PDA

View Full Version : My account got hacked.

Circa.
07-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Took many months off because of real life situations, only to find that someone has hacked my account, if anyone has seen a dark elf female wizard by the name of Circa Survive running around in game let me know. I want this scumbag brought to justice.

Ty for your time.

Flamewraith
07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
I have seen a circa running around seafury island lately. This was about a week ago.

khanable
07-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Saw Circa on Tiggles stream, actually. Just a few days ago. At seafury island. I was all like, oh hey, it's Circa!

Last interaction I had with you was when you ported me to DL and got mad that I gave you plat =p

Was this you or the imposter dildo?!

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Hacked? Or did you share your password with someone... who passed it on, who passed it on, who changed info?

People need to sort their passwords out, stop using abc123 for everything you ever do on the internets :p

Stinkum
07-15-2013, 01:37 PM
People need to sort their passwords out, stop using abc123 for everything you ever do on the internets :p

It's not a matter of people "guessing" your password. Even if someone can guess a simple password, they don't know what your account NAME is. People should remember that 99% of your security is their account name, so don't make it the same as your character name.

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
It's not a matter of people "guessing" your password. Even if someone can guess a simple password, they don't know what your account NAME is. People should remember that 99% of your security is their account name, so don't make it the same as your character name.

Agreed, partially. But making your EQemu account password the same as your login password...that's where a lot of people fall down.

Then lend the account out to someone they shouldn't? A whole pandora's box opens.

Not saying that's the case in this case, but with a good quality tin foil hat you're unlikely to be "hacked" here.

FenninEQaddict
07-15-2013, 01:49 PM
I made my password LRLRUDUDBAStart Dont think anyone will ever figure it out.

I think your right about the live stream is that the wizard that someone else was talking about got 2 clops on them and had to gate?

zanderklocke
07-15-2013, 02:34 PM
That's funny. I did raptors with Circa Survive and accidentally got her killed right before I hit level 60.

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
I believe the loop hole is through EQEmu.

I'm aware of 2 instances of hacked accounts.

One of which I personally verified when contacted as a credible witness.

Stinkum
07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Agreed, partially. But making your EQemu account password the same as your login password...that's where a lot of people fall down.

Then lend the account out to someone they shouldn't? A whole pandora's box opens.

Not saying that's the case in this case, but with a good quality tin foil hat you're unlikely to be "hacked" here.

Hit the nail on the head.

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
I do know of 2 straight hacks. For sure. Both got nailed on their EQEmu first.

shwally
07-15-2013, 06:23 PM
I know he must have given someone the EQ EMU account info because I purchased the account from a guy in Forceful Entry about 4-5 months back for like 75k or so? I am going to go through my logs when I get home to find out who it was. I no longer have the account though.

Turp_SmokinPurp
07-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I know he must have given someone the EQ EMU account info because I purchased the account from a guy in Forceful Entry about 4-5 months back for like 75k or so? I am going to go through my logs when I get home to find out who it was. I no longer have the account though.
Damn. Looks whored out.

Awwalike
07-15-2013, 07:22 PM
stop sharing infoz
stop DLing keylog

Resken
07-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Circa Survive? Great band.

Circa.
07-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Bump for justice, I seriously would love to get to the bottom of this.

Circa.
07-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I would at the very least like to know who it is, thank you for all your PM's its helping