PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Buying from Platlord

Pages : [1] 2

Ephi
07-15-2013, 11:36 AM
It should come as no surprise at this point that buying items or platinum from Platlord using real-life funds is a bad idea.

Platlord takes no care in your account safety or security during an RMT trade. We know who he is. We know when he logs in. We know when he performs a trade. We know who he performs the trade with.

TL;DR version: Stop buying from him, or you'll be banned just like the 20+ accounts I banned.

Oh, and stop buying from others while you're at it, too. Just play the game and earn your stuff.

lecompte
07-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Just play the game and earn your stuff.

Embrace the challenge. And roll a ranger if you want to play on Extra Hard Mode.

a_gnoll_pup
07-15-2013, 11:37 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scenery/pojustice-tribunal.jpg

Barkingturtle
07-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Sticky thread, imo.

Treefall
07-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Embrace the challenge. And roll a ranger if you want to play on Extra expensive Mode.

Aaron
07-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Where is Platlord accumulating all this gear and plat from?

khanable
07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
if you know who he is, and when he logs on, why not just make a script that auto-kicks and bans?

enr4ged
07-15-2013, 12:05 PM
if you know who he is, and when he logs on, why not just make a script that auto-kicks and bans?

Got to love this mentality.

"We know who platlord is, don't buy from him. We're not going to ban him right away, but don't buy from him guys!"

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 12:12 PM
There is no way Platlord is working alone. Think about it. It's not hard to join the dots on this. The only thing a genuine purge would require is hard evidence - hence the watching, because there is no way they will be able to resist trying to salvage some of the plat and gear even though they know the mules are being watched. The beauty of dishonesty and greed is you can rely upon it.

Descent
07-15-2013, 12:16 PM
I am starting to wonder if the Average player base of Project99 is 1k players, are 500 players actual players, and the other 500 platlords farming army?

Tecmos Deception
07-15-2013, 12:17 PM

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hawala
07-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Got to love this mentality.

"We know who platlord is, don't buy from him. We're not going to ban him right away, but don't buy from him guys!"

Because they want to trick/tempt you into buying his gear, so they can ban YOU instead. I am so sick of what this server has become, please just ban the fuck and all his god damn minions.

Raavak
07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
He most likely has the ability to change his IP address and probably has tons of mule characters. So IP banning is probably out. Banning all his chars is probably too time consuming so they just watch for them and track them.

Rhambuk
07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Cheers ephi i'm glad you took the time to warn these fools. I can only imagine rmt is on the rise after the whole systolic post and people assuming the staff arent paying attention/don't care/are involved with rmt.

and no banning him wouldn't solve the issue the people that want to buy items with rmt are going to if its through him or not, better to get rid of all the people SUPPORTING rmt and the people doing rmt will fade away when its no longer profitable. my 2 cents...worth about .5 a cent these days.

akahdrin
07-15-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm happy with platlord being around and having them just ban all the people buying it. Not only do bads get removed from the game, but they lose money at the same time. Win/win. If people are dumb enough to waste their money on platlord, then they should know that they're just donating money to him and they'll be losing everything they spent. So yea, I'd say keep him around just so you can keep banning the farmers ;) Too many good raids/camps are wasted by these farmers.

Also do us a favor and trash that whole lore item on corpse shit. You want to make it less farmable, make sure the same 2 people can't farm 10 fungis at a time.

It is a shame though that no longer droppable items are just being purged from the server. Would be nice if the GM's could find a way to get those back into circulation through GM events so they're not permanently lost due to stupidity. I'm not sure if GM's can create items, but they could add NO DROP to the items and I'd be happy. Just want to see them around.

Ephi
07-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Because they want to trick/tempt you into buying his gear, so they can ban YOU instead. I am so sick of what this server has become, please just ban the fuck and all his god damn minions.

If it were that easy to script/ban, it would be done already. I'm learning new things every day about this ass though. So, it's only a matter of time before I figure out what's going on.

More to come in Tuesday night's interview session with Tiggles twitch.tv stream. Tune in.

Raavak
07-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I can only imagine rmt is on the rise after the whole systolic post and people assuming the staff arent paying attention/don't care/are involved with rmt.I couldn't follow the whole thing (way too many posts), but from what Tiggles was saying in Vent is sounds like everyone has confirmed systolic is full of 5h1+.

More to come in Tuesday night's interview session with Tiggles twitch.tv stream. Tune in. Cheers!

Lopretni
07-15-2013, 12:49 PM
I couldn't follow the whole thing (way too many posts), but from what Tiggles was saying in Vent is sounds like everyone has confirmed systolic is full of 5h1+.

Is anyone really surprised? Just fishing from attention from the start, and he got it. You guys seem pretty easy to string along.

Descent
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
I Hurd systolic is platlord

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 12:52 PM
There's always going to be people who are willing to spend their money on games, and there's always going to be someone who's willing to sit at their computer all day to earn money. It will never stop.

Raavak
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Is anyone really surprised? Just fishing from attention from the start, and he got it. You guys seem pretty easy to string along.I didn't catch the whole conversation but supposedly his big cheat was MacroQuest. Which everyone (except systolic?) knew was detectable.

Vaildez
07-15-2013, 12:54 PM
There's always going to be people who are willing to spend their money on games, and there's always going to be someone who's willing to sit at their computer all day to earn money. It will never stop.

Sure but this is an emulated server with a max population of 1k it seems. It's not like there is a continuous pool of players coming in to keep buying more plat.

Rhambuk
07-15-2013, 12:55 PM
I didn't catch the whole conversation but supposedly his big cheat was MacroQuest. Which everyone (except systolic?) knew was detectable.

yes he made a huge scene on the forums with lots of claims, and it was known 3rd party software which he was banned for previously, i think who can follow that nonsense.

he still claims to have all this information and is using the interview afterwards to continue stringing us along. "After everyone left ro said this sirken said this"

cant believe anything the guy says....

Lopretni
07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
I didn't catch the whole conversation but supposedly his big cheat was MacroQuest. Which everyone (except systolic?) knew was detectable.

I watched the whole interview, he's butthurt over the account he bought getting flagged for hacks and somehow that means all the GMs are corrupt... so he can't just post the information on the forums or something.

He just wants attention and he's looking to blackmail whoever however, profit from the ring before it collapsed. Ro mentioned someone else has come forth with similar offers in regards to this situation, so my guess is people in the exploit ring aren't happy about something and the whole thing is about to get blown to shit. Really, all we have to do is sit back and grab some popcorn at this point.

He never has any verifiable evidence, or refuses to show it for obtuse and frankly obviously bullshit reasons. So, even if he actually knows anything (which I doubt) it doesn't matter, he won't give it up without blackmailing someone, somehow. He's a rat standing on two legs, best to recognize that before you judge the merit of what he says.

Abbot
07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
I heard platlord was a way this server made money without stepping on SOEs toes so bluntly. After how longs he has been in operation it seems more and more likely it is an "inside" job.

falkun
07-15-2013, 12:59 PM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id10341.png

FTFY

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Sure but this is an emulated server with a max population of 1k it seems. It's not like there is a continuous pool of players coming in to keep buying more plat.

This is the bit I don't get. Everything else makes sense.

Lopretni
07-15-2013, 01:02 PM
This is the bit I don't get. Everything else makes sense.

Especially given the complaints that P1999 lacks any kind of currency sink. Is the Russian mafia using the server to launder money?

Rhambuk
07-15-2013, 01:11 PM
What hippo took a crap in your wheaties this morning? And pretty sure i saw Sonaa in EC tunnel over the weekend or did you RMT her too? :)

I can't believe there are people that don't have nocturne on ignore, he just spews crap and tries to get peopled riled up. It's all he does....

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Lets be honest, you wouldn't namedrop Platlord in the title unless you wanted to advertise his site. Better to have just mentioned RMT transactions being bannable and not Platlord I reckon.

Sad that so many people resort to using real cash to buy pixels. One day they might roll another server and all your "investments" will be either gone or useless. Get some perspective.

Lyra
07-15-2013, 01:14 PM
It's not like there is a continuous pool of players coming in to keep buying more plat.

This is a misconception. There IS a huge continuous pool of players coming in and going out.

There were 450,000 players during peak. I'm sure there are plenty that have not discovered the server and are still yet to "relive the experience". This time with cash.

I started 6 months ago. I am very social. I've become "friends" with a lot of people in that time. From my first days, Dokt (Leader - of what is left of Blackout) and I are the only ones still playing. (Although I haven't seen Dokt in a couple weeks. Dokt, I need a cleric. Please come play)

Sirken said he thinks RMT keeps players "playing". I don't fault him for thinking this. The server continues to have a healthy population, from the outside looking in.

The players RMT'ing don't stick around. I keep thinking about all those epic'd rogues wearing Fungi's sitting on accounts I know are not being played any longer. I think about the friends who started the same time I did, leveled easily and quickly being hugely twinked, then hit level 50 and disappeared when the gear didn't give them the advantage they had become accustomed to.

falkun
07-15-2013, 01:15 PM
How much /played time do you have? I wonder what the hourly wage of that $6000 is...

Rhambuk
07-15-2013, 01:18 PM
I've made $72 million on this server, prove me wrong.

lol noc is such a joke.

I just hope people don't take him seriously like they did systolic.

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:19 PM
I say screw Velious, lets have a server wipe...start again, play to the timeline, and put this sorry business behind us ;)

Dirtnap
This is a misconception. There IS a huge continuous pool of players coming in and going out.

There were 450,000 players during peak. I'm sure there are plenty that have not discovered the server and are still yet to "relive the experience". This time with cash.

I started 6 months ago. I am very social. I've become "friends" with a lot of people in that time. From my first days, Dokt (Leader - of what is left of Blackout) and I are the only ones still playing. (Although I haven't seen Dokt in a couple weeks. Dokt, I need a cleric. Please come play)

Sirken said he thinks RMT keeps players "playing". I don't fault him for thinking this. The server continues to have a healthy population, from the outside looking in.

The players RMT'ing don't stick around. I keep thinking about all those epic'd rogues wearing Fungi's sitting on accounts I know are not being played any longer. I think about the friends who started the same time I did, leveled easily and quickly being hugely twinked, then hit level 50 and disappeared when the gear didn't give them the advantage they had become accustomed to.

I agree with you, RMT doesn't keep people playing. People hop on, buy top end gear with some cash, and get burned out because they already have everything they would need. They see endgame is so time consuming and quit.

EDIT:
I say screw Velious, lets have a server wipe...start again, play to the timeline, and put this sorry business behind us ;)

I actually agree with you on something. I would love to see a fresh start.

Tiddlywinks
Honestly, the thing that gets me is that Platlord slipped up. The way he ran his operationg meant that the GMs eventually got a hold of a spreadsheet that ultimately showed where all* of his assets were located.

I think he's proven time and time again that his methods of avoiding detection have been sound for 2+ years. Now some think this has to do with staff-corruption, personally I just think the dude has his shit down. He knows what he is doing. It's not like the serverstaff can really touch the guy, he had to be betrayed by someone within his own circle.

Whats my point? Unless he was truly so financially devestated by what occured that he cannot go on: he will be back. The market exists, and he has a proven method to profit off the environment.

This time he's very unlikely to make the same mistake again and have a document such as before available to anyone other than himself personally, perhaps even incorporate his business and hire employees that he would be able to hold liable if a leak were to occur.

Unless the GMs have drastically changed their RMT detection methods(not buying it), this guy guy has called it quits (unlikely), or Rogean pulls the plug (ya right) this guy is going to be back, and the cat and mouse game is going to continue.

He's not even the only one making a lot of profits off the server. So long as there are buyers and sellers this is going to be an issue, and newsflash it always has been and most likely always will be.

So who gives a shit.

*we're assuming this for the time being

Vaildez
07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
No, I've actually made over 6,000$ on this server but that's completely besides the point. I just don't understand how much of a fucking loser waste of life you have to be to dedicate your time to fucking people over because they spend money on a 15 year old MMO that nobody gives a fuck about anymore. If that is what your life amounts too, being a fucking RMT detective for a 15 year old emulated server, you should be fucking shot and killed because you are the biggest waste of fucking life humanly possible.

Oh my 6k!!! I should quit my job for that shit! LOL

khanable
07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Were you that guy that got banned for RMT but were allowed back because you "didn't know"?

The halfling chick?

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Fixed. You're stealing this game from Sony. For you to think you have the right to ban people because they spent real money on it makes me think you're about as big of a cock sucking hypocrite piece of shit as they come. RMT has existed since day mother fucking 1 since the dawn of MMO's themselves. Who honestly gives a fuck that some dude spent 150$ for a fucking fungi tunic. How the fuck does that effect anyone or anything? "wahhhh the economy is ruined cuz of it". No it's not you fucking retards, it literally has ZERO fucking effect whatsoever.

On a side note, I don't play this complete piece of fucking shit server anymore. Not only is the community a complete festering cancer of inbred retards but the people running it are the biggest scum bags that exist and I can only hope your houses burn down and you die irl.

So how long ago did you get banned for RMT?

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:25 PM
That's about 11-12$ an hour tax free. More than what probably 80% of the people playing on this server make irl. I've had multiple days where I've made over 50k. That's over 100$ in a single day playing a video game from my house. So no it doesn't break down to .13 cents an hour like your dumb ass probably thinks.

So you haven't declared this income to the IRS? Anyone got a postal address for this guy?

Tiddlywinks
07-15-2013, 01:25 PM
While you make many good points Nocturne, the amount of expletives, time you have to dedicate to making cash in a video game, and the fact you think $11-$12/hr is more than most people on these forums earn makes you seem like a ranting retard.

Nordenwatch
07-15-2013, 01:26 PM
ITT: Minions of platlord try to defend their leader

Flamewraith
07-15-2013, 01:26 PM
I've made $72 million on this server, prove me wrong.

Swish confirmed platlord. The GIF's are a lie!

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 01:27 PM
So you haven't declared this income to the IRS? Anyone got a postal address for this guy?

IRS does reward for info that leads to uncovering tax fraud FYI.

Aaron
07-15-2013, 01:27 PM

No thanks, Kriven. I was here early, and I value my accounts and guises. Don't go kickin up dirt. :p

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Swish confirmed platlord. The GIF's are a lie!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4263435008/h1259CA09/

No thanks, Kriven. I was here early, and I value my accounts and guises. Don't go kickin up dirt. :p

There'll be new opportunities for guises, fun for everyone... I have a dream...

Lopretni
IRS does reward for info that leads to uncovering tax fraud FYI.

Ro could no doubt get the guy's IP address. Use the reward money to upgrade the server. :D

Vaildez
I'm a professional poker player, I can do whatever the fuck I want really.

That was 6k without even trying idiot. Guarantee if I tried I'd make far more than you do irl with your shitty 9-5 job that makes you wanna kill yourself.

Yeah good luck with that shit... I make good $$$ and trade stocks for a living. I made 42k in one day of trading. Can you do that?

KessonDaslef
07-15-2013, 01:30 PM

This statement should be what is really focused on. Basically proves the staff has no idea even though they claim they do. More lies and deception right from those who you all think care and manage your characters.

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:31 PM
LOL if you don't think 11-12$ an hour off the books is wayyy the fuck more than most people on these forums. Jesus Christ half these retards probably don't even have a fucking job lol let alone one that pays 16-17$ an hour(you're forgetting the tax free part).

So that's an admission to tax evasion?

Vaildez
07-15-2013, 01:32 PM
So that's an admission to tax evasion?

IRS doesn't take kindly to tax evasion...lol

khanable
07-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Well doesn't the plat guy buy plat and items?

He's a real life ec trader type person? Buys shit low from people looking to cash out and then flips it for more?

Could explain how he jumps back into shit after getting most of his stock (assuming most?) wiped out. Just have the capital to buy it back up again and start over.

This tin-foil hat server drama stuff is so damn classic

LUV IT

Widan
07-15-2013, 01:34 PM
This statement should be what is really focused on. Basically proves the staff has no idea even though they claim they do. More lies and deception right from those who you all think care and manage your characters.

Exactly. RMT doesn't create the massive inflation this server has experienced. Either staff is creating items/plat out of thin air, or there have been large amounts of duping going on that have not been uncovered.

Sgt1stClassPerkerwood
07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
RAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

khanable
07-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Lol, the IRS can suck a dick and so can you. You're fucking retarded if you're paying taxes. This is why I love being a poker player. Don't have to report dick.

Tells everyone to suck dicks

Goes to jail and has to suck dicks

please make it happen, someone

Vaildez
Lol, the IRS can suck a dick and so can you. You're fucking retarded if you're paying taxes. This is why I love being a poker player. Don't have to report dick.

You sir are a moron if you think the IRS isn't going to find you eventually....

Lopretni
Wow, why do I get the feeling this dumbfuck is parading about on multiple forum accounts?

Sgt1stClassPerkerwood
07-15-2013, 01:38 PM
curses.

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Exactly. RMT doesn't create the massive inflation this server has experienced. Either staff is creating items/plat out of thin air, or there have been large amounts of duping going on that have not been uncovered.

You know you can go to Platlord's website and see that their sting did nothing.....

Either he is capable of duping or someone is giving him gear. The fact that the staff keeps saying "We're banning people!" Yet he's still very much active is getting pretty silly.

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:42 PM
The post has done little but made everyone read and repeat "Platlord, Platlord, Platlord" over and over.

I'd be interested to see if there's a spike in orders today.

Nordenwatch
07-15-2013, 01:44 PM
The post has done little but made everyone read and repeat "Platlord, Platlord, Platlord" over and over.

and a spike of subsequent bans ;)

Rhambuk
07-15-2013, 01:44 PM

there has to be... more bans incoming

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 01:48 PM
and a spike of subsequent bans ;)

I wonder why everyone is so focused on banning buyers and not finding out how the gear is actually getting to Platlord?

How are there so many manastones, cloak flames, AoN's in his list......???

No one wondering?

Aaron
07-15-2013, 01:49 PM
There'll be new opportunities for guises, fun for everyone... I have a dream...

Ass/Supp was barely camped back in the day. With a fresh restart it would be the hardest camp to get on the server.

Aaron
07-15-2013, 01:51 PM
I wonder why everyone is so focused on banning buyers and not finding out how the gear is actually getting to Platlord?

No one wondering?

This is the ONLY thing I'm wondering!

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 01:52 PM
This is the ONLY thing I'm wondering!

I'm personally hoping the answer to this is the next lot of revelations.

Swish
07-15-2013, 01:54 PM

No one wondering?

Why are people even going over there? This thread was a good warning but the namedrop in the title was a bad idea. Any publicity is good publicity. Cracks are appearing here.

Where's Edward Snowden?

dax
07-15-2013, 02:01 PM
This sounds just like the War on Drugs.If you don't understand this,then you are more than likely one of the very few that actually think the war on drugs work LOL.

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Why are people even going over there? This thread was a good warning but the namedrop in the title was a bad idea. Any publicity is good publicity. Cracks are appearing here.

Where's Edward Snowden?

Because people aren't too keen on pulling the wool over their eyes.

1) People say he was struck down hard
2) Trust, but verify.
3) Hmm his site is still up and he still has plenty of items.

All it takes is a google search.

Lopretni
07-15-2013, 02:03 PM

No one wondering?

I assume through lots of tedious grinding like how most RMT bullshit in MMOs goes on? Not enough accounts to pilfer like WoW so grinding is the way to go. Is there a totally unrealistic amount on the server or something that can't be attributed to some kind of drop rate bug or unintentional duping?

I think what's of interest is determining how the inventory comes to him then, yeah. If it's not having lots of people grinding for him then... exploits? GMs or high billing raiders on his payroll?

Dermis
07-15-2013, 02:06 PM
This sounds just like the War on Drugs.If you don't understand this,then you are more than likely one of the very few that actually think the war on drugs work LOL.

Man, the war on drugs is totally working! I know that I've personally taken thousands of dollars off the market. Chalk up a win for the little guys.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm personally hoping the answer to this is the next lot of revelations.

From what I understand he made money by buying in bulk and then parting it out, like most retailers do.

So he would buy 1 mil for $0.50/1k ($500) and then piece it out for $1.99/1k ($1,999) Now he turns around and buys another million while pocketing $1,499. Once you find someone who has access to millions of plat and is interested in selling it to you in large chunks it is just a matter of time before you have flipped it enough times to be able to start buying 5mil chunks, 10 mil chunks etc.

So this discussion turns into, if platlord = drug dealer, the population = drug users.. who is the guy making the drugs to sell to platlord? Who has access to millions of plat etc? =P

On a side note, it is crazy that 25 mil plat, 30 mana stones and a billion other items went out of circulation and the economy really hasn't changed a whole lot. I guess this is just due to the money/items being out of the economy for so long that the loss didn't change anything.. heck that almost means platlord worked as counter-inflation =P

Widan
07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
I assume through lots of tedious grinding like how most RMT bullshit in MMOs goes on?

Most RMT in video games are backed by exploiting and duping, not grinding. I mean just look at live EQ during Luclin that had the bazaar dupe in the game for months before removing it and basically ruined the economy of every server.

hatelore
07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
I am a professional BattleShip player, we do whatever we want too.

And yes, I sunk your battleship.

rebeccablack
07-15-2013, 02:12 PM

No one wondering?

There was a rumor at the time of the last banwave that all of the items on that spreadsheet were checked and had never dropped from mobs.

boudicca
07-15-2013, 02:12 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypot_%28computing%29

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 02:15 PM
I assume through lots of tedious grinding like how most RMT bullshit in MMOs goes on? Not enough accounts to pilfer like WoW so grinding is the way to go. Is there a totally unrealistic amount on the server or something that can't be attributed to some kind of drop rate bug or unintentional duping?

I think what's of interest is determining how the inventory comes to him then, yeah. If it's not having lots of people grinding for him then... exploits? GMs or high billing raiders on his payroll?

Well the big ticket items aren't grinded. Everything on his list would be nigh impossible to grind on this server.

So that leaves exploit, GM help, Raid guild help.

myriverse
07-15-2013, 02:16 PM

Good! The more people that "stumble" into that black hole the better.

And Ephi, kick 'em in their shins, too! Woohoo!

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Most RMT in video games are backed by exploiting and duping, not grinding. I mean just look at live EQ during Luclin that had the bazaar dupe in the game for months before removing it and basically ruined the economy of every server.

Eh, WoW was notorious for chinese gold farming operations where they could pay super cheap labor to sit and monitor bots doing trivial tasks all day (Gathering herbs, killing shit for tiny amounts of money/kill & hopefully getting a rare drop).

Since WoW was so big there are more than a few articles out there talking about these huge gold farming operations where you could pay $15/month for 30 accounts but manage to churn out a decent profit line.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/25/china-prisoners-internet-gaming-scam
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/magazine/17lootfarmers-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Given that all involved using bots, but not the same as pure exploit/dupes.

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 02:18 PM
My suggestion is if you legitamately buy a high end item (item not account) that you log the date and time in case you log in to a "banned" screen.

Been there, done that, produced date + time and it got sorted out.

I'd rather one man get his account locked for a week or two than RMTers go unpunished.

Nordenwatch
07-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Well the big ticket items aren't grinded. Everything on his list would be nigh impossible to grind on this server.

So that leaves exploit, GM help, Raid guild help.

This is not true. Most items on this server you can grind because you can buy most items with platinum.

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 02:20 PM
There was a rumor at the time of the last banwave that all of the items on that spreadsheet were checked and had never dropped from mobs.

If this is true; he won't ever be put out of business..... (unless they figure out *how*).

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 02:21 PM
This is not true. Most items on this server you can grind because you can buy most items with platinum.

Yeah, but even if you have the plat.... How are you buying that many AoN's, Manastones etc...

They aren't that common....

Awwalike
07-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Just play the game and earn your stuff.

sektors take note

Dermis
I don't take the anti-RMT stance too seriously, to be honest. I spent 15 minutes snooping around and found someone who has either RMTd or failed but tried.. their character name, forum name, and a lot of other information about them. Took a look at their forum account and they were last active two days ago. After looking at their posts I noticed they admitted selling a character for cash in another game, even.

I realize one small scale person isn't a focus.. but if anyone is actually buying what they're selling they should all be banned, and maybe that leads to other sources for buying plat. Shit, even if they tried and failed I would still prefer they were gone from the community.

Then you have people like Nocturne who openly admit to RMTing, and should be banned even if they're lying about it. Even if they hold accounts completely separate from RMT.

Nordenwatch
Yeah, but even if you have the plat.... How are you buying that many AoN's, Manastones etc...

They aren't that common....

If you have enough plat, they're very common. There were 3 AoNs being sold in EC the other day at the same time. And Manastones... i believe the most I saw being peddled in EC at one time was 5 a few weeks ago, when the price plummeted from 250k to 200k in a single day.

boudicca
07-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Good! The more people that "stumble" into that black hole the better.

And Ephi, kick 'em in their shins, too! Woohoo!

It's like ants and borax. Come on down and feast, boys.

Swish
07-15-2013, 02:24 PM
sektors take note

Are we talking about Sektors, Sektor, Sektorz, or Sektortortorxx?

Nordenwatch
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Well, looks like p99 is off PL's site now..

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
If you have enough plat, they're very common. There were 3 AoNs being sold in EC the other day at the same time. And Manastones... i believe the most I saw being peddled in EC at one time was 5 a few weeks ago, when the price plummeted from 250k to 200k in a single day.

Norden.... if I knew you.. I'd grab your shoulders and shake ya man....

Who do you think they belong to? (really)

khanable
07-15-2013, 02:27 PM

Interesting. This happened within the last hour then.

Raavak
07-15-2013, 02:29 PM

Lol, yeah. That was quick.

Tiddlywinks
RMT exists because there are buyers. Where there are people willing to buy platinum there will always be enterprising individuals willing to sell them platinum. Obviously the risk of being banned is not enough to deter people who chose this path.

The act of being banned only matters if you have time invested in your characters and plan on continuing to play. While every now and then I would wager this is the case, for a lot of people it isn't.

Ultimately the more people are banned for RMTing the more risky it becomes. The more risky it becomes the higher the prices are going to go. The higher the prices go, the more enticing it is to people looking to make cash.

As someone mentioned before.. war on drugs.. ya it's sort of like that. The only way RMT is going to go away is if people don't want to spend cash on in-game items. Despite what you personally believe/feel that has never, and will never happen.

Nordenwatch

The stuff Platlord is selling? isn't it obvious that its just the stuff IB RMT-ed off that he's held onto? Thats the only non-exploit option I could think of. Considering TMO has stated many times that they have a spreadsheet with all their loot earnings and who each piece of loot has gone to. I'm sure the GMs have checked in on this to make sure TMO is not a part of it.

now if, and i'm not saying I believe this, but if the GMs are in bed with the RMT-ers, then sure it could be TMO, GM-created, fucking anything really.

Swish

Give it 24 hours, I forget who but a watchful citizen made note of TMO killing naggy for Bladestoppers, and then the price of Bladestoppers on the site... something is clearly up, but putting the two together is impossible.

I think my next venture into an MMORPG will come after "paper" currency has been abolished, or never... whichever comes first ;)

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 02:32 PM

There are a few legit players who are HEAVILY into account flipping that honestly have that kind of money.

Spend some time on the EC forum, you see a lot of the same names come up over and over again with selling account x or having just bought account y.

Heck there was a shaman account a month or so ago (won't name names) that I know my friend bought at level 40 for like 30k and I saw being re-sold around 3-4 times over the next 3 weeks each time with a few more levels & gear and for incrementally more. Eventually it was like, lvl 55 shaman with epic & some misc no drops wanting 150k-200k.

Then you start getting into the people who collect guised accounts etc.. it gets crazy.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
The stuff Platlord is selling? isn't it obvious that its just the stuff IB RMT-ed off that he's held onto? Thats the only non-exploit option I could think of. Considering TMO has stated many times that they have a spreadsheet with all their loot earnings and who each piece of loot has gone to. I'm sure the GMs have checked in on this to make sure TMO is not a part of it.

now if, and i'm not saying I believe this, but if the GMs are in bed with the RMT-ers, then sure it could be TMO, GM-created, fucking anything really.

And I think that, as you mentioned, the platlord site has not listed p1999 blue since the big ban/deletion earlier shows that either he got out of the game here or is doing it as another name. If he was going through TMO there is nothing that would have stopped him from just using his profits to start up again... if he didn't miss a beat I think it would show that an active high end guild was still making shit available to him since there is no other way outside of server exploits for someone to just fall into 50 mil in plat + items (aside from raid guild selling raid gear).

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 02:37 PM
And I think that, as you mentioned, the platlord site has not listed p1999 blue since the big ban/deletion earlier shows that either he got out of the game here or is doing it as another name. If he was going through TMO there is nothing that would have stopped him from just using his profits to start up again... if he didn't miss a beat I think it would show that an active high end guild was still making shit available to him since there is no other way outside of server exploits for someone to just fall into 50 mil in plat + items (aside from raid guild selling raid gear).

Factually incorrect.

Gaffin Deeppockets
07-15-2013, 02:38 PM
There is ethier 1 or 2 Explanations to Platlord restocking so fast after being almost completely wiped out. And back to full force n within 2 weeks.

1. This guy has a obvious dupe, and its working, and never been traced or fixed.

2. Top guilds are funding this source with insane amounts of items.

Period. This is the only way, you dont fucking get 28 million plat from a few guys farming sebilis or howling stones. That would take years.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Factually incorrect.

Well then you either know of a different website or check it more frequently than I do.

The first time I checked the site was when the whole stabbyjoe/platlord thing exploded. The website explicitly said he was not dealing with p1999 any longer.

Then a month or so ago there was a thread where someone was talking about their GM buddy creating items for them to sell etc so I checked again, still no p1999.

Checked now, same shit, still no p1999.

As I said before, I guess I am just a square when it comes to being 'in the know' about RMT here since it doesn't really concern me.

rolx
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM
This guy is running circles around the GM's and the GM's are banning people who bought 10k from this guy. There goes everyone to group with 30-40. Instead of fixing the root problem. This guy has MANASTONE(S) on his site and any item in game OF COURSE HE HAS A DUPE 28 million plat? GTFO?

Systolic
07-15-2013, 02:54 PM
lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies

EVERYWHERE OMG

rolx
07-15-2013, 03:01 PM

EVERYWHERE OMG

go DIAF you scrub you got caught using HACKS on your shaman and it got BANNED. You then get detected with the SAME hacks you got banned for on your computer still. Then you QQ a river and try to get your account back saying someone else used the same hacks you have on your computer on another account? GTFO DBAG OF THE YEAR AWARD.

Nyrod
07-15-2013, 03:10 PM
breathe.....

Gaffin Deeppockets
07-15-2013, 03:15 PM

Haha wipe it clean. Woot Ephi doing god's work.

Kope
07-15-2013, 03:25 PM

EVERYWHERE OMG

Sys I understand you wanting to do the right thing and release the information at the most opportune time as possible but by you just hanging out and posting like this is actually damaging to your credibility. People still believed you had information after the discussion with Rogean, Sirken and Tiggles but as time goes by the public discourse is turning against you as you keep claiming to have information but releasing nothing.

I'm not saying this to slam, slander or even to promote what you're saying, but there are easy avenues you can follow to release the information so it's known to all without it being covered up. I understand you want your account but in your discussion Rogean basically told you what's going to happen with that. If you want any positive personal benefit from releasing the information that can now only come from Nilbog and he also posted a public response directly to you in another thread.

If you do have this information I implore you to release it for the betterment of the server, if not please stop perpetuating a lie it's not healthy for yourself or for the server.

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Sys I understand you wanting to do the right thing and release the information at the most opportune time as possible but by you just hanging out and posting like this is actually damaging to your credibility. People still believed you had information after the discussion with Rogean, Sirken and Tiggles but as time goes by the public discourse is turning against you as you keep claiming to have information but releasing nothing.

I'm not saying this to slam, slander or even to promote what you're saying, but there are easy avenues you can follow to release the information so it's known to all without it being covered up. I understand you want your account but in your discussion Rogean basically told you what's going to happen with that. If you want any positive personal benefit from releasing the information that can now only come from Nilbog and he also posted a public response directly to you in another thread.

If you do have this information I implore you to release it for the betterment of the server, if not please stop perpetuating a lie it's not healthy for yourself or for the server.

The fact that's using extortion to get his character back kinda ruined his credability. If I were the GMs I'd have agreed to his terms; found out what i wanted to find out then ban him again.

Kope
07-15-2013, 03:36 PM
The fact that's using extortion to get his character back kinda ruined his credability. If I were the GMs I'd have agreed to his terms; found out what i wanted to find out then ban him again.

For one point that I have to give him at least he's being honest in that regard and not feigning altruism.

Nordenwatch
07-15-2013, 03:37 PM
he clearly has nothing... just put him on ignore and he'll fade into obscurity.

Treefall
07-15-2013, 05:35 PM
This guy is running circles around the GM's and the GM's are banning people who bought 10k from this guy. There goes everyone to group with 30-40. Instead of fixing the root problem. This guy has MANASTONE(S) on his site and any item in game OF COURSE HE HAS A DUPE 28 million plat? GTFO?

Good, I hope they all get banned, and I hope he does to.

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 05:54 PM
It would be a shame if you pissed this guy off and he told what he knew discretely to some people

Bodeanicus
07-15-2013, 08:17 PM
If it were that easy to script/ban, it would be done already. I'm learning new things every day about this ass though. So, it's only a matter of time before I figure out what's going on.

More to come in Tuesday night's interview session with Tiggles twitch.tv stream. Tune in.

Your statement begs the obvious question: why don't you just delete his accounts from the server, period? And when one of his cohorts pops up to fill the void with the plat and items he was hiding, delete the fuck out of them to? Why is this not done?

Bodeanicus
07-15-2013, 08:18 PM
He most likely has the ability to change his IP address and probably has tons of mule characters. So IP banning is probably out. Banning all his chars is probably too time consuming so they just watch for them and track them.

Nuking them from the server would work, and it's a conclusion a retarded ape would come to, eventually. But for some reason, it's never been done. Why?

Ephi
07-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Your statement begs the obvious question: why don't you just delete his accounts from the server, period? And when one of his cohorts pops up to fill the void with the plat and items he was hiding, delete the fuck out of them to? Why is this not done?

Derp. Why didn't I think of that?

It's more complicated than you think.

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 08:28 PM

I really don't know what kind of tools you guys have as a GM on an emu server, or how much info (if any) is easily accessible about who is playing on your servers, but it must be very very limited if this guy is still at it. You must not even be able to say, look at every account that a specific IP or PC has connected with. Or if you can, how the hell is this guy still getting back into the game this quickly?

Also, I can't believe you are advertising for tiggles stream instead of answering questions on the forums.

Bodeanicus
07-15-2013, 08:35 PM

What's complicated about deleting a character? Not a goddamn thing.

Tiggles
07-15-2013, 08:42 PM
I really don't know what kind of tools you guys have as a GM on an emu server, or how much info (if any) is easily accessible about who is playing on your servers, but it must be very very limited if this guy is still at it. You must not even be able to say, look at every account that a specific IP or PC has connected with. Or if you can, how the hell is this guy still getting back into the game this quickly?

Also, I can't believe you are advertising for tiggles stream instead of answering questions on the forums.

Exclusivity contracts bro..
Tune in

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Exclusivity contracts bro..
Tune in

I'm only tuning in because I find your voice arousing in a totally not gay way.

runlvlzero
07-15-2013, 08:48 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scenery/pojustice-tribunal.jpg

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 08:49 PM
The spiderweb is what makes it so hard to pinpoint all of someone's accounts. He has enough platinum and items that he can either create or buy throw away accounts and trade the platinum / items around his own characters enough that it looks like legitimate trades. Also, he earns enough from doing this that its pennies to go buy a $50 laptop from a pawn shop to have multiple computer IDs and proxy servers to hide his IP address.

Awwalike
07-15-2013, 08:52 PM
just kind of confused how this guy still runs around selling shit

he's obviously duping in a way that isn't traceable by GMs?

only way I can wrap my head around this

Furinex
07-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Rofl, WOOT Ephi! Stroll over to platlord's website, he took p99 off! Fuck that nitwit. Looks like you got a couple of good ones. Hopefully he ragequit for good.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-15-2013, 09:03 PM
There is no way Platlord is working alone. Think about it. It's not hard to join the dots on this. The only thing a genuine purge would require is hard evidence - hence the watching, because there is no way they will be able to resist trying to salvage some of the plat and gear even though they know the mules are being watched. The beauty of dishonesty and greed is you can rely upon it.

Aye. Just allow them to be slowly hoisted by their own Runed Gnomish Petard.

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking that when I hit Platlord the information that I found (the giant list I provided earlier today) was just the accounts that he had set up and ready to go for sales. They were all parked at the same spot, each toon either had 499,999 platinum or three items, all of them were the same race/class/face/starting stats.
When the admin popped him he took Project1999 off of his sales website, but he never stopped advertising on some of the other "underground" forums. This leads me to believe that he had more items and coin stowed away somewhere else. But he couldn't have had all of the platinum on one single account. That's how I got busted, because I was the top three richest characters on the server.
I have several theories that I came up with while I was digging around then. I won't publicize them all because if I hit the nail on the head it might screw something up and I don't want Ephi's hard work to go to waste. But one theory is: A long long time ago on this server there were quite a few plat dupes, some with merchants, some with other bugs. Someone could have had the idea back then that one day they could profit from this server and decided to hoard an unimaginable amount of platinum. Explaining the items is simple with this theory - IB pretty much all left the server at the same time and a lot of them cashed out. That could be where a lot of the multiples of items came from.
Unfortunately I think this theory is incorrect. It's probably something a lot worse, and a lot more complicated.

Sarius
07-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Stabbyjoe, you got a lot of shit from people for what you did. I honestly think that you are a server hero. Thanks for coming back to the forums to contribute more to the conversation, I wanna see this fucker gone forever.

Tasslehofp99
07-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Ban TMO, problem solved.

Tasslehofp99
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm thinking that when I hit Platlord the information that I found (the giant list I provided earlier today) was just the accounts that he had set up and ready to go for sales. They were all parked at the same spot, each toon either had 499,999 platinum or three items, all of them were the same race/class/face/starting stats.
When the admin popped him he took Project1999 off of his sales website, but he never stopped advertising on some of the other "underground" forums. This leads me to believe that he had more items and coin stowed away somewhere else. But he couldn't have had all of the platinum on one single account. That's how I got busted, because I was the top three richest characters on the server.
I have several theories that I came up with while I was digging around then. I won't publicize them all because if I hit the nail on the head it might screw something up and I don't want Ephi's hard work to go to waste. But one theory is: A long long time ago on this server there were quite a few plat dupes, some with merchants, some with other bugs. Someone could have had the idea back then that one day they could profit from this server and decided to hoard an unimaginable amount of platinum. Explaining the items is simple with this theory - IB pretty much all left the server at the same time and a lot of them cashed out. That could be where a lot of the multiples of items came from.
Unfortunately I think this theory is incorrect. It's probably something a lot worse, and a lot more complicated.

Im not sure which items you're talking about having multiples of, but I know personally players who have over 30 fungi's on their account, among other very high end items. I know for a fact that they acquired them through legitimate farming means. If you're talking about raid items and such I'd start with the guild who's locked down project1999 for 2 years and openly sells/advertises raid loot.

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Of course it's easy to point your fingers at the enemy.
In all of my searching I only found one TMO member's name. And it was on a document that was created a few months after the release of Kunark.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Can someone summarize the Stabbyjoe story for those of us who missed it?

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Can someone summarize the Stabbyjoe story for those of us who missed it?

https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106658

zanderklocke
07-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Stabbyjoe and other Flawless Victory officers realized that Knightt, the FV guild leader, was working with Platlord. Stabbyjoe turned over the activities of platlord going on in Flawless Victory over to the GMs. I believe he found the exact information of platlord's spreadsheet out by hacking Knightt's email account.

While Stabby does turn over information to Sirken and other GMs, he realizes that it might be possible to take some of these items for his own end. He makes a couple big trades that seem to draw attention and result in characters such as the troll illusion bard Mythoxxus getting banned after he trades some pretty high end items for that character.

TLDR: Stabby turns in information about platlord because evidence of RMT in Flawless Victory taking place becomes evident to the officers, but then Stabby steals some of these items/platinum from platlord without telling the GMs. The GMs realize this, and Stabbyjoe is banned.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 10:07 PM
https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106658

Then I used some of it to gear / Epic these very nice characters.
After fiddling around for a while, I realize, "This game isn't really fun anymore once you have everything imaginable".

Yeah, no kidding. This is the whole point - no game is fun when you beat it by cheating. Adults already understand this. The children on this server yet to learn this (self-evident) lesson need to go somewhere else and stop draining the fun out of it for those of us who already know how games work, and want to just play.

Honestly, someone needs to code up a big red button that these people can click and which spawns the pop-up message "Congratulations! You won the game!", or introduce them to Progress Quest (http://progressquest.com/) so they will go away and leave the rest of us alone.

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Almost. Kind of backwards or sideways.

zanderklocke
07-15-2013, 10:10 PM
This is the whole point. No game is fun when you beat it by cheating.

Totally agree. Went to Morrell Thule server yesterday and today because I've gotten tired of grinding platinum/gear on P99.

On that server I had GM powers and could give myself any gear/power, and after killing all the raid targets in Kunark and Velious, I was like holy crap, this is really boring.

The journey is the fun part. That's why I'll always say that leveling to 60 is the most fun part of the game. It can be done totally casually with strangers, and it doesn't involve poopsocking mobs for hours on end.

Tecmos Deception
07-15-2013, 10:11 PM
So Stabby is the guy I did Stanos for? Haha :)

Arteker
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM
to much secrets from staff, just unveil names , make public names involving into rmt trader.

let them know community , and let community reply then drop ur hammer upon their heads.

Ephi
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM

Not sure if you're paying attention, but I'm doing both.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah, no kidding. This is the whole point - no game is fun when you beat it by cheating. Adults already understand this. The children on this server yet to learn this (self-evident) lesson need to go somewhere else and stop draining the fun out of it for those of us who already know how games work, and want to just play.

There are a lot of adults who were children when they played originally and just want to play this game and get a sense of beating it.. so RMT is an easy means to accomplish that.

Personally, I wanted a MMO to play and this was a great choice so im playing to play not to 'beat' it.

But as everyone has seen, a ton of people get to lvl 50ish and bounce.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 10:15 PM

Isn't Tiggles a known past exploiter/RMTer, or is that just forum slander?

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 10:15 PM
^^
I myself have actually just recently started playing here again from scratch. Its great. Hanging out with new players that haven't started using the forums yet and have no knowledge at all about what is going on on the server is awesome. Occasionally we get that 500k twink in the group that tries to carry the forum gossip with him.. but besides that its very enjoyable.

Delete your toons and restart.

Alarti0001
07-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Isn't Tiggles a known past exploiter/RMTer, or is that just forum slander?

slander

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 10:19 PM
There are a lot of adults who were children when they played originally and just want to play this game and get a sense of beating it.. so RMT is an easy means to accomplish that.

If you RMT you didn't "beat" anything, except perhaps yourself with an epic level of self-defeating irony. Pun intended.

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 10:21 PM

I guess all the responses were deleted? Sorry.

Ephi
07-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Stabbyjoe and other Flawless Victory officers realized that Knightt, the FV guild leader, was working with Platlord. Stabbyjoe turned over the activities of platlord going on in Flawless Victory over to the GMs. I believe he found the exact information of platlord's spreadsheet out by hacking Knightt's email account.

While Stabby does turn over information to Sirken and other GMs, he realizes that it might be possible to take some of these items for his own end. He makes a couple big trades that seem to draw attention and result in characters such as the troll illusion bard Mythoxxus getting banned after he trades some pretty high end items for that character.

TLDR: Stabby turns in information about platlord because evidence of RMT in Flawless Victory taking place becomes evident to the officers, but then Stabby steals some of these items/platinum from platlord without telling the GMs. The GMs realize this, and Stabbyjoe is banned.

Stabby got slapped pretty hard for his crime. Honestly, and I realize how this is going to sound, but if he had stolen *less* it probably wouldn't have been a big deal. Not like we'd turn a blind eye and call it a finders fee, but we probably never would have noticed given the excessive amount of information given to us.

Unfortunately, he took enough to make him easily the richest (unbanned) player in the game, and I had just happened to run a query looking at that around the same time as the RMT sting.

TLDR: Stabby deserves some credit for turning in what he did, and spent HOURS helping Sirken and I make sense of it all.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 10:23 PM
^^
I myself have actually just recently started playing here again from scratch. Its great. Hanging out with new players that haven't started using the forums yet and have no knowledge at all about what is going on on the server is awesome. Occasionally we get that 500k twink in the group that tries to carry the forum gossip with him.. but besides that its very enjoyable.

Delete your toons and restart.

Because this was always a great game as it was designed. You only understand that when you play it as it was designed, flaws and all. Welcome to the fun (sincerely).

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 10:26 PM
I still love you Ephi. Even tho you banned my 12 million platinum pieces, two prenerf fungus staffs, two bags of manastones, four AoN's, RoA, Mana Robe, Cobalt/Mrylokar/ES/Donal/Blood Ember/Singing Steel Breastplates and Greaves, Bladestoppers, 4x Puppet Strings, and my guised Cleric and Troll Bard.

You're still my homie

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 10:26 PM
If you RMT you didn't "beat" anything, except perhaps yourself with an epic level of self-defeating irony. Pun intended.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Fuck.

zanderklocke
07-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I still love you Ephi. Even tho you banned my 12 million platinum pieces, two prenerf fungus staffs, two bags of manastones, four AoN's, RoA, Mana Robe, Cobalt/Mrylokar/ES/Donal/Blood Ember/Singing Steel Breastplates and Greaves, Bladestoppers, 4x Puppet Strings, and my guised Cleric and Troll Bard.

You're still my homie

Ephi should put that in his forums signature.

Vaildez
07-15-2013, 10:28 PM
So were these duped items? Or did they actually drop?

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Stabby, you probably don't want to disclose your name but if you ever need a rez feel free to ask =P

Ephi
07-15-2013, 10:34 PM
So were these duped items? Or did they actually drop?

I'm sure we'll go into more detail tomorrow (too much to type), but essentially, I don't know. I have suspicions of duping activity.

The good news is, I know how to track platlords activities now. As long as I'm active (aka, not busy with work and life), he has nowhere to go.

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 10:36 PM
To my knowledge the Project1999 developers do not posess the software to follow the entire history of an item all the way to the drop date/time. They can follow it to a certain point, but I guess the database must dump the information at some point?

Such software does exist. So it is possible to create and use. But the owners of this software keep it super secret private. If there's some good coders/programmers around here maybe you should give it a whirl. I'm sure the staff would appreciate the effort. They all have jobs. So dealing with all of the RMT shit, patches, DDoS, crybabies, exclusive Tiggles interviews, etc... just leaves them no time at all to develope new software.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 10:44 PM
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Fuck.

Not to devolve into a he said/she said, but it's actually not opinion. If you cheat, you didn't beat the game (not that this game can be "beaten") - this by definition.

Anyway, RMTing is about real world greed, not game integrity. Personal integrity, sure; but then that's the real underlying subtext to this whole mess.

Tecmos Deception
07-15-2013, 10:46 PM
If you cheat, you didn't beat the game (not that this game can be "beaten") - this by definition.

Tell that to Kirk after he beat the Kobayashi Maru.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Tell that to Kirk after he beat the Kobayashi Maru.

He didn't beat it did he? He changed the game. Which is why that was a plot contrivance anyway. Good movie though.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Not to devolve into a he said/she said, but it's actually not opinion. If you cheat, you didn't beat the game (not that this game can be "beaten") - this by definition.

Anyway, RMTing is about real world greed, not game integrity. Personal integrity, sure; but then that's the real underlying subtext to this whole mess.

It is a MMO, not monopoly.

Barrier
07-15-2013, 11:14 PM
I guess I'm just one of those crazy people that enjoyed the interaction with my guild mates and doing things we had never done. Sure, gearing up helped us, but the first time my guild beat Sontalak was one of the best times for me. I played a warrior and I was never the best geared warrior and/or best AAed warrior across servers (although my guildmate Kandraax always was at the top for AAs for warriors), on the server I was on, or even in the guild I was in. But, it was fun.

Clark
07-16-2013, 01:02 AM
I Hurd systolic is platlord

khanable
07-16-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm sure we'll go into more detail tomorrow (too much to type), but essentially, I don't know. I have suspicions of duping activity.

The good news is, I know how to track platlords activities now. As long as I'm active (aka, not busy with work and life), he has nowhere to go.

Is there no way of determining if items are duped..?

Hex
07-16-2013, 01:49 AM
We know who he is and when he logs in, but we continue to let him play. We also like to make sense.

Tiggles
07-16-2013, 04:08 AM
lel

Bro what time thursday?

xarzzardorn
07-16-2013, 05:35 AM
imo the ddos is being executed in order to dupe items with platlord stocks being low

fadetree
07-16-2013, 08:13 AM
The problem (probably) is that there is no history of items. One thing you could do would be to expand the table that holds the items to have a globally unique key ( if it doesn't already ) and then instrument the rest of the code to lay down log records in a big ass log table everytime something significant happens to an item. Creation and trading events would be logged with the items UUID. That way, you could run a query to pull the creation and trading events for any item at any time.

Not sure how the duping works, but it seems like at some point the system would wind up inserting a (mostly) duplicate row into the item table...if you could figure out a signature you could make that a unique db index and have the system fail the insert. Would need to know more about the item system and the db schema to be sure.

Furinex
07-16-2013, 08:38 AM
imo the ddos is being executed in order to dupe items with platlord stocks being low

This actually sounds like something that is feasible. +1 to this theory.

Lostprophets
07-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Oh, and stop buying from others while you're at it, too. Just play the game and earn your stuff.

So playing the game for a few hours a night to farm your platinum pieces/loot to turn into plat for said item you want isn't "earning" your item that you want to buy? /confused

Isn't that what the game is all about, especially on a 100% content locked server?

No offense or trolling/flaming here but, If we had an enforced server rotation without a variance I could compensate that comment Ephi, but we don't so I gotta rewind and ask; Farming Items and trading them for Platinum pieces then buying your desired loots (that you can't normally get) isn't Earning your stuff?

I guess I just don't understand why you would make that statement.

Raavak
07-16-2013, 09:09 AM
I assume Ephi meant "buy from others" as in RMT. Legitimate trading amongst players is a huge part of the EQ experience, classic and P99.

Barkingturtle
07-16-2013, 09:11 AM
So playing the game for a few hours a night to farm your platinum pieces/loot to turn into plat for said item you want isn't "earning" your item that you want to buy? /confused

Isn't that what the game is all about, especially on a 100% content locked server?

No offense or trolling/flaming here but, If we had an enforced server rotation without a variance I could compensate that comment Ephi, but we don't so I gotta rewind and ask; Farming Items and trading them for Platinum pieces then buying your desired loots (that you can't normally get) isn't Earning your stuff?

I guess I just don't understand why you would make that statement.

Bro u dum.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Bro u dum.

A bit harsh but yeah, I was picardfacepalmjpging in my head when I was reading this post.

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2013, 09:19 AM
The problem (probably) is that there is no history of items. One thing you could do would be to expand the table that holds the items to have a globally unique key ( if it doesn't already ) and then instrument the rest of the code to lay down log records in a big ass log table everytime something significant happens to an item. Creation and trading events would be logged with the items UUID. That way, you could run a query to pull the creation and trading events for any item at any time.

Not sure how the duping works, but it seems like at some point the system would wind up inserting a (mostly) duplicate row into the item table...if you could figure out a signature you could make that a unique db index and have the system fail the insert. Would need to know more about the item system and the db schema to be sure.

Well... I don't know what you mean about a history of items, but hasn't Rogean (or nilbog?) posted from server logs before to show up people who whined about losing items or something? Like, I think it was Alawen actually, posted ages ago complaining that the server botched a drop transfer of his... and then Rogean/Nilbog showed up in the thread and pasted in some server logs showing timestamps and names and the items etc, of the guy who happened across the drop transfer cache and picked it up while Alawen was switching chars.

Found it! Dang Alawen for having an older forum name that I had to search too:

Anything you place into a tradeskill container is returned when you close it.
And like they told you, someone else picked it up. Find a better spot/method.

Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}

khanable
07-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Heh, platlord's site was updated to say sales are on hold for customer safety

HE SCURRED

UrsusMajor
07-16-2013, 09:29 AM

Yeah, I wonder why that is. Hmm....

Striiker
07-16-2013, 09:58 AM
I am hoping that Sirken meant that if people are willing to spend real money for items on this server, then it's a good sign that the server is doing well ends there and not that RMT is a god thing. What I hope he did not mean was that RMT is not a bad thing for the server. I got to see the effect that RMT has on a server in live years ago. RMT was profitable enough for people in lesser developed nations to work as a plat farmer instead of toiling in the fields or in factories and earn more money for less work. So, what happened is these individuals would sit camped at the various high value camps, farming them for the drops to sell for plat and for real world money. They even would sit at lesser valued camps and make up the difference in volume. This had some encounters on perm-camp status and they had no desire to group with anyone. At quitting time, another person would assume ownership of that camp.
I don't think that P1999 has enough demand for items and plat to see this happen widespread but if RMT were allowed, we'd see more of these highly desired camps permanently locked down, not to mention a stronger push to dupe / exploit.
I'm interested in hearing about efforts going on to stop the cheating and RMT activities. It's encouraging to hear this from server admins as silence frustrates many people into thinking that nothing is being done. I hope that the balance of providing information to satisfy the majority of people while not providing too much information to help cheaters is maintained.

Stabbyjoe
07-16-2013, 12:08 PM
The reason they can't give you a full blown list of everything they're doing to track RMT and all of their tricks, softwares, methods is because it would warn the RMTers and give them a chance to try and change their approach.

Ephi
07-16-2013, 12:18 PM
The reason they can't give you a full blown list of everything they're doing to track RMT and all of their tricks, softwares, methods is because it would warn the RMTers and give them a chance to try and change their approach.

^

Funkutron5000
07-16-2013, 12:44 PM
I don't care how they're doing it, I just want a stickied list of names along with their crimes! Keep fighting the good fight, Ephi and staff.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
^

Not just this, but also if there is (Read: there is) duping going on, there are only two ways it can be done: With GM intervention or without, and if there is a GM involved then this whole process is going to take a LOT longer.

I said it on the interview: Every time a rollback occurred, the server gave stabbyjoe the Fungi staves back. Its not hard to figure out how this scam works.

Platlord sells fungi staff, fungi staff goes to player a. DDoS occurs/ rollback occurs. Platlord gets his itme back, player A loses his item, petitions a GM, GM restores the item. There are now 2 staves, not one.

Of course, this doesn't happen AS much with the staves because they are so rare, but it happens all the time with less-rare items, such as fungi tunic, AoN, RBG, etc etc etc

Stabbyjoe
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
^^
Not sure where you've heard this from, but this statement didn't come out of my mouth.

Also when the server gets attacked by DDOS it doesn't force a server rollback. Rogean flips that switch.

Raavak
07-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Systolic once again confirmed full of it.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 12:57 PM

AIM chatlog

Stabbyjoe:
I stole two fungus staffs off of Platlords mules. A few days later the server "crashed". After the crash the same two mules were restocked with fungus staffs. Somehow that server crash duped the items.
Stabbyjoe:
Wasn't only the staffs. Was also some donals bps, manastones, puppet strings, AoNs

Systolic
I'll gladly screenshot it if you want

SamwiseRed
^seems legit

lol

edit: duh post SS, noone is going to take your word for anything. proof or shaddup.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oUtyJO3.jpg

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:13 PM
One of these days you guys are going to start listening to me

heartbrand
07-16-2013, 01:13 PM
I just wish they'd look at red as well with the RMT stuff

Lopretni
07-16-2013, 01:16 PM

Do we really need confirmation the sky is blue anytime we walk outside?

xCry0x
07-16-2013, 01:20 PM

I guess using a chat program from the 90s is part of the immersion experience? :)

Stabbyjoe
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM
No one cares about Red.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:23 PM

Would you like me to post a screenshot of me making 2 accounts and then talking to myself while saying I am Stabbyjoe?

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Would you like me to post a screenshot of me making 2 accounts and then talking to myself while saying I am Stabbyjoe?

I told him I wouldnt expose his screen name

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:25 PM
I told him I wouldnt expose his screen name

Wouldn't matter. You really need to learn what proof is. Your screen shot proves words were in a screen. Who said them was not proven.
Derp.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
He can easily confirm that that is him by posting here.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
He can easily confirm that that is him by posting here.

Have him do so?! Is this so advanced?
Not to mention the fact stabbyjoe or someone impersonating stabbyjoe made a statement does not make the contents of that statement true.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm asking him to right now

Sarius
07-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Sometimes you are just over the top Alarti

Stinkum
07-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Did you expect a signed affidavit? With timestamped, video recordings attached? Perhaps monitored personally by your grandma? With three spectators? And a stenographer taking notes?

This is the internet. Standards of evidence being less sterling than they would be IRL is a given.. Most non-autistic people realize this from the get-go.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Look at the dates/times of the chat. It was days ago. I didnt just forge that shit in the last 20 minutes.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Did you expect a signed affidavit? With timestamped, video recordings attached? Perhaps monitored personally by your grandma? With three spectators? And a stenographer taking notes?

This is the internet. Standards of evidence being less than they are IRL comes with the territory and is a fact most non-autistic people realize.

Standards of proof are universal whether or not someone can meet them or not. Are you saying because something is on the internet it is inherently more true since it is harder to prove?

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Standards of proof are universal whether or not someone can meet them or not. Are you saying because something is on the internet it is inherently more true since it is harder to prove?

Stop being a TMO shill and realize that the powers that be on this server are about to fall.

Barkingturtle
07-16-2013, 01:32 PM
I think it's likely Alarti derives a great deal of his self-worth from his exploits -- er, poor choice of words -- from his accomplishments on this server, and therefore any attempt to question its integrity is perceived by him as an attack on the sum of his achievements.

I still think you're a valuable human.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Look at the dates/times of the chat. It was days ago. I didnt just forge that shit in the last 20 minutes.

You're lost.

Possible rebuttals with number 2 being the most relevant.

1. Ok. so you forged that shit on the 12th.
2. Ok so read my last response to you where I stated that a statement made by stabbyjoe isn't inherently true.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:34 PM
The only people who have really been coming after me are TMO members.

People want to compare this to the Edward Snowden thing, well it kinda fits. The second Snowden starts leaking legit info, the government starts calling him a criminal.

Seems kinda familiar, imo

Alarti0001
Stop being a TMO shill and realize that the powers that be on this server are about to fall.

Prove it. (TM)

Furinex
I think it's likely Alarti derives a great deal of his self-worth from his exploits -- er, poor choice of words -- from his accomplishments on this server, and therefore any attempt to question its integrity is perceived by him as an attack on the sum of his achievements.

I still think you're a valuable human.

I no nothing of the validity of this but... This is so seriously deep I have to believe in it. Saved for future use, if I may?

Alarti0001
The only people who have really been coming after me are TMO members.

People want to compare this to the Edward Snowden thing, well it kinda fits. The second Snowden starts leaking legit info, the government starts calling him a criminal.

Seems kinda familiar, imo

..................lol You need to brush up on your logical fallacy.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Prove it. (TM)

See, in laymans terms this means:

'We are protected by the GM's, so bring it."

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:35 PM
..................lol You need to brush up on your logical fallacy.

You need to brush up on your rimming the GM skills, because apparently some info about your precious guild is coming down the pipes

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:36 PM
See, in laymans terms this means:

'We are protected by the GM's, so bring it."

Bush knocked down the towahs!

Systolic
Just wait.

Alarti0001
You need to brush up on your rimming the GM skills, because apparently some info about your precious guild is coming down the pipes

Some info about you went out recently too :)

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Some info about you went out recently too :)

Cool, maybe you all will see how fucking awesome I am outside of this silly game then

Raavak
07-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Also "somehow the server crash duped items" doesn't lead me to think there is some big on-going duping conspiracy going on. I read it as a one time thing, possibly by complete chance. I may be a noob or naïve, but my reading comprehension is usually pretty good.

Stinkum
07-16-2013, 01:38 PM

I know you get off on being a try hard, pseudo-intellectual on an Elf-sim forum.. but on the internet, people don't go around getting sworn affidavits on every mundane AIM chat they have in case they have to "prove" it to some skeptical, autistic Everquest player in the future.

Alarti0001
Cool, maybe you all will see how fucking awesome I am outside of this silly game then

So you are roleplaying a less awesome person?

Furinex
This thread is tantric. Cum already.

Systolic
So you are roleplaying a less awesome person?

I'm only not-awesome around here to people who are legit scared I'm going to ruin their cash crop.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:40 PM
I know you get off on being a try hard, pseudo-intellectual on an Elf-sim forum.. but on the internet, people don't go around getting sworn affidavits on every mundane AIM chat they have in case they have to "prove" it to some skeptical, autistic Everquest player in the future.

No one mentioned an affidavit other than you. I agree people do not document their activities on the internet. Explain to me why I should believe their claims just because they don't have proof.

This will be interesting, I am sure it will have something to do with Autism or your obvious Elf-bias.

Stinkum
07-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Can you prove you are, in fact, actually Alarti? All I see from over here is a fake, sock puppet forum account that someone made in advance for the purposes of this very conversation. I could've made the same account.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
He's in TMO. He knows his guild is probably busted. He is trying to disassociate himself with everything surrounding it, and the best way he knows to do it is mock me.

Its a pretty simple/common tactic.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Can you prove you are, in fact, actually Alarti? All I see from over here is a fake, sock puppet forum account that someone made in advance for the purposes of this very conversation. I could've made the same account.

I actually could prove I am Alarti. I choose not to since I have no interest in convincing you as such.

Derp.

Yinaltin
07-16-2013, 01:47 PM
alarti fake since oct 2009

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:48 PM
The fact that stabbyjoe ISNT responding to say it isnt him shows that it is him.

Stinkum
07-16-2013, 01:48 PM
I actually could prove I am Alarti.

This hypothesis is false until proven by fake-Alarti's unrealistic standards of evidence for mundane claims (tm).

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:50 PM
You see Alarti, as much influence as your guild has, I still get TONS of pms every day of people who believe me, and who support what I am doing.

Even if your guild's hands WERE clean (they aren't), don't you think that speaks volumes about your guild?

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:51 PM
He's in TMO. He knows his guild is probably busted. He is trying to disassociate himself with everything surrounding it, and the best way he knows to do it is mock me.

Its a pretty simple/common tactic.

You make claims... you don't provide evidence.

I'll gladly support any claims you can prove!

A pretty simple common tactic is to make outrageous claims, and then expect the populace to get caught up in the fervor just because they fear something to be true.

You try to discredit me all because I won't take your word on faith.... especially after being caught lying... and cheating.

Why are you so scared of proving your claim?

Prove it.

Furinex
07-16-2013, 01:51 PM
The fact that there isn't a conspiracy means there IS one.

Fixed that for ya. Drop it all or nothing man.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
The fact that stabbyjoe ISNT responding to say it is him shows that it isnt him.

FTFY

Equally idiotic

Widan

Presumably it will be proven or disproven when the admin's look at the info he has provided them, so everyone could probably just stop posting until then.

Systolic
Fixed that for ya. Drop it all or nothing man.

<Ephi> you are a douchebag man. Seriously, do you think I just sit around all day waiting for someone to give me some info so I can ban players?
<Systolic> Isnt that your job?
<Ephi> I'm working on it. So fucking relax.
<Systolic> Everyone wanted info
<Systolic> Everyone wanted proof
<Systolic> I gave it
<Ephi> No, I have a full time (60+ hours a week) job. This is a volunteer role.
<Systolic> Nothing has happened
<Systolic> Also
<Systolic> Do you have access to what people buy from vendor NPCs?
-> [ephi] PING
<Ephi> I think we're done. If you want to try having a serious conversation without throwing me under the bus for not quite working as fast as you'd like, then we can do that. Until then, I have real life work to do.
<Systolic> Give it to me then, I'll do all the work
<Systolic> Also
<Systolic> If you want to find out who all has done the nodelaythrow exploit
<Systolic> Check the vendor NPC logs of the NPCs who sell throwing daggers in non-city zones
<Systolic> EC
<Systolic> Oasis
<Systolic> Lavastorm
<Systolic> Thats where you will catch the most people because you will find people who have bough over 1000 daggers
<Systolic> And usually 1000 daggers lasts for about 10 mobs
<Systolic> throwing knives*

Systolic
No response from Ephi since then

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 01:53 PM
You see Alarti, as much influence as you have, you still get msgs every day of people who don't believe you, and who don't support what I am doing.

Even if your hands WERE clean (they aren't), don't you think that speaks volumes about you?
FTFY again....
you make this easy

Frieza_Prexus
07-16-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm only not-awesome around here to people who are legit scared I'm going to ruin their cash crop.

Then do it already. By all means do whatever you need to do, but stop making a show of it before you do it.

If you manage to bring down a bunch of hackers you'll deserve some nice kudos. No one's going to deny you a pat on the back for a good deed well done. It's not about the TMO crew, or anyone else, trying to suppress you. It's about you publicly stroking yourself over how great your accomplishments are when you haven't done anything.

You don't get medals for saying things; you're rewarded for doing things. Gloat all you want after you accomplish something. Until then, put up or shut up.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Then do it already. By all means do whatever you need to do, but stop making a show of it before you do it.

If you manage to bring down a bunch of hackers you'll deserve some nice kudos. No one's going to deny you a pat on the back for a good deed well done. It's not about the TMO crew, or anyone else, trying to suppress you. It's about you publicly stroking yourself over how great your accomplishments are when you haven't done anything.

You don't get medals for saying things; you're rewarded for doing things. Gloat all you want after you accomplish something. Until then, put up or shut up.

Read that portion of the convo with Ephi and you will see the attitudes I am getting in response to the proof I am giving

Furinex
07-16-2013, 01:57 PM
I said drop it all. Not some convo you had with an overworked patron. Blue collar Ephi. Represent.

Systolic
07-16-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm not posting the whole convo (yet) but I have already sent PLENTY of evidence his way. There are lots of toons/accounts that should be flat out banned, and aren't, and those same accounts/toons are having plenty of time to cover their tracks now.

Ephi
07-16-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm not posting the whole convo (yet) but that I have already sent PLENTY of evidence his way. There are lots of toons/accounts that should be flat out banned, and aren't, and those same accounts/toons are having plenty of time to cover their tracks now.

Gave me less than 24 hours to do any research or take action, despite the fact that I work full time and have other real life responsibilities.

Here:

10:38:47 AM Ephi: Whats up
10:39:15 AM Systolic: So I see that stabbyjoe is still RMTing
10:39:23 AM Systolic: And I see that ourplat.com is still selling pp
10:39:27 AM Systolic: What gives?
10:39:33 AM Ephi: ROFL
10:39:49 AM Ephi: you are a douchebag man. Seriously, do you think I just sit around all day waiting for someone to give me some info so I can ban players?
10:40:04 AM Ephi: I'm working on it. So fucking relax.
10:40:05 AM Systolic: Isnt that your job?
10:40:21 AM Systolic: Everyone wanted info
10:40:23 AM Systolic: Everyone wanted proof
10:40:23 AM Ephi: No, I have a full time (60+ hours a week) job. This is a volunteer role.
10:40:24 AM Systolic: I gave it
10:40:26 AM Systolic: Nothing has happened
10:40:35 AM Systolic: Also
10:40:49 AM Systolic: Do you have access to what people buy from vendor NPCs?
10:41:22 AM Systolic: Received CTCP 'PING 1373996501' (to ephi) from Systolic
10:41:33 AM Ephi: I think we're done. If you want to try having a serious conversation without throwing me under the bus for not quite working as fast as you'd like, then we can do that. Until then, I have real life work to do.
10:41:56 AM Systolic: Give it to me then, I'll do all the work
10:41:58 AM Systolic: Also
10:42:17 AM Systolic: If you want to find out who all has done the nodelaythrow exploit
10:42:40 AM Systolic: Check the vendor NPC logs of the NPCs who sell throwing daggers in non-city zones
10:42:44 AM Systolic: EC
10:42:45 AM Systolic: Oasis
10:42:46 AM Systolic: Lavastorm
10:43:16 AM Systolic: Thats where you will catch the most people because you will find people who have bough over 1000 daggers
10:43:26 AM Systolic: And usually 1000 daggers lasts for about 10 mobs
10:43:36 AM Systolic: throwing knives*

Alarti0001

This.

Furinex
I'm not posting the whole convo (yet) but I have already sent PLENTY of evidence his way. There are lots of toons/accounts that should be flat out banned, and aren't, and those same accounts/toons are having plenty of time to cover their tracks now.

I'm trolling you, you're trolling us. Fair? I want this server honest as much as the next person but, what you have here is laughable. Where's the gold?

heartbrand
07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
I just don't get how RMT is so rampant on red with zero accountability.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Gave me less than 24 hours to do any research or take action, despite the fact that I work full time and have other real life responsibilities.

Here:

Having a job and a wife doesn't give you 18 hours a day to do research on rmt for an emulator? For shame.

Frieza_Prexus
07-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Read that portion of the convo with Ephi and you will see the attitudes I am getting in response to the proof I am giving

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

You're masturbating over this awesome thing you've done, but we can't see it yet. No reasonable person will deny you your fair recognition after the dust settles. If you deliver, I'll be the first in line to say "Well done!" and "Good job!" But until that happens, you're just coming across as someone who craves drama.

If you do deliver, these theatrics will really detract from whatever victory you would have. Especially for those who would have otherwise respected you.

Alarti0001
07-16-2013, 02:06 PM
If you do deliver, these theatrics will really detract from whatever victory you would have. Especially for those who would have otherwise respected you.

Im not used to agreeing with Xasten so much. I like this trend.

Also, I'm not saying someone in TMO isn't RMTing. It is reasonable to think there is someone hiding within our ranks. When if a Name is revealed will determine if I care. Some names would surprise me, others wouldn't.

Also, the things being RMT'd would likely be plat and items such as Fungi's, or accounts.

I am not saying there isn't someone in TMO, FE, IB, BDA, Rapture, Whoever RMTing. I am saying prove it.... so we can do some house cleaning.

Lopretni
07-16-2013, 02:13 PM

Because then he couldn't parade around on the forums like the jackass he is, followed by the naive, continually touting his totally legit evidence and proof and information that he doesn't actually have.

This Zipzop dumbfuck will leave as soon as people quit giving him attention. If I start making claims about having info on RMT, can I be a celebrity on an emulator for a fifteen year old game? You guys don't actually care about credibility or anything like that so it shouldn't be a problem if I don't know anything about the Platlord thing.

For fuck's sakes I've only been playing again for like 3 days and I'm sick to death of seeing him post in every thread to do with RMT about his SOUPER SEKRIT INFORMATION. It's nothing to do with the health of the server, it's all about his ego and his status as a server celebrity. That's all he cares about. That's what it's been from the start, how he can profit from this situation. If he really cared about anyone or anything other than how he's going to profit from this thing we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

Swish
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
For fuck's sakes I've only been playing again for like 3 days...

I'm increasingly of the opinion that the best way to enjoy P99 is not to check the P99 forum.... I do it to myself though, every day. Gotta check on the latest WWE type storylines running in the forums.

Infectious
07-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Only got to page 12, but my idea is he is doing how alot of guilds started doing when they were cracking down on rmt on live. He is buying these items in bulk with his own cash. Someone who is a high up in a raiding guild cracks a deal. Now another person from that guild, creates a character. Power level him up and stack him up with gear. Then trade the account for cash to platlord. He strips the account, throws junk gear and sells that character and then breaks down the items. Notice he always has 1 character and tons of gear. My idea is he started trading the accounts on the forums for plat to cover himself.

This is the only way you can do this, except if he was dupeing. That character when tracked back comes up as an ip only to that account and the items were all gotten during a raid so guilds arent held responsible.

Dermis
07-16-2013, 03:04 PM
This Zipzop dumbfuck will leave as soon as people quit giving him attention.

Says the guy who has posted 13 times in RMT-related threads in the last 26 hours.

Lopretni
07-16-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm increasingly of the opinion that the best way to enjoy P99 is not to check the P99 forum.... I do it to myself though, every day. Gotta check on the latest WWE type storylines running in the forums.

Eh, I have the forums and a stream (ESA atm but usually Sirken if he's streaming) going on my other monitor, gives me something to do while I wait 10 years on my mana to regen.

Says the guy who has posted 13 times in RMT-related threads in the last 26 hours.

You ARE aware the RMT issue revolves around more than just him, right? RMT and the platlord situation are interesting. "I HAVE SOUPER SEKRIT EVIDENSE" gets boring after the first dozen times of hearing it.

It's cute you're stalking me though, I didn't know I was that interesting to you. ;)

Stabbyjoe
07-16-2013, 03:45 PM
I had a service call earlier. Didn't get a chance to respond. Not sure who is on AIM claiming to be me. It's possible that a sliver of that information may or may not be true, but I will not claim those chat logs.

Sarius
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Stabbyjoe, what do you have to say to this?

10:38:47 AM Ephi: Whats up
10:39:15 AM Systolic: So I see that stabbyjoe is still RMTing
10:39:23 AM Systolic: And I see that ourplat.com is still selling pp
10:39:27 AM Systolic: What gives?

It was my understanding that you yourself did not actually RMT? I thought that you just stole a bunch of shit from knightt (PL) and got caught and banned?

Stabbyjoe
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm not exactly sure what I should say to that.
Your understanding is correct.
It's almost confusing as to the reason of why I was banned. There are posts all over the forums that say things like "Giving out your account information is your fault! You are responsible if your items go missing!". But that is the only crime I committed. I stole a bunch of shit from accounts that I had the information from. The reason I was banned is because I had all of this information, I was trading around items and platinum like there was no tomorrow (since some of these trades were for accounts or me just giving shit away there was no platinum/item given to me in return in the trade window), I knew a lot of information about Knightt, and a few other pieces of information that I won't disclose, and I was using some of their same techniques to transfer the items around - The admin couldn't decide whether I was working with the RMTers or not.

ripwind
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
...since some of these trades were for accounts or me just giving shit away

Stabbyjoe Robinhood?