my life, the terrorist wins" sort of thing.