PDA

View Full Version : Given Props

braincorpse
07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Pexar - PROPS, and thank you again!

So, I just started on P1999 about a day ago. I don't really know anyone and starting from the ground up is ruff. I bumped into a player named Pexar and asked if he could make some bags with my HQ bear pelts I had. After chatting with him about some old EQ and EQ2 lore, he not only made me the bags but also made a full set of banded armor along with buying me a great starting weapon from EC.

This might not sound like much to anyone that had a great hook up when starting, but as someone new to P1999 and the server. I thought it was kick ass that an Epic SHM that probably makes over 50k in trades a day could make time to help out a level 5 newb.

Anyhow I offered Pexar the little plat I had but he refused so this is my way of given him some props. I can tell this is going to be a nice community of players!

lecompte
07-15-2013, 02:21 PM
wtg Pexar.

PS: I dun think he is making even 10k a day in trades. heh.

Sirken
07-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Brain - way back in late 2010 when i found this server, some wonderful elf graced my lvl 4 character with a FBR - granted it wasnt much, but that alone was the reason i never quit.. i was to sexy to walk away, plus i didnt want to waste that elf's gift by never logging back in.

oh and welcome to Project1999!

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 02:39 PM
That's your best story, really.

At least I know you lurk deeper as a GM.

lecompte
07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Brain - way back in late 2010 when i found this server, some wonderful elf graced my lvl 4 character with a FBR - granted it wasnt much, but that alone was the reason i never quit.. i was to sexy to walk away, plus i didnt want to waste that elf's gift by never logging back in.

oh and welcome to Project1999!

Same, except it was 2012 and a Lupine Dagger :) Thanks Internode.

Numbers_
07-15-2013, 04:21 PM

Weird, someone gave me a FBR also in Nek forest like a year or two ago. I wrote the name down, but lost the paper.

Maybe I ought to do the same thing myself sometime...

A 50pp weapon can also be a huge help also for new characters.

Dalven
07-15-2013, 05:31 PM
A similar story is what hooked me on the server on my first day - was killing skellies near newbie lift in Kelethin when a bard called Winiden(sp?) rocked up to me and handed me a full set of banded and 10pp for songs.

Welcome to the server Braincorpse!

fouts85
07-15-2013, 07:04 PM
/blush it's np really , and was trading money to a friend needing transfers of plat to his/her bank alts